Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread LXXXV - READ THE FIRST POST

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread LXXXV - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 9 of 30«<7891011>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/13/2013 23:37:50   
aliesterus

I think that a Lightning + Shadow deck would be the most devestating deck in the game... I'm definitely going to go for something like that ^_^
AQW  Post #: 201
2/13/2013 23:38:08   
linklink0091

@lemonus that isnt true and yet true :3 see iv had members of my guild screenie cosoma in more loactions then just the north woods that the often incorrect officle wiki claims i dont trust that wiki anymore due to how under updated it is on quiet a few ice characters it still claims to have 2 freezes not to mention the spell cards of the ice still do those old effects before they was changed...i can continue to point out flaws in each of the wikis, my guild has proven time and again correct loactions of monsters and thier decks

if you dont belive me i can share our site url :P but i think they wont let me post my site's url .-.

@Desmodus tinepic dosent load with my dial up so i cant see that pic

< Message edited by linklink0091 -- 2/13/2013 23:42:16 >

AQW  Post #: 202
2/13/2013 23:44:04   
Lemonus

@link What I said is STILL true :3
DF AQW  Post #: 203
2/13/2013 23:49:06   
linklink0091

non the less i dont trust the wiki with oversoul info that much, i rather take the word and evadince my clan provides and like i said your all welcome to it, after all we are open :D
AQW  Post #: 204
2/13/2013 23:49:46   
Axel459
The Void Calls

I should always stick to my instincts and never attack a void reflection, got killed by the first DarkonDrago I ever encountered and it only had 1hp left
~Axel
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 205
2/13/2013 23:50:50   
aliesterus

@Link: I think... Both the official and non-official both help provide all the information needed for Oversoul, it's most certainly faster than the AQW Wiki. Both wiki's provide information that the other doesn't as well, so I find it would be wise to trust the Wiki's. However if there is information NOT on the wiki's, it's best to trust the forums. That's my personal experience.
AQW  Post #: 206
2/13/2013 23:52:19   
Beck

Since I know for a fact Riniti and Victoria from the Forums update the Wiki and Wikidot, the info there should be pretty accurate. If you see an error, tell those two and they'll fix it.

But yeah, the forums offer the fastest info.

@Axel
Dang! That's just unfortunate, man.

< Message edited by Lord Beck -- 2/13/2013 23:55:18 >
AQW  Post #: 207
2/13/2013 23:55:18   
linklink0091

well i have had far better luck hunting with my clan's maps and charts then i do with the wikis...i tend (rarely) look on the wikis for deck info before i catch somen and then compare it in game to see wither it is correct or not

@beck if that is the case i can see if my guild can set up a meeting with those two and point out the errors we find

< Message edited by linklink0091 -- 2/13/2013 23:58:22 >
AQW  Post #: 208
2/14/2013 0:00:01   
Lemonus

@Axel Use something with DoTs, like Ice chars with Frostbite/Shatter and Ice Walls, or Poison Drake, or use Neutrals to Iron Hide block the counters.
DF AQW  Post #: 209
2/14/2013 0:04:29   
Axel459
The Void Calls

@Lemon I usually stick to DoTs, but this time I decided to attack, never again shall I do it
~Axel
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 210
2/14/2013 0:09:08   
aliesterus

@Beck: You seemed to have forgotten Basicball, but yeah.

I have an idea for future dungeons, maybe have some sort of lock system before getting to the bosses. Each lock you go through is a saving point, sort of like Mario or The Legend of Zelda. It's a commonly used technique in video games which have dungeons such as the ones that OS have. You'll have to find the correct room to find a key(it'll solve the issue of random rooms that have no point to them), and the final lock would be at the boss(though there is no saving point form there), which has some sort of puzzle lock. Hope they don't do a Rubix Cube though, very few people would solve it.
I would though :P
AE have been lacking their famous puzzle doors, and it seems right up Nulgath's alley so... I think it would be a great addition to Oversoul.(puzzles will be randomized each time, with over 1000 that show up, this way the wiki doesn't give away TOO much)
This way it would solve the problem of a Boss being too easy to defeat(of course a boss should be hard to defeat, but not as hard as the ones we have NOW).
AQW  Post #: 211
2/14/2013 0:14:06   
linklink0091

that is miltonius for you, maken things really hard ^o^ heh always loved that about his work even in aqw walking through tercess for the first time before the wiki or youtube maped it out i figered out the zone in about 25 mins :D but it was amoung the hardest thigns iv seen in most of AE's things which made me a forever fan of him :P
AQW  Post #: 212
2/14/2013 0:18:28   
aliesterus

@Link: But this way at least killing the boss itself wouldn't be as impossible as they are now... It's just harder to get to them, making it so that there aren't as many people with the boss characters, except for the ones who are really dedicated.
AQW  Post #: 213
2/14/2013 0:27:48   
linklink0091

if that would be the case alies, then you would need to make the dugnen or map really long and many annoying little things that would cause many players to rage quit the zone, and on top of that make the boss hard enough that it CAN kill you at least 60% of the time with a vetren/master rank character (still sounds weaker then what the current lich throws out )
AQW  Post #: 214
2/14/2013 0:35:31   
aliesterus

@Link: Actually, it can be just as long as they are now, just simply set up a road blocker every one third of the map that requires a key, at that point trying to find the pathway itself is the hard part, then the key itself. Though the boss at 60% actually sounds reasonable. Unlike the Lich Witchblade and Vergil.
AQW  Post #: 215
2/14/2013 0:40:14   
linklink0091

basicly killing for a key (temp item) with a drop rate of what...5 %? or higher depending how many doors thier are :o sounds like a wonderful idea...i would go for it heck even add hidden room keys for those "rare/hard to find monsters"
AQW  Post #: 216
2/14/2013 0:46:37   
Vagaran

1000 combos is way to much, sounds like ALOT to code. Remember the coders are humans and works on other games aswell.
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 217
2/14/2013 0:54:22   
BJEBLE

I think 60 is fine, and I like the new dungeon idea. They should do more DF dungeon types, because they've only done one of those and three of the other kind.Maybe a zard dungeon next.
DF  Post #: 218
2/14/2013 0:55:28   
Tally

Maybe, if we're really lucky...they'll make a new location/dungeon and throw some Cosomas in there with an encounter rate of more than 1%.
DF MQ  Post #: 219
2/14/2013 0:56:00   
linklink0091

@vagaran no they arent, they are AI robots programmed to program other things for our amusement
AQW  Post #: 220
2/14/2013 0:57:19   
aliesterus

I was actually thinking about key hunt, but 5% is a bit low... Maybe 20% to find a key, kill, and get as a temporary artifact to unlock doors.

Of course everything resets once you log out.

@Vagaran: True... How about 100? XD What's a reasonable number here? The wiki is just WAY too lenient, not to mention that it's too hard to resist taking a peek at where things are located. I just feel that this needs to be rectified.

EDIT: @Link: I think that Church would hate you for saying that :P

@Tally: No, make a dragon related dungeon, and throw in poison drakes that are something like mini bosses, in the same area, but with a 20% encounter rate, while the boss itself is an 80% encounter rate. This will make me very happy, because there'll be DRAGONS!!!

Dragons... *twitches*

< Message edited by aliesterus -- 2/14/2013 1:06:03 >

*A beam of light falls from the sky and explodes in a cloud of shadows, revealing a great Overdragon roaring to the skies*
-Red vs Blue Season 12 Has Started
-RWBY will be Premiering on July 4-6, 2014
AQW  Post #: 221
2/14/2013 1:09:55   
linklink0091

@ alies, psssh they would hate me anyway due to my "likes", i say bring it on Church *puts up his dukes and dances around like a boxer*

as for the key drop rate like i said it depends how many gates thier are or what the gate holds...
AQW  Post #: 222
2/14/2013 1:21:09   
Vagaran

5% drop? Do you even now HOW boring a battle is right now?
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 223
2/14/2013 1:21:51   
Megadragonknight

Hi guys. Miss me? Its been a while since i last post something but now i am here again.
Post #: 224
2/14/2013 1:25:31   
Beck

Hi Megaknight! Bye Megaknight!
Though it may be a good morning to you, it is a good night for me. :)
See you in the game at some point soon.
AQW  Post #: 225
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread LXXXV - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 9 of 30«<7891011>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition