Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Weekend Progress Report - January 26, 2013

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Weekend Progress Report - January 26, 2013
Page 10 of 13«<89101112>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/1/2013 7:43:05   
RageSoul

quote:

Final Balance / Testing Pass 10%

Well , this kinda made my day . The rests of them are a-okay ! But with this ( balance ) at a low 10% , i'm willing to bet my two cents that Omega will be released right about 3 - 4 days before March ( hopefully ) .
AQW Epic  Post #: 226
2/1/2013 10:18:33   
Blitzex/Sr. Zeph
Banned

Lets hope on sunday, so i can still play omega this week, instead of waiting till next week's weekend
Epic  Post #: 227
2/1/2013 11:11:10   
FishNoobCrack

quote:

Couldn't be more proud of the ED team for pulling this thing together. I can't wait to share Omega with you. Final testing begins now...

Titan's tweet from 10 hrs ago. Hopefully nothing out-of-the-ordinary happens.

EDIT: HAH, posted on 11:11:10

< Message edited by FishNoobCrack -- 2/1/2013 11:12:36 >
Post #: 228
2/1/2013 11:34:01   
Drianx

quote:

Lets hope on sunday, so i can still play omega this week, instead of waiting till next week's weekend

They have already said a weekend release is unlikely. Best case scenario is to have it released early next week.
AQW Epic  Post #: 229
2/1/2013 11:37:23   
King Helios

I hope they release it Tuesday/Wednesday, so the Golden Yeti Tournament begins on the weekend (Friday if Tuesday, Saturday if Wednesday).
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 230
2/3/2013 2:18:19   
cool preston

Testing is at 35% I'm predicting a monday-50% chance of release Tuesday-80% chance of release Wednesday 100% Release. I bet you wednesday is the release very likely. Were going to hit the 55% mile marker tommorow I predict. Cmon omega hurry up. NONE of us can wait any longer haha
MQ  Post #: 231
2/3/2013 7:53:04   
Lycan.

I'm predicting Friday.
Epic  Post #: 232
2/3/2013 8:13:08   
SouL Prisoner

Looks like the testing is taking more time then developing :/
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 233
2/3/2013 8:20:27   
Blitzex/Sr. Zeph
Banned

dont get why it can take so long :\.

You just make every tester one class, test it against other testers.
That balance test doesnt take up more then 2 days if they work with ALL testers as they said.
Epic  Post #: 234
2/3/2013 8:29:50   
theholyfighter

Btw I don't think it's too necessary to test too much, since we know it's IMPOSSIBLE to be 100% Bug-Free.
AQW Epic  Post #: 235
2/3/2013 8:30:16   
Ranloth
Banned

quote:

Looks like the testing is taking more time then developing :/

Considering it's weekend and you have day or two off school/work, why shouldn't they? Not obliged to work during their days off yet some still do it overtime & not get paid for it. Testers are all around age of 18-22 (IIRC) so some have College/University and some work, there is a certain priority as of to what comes first.
AQ Epic  Post #: 236
2/3/2013 8:36:38   
SouL Prisoner

Should have appointed some more testers(as 2 has already left) and should appoint from other time zones for 24/7 testing ...(not just US, England, Australia etc)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 237
2/3/2013 8:38:49   
TRizZzCENTRINO

quote:

Considering it's weekend and you have day or two off school/work, why shouldn't they? Not obliged to work during their days off yet some still do it overtime & not get paid for it. Testers are all around age of 18-22 (IIRC) so some have College/University and some work, there is a certain priority as of to what comes first.

yes, some forget that testers have their own life to manage.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 238
2/3/2013 8:41:43   
SouL Prisoner

^Yup, and they sure r quite strict at selecting their testers and still 2 left after few weeks?? -.-
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 239
2/3/2013 8:42:09   
Blitzex/Sr. Zeph
Banned

quote:

Considering it's weekend and you have day or two off school/work, why shouldn't they? Not obliged to work during their days off yet some still do it overtime & not get paid for it.

Dont wanna be a big complainer here but i think they actually are obliged.
They already delayed it with more then a month..
They cant just stop just because their feature locked

< Message edited by Blitzex/Sr. Zeph -- 2/3/2013 8:44:21 >
Epic  Post #: 240
2/3/2013 8:45:00   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above well what can you expect? it is a big change afterall.

quote:

^Yup, and they sure r quite strict at selecting their testers and still 2 left after few weeks?? -.-

don't you understand that things change unexpectedly in life? I'm sure they have their reasons to why they left.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 241
2/3/2013 8:51:59   
Ranloth
Banned

quote:

Dont wanna be a big complainer here but i think they actually are obliged.
They already delayed it with more then a month..
They cant just stop just because their feature locked

Haha, no. Perhaps I meant it in terms of law? Delay has nothing to do with it. Weekends are usually treated as days off if you work 5 days a week. The puny delay is nothing when the law is superior to it.
Using that as example, why aren't you at work or school right now? So what if you've been whole week, I think you are obliged to go to work/school to earn more money/get higher grades. No, because law states otherwise (unless you go Sunday school).
AQ Epic  Post #: 242
2/3/2013 9:34:20   
Blitzex/Sr. Zeph
Banned

quote:

why aren't you at work or school right now? So what if you've been whole week, I think you are obliged to go to work/school to earn more money/get higher grades. No, because law states otherwise (unless you go Sunday school).

Im not at work because it is closed on sundays. But it will open at sundays when its very busy like holidays. (such in this case its not holidays but busy with omega)
I work whole saturdays, and i also work as a trainee all day during weekdays.
So with that said, you dont make much sense do you?

And the Law gets broken all the times, so thats not really an excuse is it?
Thats why their are prisons.

And as a example:
You go to school (dont know if you do) and you need to make a project.
You dont got enough time so you ask for more time.
Then you probably work more then you usually did right?

This is exactly the same, when you delay it, you need to work harder, faster, and more.
And not just stop because its weekend, why?
Because you are already FARRRR too late.

And also, they stated multiple times theres gonna be a release, and there never came one.
Thats breaking promises, isnt it?

Epic  Post #: 243
2/3/2013 9:44:27   
Ranloth
Banned

quote:

Im not at work because it is closed on sundays. But it will open at sundays when its very busy like holidays. (such in this case its not holidays but busy with omega)

Exactly. It's closed, so why does ED Team have to work? They don't but they do when it's needed, just lower amount because it's a day off. You proved my point.

quote:

And the Law gets broken all the times, so thats not really an excuse is it?
Thats why their are prisons.

... What? I was on about how there's certain limit of hours per week that ED Team works during and otherwise, it's either overtime (paid, although rarely unless needed to) or you work for free which is likely the case here with Omega + Sundays.

quote:

And also, they stated multiple times theres gonna be a release, and there never came one.
Thats breaking promises, isnt it?

Law > promise
AQ Epic  Post #: 244
2/3/2013 10:06:55   
One Winged Angel1357

Florida has no special work laws so the underground lab is allowed to be open for business over the weekend. Whether it is or not comes down to the staff making a call and since they can test from home(if Goony can get on the test server from Australia then the Dev's can test from home) there is no reason why they couldn't get online and work during the weekend. I am sure the Dev's are on and off with the testers while still enjoying the weekend.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 245
2/3/2013 10:26:27   
Blitzex/Sr. Zeph
Banned

quote:

Exactly. It's closed, so why does ED Team have to work? They don't but they do when it's needed, just lower amount because it's a day off. You proved my point.

We are open on special occassions which i already said.
This is one of those special occasions where they need to work more as they have broken their promises.

It may not be the Law, but you can consider it as breaking the rules.
When you say something, you do it.
When you delay something, you get it right next time, which they didnt 3 times.

Epic  Post #: 246
2/3/2013 10:32:54   
King Helios

Now Final Balance / Testing Pass is 35% (About 1/3 done)
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 247
2/3/2013 10:55:52   
One Winged Angel1357

Blitzex the scripts work and it is done to testing now which can be done from most anywhere in the world including the Dev's private residence. The rather comical question that just popped into my head is if Charfade is at home testing is Korin helping?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 248
2/3/2013 11:18:34   
Blitzex/Sr. Zeph
Banned

^ Who is Korin?

But yes, they can work at home.
So why does the testing take so long since ALL testers would be working on it, at least they promised that (which they dont always keep)

< Message edited by Blitzex/Sr. Zeph -- 2/3/2013 11:19:22 >
Epic  Post #: 249
2/3/2013 11:21:08   
One Winged Angel1357

From Goony about what is being tested

quote:

Hmmm, closer to 1400 weapons and armors and 90 NPC's... Although some of these don't have challenges, but we need to make sure the shops and other functions accociated with the NPC's work. We won't be able to test every scenario. Apart from the fact that Slayer can turn me into roadkill in two turns things are looking good.

And then you have to tag on all the 50+ missions Cindy came up with to make sure those all work
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 250
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Weekend Progress Report - January 26, 2013
Page 10 of 13«<89101112>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition