Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Evo-Revolution of Epicduel

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Evo-Revolution of Epicduel
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/8/2013 12:49:33   
Votre avoir piraté
Banned

Well, I believe there must be many players he from Beta... Beta was basically the phase where builds were available with no-limit, basically the "open" version of Omega. Gamma though was a bit of a change - new robots and +5 Focus builds. Restricting players a little more... Then Delta. Delta was a horrific event - str abusers all the way (pretty much), no choice really but to counter or opposing build strategies. Now.. [Omega] ([] means in development), this phase is basically a restricted version of Beta - but with a little bit of balance here and there and new classes and weapons/ Robots.

What do you think has/ will happen(ed) to the Omega phase? and evolution of ED?

What do you think WILL happen? And wont?

Please Discuss this :)
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
2/8/2013 12:51:00   
sleddyboy3

Omega is terrible. All I see are strength builds. When I lose, some non paying player calls me a noob, when he abuses strength to the max.
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 2
2/8/2013 12:51:24   
Drianx

I believe devs wil implement their own vision of balance changes, which will only shift the unbalance towards a different class/build. This has always happened, and I think it is because the balance team is not able to provide accurate feedback.
AQW Epic  Post #: 3
2/8/2013 13:04:42   
  Exploding Penguin

I dislike how people are blaming omega, rather than the players. Majority of the players lack insight and creativity, and this is the cause for all the strength builds. I'm sure there are other builds other than strength out there that work just as well, but people are simply too lazy to think of those builds. Unfortunately, this has been happening through pretty much all phases of ED except for beta and possibly alpha. It's just been accentuated in Omega because fights are faster, so the strength builds are seemingly more effective. I do feel that there should be no restrictions on how much you can invest in stat mods per weapon, because this severely limits many build types.
Epic  Post #: 4
2/8/2013 14:12:18   
nico0las

Well, Omega has HUGE potential. It scrapped a large number of factors that ruined and degraded gameplay in Delta. We are, however, as Omega is more "open" to builds,
this meaning that there are few restrictions as far as build making goes, going to be, and are running into players who are abusing stats more and more. At this point, there is absolutely no
originality in the vast majority of the demographic of 34s and 35s. We are presented with no gap between the players who payed and those who did not, because even though we have FAR more experience
than the F2P players (I'm speaking as a founder here), we are all forced to use the same stats and builds because NOTHING ELSE WORKS.

Two problems present themselves: One, the abuse of stats. This needs to be fixed. As one stat goes up, there should be a penalty. It's not justified that a player can have 120 strength and 100+ health, and win in two turns.
Secondly, there is the problem of the gap. Us, especially the founders, who have spend hundreds of hard earned dollars on this game, no longer see a purpose to have payed this. We are now subjected to play at the same level
as non-paying players despite the fact that we have FAR more experience and have invested a LOT of money into this. Is this justified? No. We, the paying part of the population, carry the F2P players on our shoulders, so to speak.

Again, Omega has HUGE potential. This could be the best phase ever. It's starting to look like that, as stronger builds are starting to emerge (the support build I use for example). The devs need to tread lightly though, and be very careful
with how they advance. They need to thoroughly test every change they make to ensure that the updates work, ESPECIALLY in terms of balance.

@Below :D

@Veneeria Although you are correct in that strength builds have always existed, there has never been such a large quantity of players to use the exact same build since, as you mentioned, the Diamond Blade + Bloodlust builds back before founding.

< Message edited by nico0las -- 2/9/2013 4:45:23 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
2/8/2013 14:23:16   
Votre avoir piraté
Banned

@ above

I completely agree with what you are saying :)
AQW Epic  Post #: 6
2/8/2013 19:35:08   
Average

quote:

As one stat goes up, there should be a penalty.

I suggested this a while back, and many people disagreed. Now look where we are :P

But, I do agree with this idea.
Post #: 7
2/8/2013 19:45:07   
veneeria

Hate it to break to you, but strength builds were already a problem way before delta or omega. Actuality, the first Op build ever existed was the Bounty hunters infamous diamond blades+blood lust str build.
Omega is just starting, they might apply some balance changes soon enough and i agree, it does have potential.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
2/9/2013 17:55:41   
DeathiZClarity
Banned

quote:

I believe devs wil implement their own vision of balance changes, which will only shift the unbalance towards a different class/build. This has always happened, and I think it is because the balance team is not able to provide accurate feedback.

This is not becuase the balance team doesnt provide accurate feedback, they do this to make more money.
When the OP class changes, many people will also switch to that class (the majority use vars to do so).
Have you ever seen them just switch from an OP build of one class to another OP build with the same class? ;P
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Evo-Revolution of Epicduel
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition