Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread LXXXI - READ THE FIRST POST

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread LXXXI - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 26 of 30«<2425262728>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/5/2013 12:25:19   
friend18

quote:

@friend18
Well, i agree that the bosses are to be hard and challenging but not something like this too extremely tough that they can anihilate us in 1 turn. Lich can easily deal 18-23 damage every turn although it needs to charge. On the other hand, we need to charge as many energy as we need so then we can used our cards and hopefully we are lucky to get the correct cards. Bosses in other AE games are not so OP although they are challenging which i have no problem with. However, the bossess in OS are so OP that many players started to complaint and raged about it. Even if we used high level PL or EG, we need to be lucky to always get Iron Hide, stonewall and shield everytime we draw all because of the corruption and the high amount of damage they deal with. In my opinion, the difficulty of the boss we desperately fought in OS are like meltface mode. So, i think the bosses should be nerf. They can have the "boss deck" but the cost must increased in a high range otherwise they won't be call boss but hacker.

If you read the description of the bosses, it mentioned that you should be a high level. And in actuality, when they use up their first turn, they generally spend 5 energy on attacks. By the third turn, they'll only have 2 energy, meaning that they can only deal 5-8 damage. As long as you have a high level character and charge up to 19 energy, you should be able to defeat the boss. Ice characters are perfect for the bosses thanks to the amount of shields that they have.

And yes the bosses in AE games aren't OP. In fact, I'd say that they're VERY easy compared to other games. If you're able to beat a boss within the first few tries, that means that they're too easy. It should take several tries for a player to figure out the best strategy to defeat the boss. PLUS, you're talking about a few of the bosses that have been implemented in the game so far. IMO, Minotaur was a joke. I ended up defeating him with a large percentage of my health remaining. :/ If you're unable to defeat the boss, maybe use a master/legendary and level it up to level 20. The goal is to conserve energy and survive at the same time.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 626
2/5/2013 12:25:58   
DarkLore

Guys! Be on the lookout for My AE fanfiction in the Oversoul section of the Legends of Lore area. Its about how my OS chaacter came to be.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 627
2/5/2013 12:26:18   
megakyle777

Vagaran: Make sure to throw in a few Counterattacks in there. Will make for a nasty surprise.

Anyway, I've decided to level up my Darkon. Since I found out that DarkonDrago only costs 6 SG, and I like the look of him, I may as well since that leave me with 47 SG. Plus I recomk those two Void Refects will be NASTY when Card Customising comes out.
DF  Post #: 628
2/5/2013 12:27:09   
Dyablo

I really can't understand how Pyre Witch can defeat these OP monster. PW is an offensive character and doesn't has that much defense, so how can she withstand so much damage? Can someone please enlighten me about this?
DF AQW  Post #: 629
2/5/2013 12:28:39   
The Jop

@fighuasss
Pyre Witch can do 31 damage in one turn if you're lucky (and have full energy). Defensive characters are more dependable with bosses though, so I recommend you train an ice character to level 20. Also, bosses are much easier to defeat at lower levels if you get lucky with them charging.

< Message edited by thejop -- 2/5/2013 12:29:24 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 630
2/5/2013 12:29:00   
Vagaran

quote:

In fact, I'd say that they're VERY easy compared to other games.

I dunno, Wargoth in DF was pretty challenging and atleast beat able compared to Lich/WB/Vergil...Now I think about it, I "might" try to use a defensiv char vs them since I only used Mino against them.
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 631
2/5/2013 12:30:42   
Dyablo

About ice chars, what character is the most suitable in this situation? Xman Fiend or others?
DF AQW  Post #: 632
2/5/2013 12:31:49   
megakyle777

I'd say for those who have it that the PumpkinLord MAY work quite well at higher levels. WHile I did not win, I DID get him to low health with a good hand so if you get it to a high level that might work.
DF  Post #: 633
2/5/2013 12:33:28   
The Jop

A defensive character would be more likely to survive, like Master Barbarian or Cosoma.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 634
2/5/2013 12:49:37   
DarkLore

Guys! I just finished my OS fanfiction about my character! Here's the prolouge!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 635
2/5/2013 12:50:15   
fighuasss

Quick! Everybody +1 it!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 636
2/5/2013 13:01:29   
megakyle777

...Is it just me, or is it that even with 10 lifetime boosts it still takes a long time to get anywhere from 14 onwards? I KNOW it's halved but it does not feel like it.
DF  Post #: 637
2/5/2013 13:11:28   
HSsouleater

ive fought harder monsters in other games. IMO the bosses are fine. Its not meant for low level players *Like the DN's said*

quote:

For High Level Players Talk to Oblivion, the keeper of the Nightmare Dungeon! The Nightmare Dungeon will release High End bosses randomly for you to fight and attempt to possess. Come here in the future to challenge your skills and encounter new Monsters! The Bosses in here hit HARD!

I like that they are harder then AQW monsters where you just have 1 class that can beat anything in the game. It actually make's you think what monster to use against them.

< Message edited by HSsouleater -- 2/5/2013 13:12:52 >
Post #: 638
2/5/2013 13:12:05   
Riniti

@HS Thank you, that's exactly right.
Post #: 639
2/5/2013 13:14:41   
megakyle777

I personaly don't have a issue with Feind and Witchblade hitting hard, since they are in the Nightmare Dungeion that's stated to be hard. My issue is with LICH being hard, since he is in a normal area.
DF  Post #: 640
2/5/2013 13:15:43   
Vagaran

As long they don't end up being both 20+ dmg bosses AND high HP (like 90+) I'll be fine with bosses.
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 641
2/5/2013 13:16:21   
Devil of Nulgath

There's more annoying thing than bosses - random encounters. They just waste your time...
AQW Epic  Post #: 642
2/5/2013 13:33:30   
friend18

quote:

I like that they are harder then AQW monsters where you just have 1 class that can beat anything in the game. It actually make's you think what monster to use against them.

I definitely agree with this. Even Ultra Kathool was pretty easy, as long as you have the right group (or a group of players that actually know how to play). The first few times that I took on Ultra Kathool, there were several low level players that wanted the badge, but weren't dealing a lot of damage :(.

quote:

A defensive character would be more likely to survive, like Master Barbarian or Cosoma.

Yes. You're paying 3 energy for 5 defense, which is a lot better than relying on a heal, which costs 3 energy for 3 health. Shatter also deals 10 damage for the cost of 5 energy. The additional attack cards certainly help. So does freeze.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 643
2/5/2013 13:37:05   
DarkLore

Once again I'm telling you all I made a prolouge to my new OS fanfitcion about my character. Read it! HERE!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 644
2/5/2013 13:38:18   
megakyle777

I read it. It's okay.
DF  Post #: 645
2/5/2013 14:17:26   
DarkLore

Ch. 1 is up! Enjoy the darkness! HAHAHAHAHAHA!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 646
2/5/2013 15:41:21   
Andlu

Got a bit out of school things and could login now. I C that the boss characters are now not OP. O.o Liked the new corruption.
Also I agree with Ninjaty. With all the perma rares are just getting killed in game, and black dragon turns to get to be in the wild I would just lose the interest. If it gets to release a perma rare for each of these: earth energy water fire energy and neutral and they are indeed like revontheus/xmas fiend or like Void knight/skexis I am happy without no more perma rares.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 647
2/5/2013 15:48:27   
jayk the pikachu

Here's My Char's story and origins
Involves MQ,AQW and OS
http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=21090031&mpage=1&key=�
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 648
2/5/2013 15:57:05   
Char

Testing server is down
Post #: 649
2/5/2013 16:08:32   
Riniti

... I think I broke the server D: #BlameRiniti2013

< Message edited by Riniti -- 2/5/2013 16:13:00 >
Post #: 650
Page:   <<   < prev  24 25 [26] 27 28   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread LXXXI - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 26 of 30«<2425262728>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition