Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Game is Laggy!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Game is Laggy!
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/11/2013 10:25:18   
DestruRaGe

Dear staff! Game got very laggy lately! Is a fix coming soon? I done research and it happens to everyone!
What you think guys, is game laggy?
Epic  Post #: 1
2/11/2013 10:29:52   
IsaiahtheMage

Extremely laggy, I fully agree.
AQW Epic  Post #: 2
2/11/2013 10:43:21   
comicalbike

yes the worse it has ever been started with omega
Epic  Post #: 3
2/11/2013 10:45:45   
theholyfighter

Lags for me as well. There are some random kicks too when lag occurres.
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
2/11/2013 10:47:09   
Stabilis

Frame skipping when I try to click a person's character bubble in battle, it skipped my turn a few times now (because I could not exit their info page fast enough).
AQ Epic  Post #: 5
2/11/2013 10:47:52   
Ranloth
Banned

Devs are aware of it. Many items were improved upon (graphically) as well as new code pretty much everywhere so they were expecting it before the release. Until the fix, try to play on lowest settings possible and perhaps play on less populated server to reduce the lag.
AQ Epic  Post #: 6
2/11/2013 11:01:11   
Assassin01

For me it's alot less laggy on Exile,but on Epic there's alot of lag.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
2/11/2013 11:16:12   
Jack Nitrous

Since Omega,the game always lag for me mostly in battle and world 7. but it dosent lag as much in exile as it does in epic
Epic  Post #: 8
2/11/2013 13:26:13   
  Charfade

hmmm if you are experiencing an increase in lag with Omega, please send a report to the Bugs forum with any details you can provide were the lag is happening for you. http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tt.asp?forumid=332 That way we can figure out where exactly the hang ups are happening.

Also some things you can try to help lower your lag is:

- lower the graphics setting in the settings panel
- clear cashe
- log on to a less populated server
- try using different browsers to see if there is a performance increase
- Close all tabs out and just keep EpicDuel running
- Check to see if any anti virus software is running any scans in the background
- Check to see if there are any heavy performance programs are running in the background.
- Restart your computer if it hasn't been done in awhile.
- Check your internet connection. If your using wireless, try going closer to your router... or better yet, see if you can try using a wired connection.

Not to say any of these will solve your lag issues, but its good to run though them and just see if there is anything you can do on your end to help increase the games performance.

Lag is one of those things that is really hard for us to nail down because its really hard to duplicate on our end. The more technical information players can provide the better chance we can fix the problem. Were looking most at battle lag and hang ups more then just general graphic lag.

Also note: If there are several players on a screen, lag is evadable. Even for us having more then 10 players on one screen is taxing on the server.

< Message edited by Charfade -- 2/11/2013 13:30:50 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 9
2/11/2013 14:11:08   
Practel
Spectating from the Sidelines

To add on to Charfades post, if you have an old computer the game isn't going to run as smoothly as a sole-purpose gaming computer built in 2012. For instance, my tower runs EpicDuel with 0 lag and the best animations/high detail, my laptop however runs ED with some lag, needs low settings, some fast animations, etc...

So if you have an old computer, that might be why!
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
2/11/2013 14:39:31   
DeathiZClarity
Banned

^ True, whats funny is though, my old computer actually runs epicduel faster than my new one. I think its becuase my old one has NO downloads, becuase I dont allow my brother to download his games on it. However, the new one has many many dowloads.
Post #: 11
2/11/2013 16:49:04   
VIX

ED is lagging so badly . even on low quality. it's so laggy , its unplayable un-enjoyable. please fix this game omega meant to be enjoyable but i don't see something good in it until now . unbalanced game = Broken game + laggy = no point of playing it. please guys work on fixing omega.

Omega is awesome but it's not balanced and this makes it soo bad really so bad.

< Message edited by VIX -- 2/11/2013 16:50:30 >
Epic  Post #: 12
2/11/2013 16:58:01   
Stabilis

For servers like these, might I suggest less players per server and open another closed server?
AQ Epic  Post #: 13
2/11/2013 17:01:42   
King Helios

Yes ^

Why don't we cap servers at about 800 people, and keep 3 servers open? 2400 people; we rarely get that high.
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
2/11/2013 17:01:59   
Calogero

The Lag is seriously messing with my cores...

Used the Energy gun damage special... Got Lagged
Turn got skipped, next turn, my Energy Gun damage
Core was in ' Already Used 'mode while my normal gun
was clickable...

Having a Signature is too mainstream
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 15
2/11/2013 17:10:34   
LVXYZ

Well hopefully it'll get fixed soon.
Post #: 16
2/11/2013 17:22:33   
Fortitudo

I have a fast computer and the game still lags. This is to be expected though, because it's flash and poorly optimized. My hex core @ 3.3 GHz sees up to 17% usage just from the flash applet.
Epic  Post #: 17
2/11/2013 17:48:33   
  RabbleFroth

We found and fixed a database problem that we believe was causing the lag. Does the issue seem to be resolved now?
Post #: 18
2/11/2013 17:50:16   
Calogero

yes, a lot less lag now

While you are at fixing things, can you get a fix for the Reflex Boost - Smoke screen Asap...

Kinda makes it impossible for me as a BM to even survive a Massacre
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 19
2/11/2013 17:51:40   
Titan

We just pushed a fix live to fix a super-slow database procedure. You should notice a major improvement in server response time to your requests. Keep us posted on performance.

Edit: He's too quick that Rabble.

< Message edited by Lycus -- 2/11/2013 18:46:56 >
Epic  Post #: 20
2/11/2013 17:56:16   
the final hour
Banned

titan double posting *taps foot*

on topic i dnt play as much now with all the issues with omega not to mention u went abit too far with the varium nerf . i was all for it but not to the extent you went . and the balance or lack of since omega . so ill test the lag next time im on .

< Message edited by the final hour -- 2/11/2013 18:00:11 >
Post #: 21
2/11/2013 17:59:14   
  Charfade

Guess will just have to ban him.
MQ Epic  Post #: 22
2/11/2013 18:05:33   
the final hour
Banned

naw dont ban him for that

ban all that were involved in creating the lack of balance . making varium completely worthless and making the game far too much based on luck and first turn .

or just sort it all out give varium some worth fix balance annihilate the luck factor .

because epic duel was the only online game i played till 3 days ago you lost my loyality.and my willingness to open my wallet for you guys

i'd like to add the new game isnt AE i feel to betrayed tbh and many others feel the same ingame its kinda sad :/
all im saying

< Message edited by the final hour -- 2/11/2013 18:16:57 >
Post #: 23
2/11/2013 18:21:46   
DestruRaGe

Now its smooth, good job!
Epic  Post #: 24
2/11/2013 18:38:25   
  RabbleFroth

Sounds like this particular issue has been cleared up.

Going to lock it up since it's beginning to go far off-topic. Feel free to express your opinions in the place that it belongs, but not in a thread about latency concerns.

Thanks for all that chimed in on this.
Post #: 25
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Game is Laggy!
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition