Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Omega Release, Sit back and relax.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Omega Release, Sit back and relax.
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/30/2013 9:37:55   
Ranloth
Banned

Because planned release for December has cut on a lot of features whilst this is the full release. It was mentioned in the DNs quite a few times. >_>
AQ Epic  Post #: 26
1/30/2013 9:42:04   
SouL Prisoner

^/Facepalm ???

Hello ?? im talking about the main feature "Omega weapons" and tournament, where they to cut off ???
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 27
1/30/2013 9:43:37   
theholyfighter

Well actually I believe that some of the players(including me) would have hoped they release the major parts of Omega(ie. Skill Cores, upgrade-able items..). THEN, release the minor parts(minor just means that they don't affect ED too much), for example, the Damage Bubbles, Golden Yeti Tournament, NPC Intelligence...

Releasing part by part MIGHT be preferred by SOME of the players, but oh well it's too late already.
AQW Epic  Post #: 28
1/30/2013 9:51:07   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@holy They cannot release parts of the release. It's all interconnected together so if you publish one part, you publish it all. You can't pick parts and pieces to add in-game. It's all or nothing.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 29
1/30/2013 9:54:53   
Ranloth
Banned

Yes, facepalm Soul, how nice of you if you want someone to answer you.. Since they had more time, they could focus on other features that they initially cut off. Some aren't priority. If you don't have battle engine ready then what's the point on focusing on smaller projects? <_<
AQ Epic  Post #: 30
1/30/2013 9:57:29   
ansh0

quote:

Yeah, i see a big 0%.

Yeah, try to develop a game like EpicDuel.

Put yourself in the devs shoes and you will know.

Seriously, whining isn't gonna help you.

inb4warningforflaming
Epic  Post #: 31
1/30/2013 9:58:30   
willendorf

How are those "the heart content of omega"? The main feature is the new battle system...
AQW Epic  Post #: 32
1/30/2013 10:04:37   
SouL Prisoner

quote:

battle engine ready then what's the point on focusing on smaller projects? <_<

LOL, i did not know Omega weapons and Y.T was a small feature, which was suppose to finish 1st ... The 1st feature to be finished, as they were planned long ago ??
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 33
1/30/2013 10:06:51   
theholyfighter

quote:

@holy They cannot release parts of the release. It's all interconnected together so if you publish one part, you publish it all. You can't pick parts and pieces to add in-game. It's all or nothing.

Actually I've thought of that as well, but then I thought of this: "They've cut features in December to try to release Omega on the 14th or the 20th", then I realize that "some" of the features can be cut without affecting too much gameplay.
AQW Epic  Post #: 34
1/30/2013 10:09:51   
ansh0

@holy

So you want a bug ridden incomplete release just because you're impatient?

Yeah, not happening.
Epic  Post #: 35
1/30/2013 10:16:42   
SouL Prisoner

@ansh0

quote:

Overhaul the Character Creator: 100%

Redo the Account Creation Flow: 100%

Improve 100+ Hairstyles 100%

Create 6 New Base Class Armors 100%

Recreate NPC Artificial Intelligence 100%

These features r pretty much based on looks and makes the game look even better, but they "Do not make the game incomplete" They could make or release all this after 2-3 weeks of Omega ...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 36
1/30/2013 10:23:21   
Ranloth
Banned

Complaining won't speed anything up really. It was said few times by Eventus when he posted.
AQ Epic  Post #: 37
1/30/2013 10:24:25   
ansh0

Omega is supposed to be a mega and COMPLETE release.

For all you said, omega could be nothing but the battle engine redo and the cores.

quote:

Complaining won't speed anything up really. It was said few times by Eventus when he posted.

Apparently, this is too hard to understand for some people

< Message edited by ansh0 -- 1/30/2013 10:26:12 >
Epic  Post #: 38
1/30/2013 10:30:20   
theholyfighter

quote:

@holy So you want a bug ridden incomplete release just because you're impatient? Yeah, not happening

I see that as insult. Perhaps you're the one being too sensitive and using emotional words. If you can read what Ive posted b4, it should be obvious that I have no madness or anger towards this delay. What I did is simply playing other AE games and wait for Omega while reading/posting through the forums, rather than spamming all over and smashing my keyboard.
AQW Epic  Post #: 39
1/30/2013 10:32:22   
SouL Prisoner

quote:

quote:

Apparently, this is too hard to understand for some people

I hope that was not pointed to me, coz i was "not complaining", pretty much never did... I was just wondering, that's all (Just a confusion)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 40
1/30/2013 11:08:26   
ansh0

Not pointed at anyone in particular.
Epic  Post #: 41
1/30/2013 12:26:52   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

I cant wait for the improved interfaces.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 42
1/30/2013 12:31:11   
rene196

@Chosen:Same:P. But we gotta wait ATLEAST 3 to 4 days since they haven't even started testing yet.
AQW Epic  Post #: 43
1/30/2013 15:38:32   
_i_am_a_helper_

Testing imo won't take more than 24 hours. 6 weeks of coding can all be boring within 24 hours of the release. I, in my opinion, don't care whether they release it or not, its a fun game. If you need some new games, go buy some. Don't waste your money all the time if you dislike the game. Just pointing something out, half the players of AE have never experienced a "downloaded game" before. So far, this game is made in flash, its harder to make art in flash with a few people than it is with a huge team working on a game. Be patient, or quit.

Theres hundreds of gaming sites, go find some. If you can't start with steam or origin, just go play Minecraft and wait.

Post #: 44
1/30/2013 16:51:36   
legion of souls

Yuu guys have absolutely no CLUE how much time coding takes...

First you gotta plan it

Then you type it out

then you test it out in parts, putting breakpoints where necessary,

then you organize it, putting comments.

No this is if it runs smoothly first time. which is impossible. You are sure to come across one teeny weeny error that screws it all up. SO what do you do? You go bakc and review every single letter in those 9000 lines of code just to find it.

Don't believe me?

try making a game as simple as tic tac toe using a simple language like VB and tell em if you encounter problems....

Ad this is just the coding which could have taken well over a month. No, they worked hard and i respect that

Good job team

AQW Epic  Post #: 45
1/30/2013 16:55:12   
caser5

I wonder if the "Omega rescheduled for January 2013" will be going down on Friday, with Omega not out. It seems like they're headed for a sat-sun release if they do those.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 46
1/30/2013 16:59:44   
Banir

"Coding is hard", "they're working 24/7", "just be patient". That stuff isn't gonna work anymore. I'm okay with a delay. I encourage more time for a quality release. However, the amount of time they are taking is inexcusable. It's almost February. They said December. Even with all the work they've completed, they should have planned this better. If they had said off the bat that they were taking time to release it in January, maybe people would see all the work they are planning to release. But a release delayed for almost two months is just crazy talk when we usually get a weekly update. Even previous phase changes only took a month with delays. I am unsatisfied with the arbitrary timing of these major releases. The team needs to plan them out better so that something like this doesn't happen again.

I am disappointing in the fact that some people in this forum are so willing to just take whatever is thrown at them. We were promised release dates at least 3 times that were not met. Patience only goes so far. And complaining does help in many cases. If no one complained about anything, progress would slow dramatically. Would you really be happy with the game as a whole as it stands? If no one said anything about the faults of the game or its development, the developers wouldn't do anything about it until they themselves realized something is wrong. Not complaining is encouraging bad planning for releases like this, because in the developer's minds, it would be like saying: "It's okay for us to take an extra week on this because no one cares when it's released and we have no expectations from our players". Yes, complaining at this stage won't help any, but it's still ok to complain to express your dissatisfaction with the way things are going.
Epic  Post #: 47
1/30/2013 17:45:18   
Liz Vicious

OK, re developing a game (because that's essentially what's going on here) Is quite a task. Arguably, I don't think some of the younger players on the forums understand and appreciate that. Which, in itself, is understandable. I think the Dev's have miss judged the PR on this release and that's what's causing the issues here. What's paramount in their minds I'm sure is what you think and your gaming experience. So, when they are absolutely confident, it will come out.
Post #: 48
1/30/2013 19:38:02   
Vypie

@Banir

It's true that players have the right to complain, and they should be encouraged to do so. It's important to them to know how players are feeling, so they can approach a situation better, make adjustments, etc.

However, I have mostly seen bashful, disrespectful comments, raging, ignorance, demands, threats of leaving, etc.
Now this is not complaining. I would rather say whining while stomping the floor.
If players would actually try to express their feelings in a correct way, with civil comments, now they would actually LIKE to help the best way. The best way to show something is wrong is a respectful way. Not only you sound more respectful yourself, others will take what you are saying more seriously.

Throwing rocks at them only makes it worse.
Instead of increasing the pace, it makes them feel worse, and if a person is emotionally affected (negatively), the work performance is affected, and goes down.
Your speed goes down, and also your concentration.
Encouraging them would give a better effect, shining their day for a better working mood! :D

What I want to say is... Complaining is a good thing, when done correctly. The way players are expressing themselves is the worst form of complaining and increases the problem further.
Just be respectful, even if what you are going to say is very negative. And if you prefer, encourage them with something good!
Epic  Post #: 49
1/30/2013 20:22:48   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above exactly, all i see is whining about the situation.
most don't understand that being nasty gets you nowhere.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Omega Release, Sit back and relax.
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition