Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Epic Duel's Decline

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Epic Duel's Decline
Page 6 of 8«<45678>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/31/2013 19:24:04   
Evric

I absolutely agree with Angel's post.

I understand it's not our game but we play it so we should at least have fun and for the past 2 years and some it wasnt all that fun
More fun the game is the more players the game will get. More players the game gets, more support for the game so it don't get...(what do you call it?) Cancelled..or BankRupt which ever comes before.

Less fun the game is,....well You know the rest
Post #: 126
5/31/2013 20:37:24   
l Chop Suey l

With every release coming forth every week we are progressing into the future of Epicduel rather than converting back into the old system and solve problems that all players are dealt with in the past like a similar case with technology becoming more convenient such as Apple improving Ipads with more features enabled theres no stopping it.As an older player,I would agree with most of the people in this thread that we can't adapt to the new phase but the devs keep implementing new features unless we have more voices in game as Angel have said in her statement.
AQW Epic  Post #: 127
6/1/2013 0:38:59   
Xendran

The problem is the lack of new blood.
We have a team that has shown consistently, over the course of half a decade, that they cannot balance the game. The problem is that these same people are still the ones in charge of balance.
Every single patch and every single update this game has ever gone through has had at least one massively overpowered build.

< Message edited by Xendran -- 6/1/2013 0:39:51 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 128
6/1/2013 1:20:30   
Bloodpact

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Whats massively op atm???

Static Smash- Slightly op

Assimilation- Slightly op, after I learned of a counter to it.

Plasma Bolt- Fixed not op

Massacre- way to easy to counter.

Just a small list of things a selected few think is OP, but really are not.
Epic  Post #: 129
6/1/2013 10:42:30   
gangster a

im going to make this short the only reason why ed is in decline is because they are making people pay more and the battles are getting shorter and boring with every Nerf and buff they make i think they need to develop their focus solely on the classes because i think that they are concentrating too much on things we don't need skill cores,bikes,make credits prices really high so you pay var and a mail system which frankly we don't really need. thanks for listening

AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 130
6/1/2013 10:51:29   
Ranloth
Banned

So... features are useless (such as mail system) yet players find the lack of features to be useless, okay. Perhaps if you're not in a Faction or don't care about contacting other players, it is useless but it does have a potential. Not mentioning Faction improvements during the Summer which could make the mail system very good for Faction Founders.
Or showing cores.. Something that affects balance and was requested by players so there won't be blind battles or unfairness. Useless too, eh?

Credits and Varium - of course Credit price is high. You work for it or go for a shortcut and use Varium. Simple as. <.< Power Hours make it pitifully easy to earn Credits and you could easily do 2 PHs and get a Core (assuming casual playing). Cores are.. useless? That was the big part of Omega. Totally useless. So you want better battles (not boring, as per your post) and you ditch cores to make them even more boring? Right.. inb4 they don't listen to the community. *cough* balance changes, mail system, showing cores, etc. *cough* all player suggestions *cough*

Next time, pick words carefully. "we don't really need" =/= "I don't really need".
AQ Epic  Post #: 131
6/1/2013 11:20:25   
Bloodpact

^

And once again Trans has this one on the head of the nail.

Epic  Post #: 132
6/1/2013 14:00:23   
Sympleton

I would just like to add that I myself have noticed that a huge number of older players have left due to Omega, some of them being close friends, and in-game friends. I had such enormous expectations for this phase, because of all the hype created that dealt with basically unlimited creativity. Quite the opposite happened however, and now it is impossible to have even a slightly creative build without getting completely demolished. A player's choice in builds are now 5 focus tank (any class) or spam tech (this works for any class as well, but mainly tech mage).

The other day I tried making a plethora of creative builds, such as ones that I used prior to Omega (obviously I changed the numbers around, I mean I used the same idea), and they just can't be done. I mean this literally, with the introduction of health and EN requiring double the amount of stats, you will not have enough stats to make a fun build. For me, most of the fun of ED was making original and creative builds that sometimes surprise people in their effectiveness. With my ability to do this gone, I find that I play less and less as time goes on...

I do appreciate, however, that the devs are trying to make the game better. I do not in any way think that they are being lazy.

Also, Angelsholocaust continues to make great points about how the community should have more power.

PS: ...I've ready every single post in this threat, and I honestly thought that what our mods were saying was very... generic, and kind of pointless. I mean, I understand what you're trying to say, but it really felt like I was reading a collection of cliches in each of your posts. I'm not trying to offend any of you in any way, just pointing something out I suppose. I'm sure it's your job to be very careful in the way that you speak...
Epic  Post #: 133
6/1/2013 14:08:38   
The Incredible Hulk
Banned

Like they say,

1.If you change the game too much, Alot of players will leave
2.If you change the game slightly, a few will leave (Best option to have)
3.If you do not change the game, and leave it how it is, Players will leave

I would say ED is on option 1 and 3. We still have the same old boring features for 2-3 years(excluding mail system which is irrelevant since that is only sending messages) while there is too much change of the game which made players leave (Enhancements which are gone which all varium players loved and too many balance changes which annoys peoples some times).

Epic  Post #: 134
6/1/2013 14:16:02   
ReinVI

I personally have a few reasons I think the games declining...
1. The change to varium / monotony of the games pvp ~ The change to varium I personally thought was a good idea... giving all in game items a credit or varium price... but honestly now with how ungodly expensive stuff is credit wise it's almost impossible to afford anything unless your a mindless drone playing this game all day everyday... like the new weapons ( i doubt I will get ) is 46k credits that's 1437.5 wins in 1v1 to obtain that weapon. This wouldn't be to bad if the game wasn't so boring now! every fight is the same thing.. over and over... and over again every enemy using the same copy paste build as the last drone. so it's pretty much to the point it takes 1400 wins to earn a weapon yet the game can barely keep ( at least ) me interested in 14 fights before I'm just bored, sick, and not wanting to play any more.

2. Balance, Balance, Balance!~ Seriously I have never seen a game go through as much of a balancing act that this game has ... most games I've played maintained balance and when something did become OP they fixed it correctly... ( whether that be a nerf or a buff to things to make them on par or both ) but this game? this games about as 'balanced' as a drunk on a high wire.... seriously it's an absolute train wreck ( which it use to be bearable but not anymore sadly ) plus whenever the classes do get changed you can potentially screw people over by leaving them stranded on the new "suck class" with nowhere near the 50k creds ( 1562.5 1v1 wins ) to change over to a class that gives them a chance in hell in the new balance area. And when these players get stuck in this 'no mans land' ( i know it happens to me ) they just lose all drive to play when the only option they have to be competitive is pretty much lose until they gain enough loss credits to change class... and by the time they change class the next update my roll out and put them right back into that no mans land.

3. The almighty dollar ~ yes the most corruptive substance known to man! currency... sadly it really does feel like this game is moving in the way of more of a cash cow then a actual game. It's in my opinion disgraceful when the games balance is held off for so long in "testing" yet if there is one thing that NEVER gets delayed ( or almost never ) it's the new shiny promo pack for 50$! it seems like ever since ( imo ) midway through delta up until now this game went from a pvp game to a "dress up sally soldier" or whatever generic name you wanna use. And the simple fact that obtaining items in game is growing even more difficult due to balance and the credit prices going up like real life gas prices that it 'forces' people to purchase varium if they want to obtain these items unless they can somehow gone into some kind of 'drone gaze' which allows them to somehow play this game long enough in it's current state to buy the item in game ( and when they do succeed in this well congratz to them )

phew.. well that's my opinion on why the game is declining

P.S. Do not take anything I might have said as an attack or anything negative towards the various artists/ tester/ programmers in epicduel team as I do respect them for what they do just this is my personal views on what I'm seeing from this game.
Epic  Post #: 135
6/1/2013 15:07:09   
DunkThatOreo

The team simply took away any need for skill and creativity in the game. It's all about who dishes out the most damage in a 4 turn period. You can't afford to be blocked, critted, or deflected because
that will cost you the match since you can't have a decent build going above 100 hp. It's all about speed and power now. In Beta battles lasted longer, more thinking was involved. If you were blocked you just
shrugged it off and kept on going. It took several blocks, crits, and deflects to guarantee a loss. Now just one deflect, crit, or block is an automatic loss for you over half the time. Things were simple back then.
The community was great. Updates were simple but appreciated. PvP was fun and often exciting at times. This is mostly the first half of Beta though. The game was refreshing, it was a game unlike anything I
ever played before. 4 years later it's still the same thing...Just battles are quicker and about as boring and dry as reading a dictionary. No offence to the team or anyone who has contributed to developing this game over time.
It's not that the devs took a wrong turn down the road. It's just that the devs have been on the same road since 2009. They haven't done any major changes to the game. They haven't done anything risky or
outside their comfort zone. They just do the bare minimum to keep us at the most slightly interested in what they're doing. I'm not saying they are lazy, I'm saying it's time for a change. The game won't go back
to being the way it was in beta, even though it was amazing. They need to do something exciting, maybe even shocking. For example, increasing everything such as stats, health, and energy. Changes like that
will keep players excited.

Just my opinions.
Epic  Post #: 136
6/1/2013 18:26:04   
Angels Holocaust

The Epicduel Devs aren't the solution, they're the problem.

Just take a look at how faulty the system is from a beginners perspective. Why in all of creation are our skills and stats shown to the players of this game? If you enter battle, you don't just get all the information necessary to beat your opponent for free, you have to play and test their build to see what to expect. That's the number 1 thing we can fix with ease. Why are we promoting lazy players to steal builds? We have a name for those who promote equality and theft and that's called communism, we're rewarding the players who want to do nothing with more than they actually deserve.
Post #: 137
6/1/2013 19:23:59   
DunkThatOreo

^Wow, never looked at it like that before. I think I agree with everything you said there.
Epic  Post #: 138
6/1/2013 19:31:11   
The Incredible Hulk
Banned

quote:

The Epicduel Devs aren't the solution, they're the problem.

Why don't you go in ED's shoes and see how hard it is to code and program. I'm sure you can't do none of that.

Although I do agree. ED is just a basic system, not many complicated things, that's why we have so many 9+ playing the game.
I'm sure ED can go complicated then what it is now, It's still the same game from what it was over the years. Just a few minor features, and large quantity of the games uniqueness gone with alot of balance changes.
Epic  Post #: 139
6/1/2013 19:34:42   
Ranloth
Banned

You know something is wrong with people if they compare a game to politics.. >.>
AQ Epic  Post #: 140
6/1/2013 19:40:43   
  Exploding Penguin

@Angels Holocaust: Because if we didn't see the opponent's stats whenever we wanted, 95% of winning in ED would just be mindgames, and we all know from other combat-based games that mindgames pretty much destroy a game. In non-named realtime fighting games, a character whose moveset is based entirely off of mindgames is typically the lowest on the tier list. This applies for PvP as well; the class that has the most possibilities for build variety will be the one dominating, and the BHs which can pretty much make no build other than focus right now will be easily predictable.
Epic  Post #: 141
6/1/2013 20:33:08   
Blaze The Aion Ender

@Angels
Nope
The game rewards those who think the best and create builds the best
If I copy a guys build with 3 points in each skill, I generally don't win as many fights as someone who has a decent build
It rewards those who play the most time, and the most intelligently

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 142
6/1/2013 20:46:58   
Bloodpact

In all fairness the Devs are trying and they have been taking quite a bit of our suggestions.

Lot of breakthrough with fixing up classes, sadly they just tune them up a bit too high
and need to get around to balancing them all out.

It's not like the Devs just gave up and are leaving all the classes as is, they are constantly
working on balancing, features,storyline,etc patience is your best friend, along with
actively giving your opinion in the suggestions, it's comparable to how voting is
assumed to work.
Epic  Post #: 143
6/1/2013 21:30:27   
Sympleton

@Trans,

actually I think Angels makes a very valid point :/
Epic  Post #: 144
6/1/2013 21:32:51   
Ranloth
Banned

And quite a few of them are of biased nature which is already quite unfair. All I see is an opinion and no specific way on how to fix it, just taking it out on Devs about how bad they are. I won't repeat comments that have been posted on previous pages by various Staff members, just read for yourself.
AQ Epic  Post #: 145
6/1/2013 21:59:23   
Mondez

I have to disagree with Angel's statement because they are mostly opinionated and there's no constructive reasoning behind it. ED devs are trying, but with the team that they have it is difficult for them to implement the right juice to rev up ED. At the moment it seems as if they are gasping straws, but the straws are getting shorter and shorter. Hopefully if the right changes are made throughout the Omega Phase then they could grasp the long straw that we players have been waiting for.

Coding and balancing is difficult for the devs when you have players stating certain skills are OP when they are not. Overall if they could at least fix the HP system then I wouldn't have to worry about insta-kill builds. Lowering luck is another factor because it brings down gameplay for me because luck runs rampant.

@below
Listening to veterans is one thing, but all the voices of the player matters.

If they are ignoring us then why do they bother even posting on the forums at all? Charfade replies along with Rabbleforth.

< Message edited by Mondez -- 6/1/2013 22:01:50 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 146
6/1/2013 21:59:44   
Angels Holocaust

The players have been offering suggestions left and right, I guess Xendran and I have been trolling the entire time, right? The players are offering better solutions than the devs ever will and they're ignoring us. They believe that they know how to play this game better than the veterans who have been here for years.
Post #: 147
6/1/2013 22:09:07   
DunkThatOreo

Angels is simply telling the truth, so is Xendran and he has given the best solutions I've seen so far. Yet no one seems to care. Xendran can get this game back on track to success. Yes he's not an epic duel developer, but so far he's providing better
solutions than the devs themselves.
Epic  Post #: 148
6/1/2013 22:12:42   
Mondez

Overall if we could get a response from the devs about these suggestions then maybe we can get somewhere, but overall I don't see any progress moving at all because the devs plan out the game and features then comes the coding then the testing which would take long amounts of time.

I checked out Xendran's suggestions and they are good, but as the final saying, the devs decide if they'll accept it and when will they implement it.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 149
6/1/2013 22:23:00   
Mother1

@Mondez

Some of them are good, but others I I can't say they were.

@Angel

The only post I can agree with on your account is the fact that we can't keep out builds hidden. In any fight be it real life or most video games I play you don't get a cheat sheet like this you find out about your opponent as you go. But due to having our builds out where everyone can see it is the main reason why every creative build gets nerfed The cycle is this.

1 person finds creative build that works
2 people copy it
3 build becomes over used
4 people who are weak against said build and don't want to copy it come to forums to complain and suggest nerfs to said class/build due to said build screwing up their W/L ratio
5 Staff eventually nerfs buils
6 Players adapt to nerf
7 repeat steps 2-5

Epic  Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Epic Duel's Decline
Page 6 of 8«<45678>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition