Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Let all varium players test.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Let all varium players test.
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/29/2013 14:58:20   
Wrathchild

quote:

In my opinion, not all varium players should be allowed. ED does need more testers to speed up the process. I wouldn't mind helping out if the opportunity arose. Hopefully the staff will consider increasing their capacity in the future.

True, but they need to choose wisely, cant put everyone to test, but as g00ny said, when omega releases, everyone can report bugs or stuff like that on forum
AQW Epic  Post #: 26
1/29/2013 14:59:27   
Baydraze

Totally not supported, is this a joke or something. To test things on servers you need knowledge and stuff. You can't just be a tester just because of the fact you pay money.

The staff should have more testers I think, but then they would choose the testers themself.

There are serious people and people who know a lot about this game like drekon and trizz, I think they should test some things too.
Epic  Post #: 27
1/29/2013 17:34:39   
One Winged Angel1357

Release it from 16 or so people to test to 30 or so people to test instead of releasing it to over 1K people to test.

Honestly I think the way we do it now will catch bugs faster than having only a handful of people test it because some bugs are caused by server stress which cannot be fully tested by a handful of people

I said 30 because it was a number someone else used and I just felt like piggy backing off them

< Message edited by One Winged Angel1357 -- 1/29/2013 17:35:17 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 28
1/29/2013 18:19:33   
ED Prince of Shadows

I think it is time to increase their testing team so they can be more efficient, obviously someone they trust of course.
AQW Epic  Post #: 29
1/29/2013 18:24:34   
Pranz

Why not make it so that commanders and higher can test (and perhaps warlords), instead of just varium. These people have played ED for quite a long time and would know what is best for balance. ED is decently behind on the Omega release so it couldn't hurt to have a bit more help.
AQW Epic  Post #: 30
1/29/2013 18:38:56   
truc

A big no, iv'e been here in alpha phase and you're saying since I am non varium I will not test? Don't think so.
This is also very irrelevant because how do people get sufficient permission to test the new phase without anything going on but laggy var servers.

Trust me, a big no.

Proud Leader of Cold Blooded!
Epic  Post #: 31
1/29/2013 18:56:12   
Mother1

@ pranz

That has the be the worst idea I have heard. That would me it would consist of hardcore players some of which are very biased to certain classes in the game. I think it should stay up to the staff and people they trust instead of every tom dick and harry who is a commander or higher.
Epic  Post #: 32
1/29/2013 19:04:14   
Pranz

@above

Some of which are biased to certain classes? Of course there's going to be bias, there's bias in every testing area. However you cannot assume that commanders+ have more bias than varium or any other person playing the game. Also the bias is not going to be the same for everyone, the bias would be different for everyone, therefore giving a wider variety of data for the dev's in terms of balance or just bugs. In the Public Beta Environment (for League of Legends) the players just report balance features and bugs before it is released to the public(the mod's could actually decide whether our reports are valid or not), so why not do that with ED with a more experienced audience. Clearly because of the limited staff testing is going to take a while, and the majority of people just want a working Omega as soon as possible.

< Message edited by Pranz -- 1/29/2013 19:06:56 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 33
1/29/2013 19:07:31   
Dreiko Shadrack

PTR server or bust.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 34
1/29/2013 19:20:19   
Banir

How would you tell Varium players from not? This game doesn't have any sort of membership system, so it would be difficult selecting players to test. My character has Varium, but I didn't buy any of it. Would I be able to test then? If not, then you'd have to go around checking records of Varium purchases to see who is eligible. The team would have to actually work more to get some experimental player testers.
Epic  Post #: 35
1/29/2013 19:24:50   
Mother1

@ banir

The staff has records of everyone who brought varium so they will know who did and didn't buy varium, and who are the hackers who hacked the currency.
Epic  Post #: 36
1/29/2013 19:29:15   
the final hour
Banned

not that agree with this idea at all mother1 was absolutely right i can imagine the biased players. yeesh,,

but lets say this did get implemented why cant none vars test dont they deserve a voice,
shouldnt they also be their to determine if the gap between var and none var seems a lil wide after all its their opinion that matters otherwise they just quit without them ED is nothing.

If this were to be implemented their would have to be none vars on the balance testing ,

not that i think this is a good idea
Post #: 37
1/29/2013 19:41:23   
Banir

@Mother1 I covered that in my post. I think that it would be time badly spent looking at purchase records instead of working on the game. Plus there are too many Varium players to have them all test. It's more like letting Varium players get Omega first (however buggy). Alternatively, spend more time carefully selecting Varium players worthy of testing. But that's kinda what the testing team is for anyway.
Epic  Post #: 38
1/29/2013 19:52:34   
ED Prince of Shadows

^They don't have to look through all the records, just use some coding verify things. Either way, I still do not support this, but would support any increase in the testing team if possible.
AQW Epic  Post #: 39
1/29/2013 20:05:18   
Shadronica

To enable us to use a test server they would need to do a copy of us as we are now. Then they would have to alot us a certain amount of varium to be able to buy the Omega gear in the test server only.

Sorry but it won't be happening folks.

Nothing left to discuss.

DF AQW Epic  Post #: 40
1/29/2013 21:17:28   
T.600

quote:

till it was harsh, they are people with feelings, even if you can do better, they do not need to hear/see it.

@T.600 having a bad mood doesn't give you the right to put others into a bad mood, even though i do not care or even took what you said seriously, i forgive you but make sure it doesn't happen again, the last thing i want to see is a flame war over the forums.

It doesn't mean that what I said was not true, it only meant that I worded it in a slightly exaggerated manner.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 41
1/29/2013 21:26:36   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above well what can you expect? they are doing very well so far for the small amount of testers, its all about trust, and like a few said before, paying doesn't make you know better than others, the devs will only recruit those with experience and those that's trustworthy, like G00NY said, the players are testing the features when it is released, but the testers makes sure that there isn't much bugs or errors involved with it.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 42
1/29/2013 21:40:08   
Practel
Spectating from the Sidelines

Alrighty guys...

There are several issues with having a PTR server, or a testing server in general for the public.

Firstly, nothing is set in stone. Everything is completely changeable and unfortunately with this community, everyone isn't as receptive even with the disclaimer.

Secondly, having 500+ people trying to test one thing will either cause incredible stress on the dev team and/or the server. Though you may not believe it, every battle that takes place on the dev server is documented to trace bugs. If 500 battles are going on, there is no way to accurately track bugs. Also, a majority of the people who are on will probably be fooling around with the new features rather than testing.

Thirdly, there are special routines in which testers test, and training a tester takes at least a minimum of 2-3 weeks to get somewhat set and stone. It's just not viable.

We aren't looking for testers to quickly test something and that's it, we have testers for quality assurance, balance, bugs, story, and everything else in a weekly release.

This is not up for debate.

Locked.
~Practel
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 43
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Let all varium players test.
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition