Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Death of juggernaut

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Death of juggernaut
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/25/2013 20:54:01   
Mother1

@ the final hour

Well it use to happen in the past. When I was coming up through the levels jug matches ended for me at level 31 when many newer player don't know off because they lowered the jugs opponent cap. However while you may not have experienced that I have as well as many other jug players. Why do you think they don't have level 31's fight jugs anymore? Because the jug players complained that every time they ran into 30 level 31's especially the fully powered kind they got clobbered every single time or if they did win they barely came out of it alive. Plus this was when Level 35 wasn't here yet so the level gap was 3 level the smallest.

It was like if you were playing 2 vs 2 the levels are equal or close to equal and your partner disconnects. So they changed it.

Now to be honest if they had what they are going to be offering in omega (The infinite NPC grinding for credits) as well as cheaper credit prices for enhancements I am willing to bet that Jugs matches in this time would have been a lot more challenging since

1 the gap in power wouldn't be impossible since players would be fully enhanced
2 Players would have the most up to date gear.

But this won't be happening since enhancements won't be staying. However in omega since enhancements will be gone, and everyone will be able to farm for credits to get the most up to date gear there will be no excuse for players to wine about losing to jugs.

Everyone knows right now in omega jug mode will be harder for those reasons.
Epic  Post #: 26
1/25/2013 21:01:22   
the final hour
Banned

quote:

Well it use to happen in the past. When I was coming up through the levels jug matches ended for me at level 31 when many newer player don't know off because they lowered the jugs opponent cap. However while you may not have experienced that I have as well as many other jug players. Why do you think they don't have level 31's fight jugs anymore? Because the jug players complained that every time they ran into 30 level 31's especially the fully powered kind they got clobbered every single time or if they did win they barely came out of it alive. Plus this was when Level 35 wasn't here yet so the level gap was 3 level the smallest.

they've tweeked the jugger range a few times . not sure its solved much though . my argument here is its okay for the challengers to get mauled . but if it happens to the juggers that must be fixed.

quote:

Now to be honest if they had what they are going to be offering in omega (The infinite NPC grinding for credits) as well as cheaper credit prices for enhancements I am willing to bet that Jugs matches in this time would have been a lot more challenging since

1 the gap in power wouldn't be impossible since players would be fully enhanced
2 Players would have the most up to date gear.

But this won't be happening since enhancements won't be staying. However in omega since enhancements will be gone, and everyone will be able to farm for credits to get the most up to date gear there will be no excuse for players to wine about losing to jugs.

Everyone knows right now in omega jug mode will be harder for those reasons

This may be the case and things may get better for the challengers but i have a feeling what has been said a few times will be the case. their will be promo skill cores only accesible by buying the 10k var package which will completely overpower anything else in game creating a knew unbalanced elite class thus not solving the problem at all. only time will tell

Post #: 27
1/25/2013 21:30:13   
Mother1

quote:

they've tweeked the jugger range a few times . not sure its solved much though . my argument here is its okay for the challengers to get mauled . but if it happens to the juggers that must be fixed.

I remember players saying that when it first came out the level cap was 25-26 against a level 34. However the players who fought jugs complained and they raised the level cap to level 31. Then the jugs complained and then the changed it to level 30. So there have been arguments on both sides. heck I even remember a suggestion in the past stating that depending on the level of the jug they should only get 2 player on the cap level for them (meaning level 35 should get 2 level 30's level 34 should get to level 29's and so on)

But to be honest with you this issue got worse the moment Jug fights became a faction thing. I remember when coming up I didn't run into jug nearly as much as I do now with my alts. I would have a jug fight every so often but now with my level 26 alts I run into them a whole lot due to players fighting for their factions.
Epic  Post #: 28
1/25/2013 21:32:43   
Death Jr

I think we have forgotten the real reason for why the juggernaut system was created
Post #: 29
1/25/2013 21:43:00   
the final hour
Banned

quote:

meaning level 35 should get 2 level 30's level 34 should get to level 29's and so on)

thats not that horrible of a idea .i think it wod fix alot of the issues i mean u can get 2 level 30s now and their very much beatable and they have a chnc of killing u . and come omega yes juggers will get weakened but so will they i think this cod be the answer or something along theese lines .
Post #: 30
1/26/2013 13:19:31   
Vorctic

Sigh.. I absolutely hate when the argument of how 2 full varium players lvl 30 might go against a juggernaut. You do realize the chance for that is like 0.1% Also, you are saying how we need to use boosters or change strategy against the Jug. The problem with that is, 99% of the time I have a clueless partner who has no clue what he's doing. So most times, it ends up being me vs the jugg. However, I do agree that making a new button to face juggernauts will be unfair to the juggs. 2000-30 win loss ratios are just ridiculous.

SOLUTION: This has been requested multiple times. Allow ally linking to 2v2. Of course the level range will have to be small but this will fix the main problem with juggernauts, terrible teammate means no matter how strategic you play, you will lose.
Post #: 31
1/26/2013 13:57:57   
Mother1

@ vorctic

Just because the odds many be low doesn't mean it doesn't happen. It was because of this and the fact that people complained they were facing 2 fully powered varium players at this level in the past that they lowered the level cap so while you may hate it it does hold some water.

As for the clueless part they do have something on the whats new page that talks about how you will encounter jugs at a certain level so if they didn't look at the what new page then of course they would be in the dark not looking at the tutorials and what is new can cause this as well.

As for your solution it is already in the FSI and I believe it was rejected for the soul purpose that an ally pair would have an unfair advantage against a random pair.
Epic  Post #: 32
1/26/2013 14:24:09   
the final hour
Banned

ally pairing could just apply to juggernaut and i dont think that would be such a bad thing .

However i can alrdy hear mothers objections the fact that 2 players would just team up with 2 builds that work perfectly together most likely anti jugg builds.
Post #: 33
1/26/2013 15:00:03   
Vorctic

Like I said before, the chance to have two fully powered varium players that actually knew how to play as a team was less than 1%. So of course it can still happen. I can't stand the juggernauts who think they are "hardcore" players because they have 99%+ win loss ratios. It just proves that juggernauts are overpowered, and you know it. And I will just laugh if you quit just because juggernauts won't be able to keep that 99%+ win loss ratio after omega. If you are a true "hardcore" juggernaut player, then you will be happy that they won't be as powerful once Omega comes in and you will actually have a challenge.
Post #: 34
1/26/2013 15:07:00   
the final hour
Banned

ive been making this argument all along its true a juggernauts record is pretty wortless since its practically impossible to loose in this mode no matter what you do.

~Please do not quote the post directly above you, it is spam.
Mritha

< Message edited by Mritha -- 1/26/2013 18:29:22 >
Post #: 35
1/26/2013 15:23:59   
Mother1

@ vorctic

I will lay my jug record for you.

wins 364
loss 211

Now tell me does that look like a 99% win rate to you? or even 80%? No not even close I myself have a 60-70% win rate so please don't accuse me of being biased or not wanting a challenge. I have gotten challenges in jug mode and I still remember one challenge when the team was in perfect sync and gave me a real run for my money and yes I do enjoy those. However, certain idea that we both know would give the player an unfair advantage over jugs or completely destroy jug mode (which you pointed out with the jug button for players) I will reject them.

@ the final hour

FSI

Your idea is also in the FSI if you check and whether they are thinking about it or outright rejected it for the same reason as the 2 vs 2 idea I don't know.

< Message edited by Mother1 -- 1/26/2013 15:25:18 >
Epic  Post #: 36
1/26/2013 15:33:57   
the final hour
Banned

my wins in jugger

my losses

and about 40 of thoose losses if not more are due to loosing connection and ive seen people with far better jugg records then me.
Post #: 37
1/26/2013 15:50:01   
Mother1

@ the final hour

http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=21063851&mpage=1&key=�

I made a new suggestion thread for the idea I mentioned before. I remember facing 2 level 30's before and while I found it easy at times sometimes those players seemed to enjoy it as well because they said "they actually stood a chance of winning as well" Plus I could live with it as well if it was put into play.
Epic  Post #: 38
1/26/2013 22:21:54   
Giras Wolfe

Oh boo hoo you can't have a 99.5% win rate by beating up level 28s anymore because you don't have enhancements. God forbid the battle mode actually be fair to both sides. It will still be a useful battle mode because taking on 2 players implies a unique strategy but you shouldn't be invincible. In 1v1 or 2v2 you can't get an absurd PvP win rate without working REALLY hard and paying attention. This should also be true of juggernaut.

< Message edited by Giras Wolfe -- 1/26/2013 22:24:05 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 39
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Death of juggernaut
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition