Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: skills some they will not nerf

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: skills some they will not nerf
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/12/2013 14:27:10   
ambien

l will leave it alone then have them make berzerker 4 round cool down and unblockable then .

and give berzerker the same damage stats as massacre then.

then all the people who use massacre will say berzerker is to strong. then maybe u will see what l am saying.

always the syfy

< Message edited by ambien -- 2/12/2013 14:31:10 >
Post #: 26
2/12/2013 14:30:01   
DeathiZClarity
Banned

quote:

Massacre alone and allow it to the work the same way the other Ultimates do

Other than unblockable/undeflectable, massacre works nothing like the othe surper skills, massacre is a damage-skill, the other 2 are mainly used to get hp back, while taking a fair amount of damage, at the same time.
Post #: 27
2/12/2013 14:31:44   
Ranloth
Banned

Massacre has damage boost for the lack of effects that SC/SS have. That's its "effect", just so we clarify on that one. By "work the same way", I meant in terms of being unblockable and undeflectable.

Also Zerker blockable is even worse. No matter what the cooldown is, it'll be even more abuseable than now because you cannot block it unlike now, where luck may still aid you. e.e
AQ Epic  Post #: 28
2/12/2013 14:36:07   
ambien

trans l dnt know if u use a bh or ch l dont know. but it sounds like you dont like berzerker have a 4 round cool down and unblockable.

why is that sound alot like massacre now doesnt it .

always the syfy
Post #: 29
2/12/2013 14:40:41   
ansh0

Massacre works off weapon damage, not strength.
Epic  Post #: 30
2/12/2013 14:43:39   
DeathiZClarity
Banned

@syfy
Exactly!

How about we lower massacre's damage (not a % of primary damage) and give it the rage taker? (bloodlust will also give back hp). I think this would balance it.
Post #: 31
2/12/2013 14:45:42   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@ambien Perhaps because a 3 turn warmup does not prevent Mercs from abusing an unblockable Berzerker with rage, especially if you increase the damage of it to be like Massacre. Also because Mercs already have an Ultimate skill.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 32
2/12/2013 14:52:55   
ambien

mallet btw berzerker is blockable where do see unblockable at.

always the syfy
Post #: 33
2/12/2013 14:53:51   
Vypie

@ambien
I don't think anyone here is mad at you. Disagreeing does not mean any harm. :)

Every class has offensive skills that can or cannot be blocked:
Blue means Blockable

Tech Mage
Plasma Bolt
Bludgeon
Overload
Malfunction
Plasma rain
Assimilation
Super Charge

Blood Mage
Fireball
Plasma cannon
Plasma rain
Bludgeon
Intimidate
Overload
Super Charge

Bounty hunter
Cheap Shot
Smoke Screen
EMP grenade
Multi-shot
Stun grenade
Massacre
Venom claws

Cyber hunter
Cheap shot
Emp grenade
Multi-shot
Malfunction
Venom Strike
Plasma Grenade
Massacre

Mercenary
Double Strike
Intimidate
Bunker Buster
Artillery strike
Berzerker
Maul
Surgical Strike
Atom smasher

Tactical mercenary
Double strike
Stun Grenade
Frenzy
Artillery strike
Surgical strike
Atom smasher
Toxic grenade

If you notice, Mercenaries have the most number of blockable skills, compared to other classes. However, they can still opt to attack with unblockable, fully offensive skills (Bunker buster, a powerful attack).
Tech mages, Blood mages and Tactical mercenaries have that possibility too.
Bounty hunters, Cyber hunters do not have unblockable moves that are full-offensive, except for massacre (and I am also excluding multi-attacks, since everyone has them)

If you were to make massacre blockable, they would have NO Skills to deal strong, single hitting, predictable damage.

< Message edited by Vypie -- 2/12/2013 14:54:30 >
Epic  Post #: 34
2/12/2013 14:57:49   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@ambien
quote:

trans l dnt know if u use a bh or ch l dont know. but it sounds like you dont like berzerker have a 4 round cool down and unblockable.

why is that sound alot like massacre now doesnt it .

always the syfy

I believe you said to make it unblockable and increase the warm up. In an earlier post you also wanted to buff the damage it does as well. The problem is that it would be cheaper than Massacre, can rage and is accessible at level 5 rather than 10.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 35
2/12/2013 15:04:30   
ambien

all l am trying say it just seems unfair that 2 classes have a unblockable attack that deals massive damage in one shot. vs other attacks that u can prepair for not like massacre . if u use def matix or engy sheild or technician seems like it has hardly has an effect on massacre.

always the syfy
Post #: 36
2/12/2013 15:12:19   
DeathiZClarity
Banned

^ dont worry syfy, i just got word from rabble that all damage % skills will be nerfed very soon.

Including the following:

Double strike

Berserker

Bludgeon

cheapshot (i think)

massacre
Post #: 37
2/12/2013 15:16:45   
ambien

ty DeathiZClarity hope it is true.

ty u all for your imput.

always the syfy and yes this is the syfy who plays on ED
Post #: 38
2/12/2013 15:28:41   
xxmirxx

i agree with you massacre OP skill and i think should have blocks.
AQ Epic  Post #: 39
2/12/2013 15:52:09   
DeathiZClarity
Banned

quote:

always the syfy and yes this is the syfy who plays on ED

I thought so, you might abuse technology, but you abuse it with strategy, I've only won by you once.
Post #: 40
2/12/2013 16:09:30   
ReinVI

I have to agree with the fact blocking is WAY OP right now.. especially in the hands of hunters high dex, ( or even just 45 dex ) + SA + block chance armor core + smoke for bh = huge block chance that is totally unbalanced compared to everybody else who doesn't have any way to increase there block chance ( except for BM with Reflex.. and face it you would have to sacrifice stats to make reflx worth anything due to tit scaling with support. so hunters with there insane block chances combined with a highly damaging unblockable it's absolutely uncalled for.. if you notice it does a % damage compared to the other ultimates which do a base xx-xx damage so those can be reduced damage wise way easier than massacre can be... ( yes most of the problem is str abuse but still )
Epic  Post #: 41
2/12/2013 17:27:33   
ED Prince of Shadows

Ok guys,

1. Massacre must act like the other ultimates, to use mass means you have an entire build focused on it, to have your one major skill blocked is absurd.
2. Massacre acts like all other ultimates, look at Vypie's post if you really think that it is one of the few unblockables.
3. Venom strike one the most underused skills ever, it gives 33 damage at max with a high energy cost, easily survivable. This can't be abused with strength due to the tech requirement as well.
4. Shields can make massacre do about 30 or 40 ish damage, while that is devastating it is justified due to the high energy cost.

Perhaps a simple solution is to make massacre a fixed energy damage attack like the other ultimates?
AQW Epic  Post #: 42
2/12/2013 17:45:04   
DeathiZClarity
Banned

quote:

while that is devastating it is justified due to the high energy cost.

I'm not saying it needs to change, but that high energy cost, is now able to use without upgrading your stats in energy.
Post #: 43
2/12/2013 17:47:43   
ED Prince of Shadows

That would still be the center point of a person's build, let's not forget that it was nerfed 36% already!
AQW Epic  Post #: 44
2/12/2013 17:51:45   
isaiahfish90

It was nerfed 36% because people could hit over 140 damage with it for a time. I remember when fights ended if you saw a massacre build. There was no way to beat them as they just had massive dex and blocked everything coming for them then killed u in one shot.
Post #: 45
2/12/2013 19:11:52   
uria9

It's not the class that is op, it is the build that is the op one, i am a bh but i refuse to use strength.
Post #: 46
2/12/2013 19:12:24   
Sir Xander

I am sorry, but I think I lost a few IQ points reading your argument ambien. Massacre is an Ultimate Skill Every class has one. The choice to use it however is entirely up to them. Also, it is at the end of the perk tree, Double strike and Berserker are both near the top of the skill tree. If these were made unblockable it would entirely throw the balance which already is teetering on the edge. The only reason you think Massacre is Op is that a lot of Bounty Hunters use it. If a lot of mercenaries or Tech mages used their Ultimate they would be considered Op as well.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 47
2/12/2013 19:40:07   
ValkyrieKnight

@ Sir Xander

No, people don't consider Super Charge and Surgical OP'd because they both use technology, not strength. Massacre being strength based means in order to buff up the damage you need more strength, and if you have more strength you have high damage output throughout the entire match, not just when you happen to use your energy based attacks only being made stronger when you debuff before the move. Mercenary has 2 tech based attacks being Surgical and Bunker as well as Mages Super Charge and Plasma rain etc. However they need energy to use the skills and without it rendered weak. Why tech mage is made stronger with a caster build than mercenary is that tech mage can recover from a debuff being Matrix an Technician, mercenaries have to rely on rusted robot which still leaves them with - stat. Their still both really good moves but no where near the caliper of Massacre.
AQW Epic  Post #: 48
2/12/2013 20:03:44   
Mother1

Ok lets look at each ultimate what is the difference between them?

1 Massacre works with strength and the others work with tech
2 the tech powers ones have effect added to them while massacre is pure damage
3 The tech ultimate's work on a fixed scale while massacre works off of primary weapon damage + the percent level it is powered up minus defense or resist (Depending on the type of primary you have.

The problem I see with Massacre and all strength moves other then fireball is that they do X% more damage instead of them being on a fixed scale according to how much strength is used. It is the same with every move in the game that works with strength other then fireball.

If you noticed dex, tech, and support moves do a fixed range of damage based on how much of that stat you put into it. Strength however works with the primary damage + x% of that damage depending on the level - defenses. So of course Massacre would more deadly then supercharge and surgical strike.

However if they put all strength moves on a fixed scale like they do with dex, tech, and support moves this would power not only massacre down, but every other strength move that is abused by strength builds.
Epic  Post #: 49
2/12/2013 21:10:03   
ambien

wow u ppl dont get it at all. l said why is massacre a unblockable skill, that deals lots of damage, again read WHY IS MASSACRE A UNBLOCKABLE SKILL that deals with a phy or engy attack damage
cannot be blocked , why is that.

why is massacre attack not able to be blocked that is the question. l dnt care about cool down or what stat gives it more damage...... why cannot it be blocked........ other skills that you have to hit the other player with//// the prime weapon//// can be blocked. the key word is hit to strike the player to cause damage,

always the syfy

< Message edited by ambien -- 2/12/2013 21:28:44 >
Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: skills some they will not nerf
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition