Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=HS= Design Notes January 25th: The Age of Ice

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [HeroSmash] >> HeroSmash General Discussion >> =HS= Design Notes January 25th: The Age of Ice
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/27/2013 16:41:09   
Jorath
Advocator of Wills

quote:

Randor the Red

January 25, 2013
The age of Ice
This week there is no HeroSmash update. One of the drawbacks of living on the coast up North is that you're open to the elements (real life elemental damage HURTS). When we think of Smashmas, we forget that it's not just a holiday season, but one that comes with winter weather. Winter storms have been wreaking havoc on the power grid here, which has led to other issues like no computer, no internet, no TV, no lights, no heating and, for some, no water.

Let's all remember that there are many people affected by severe winter storms. I’m asking everyone to be a Hero (just in real life, villains, don't worry!) and help others whenever you can.

Next week: Player suggestions! Art has been pouring in from the art team.

Coming soon: Many of you have been asking for a 2v2 PvP zone, so we're currently working on making that happen!

Have a great weekend, be careful, and be safe!

< Message edited by Leon ShadowHart -- 1/28/2013 13:08:54 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 1
1/27/2013 17:06:27   
Balu
Legendary AK!!!

Hope you guys weren`t too effected and that the team is all right!

Been testing pvp a bit lately. I`m not at the lvl I want to be for pvping but i tested it a bit and I`m finding the experience fun! I`m getting kinda owned but having fun nontheless. A 2v2 zone sounds nice and player suggestions equally enticing!

Hope everyone is doing well and Randor, can we has a bit more teasers about what you guys are working on any given week? :D
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
1/28/2013 5:13:15   
linklink0091

the 2v2 team sounds nice, it would be like the old 3v3 back when it only needed 4 players to start it up...as fun as that would be the storyline or at least a quest chain of new would still help the game more then pvp,

again i was asking around and i kept getting "new powers, fix the old broken powers, bigger storyline " and i agree with the fixing of powers and the add on to a story, the new powers can wait till things are a bit more balanced in the game

PS question, i have a theory for the incorrect math when buffing over time based skills, should i post that in the pvp balanced section (again) or in the bug thread
AQW  Post #: 3
1/28/2013 9:41:07   
Drakkoniss
Creative!
Constructive!

I was wondering when you'd be done with the player suggestions you said you'd be making...

I *do* enjoy the idea of 2v2 PvP. As Link said, one must keep in mind that you need to be paying attention to other types of updates, but I see how 2v2 could be very entertaining, and actually would lead to new powers, as he seemingly failed to assume. (On the topic of PvP, good to see someone new join the fray; Congradulations, Balu, and may you become extremely skilled at it)

With the damage from Sandy still largely not having been fixed, and the fact that it happened so late into the year taken into account, I do not blame you in the least. Damage will naturally build up from such things, and one must deal with the cards they are dealt; That means that the players need to understand that resources are even more limited than they should be if they'd continued on normal trends, and that the updates that this DN indicates are actually rather good, even if you personally don't like the idea of another weapon/armor release. Powers come from suggestions, too, btw. A positive outlook.
DF  Post #: 4
1/28/2013 15:27:58   
plebster

Any update on the bugged pvp leaderboards yet?

2v2 sounds neat.
AQW  Post #: 5
1/28/2013 23:02:06   
linklink0091

drak, other ppl want new powers i dont, i would personly be more pleased with the current powers being properly blanced in conguntion with the other powers so even in combo they wont OVER DO a single aspect of the player or target i mean lets think for a sec somen that would lower haste to the point your auto attack is dubled shouldnt be able to loop let alone near loop, that skill should be a timed skill used at key points in the match, posions or DoTs should take more then half the hp in a single tick

now saying i dont want new powers, gawd i would love to spice up the pvp field XD and i try to do that on my level 10 alt, but honestly lets work on getting possably a new faction , lets face it rep is hard to get up and a lot of ppl would flawk to a new faction area, even a quest chain :P
AQW  Post #: 6
1/29/2013 8:52:23   
Crystal Lion

Art? Something's happening; good things, in fact.
Post #: 7
1/29/2013 12:52:33   
Drakkoniss
Creative!
Constructive!

It would seem the shops have both been updated. 2 items in the Skull Deep one, and one armor from Migo in the Herospire one.

Skull Deeps items are a helmet with a Behemoth sealed in it, and a sword (made by Omega) that was forged in the underworld, and was linked to the power of an "undead fiend". How a fiend can be undead...

That being said, I'd guess the shops will be further updated later in the day, and more items will be added. At the very least, I *hope* so. XD

Update: A total of 6 items have now been released, with one armor that requires Rank 6 Evil in the Good Suggestion Shop! 3 new armors, 2 weapons, and 1 helm.

< Message edited by Drakkoniss -- 1/29/2013 18:15:05 >
DF  Post #: 8
1/30/2013 19:27:16   
Jessa K

It's really great to see some new suggestions in the shops, and they look great too. Very nice additions. I wonder if that'll be it for a while, or if there will be more suggestions to come soon?

< Message edited by Jessa K -- 1/30/2013 19:28:29 >
AQW  Post #: 9
1/31/2013 13:07:51   
vulkan

YAAAAY! we have a 40k chainsword at last!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [HeroSmash] >> HeroSmash General Discussion >> =HS= Design Notes January 25th: The Age of Ice
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition