Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: La chute de Epicduel (Language Discussion)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: La chute de Epicduel (Language Discussion)
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/26/2013 23:35:08   
  Nightwraith

We'll call for translators when we feel we have enough demand in a certain language. Not sure what the next language will be, but obviously Omega is taking priority now. We'll likely post in the DNs when we are ready to translate into a new language.

As an aside, the global map of EpicDuel players is fascinating. I'm amazed how big we are in some counties, but almost completely absent in others. I don't know if it's cultural, or just where our ads are most effective, but it's still neat.
Post #: 26
1/26/2013 23:38:35   
Stabilis

The other language that I found third/fourth common is German, then Russian.
AQ Epic  Post #: 27
1/27/2013 6:57:06   
J.U.S.T.I.C.E.

Mandarin Chinese is the most popuated language (Nightty) and Brazillian is another fluent language through ED
AQW Epic  Post #: 28
1/27/2013 9:26:59   
Stabilis

^

Mandarin is extremely popular yes, but how often do you see the average Chinese person of 1.3 billion in EpicDuel speaking their language? I have never seen a Mandarin dialect so far, and you know why? No keyboard support.
AQ Epic  Post #: 29
1/27/2013 9:36:11   
midnight assassin

What about tagalog? There are many filipino speakers in ed not to be bias.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 30
1/27/2013 10:21:07   
King FrostLich

Mandarin Chinese....is more difficult to be placed in this game in my opinion. Epicduel currently supports letters, numbers and punctuations. They don't have a system that allows symbols to be placed in here unless they change or remodify the coding for it. Plus, not only is encoding the game with chinese symbols that easy, there's ALOT of symbols in the Mandarin Chinese language that can have several meanings. I'm half chinese and half filipino and although I was born in the Philippines, you do NOT want to know how hard it is to understand the symbols if translated to English.

Interesting Fact: Even though I'm half Chinese and half Filipino, English is my 1st language and Chinese is my second though I can speak both fluently.
Epic  Post #: 31
1/27/2013 12:55:19   
King Helios

Why not auto-translate Portuguese to English or vise versa in settings?
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 32
1/27/2013 13:05:37   
Remorse

^ That would be awesome.

So many times in 2v2 I suggest my partner to do something they don't respond and do the complete opposite then I realize they dont understand.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 1/27/2013 13:06:02 >
Epic  Post #: 33
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: La chute de Epicduel (Language Discussion)
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition