Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Varium.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Varium.
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/7/2013 11:42:39   
willendorf

Varium is useless now. People will probably stop buying varium because there is absolutely no battle benefit whatsoever. Enhancements didn't really count as a var-only benefit because there were credit options (way over priced but still). The varium weapons themselves were simply better. I think that those people who bought varium should get a +1 damage or protection on all of their weapons/ armors. This is far less than the previous benefits (var weps got better stats too) but is enough to keep the varium players buying varium (hopefully :P).

I used to buy varium like you, then I took omega to the face.

< Message edited by willendorf -- 2/7/2013 12:42:04 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
2/7/2013 11:49:24   
Ranloth
Banned

Varium is a shortcut, you have to accept it. It won't grant any power, this was stated by Devs already. What's bad in not being forced to buy Varium? Less money you gotta spend? They will earn less? Perhaps, it's not all about the money. If the change was to harm their income drastically, it wouldn't go ahead, would it?
AQ Epic  Post #: 2
2/7/2013 11:52:10   
willendorf

^ a small benefit, nort like the previous phases, but a small benefit none the less.
AQW Epic  Post #: 3
2/7/2013 11:53:47   
Ranloth
Banned

Small benefit won't happen either way. Varium is a shortcut if you don't feel like farming for Credits all the time. Varium will have its luxuries such as promos, rare cores (on promos and maybe outside of them), name change, etc.
AQ Epic  Post #: 4
2/7/2013 11:55:22   
Raffillia

While I do enjoy the solemn 'equality' Omega gave everyone, the use of varium has been decreased due to factors like:

1) No more advantage.
2) Upgrading is cheaper than before.
3) Past varium-user-only weapons/armors are now on-par with non-varium weapons. (Synonymous to Factor 1, really)
4) Any armor/weapon can now be bought by credits, therefore strictly limiting varium as a shortcut (A rather expensive, and inefficient shortcut)

Now, as a f2per, I'm somewhat concerned with how is the ED team going to get funding for further developments if a source suddenly thins out.
So, uh, give them something to benefit from. A sales pitch to maintain/increase the 'flow'.
Post #: 5
2/7/2013 12:20:23   
willendorf

Ok, I get it people don't like varium having an advantage, but after I upgrade my yetis? No more var for me. If varium won't have any direct battle benefit then there should be more vanity items that are varium only. varium should also be way cheaper if we aren't getting any direct battle benefits from it.
AQW Epic  Post #: 6
2/7/2013 12:22:37   
Ranloth
Banned

Or you can buy less instead, since it'll last you for a long time anyway. I'm being serious.
AQ Epic  Post #: 7
2/7/2013 13:50:54   
the final hour
Banned

buy less ? i aint buying any if it stays the way it is now.
Post #: 8
2/7/2013 14:28:12   
Vegafire

The only thing i would personally use varium for now that all my gear is upgraded would be retraining items and myself as credits are harder to get, as you cannot do this with varium i see no use for it as i have plenty of battle tokens, i am maxed and well i keep a nice ammount of credits just incase...

AQW Epic  Post #: 9
2/7/2013 15:15:22   
willendorf

I don't see anyone (myself included) buying varium in the future with it being the way it is now. Epicduel will make way less cash and bye bye. Then no one will be happy.
AQW Epic  Post #: 10
2/7/2013 15:16:35   
Ranloth
Banned

If that was to happen, Omega wouldn't have been done in such way. It's quite a common sense. And, again, it proves that not everything is about the money.
AQ Epic  Post #: 11
2/7/2013 17:51:41   
willendorf

^ there is essentially NO point in buying varium at all. So no one will do it. Simple.
AQW Epic  Post #: 12
2/7/2013 18:27:00   
Mother1

@ willendorf

What about people who want something right away and don't have the time to get it? Those kind of people will still buy varium. Also those who want rating and stats in game will do so as well. Look at warkills did they add anything truly game breaking to game play? No they didn't yet people spends 100's or 1000's of dollars to get on top of the war kill LB at the time, and played a good amount of money to get the warlord cheevo.

Epic  Post #: 13
2/7/2013 18:45:02   
willendorf

^ There isn't anything like warkills now.
AQW Epic  Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Varium.
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition