Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=HS= Become a Bug Hunter

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [HeroSmash] >> HeroSmash General Discussion >> =HS= Become a Bug Hunter
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/1/2013 18:02:41   
Loremaster Maya

The BugMaster General Needs YOU!

OUR MISSION: To confirm every bug, mistake, glitch, hack, typo, and error in HeroSmash that other players report at www.Artix.com/Bugs! NOTE: We are Bug Hunters... not player support! We do not fix bugs other players' characters, accounts, or upgrades.

"The bigger the bug, the more satisfying the squish!"

If the line up there makes your fingers itch to grab a mallet and squash something, then keep reading, because you're just what Stratos is looking for! Read on for more details:

Please post the following here:

1. A link to your HS character page
2. The languages you speak/write
3. A couple sentences about how long you've played HeroSmash, and why you want to help squish bugs.

Here are Stratos' requirements for joining the Bug Hunter crew:

1. You need to have Skype installed. This will let him contact you directly about any of the bugs you've encountered.

2. You must be age 13 or older to join the crew, but 18+ is preferred (as we can give you more responsibilities once you've gained experience)

3. Help when you can. We don't have set times for our Bug Hunters to be available, but we would like you to be available to help regularly.

4. Must be able to follow directions... and ask questions! Stratos has a system set up, but if there's something you don't understand, ASK! He wants to help you squish the bugs as much as you want to squish them!

5. Good critical thinking skills are a plus. (Being able to see a problem and narrow down the source or reason can speed the fixing process up.)

Note: please don't post your age, email address, or Skype account on the forum. We don't need to know that in this thread!

Stratos will contact you directly if you look like a good fit for this task. It won't always (or even often) be fun. You'll read reports, play HeroSmash until it breaks, then go do paperwork. But you WILL be helping the HS dev team improve the game!

Reading reports and duplicating bugs over and over again not for you? That's OK! But DO we need EVERYONE's help reporting the bugs! We can't fix HeroSmash unless we know there are bugs... and that's where YOU come in!

< Message edited by Loremaster Maya -- 5/1/2013 20:48:36 >
Post #: 1
5/1/2013 20:12:20   
stevperson

The link I write and speak English and I know a little spanish. Ive been playing since Alpha Testing. Ive always had fun playing this game. I really want to try to squish some bugs. It will be some fun!

My character page:
http://www.aq.com/character.asp?id=caddeus
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
5/1/2013 20:31:43   
Dvloki

Your questions/statements:
1. You need to have Skype installed. This will let him contact you directly about any of the bugs you've encountered.
2. You must be age 13 or older to join the crew, but 18+ is preferred (as we can give you more responsibilities once you've gained experience)
3. Help when you can. We don't have set times for our Bug Hunters to be available, but we would like you to be available to help regularly.
4. Must be able to follow directions... and ask questions! Stratos has a system set up, but if there's something you don't understand, ASK! He wants to help you squish the bugs as much as you want to squish them!
5. Good critical thinking skills are a plus. (Being able to see a problem and narrow down the source or reason can speed the fixing process up.)
6. A link to your HS character page
7. The languages you speak/write
8. A couple sentences about how long you've player HeroSmash, and why you want to help squish bugs.

Answers:
1. I don't currently have Skype installed onto my computer, plus I haven't fooled around with my microphone. I have a microphone built into my computer, however, playing AE games doesn't really require such hardware. Assuming I do get chosen, I'll figure it out and install Skype. Hypothetically, if I cannot get my microphone working (Not saying I will or won't) I will have to go buy one, and with me being completely poor, it'll take awhile. However, I count upon the fact microphone usage can't be to complex, considering it should be in my hardware options, plus most laptops are built with microphones. (Not necessarily a good microphone). Figured I'd include information I don't know for sure on the account I do get chosen. :3

2. 13+

3. After a long absence, I've recently come back into the community of HeroSmash and AQWorlds. Everyday I find myself talking to the community and hearing their excitement, happiness, and/or problems. And while I apprehend that the "job" I'm applying for has nothing to do with community, I find this to be a great aspect of the AE (Artix Entertainment) games. Not to often do I find myself irritated by someone or something, but not to say it doesn't happen.

4. My ability to perceive directions has greatly enhanced.

5. Much like the last question's answer; I've noticed my critical thinking enhance, in and out of school. Honestly though, I suppose I could have always been well developed in the "critical thinking" aspect, but just not recognize it until acquiring my medicine.

6. Kisses =OR= Marriage I undoubtedly play Kisses more often.

7. English is the only language I'm capable of speaking. I tried to learn Spanish my sophomore year, but I blundered everything which inadvertently made me drop the class.

8. I've been playing HeroSmash since basically the start. I created my character on 12/11/10. I think the reason I was a couple of days late is because I ran out of membership and needed to purchase more. I forget the real reason to be honest. That being said, I am an Alpha Tester and HeroSmash Founder! I quit ArtixEntertainment games for awhile, however; I seem to be getting back into it the marvelous bundle that AE games propose, therefore; I admit I don't have as much experience as a player who hasn't quit, but I do feel I am adequate to helping destroy bugs found within' the game. I know of a bug that occurs on HeroSmash and AQWorlds which I have reported on both, if my memory serves correctly. Furthermore, the problem still occurs, and I'm sure everyone who has tried the game has experienced it. This said bug is the "full-screen" problems and errors. (Finding out recently, tis' the Flash.) As far as I know, tis' bug might not be fixable. I felt entitled and obligated to helping bring up something that might or might not have been recognized. I'd like to help and I suppose I could. Once again I also realize that I'm not as experienced as some players might be, therefore; I do not mind if my offer is rejected. I'm simply offering help for the reasons you have asked. The only thing I ask of you is, if possible, message me yes/no. I'd rather a blunt "NO!" than the whole, "If not contacted within' -such and such- time frame, you have been rejected." Funny thing is, I always said I'd never work for Artix Entertainment due to the fact the work would be to intense and strenuous! But as I'm sitting here reading this, I figured it was something I could possible do to contribute. A contribution is a contribution in my eyes, whether it be through payments and/or destroying these pesky termites! >:3 And for that reason, I've figured it would be worth the piles of work; to keep alive a fun and enjoyable gaming community. Rejected or not, I feel content with my offer, and the decision is all yours!
As I simply forgot, I took a semester of Game Design. The course was $150, but now if I play games, I find myself sometimes wondering how/what they did to make the function work. The games I made weren't very complex, but I figured it was helpful to know. I'm pretty sure I downloaded all of the games I made it you want a copy to see what I did.

Thank you for acknowledging my message
~Dvloki / Kisses~

Removed age and other personal info. ~CC~
Thank you, Mr. CC!

< Message edited by Dvloki -- 5/4/2013 16:18:06 >
AQW  Post #: 3
5/2/2013 5:30:38   
ReignSeven

1. Link to your HS character page
http://herosmash.artix.com/hs-character.asp?id=XXXCOOLXXX

English ,Malay , Tagalog (Bit rusty though.)

3. A couple sentences about how long you've played HeroSmash, and why you want to help squish bugs.

I've been playing HS just after Alpha had finished. I would like to HUNT THIS BUGS because if I help out, the HS Staffs can focus on the story and releases instead of hunting those pesky bugs. The players will be happy. I also have a lot of time in my hands, which makes it easier to help HS in this task. I don't mind reading reports.(I love reading xD) It will be a pleasure to be a Bug Hunter.

DF MQ AQW  Post #: 4
5/2/2013 8:44:30   
FrightLords

My HS charpage: Straxtosertiusum
I speak: Serbian, English, Spanish, Croatian, Bosnian and German.
A couple sentences about how long you've played HeroSmash, and why you want to help squish bugs.I play HS from end of the Alpha phase, and i would like to become a Bug Hunter, because it would mean that i became the part of HS team who helps other players having a comfortable game, without annoying bugs. I am responsible, reliable and hardworking, and you can trust me. I go to High School for software/hardware and it's my proffesion. I have a tons of free time in my hands and i can focus on Bug Hunting "Job". I really love HeroSmash, and because HeroSmash doesn't have a lot of players, let's make comfortable game to those who play, and help HeroSmash grow bigger and bigger everyday!

All Requirements are satisfactory!

< Message edited by FrightLords -- 5/3/2013 2:58:44 >
Post #: 5
5/2/2013 17:25:43   
Tally

1. My HS character

2. English, learning Swedish.

3. I've played Herosmash since around the beginning of Beta. I know that the staff team is a lot smaller than it used to be, and are busy making new game material. So I'd like to help in any way I can, like doing the dirty work of bug-smashing.

Requirements
1. Skype
Check
2. You must be age 13 or older to join the crew, but 18+ is preferred.
Check
3. Help when you can.
Check. I'm available to help most weekdays.
4. Must be able to follow directions... and ask questions!
Check. I do my best to follow directions, but if I ever get lost and need help I know when to ask for it.
5. Good critical thinking skills are a plus.
Check. I do try to find the cause of bugs and be able to duplicate them before reporting them.

< Message edited by Tally -- 5/3/2013 0:13:23 >
DF MQ  Post #: 6
5/2/2013 17:58:14   
Lightning Ace

1. http://herosmash.artix.com/hs-character.asp?id=HSKISAME100000
2. The language I speak is English.
3. I have been playing Hs sence 1/14/2011. I want to become a Bug Hunter for Hs because I feel like Hs is one of the less active game for AE which gets less help, also HS Staffs can focus on the releases instead of trying to fix bugs all day.

< Message edited by Lightning Ace -- 5/2/2013 17:59:15 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
5/2/2013 18:25:27   
xXBlackmistXx

1. Black Hood
2. I speak English.
3. I joined herosmash on 12/7/2010. I'd love to help the game get out of beta. I've gotten bored of it lately because there were not many updates. I would like to help make the game progress farther by volunteering to help get rid of the bugs so you guys can be a bit more focused on improving the game.

< Message edited by xXBlackmistXx -- 5/2/2013 19:00:33 >
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
5/2/2013 19:25:09   
Dvloki

Hello there xXBlackmistXx,

quote:

I'd love to help the game get out of beta.

While I DID read your whole post, I didn't know if you completely understood what the job requirement was. In layman's terms, they're saying, "you'll be helping extinguish HeroSmash of its bugs and errors." I feel compelled to conjecture that you already know this, however; your statement on the application had me pondering. Did you figure you would have an effect on the outcome of "Beta's" departing date? Did you think this application was to help produce more updates, items, and events? If this is what you thought, you are simply misguided, but tis' an easy fix. You are not helping things into the game, you're taking them out; termites!

quote:

OUR MISSION: To confirm every bug, mistake, glitch, hack, typo, and error in HeroSmash that other players report at www.Artix.com/Bugs!

Like I said in my previous explanation, I DID read your entire post. And it's your entire post which threw me into orbit and floating around your application. (Yes! I did use a corny space metaphor. And yes! I did think it was funny. :3)

quote:

I would like to help make the game progress farther by volunteering to help get rid of the bugs...

I most likely sound idiotic for asking such a question, but I want to confirm that you do 100 percent understand what it is they're asking us to do. For if you do not 100 percent understand; I re-explained it the best I could. But I assume you're simply stating that if you occupy the termites, (bugs/errors) Moderators and Developers will have a much more significant amount of time for releases and whatnot. While help would be appreciated, I think the game needs a little bit more traffic, along with volunteer firefighters. (Yes! I am making a ton of career metaphors. <3) Anyway, is seems like it couldn't hurt to make sure you're driving in the right direction.

Thank you,
~Dvloki / Kisses~

< Message edited by Dvloki -- 5/2/2013 19:41:40 >
AQW  Post #: 9
5/2/2013 21:08:46   
The Lurk

1. Lurk

2.I Speak and Write Spanish and English Fluently

3. I've been playing herosmash since the beta. I'd like to squish some bugs due to many happening to me and making me restart missions or not being able to change my armor/equipment. I also want to help as much people as possible due to my hopes of HS one day becoming as good as AQW, and better. I also have some ideas to improve some things that aren't working as they should. I think i could also help the spanish speaking people, due to there being many of them.
AQW  Post #: 10
5/2/2013 22:11:48   
xXBlackmistXx

I understand the only thing I'm doing is searching out bugs and reporting them. I just feel that every little thing will help improve this game. If you didn't have people searching for bugs, you won't have a lot of time to add stuff to the game and such. So yes that is what I meant. Every little thing move HS along faster. Sorry if my post confused you :D
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
5/2/2013 23:57:14   
Dvloki

Haha, it's fine! I was just making sure!

Thank you,
~Dvloki / Kisses~
AQW  Post #: 12
5/3/2013 17:00:05   
Sitting Duck

- HS Character Page:
Sitting Duck
Note: I just made this character and intend on using him as a main, I can level him relatively quickly. In addition to that, using a brand new character could be beneficial to the bug-eliminating process, seeing as I'm going to be re-playing the game over again, allowing me to find any bugs/typos through-out the entire course of the game.

- Language(s):
While I'm only capable of speaking English, I'm pretty good at it :D! I'm actually a bit of a stickler over proper grammar. (Not to be confused with typos and when I'm joking around).

- HeroSmash Join Date:
December 28, 2010

- Why I want to help:
Multiple reasons. You guys are busy, I'm not, and seeing some progression would be nice. Hopefully we can exit the Beta Phase soon. Plus I've seen some bugs around that If I hadn't joined in the Alpha would have completely stopped me from playing the game completely. I thought they should be reported to you, though you've probably already heard of them. I don't have too many. I enjoy playing your games and thought it might be nice to give back a little bit.

2) 13 Years of Age (or older):
Yes.

3) I play Artix Entertainment games on off, If i'm not playing AQWorlds I'm playing Oversoul, If not I'm playing HeroSmash, etc. I normally rotate between AE games. However, being 13 years old and all, I have a whole lot of free time. Besides school I'm pretty much available, and I'm on the computer regularly. I play a whole ton of games, so I won't always be online Artix Entertainment games. But again, if ever you need to get a hold of me I'll be online on skype.

4) Without a doubt I can follow directions and ask questions perfectly fine, that shouldn't be a problem for me at all.

5) I have my days, but generally I'm a pretty good critical thinker.

Thanks for your time and I hope to hear back!
Post #: 13
5/3/2013 17:06:56   
King Helios

1. A link to your HS character page - "MASTERCHARLIE"
2. The languages you speak/write - I speak English, and am learning Latin

I haven't played HeroSmash much. However, I am an active player of EpicDuel. I have reported maybe 25 bugs on EpicDuel. I know this game is new, and I would be glad to help!

1. I do not have Skype installed. However, if chosen, I can download it easily.

2. I am over 13 years old.

3. I am available weekends for the next month. June - August, I am available daily.

4. I can follow directions, and am naturally inquisitive.

5. I have good critical reasoning, in my opinion. However, if you would like to test me, just ask!

Age removed ~72

< Message edited by seventy two -- 5/3/2013 18:13:03 >
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
5/3/2013 23:32:12   
Zoey614

Sup. :3

1. My HS Character Page.
2. I am only fluid English, but I'm pretty accurate with German and Spanish.
3. I've played Herosmash since the first day it was released. I quit from about... a little into Alpha until the following Valentines Day but started to play again. I want to help "squish" bugs because it seems fun and I enjoy helping the AE community. (I usually answer in-game questions or questions on forum, but mostly for AQW :P) Anyways, I'm not going to type out 100 paragraphs on how I am a good candidate but I just wanted to say it'd be fun to help the game. I've seen it lose a lot of reputation the past few years and I know the game deserves more than what is receives.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. I do in fact have Skype installed but rarely use it. However, I could start. :P
2. I am over 13.
3. I can help regularly, I'm a senior in high school and I'd be busy around exams but other than that, I'd most likely be free most of the time.
4. I can follow directions and instructions fine. :o And I will not hesitate to ask questions if I am confused.
5. I consider myself being a well critical thinker. :D

Thanks for reading. :3

Age removed~72

< Message edited by seventy two -- 5/4/2013 0:43:24 >
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 15
5/4/2013 0:09:01   
Dvloki

Was that directed to me?
quote:

Anyways, I'm not going to type out 100 paragraphs on how I am a good candidate

AQW  Post #: 16
5/4/2013 2:48:35   
Zoey614

quote:

Was that directed to me?

quote:

Anyways, I'm not going to type out 100 paragraphs on how I am a good candidate

I do not believe I stated anywhere that it was directed towards you. I simply stated that I'm not going to type out 100 paragraphs on how I am a good candidate and that just happened to be what you did. Just a coincidence. That was your way of explaining your ways of worthiness and I never insulted them. Also, while I have your attention, this section is for submitting an application to smash bugs, not for you to go around and call individuals out and ask them questions. If there are any questions being asked it should be from the staff or the questioner, not from you. For example, you individually called upon xXBlackMistXx and attempted to solve your 'confusion' when it was not your place to do so. On the AQW forums I was often told not to act like a moderator on posts, and I've stopped and learnt my lesson, and I suggest you do the same. Thank you for your time.

DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 17
5/4/2013 6:10:52   
Skarmatic

http://herosmash.artix.com/hs-character.asp?id=RADER1234 (Founder Account)

2. I only speak English

3. I have been playing Hero Smash since it started, This is my account I am a founder. I love gaming and it would be pretty cool to contribute to one of your games! I have started to get back into Hero Smash its a really good game I am a member and can help youin most areas that you need help in eg. Member Only Areas.
I am able to record bugs through video if it would help and you could see it yourself instead of me trying to explain it.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post, even if I dont become apart of the Bug team I will still Happily report bugs. Smash on!

Age and email address removed. Never post that kind of info on the forums! ~Balu

< Message edited by Skarmatic -- 5/5/2013 0:22:19 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 18
5/4/2013 11:39:11   
Eros

- http://herosmash.artix.com/hs-character.asp?id=SHADOW%20KNIGHT

- I speak and write the following languages: English, French and Arabic

- I have played Herosmash since the day it was launched. I have experience, almost, every form of bug on this game. I am really decicated to this game which can be seen with my All Time Score and becoming a Monthly Champion 3 times. In a game like Herosmash where it's, currently, PvP based, bugs can be a huge issue. People tend to abuse them which results in an unfair victory. I want to be a part of this team to be able to prevent that.

Requirements ( Not required, but thought I would share them since others did)

Check.

Check.

I'm a college student so time is sometimes an issue, but my college semester is coming to an end very soon. I will be free all of this summer.

Following directions is a fundamental skill I have developed, ignoring my rebellious ideologies . I'm also not shy to express my thoughts or anything of concern, so if you pick moi, be prepared for a lot of questions. :P

I actually took a course all about critical thinking; really opened my mind.

~Shadow Knight

< Message edited by Eros -- 5/4/2013 11:42:36 >
DF  Post #: 19
5/4/2013 12:41:45   
Mr Popcorn

My HeroSmash character, Mr Popcorn!

- I speak/write English and Danish.

- I've been playing HeroSmash since Beta started, and i have noticed alot of bugs which haven't been fixed. The reason why i want to be a part of the bug hunter team is because i want to help Herosmash get better, and make it more enjoyable for the players.

Here are Stratos' requirements for joining the Bug Hunter crew:

- Check!

- Check!

- I can help everyday!

- Check!

- I have seen alot of bugs before, and i have been trying to find out the reason behind them. And sometimes i write to the Devs and tell them what the problems are.

< Message edited by Mr Popcorn -- 5/5/2013 7:31:21 >
AQW  Post #: 20
5/5/2013 5:20:24   
Everdude

http://herosmash.artix.com/hs-character.asp?id=EVERKNIGHT
English only.
I've played HS since late 2011 and really enjoy the ease of gameplay and artistic style *and the occasional bad puns, in the game.
I would like to help improve the game and smooth it out for the newer players, so that they can really get into it and have great quests and a righteous storyline to follow.
*I want this game to become so famous you'll have to buy 3D printers so we can each get our own individual Herosmash Action Figures !
** Note: if you guys get rich off that 3D idea of mine... you owe me a Lamborghini :)

< Message edited by Everdude -- 5/5/2013 5:34:44 >
Post #: 21
5/5/2013 21:51:51   
Sillfox

Character Page: Sillf0x
Languages I speak/write: Portuguese, English

I’ve played HeroSmash for a bit under half of a year. I want to help squish bugs because when i'm playing HeroSmash I see bugs that have been there for quite sometime now, and still having been fixed... So I would like to come on-board and find the bugs and squish them,
for the community. And to improve the players gameplay experience.
AQW Epic  Post #: 22
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [HeroSmash] >> HeroSmash General Discussion >> =HS= Become a Bug Hunter
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition