Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Let all varium players test.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Let all varium players test.
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/29/2013 5:08:21   
T.600

With this big update coming, it is very likely that it could be broken, and a few testers would not be able to test quickly enough and efficiently enough.

Discuss.

EDITED post because I don't want to sound too offensive, sorry.

< Message edited by T.600 -- 1/29/2013 8:14:38 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
1/29/2013 5:11:38   
TRizZzCENTRINO

no, we all know what some varium players are like, they will be biased towards their favorites, so they will not make the correct statement and gather the correct data.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
1/29/2013 5:14:30   
T.600

Biased towards what? It can only improve efficiency.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
1/29/2013 5:17:28   
Remorse

Supported if its players above 30.

It would be easy to tell the bias anyway.
And if its only so players can give an opinion before they make it permanent and thus make it a lot harder to change it could be relatively harmless.

Reminds me a lot of the tactical merc disaster, and how they remained OP for so long because they didnt make the obvious changes any lvl capped players would of picked up on.

After all their have been many cases were little changes that are sometimes less obvious leaving possible exploiting have been missed by the testers.

But you cant blame them when their is so much to test and consider.

Having player be able to might make some give bias opinions but they can be ignored and the little changes which may have been missed by testers alone can be fixed before going live.

Plus I see many online games where players test new things before the release so they can give opinions.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 1/29/2013 5:21:18 >
Epic  Post #: 4
1/29/2013 5:35:19   
TRizZzCENTRINO

ED should not have the same testing method as AQW, AQW had members to test because there isn't much competition in it, there is no win/loss records and the things they test are just plain features that doesn't benefit anyone much, plus the tournament is a test anyways, but there isn't much to the contest apart from getting wins and winning the golden yeti once you reached the top 100, the testers should test the new skill cores and any other things that effects battle, for all i know is that one side of the players will be screaming that something is OP, and the other is just saying that it is not OP, plus, rabble said that they will monitor the battles and nerf or buff when they see that its necessary.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
1/29/2013 5:45:40   
T.600

^All you do is spend your time defending the staff kid, based on the horrible balance in the past, it is necessary and what you're saying is invalid and does not make any sense.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
1/29/2013 5:46:49   
theholyfighter

It'd be efficient, but only those who test know what they're doing and whether it's reasonable or unreasonable about the problems they take out.
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
1/29/2013 5:57:20   
TRizZzCENTRINO

quote:

^All you do is spend your time defending the staff kid, based on the horrible balance in the past, it is necessary and what you're saying is invalid and does not make any sense.

oh please, why would i defend the staff? don't be so immature, the balance in the past was horrible because of enhancements and certain weapons that give more stats that benefit a specific build, your reasons are invalid since you didn't point out anything in particular, just saying that the balance is horrible in the past is not enough, try better, it would be pointless replying back to me anyways, im right about it.

on topic: im afraid that it would cause more hard than good, ED is not a simple thing to balance, just think about it when they release more classes, 6 classes is really hard to balance come to think of it. the devs don't need to hear all the complaints/arguments about whats OP or not, and if some of you don't know, rabblefroth is sick(just letting you guys realise that they are humans) they would get more help from statistics of people doing 1v1, 2v2 and jugg.

< Message edited by TRizZzCENTRINO -- 1/29/2013 6:02:40 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
1/29/2013 6:02:05   
TurkishIncubus

There should be public beta server for everyone to test and report the bugs. Like LoL.
Epic  Post #: 9
1/29/2013 6:08:47   
TRizZzCENTRINO

quote:

There should be public beta server for everyone to test and report the bugs. Like LoL.

the thing about bugs is that they sometimes pop out of no-where, they are hard to catch, the current bug report system in the forums is already good enough, we haven't heard of harmful bugs for ages because of it, the recent reports are just the misunderstanding of the game, or unpreventable glitches when that person has a slow connection speed.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
1/29/2013 6:15:57   
Goony
Constructive!

As one of the mostly deluded testers I have a tendency to think that too many cooks spoil the broth. The game really isn't big enough at this stage to warrant a dedicated test server that can be accessed by large amounts of players.

I have been involved in using test servers on other games, but these servers have mainly been opened when the game update is very close to release and all they want to do is make sure there are no bugs that adversely effect the game and get feedback about content. In this case there are some features that are to be a surprise for the players when Omega is released. The testers are staff, moderators and AK's and have all signed a non disclosure agreement. Pre-releasing the content to the wider community would be a negative, in that context, as there is no way to control what is discussed... Just my opinion!

In all reality thou, when Omega is released you will all become testers and the mechanisms for reporting bugs and balance are in place to handle the responses from the community!

Be patient, not long now and you can all get stuck into the Omega phase of EpicDuel ;)
Epic  Post #: 11
1/29/2013 8:09:38   
T.600

^That was not directed towards you Goony, you are one of the few who know what they are doing. I only brought this up due to balance issues occurring in the past after large overhauls of the game.

Trizz: Sorry, bad mood.

< Message edited by T.600 -- 1/29/2013 8:15:05 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
1/29/2013 8:30:50   
Calogero

But then again more people with the experience = more of those builds noone would ever think about

Having a Signature is too mainstream
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 13
1/29/2013 8:41:31   
TRizZzCENTRINO

quote:

^That was not directed towards you Goony, you are one of the few who know what they are doing. I only brought this up due to balance issues occurring in the past after large overhauls of the game.

still it was harsh, they are people with feelings, even if you can do better, they do not need to hear/see it.

@T.600 having a bad mood doesn't give you the right to put others into a bad mood, even though i do not care or even took what you said seriously, i forgive you but make sure it doesn't happen again, the last thing i want to see is a flame war over the forums.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
1/29/2013 9:12:50   
Oba

Yes I think there should be some kind of PTR server that the lvl 25+ varium players could access once the "main testing" of bugs and such are done. The server would be there to make us able to say what we think of features which isnt released yet, and it might be easier to fix it there instead of when its already released in public.
It would also be a great asset to the balance, I believe, since more players would be able to try different builds we could faster and easier spot if something is wrong.

Note that on this PTR server, there would be no retraining fee, nor would the battles count toward our records. I think thats fair and square.

quote:

oh please, why would i defend the staff?

Lol, oh you...
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 15
1/29/2013 9:32:16   
Remorse

@ Goony,

Problem is when they do hand it to us, The ability to change things on demand radically drops for fear of disappointment.

At least I assume this is so because of the RADICAL length tactical mercs stayed outrageously overpowered when they were released.

I hope at least that the devs can improve the standard of fixing or acknowledging fair unbiased community requests about balance.

I was personally shocked how long it took for them to make obviously needed changes like the original tactical merc.

Plus it would be good if the devs, or testers actully put some Input into the balance discussion thread.

Often we have long threads arguing over ideas, and eventually some ideas everyone agrees with and we all get excited but it eventually gets ignored and forgotten, a response just to let you know their being considered or not for instance is all that is needed to raise morale of some of the stubborn balance striving players like myself that post often in hope of improving balance and thus the game.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 1/29/2013 9:37:30 >
Epic  Post #: 16
1/29/2013 9:55:46   
kaj

Bad idea imo.
+ the test server hosting server probably can't handle the stress.
+ no chance they would let your regular account be used to prevent dupes etc. -> Resulting in a new database filled with hundreds useless noob accounts.
The biggest issue is also lots of accute spam feedback with little to no good findings ( probably not even in decent english )
Epic  Post #: 17
1/29/2013 9:57:18   
Blaze The Aion Ender

I agree
If nothing else, we can find bugs, to speed up that process
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 18
1/29/2013 10:19:36   
Wootz

No, bad idea.
AQW Epic  Post #: 19
1/29/2013 10:54:23   
Mother1

In the words of my favorite rugrat "I don't think that is such a good idea." While there are some varium player who aren't biased to certain classes there are others who are. Too many biased opinions can and will lead to a class that may need a buff not getting the buff they need or worse getting a nerf or visa versa.
Epic  Post #: 20
1/29/2013 14:00:12   
King Helios

quote:

we haven't heard of harmful bugs for ages because of it

One of my faction members had -12 influence in the faction in Infernal War. Major, much? (Reported already)
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 21
1/29/2013 14:08:02   
Wrathchild

Makes no sense, just because they bought varium, dont mean they know more than a non-varium that plays for a long time. Also all testers / Archknights are good suficient for it, because the AE team choose they for testing, so they know what they are doing.
AQW Epic  Post #: 22
1/29/2013 14:46:36   
drekon
Retired ED Guest Artist

In my opinion, not all varium players should be allowed. ED does need more testers to speed up the process. I wouldn't mind helping out if the opportunity arose. Hopefully the staff will consider increasing their capacity in the future.

< Message edited by drekon -- 1/29/2013 14:47:07 >

Epic  Post #: 23
1/29/2013 14:50:21   
J.U.S.T.I.C.E.

IMO I think Alpha and Beta Testers should get something like this - They were there from the start!
AQW Epic  Post #: 24
1/29/2013 14:54:40   
8x

quote:

No, bad idea.

^
Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Let all varium players test.
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition