Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQ= Xov's Assault stories and poetry Commentary

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> RE: =AQ= Xov's Assault stories and poetry Commentary
Page 15 of 27«<1314151617>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/18/2013 9:20:29   
darksaber22

@tommy well it might be because they are enjoying the weather because it has been getting really hot lately so that might be the reason why they aren't many stories being written alight it could be because of inspiration
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 351
7/18/2013 23:43:10   
dragonfire1423

^ What weather? Where I am it's been raining for days... Some people have all the luck (XwX)
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 352
7/19/2013 0:11:23   
kors

^^Enjoy the weather? Impossible for where I live. Getting over a hundred for the last two days has also pushed back my work schedule since I end up doing a lot of work outside, ruining my schedule elsewhere(looking at you corrections and continuation of my story)

Edit: Done with corrections so far. I'll post them with the next chapter, if Elryn has them done by then. If not, then I'll wait till next time. Mostly because of how long it will take for me to reformat them to the forum's interface. I'll need a free day at the least for that.

< Message edited by kors -- 7/19/2013 1:56:15 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 353
7/19/2013 5:21:33   
dragonfire1423

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻

I can't think of this next character to use in my chapter... I'm trying something new with my story, in that it's basically a Manga without pictures, which defies every definition of "Manga" but whatever, it's better than calling it a "script to an anime".

Anyways, I'm thinking out the chapter now, though I don't know when I'll update, as it's soon to be my brother's 4th birthday. I'll leave you guys with a peak at the new char, as well as an overview of the existing ones, including teaser quotes from this next chapter.

spoiler:

Salem "The Monochrome Devil"
Vigilante of Heaven and Hell
Weapon1: Clockwork Lullaby
Weapon2: Conviction
Weapon3: Innocense and Guilt
Quote: "Glad to see you've arrived... Sad to see you're not on my side... Sad, but fortunate all the same..."

Sarah "Devil's Advocate"
Salem's Sister
Weapon: Butterfly of Dreams
Appearance: Gray clothing, and a small badge that reads "9th Regiment" on her right arm.
Quote: "I could defend you, but it'll be much funnier to see what'll happen when he wakes up~!"

??? "Ghost in the Night"
A.K.A the char I've been beating my head against the wall to think up.
Antagonist.
W: ???
Appearance: ???
Quote: "What a twist of fate that we should meet here again... Wouldn't you say... Old Friend?"

Just do remember that I hated making the last chapter, since there was no action, just a false build-up that gave me an excuse to tell Salem some things about the "occurrences". From here on out I'll try my hardest to make sure there's some type of encounter in every chapter, but I can't promise.

< Message edited by dragonfire1423 -- 7/19/2013 5:22:27 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 354
7/19/2013 8:43:33   
Elryn

Custodian (DF)

@Flashbang Most welcomed.

Kors:

quote:

Xov might do beyond remove it’s lush vibrant landscapes.

Its

quote:

Kor and a friend of his assaulted the first one, while she just sat back

Remove the coma.

quote:

She began to take back several of the doubts she had, if she did not know all she could of this world Xov likely knew even less.

Replace coma with period and separate into two sentences. Coma after world.

quote:

“I am going to Paxia, Lore needs me to,”

Replace coma with period and separate into two sentences.

quote:

including her as of yet unopened story

Slightly confused by what is meant here. Reword and clarify?

quote:

Many Clan members began jumping ship, some flew some merely plummeted

Replace coma with period and separate into two sentences. Add a coma after flew.

quote:

Xov's anger, it would be satisfying to see such impudence

Replace coma with period and separate into two sentences.

quote:

I saw Aerodu's ship take a large explosion, and I have little doubt

Remove the coma.

quote:

The instant it touched the ground a light similar to the one that revealed

Coma after ground.

quote:

Kor stood in the moderately familiar territory of the Dark Jungle, the Chronomancer looked around surprised for several moments. The power of the Lord of the Skies was great, flying for miles on end without any real chance to rest. After those few moments the same tiredness struck Kor. He collapsed into the brush of the enormous jungle and drifted into a dreamless sleep.

*scratches head* There a few things about this paragraph that need work I would say. The first sentence is composed of two that could stand alone. For the first highlight, do you mean ''without any real need to rest''? Coma after second highlight. I am somewhat confused by the use of ''same tiredness'' as no other tiredness seems to have been referred to. I would shorten it to ''tiredness struck Kor''. Hmm... One suggestion if you will would be to fuse it with the last sentence using and and changing drifted to drifting changing the structure of the sentence accordingly.

quote:

They turned as he did, to northwest.

As he did is an aparte, or so I would call it and do it in this same explaining sentence, so put a coma before ''as'' as well.

quote:

and said nothing, their representatives for the most part were appalled.

Replace coma with period or semi-colon.

quote:

The only one who's reaction could match

Whose.

quote:

farthest from all the Clan members. He could barely hold back the tears, both Clans he was once apart of under attack.

A part. Replace period with colon. Replace coma with period or semi-colon.

quote:

After all that they survived would the two Clans die from something worse than boredom?

Had survived. Coma after survived.

quote:

He was shouting loudly now, most of the attention had turned to him now.

I feel this one needs some tweaking, see suggestion: He was shouting loudly and most of the attention had turned to him by now.

quote:

The words opened wounds that had been growing in the Clan member's minds, and stung quite deeply.

Remove the coma. The sentence is a tad confusing: do you mean the words of 0Neo are hurting the other clan members? If so, the apostrophe to mark possession should be after the s.

quote:

Before anyone could stop him he had claimed a boat and began paddling to sea.

Coma after him.

quote:

Ligeye was a mangled mess, his wings torn,

Replace the first coma with a colon.

quote:

Not nearly as injured as the other, and familiar to the angry Aerodus.

Remove coma.

quote:

it’s words were twisted and were spoken as if spliced

It’s glowing eyes pierced

with it’s natural ability to move across time

at it’s bright vivid colors, at it’s uniqueness, at it’s futile attempts to keep her from coming.

Its

quote:

The army behind her roars, eager to start

Roared.

quote:

He did not stop slowly inching his way towards the east,

Hmm... A tad confused at what is meant by this in the scene and its purpose in relation to context.

quote:

even down to the wings on the back

His.

quote:

His frantic visitor slowed down as Kor asked, although he did not look happy about it.

Had asked. Remove coma.

quote:

“I am 0Neo of Clan Noctoru. But now is not the time for greetings, Paxia is under attack.

Remove the first period. Replace the coma by an exclamation point and do the same for the second period.

quote:

The Truphma have made their move, and are attacking the island as we speak!

Remove coma.

quote:

“He... They all will be overrun soon, if we do nothing.”

Remove coma.

quote:

If I am right the Guardians should only be a few hours behind us, if we hurry we should be able to hold back the Truphma long enough for them to arrive.

Turn the coma into a period and add coma after hurry.

quote:

Lets go.

Lets go 0Neo, lets show them why they are wrong."

Let's.

*wipes forehead* That should do.

Final comment on the story overall: Your story is most interesting in the way you take up differing point of view and tell the story from those. It is done quite well and gives another dimension to the tale. You made quite an effort to flesh out the characters coming from a collaboration with other players. Of the stories I have proofread so far, you give them life the most. The existing game characters and those that you invent seem to be told just as well. Combine with a fairly extensive vocabulary makes for a good story. Keep it up.

Although I do have quite a bit of dead time to waste at work, it still takes time to type the proofreading down. I likely will not be getting around to other stories since I have other dealings to tend to as well at the moment.

< Message edited by Elryn -- 7/19/2013 8:44:16 >
AQ  Post #: 355
7/19/2013 15:19:08   
tommy2468

I think I am gonna go back and make sure that my story is as grammatically correct as I can make it. Hopefully that will save Elryn a bit of work :L
AQ  Post #: 356
7/19/2013 21:54:21   
flashbang

I'm planning on changing #YO1OSW4G to #Y0105W46. It' gonna be epic!

< Message edited by flashbang -- 7/19/2013 22:00:41 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 357
7/19/2013 22:00:55   
popinloopy

@flashbang
I don't even need to ask anymore where you get these from. Well, if you need some puns for Geoto, though, you should check the DFGD...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 358
7/19/2013 22:10:39   
0Neo

@wyrm you're enjoying this, aren't you? I'll change a bit of your character's personality

@battlemaster25 I liked your last chapter, I always enjoy the dis-matched-couple topic :P
AQ  Post #: 359
7/20/2013 2:11:57   
kors

Just finished corrections! That means back onto my story! With how things are going I guess I might be going to work later today, but I don't know so I may be able to pump it out by monday. Also sorry Elryn for overworking you and thank you for doing the corrections! I hope I did't break you.

< Message edited by kors -- 7/20/2013 2:15:38 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 360
7/20/2013 9:26:50   
Elryn

Custodian (DF)

Not to worry, Kors. As I said previously, it gives me something to do during the long dead hours at work. Most welcomed.
AQ  Post #: 361
7/20/2013 15:34:34   
flashbang

quote:

I don't even need to ask anymore where you get these from. Well, if you need some puns for Geoto, though, you should check the DFGD...

I got the 5 instead of S part from Neo.

quote:

you're enjoying this, aren't you?

My soul is being torn apart. HELP ME!
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 362
7/22/2013 17:07:34   
kors

Almost done with Part VI: A Prelude to Boredom. I gotta say that I may be making it too big... I doubt it will be less than 10 pages as it is. At the rate it's going I think I might be able to make a nice sized novel out of this by the time I'm done. And I apologize to everyone ahead of time, there is at least one cringeworthy moment induced by a certain someone...
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 363
7/22/2013 20:36:43   
flashbang

quote:

here is at least one cringeworthy moment induced by a certain someone...

*everyone one looks at me* What did I do?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 364
7/22/2013 21:32:38   
kors

Part VI is up! And the corrected versions of Part I through V as well. This one is a long one, 10 pages long with 4839 words total. And this one is just set up for the start of battle. We are introduced to the final two characters "donated", ss2195's Seth Hydra and mew626's Akihiko. And with the next Part I will finally get to use one of the original titles I had on hold since Part I!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 365
7/22/2013 22:01:12   
popinloopy

@kors
Well done! It's a very good seession, and I think you got every character rather accurately depicted. I look forward to seeing the next part.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 366
7/22/2013 22:36:50   
flashbang

quote:

Wyrm the big and strong hero has you

quote:

#Y0105S46

Yes!

Overall I leiked it.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 367
7/23/2013 1:52:06   
battlemaster25

My sixth chapter has just been posted. It's absurdly short, but highly important to the story.

(And yes, the odd speech patterns of Xov and the Truphma are deliberate. They are Truphma, after all.)
AQ  Post #: 368
7/23/2013 2:01:41   
popinloopy

@battlemaster
Excellent. I can't wait to see how this affects the rest of the story.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 369
7/23/2013 2:22:38   
0Neo

@kors your new chapter was as good as always. You give each part enough attention to make it interesting and encouraging (like the Glacius clan part, I loved that one) but not too much to make any part take the spotlight. I can't wait for the war to unfold.

@battlemaster25 is nice to see something new. I'll be waiting to see how this affects the rest of the history (new Truphmad monsters, why didn't I thought the staff would likely do that?)

I wonder if I overdid it in my history.....after reading a good quantity of RP's should and shouldn't, I think I might have a Mary Sue complex >_> Glad I decided to role 0Neo from the starting point and not the last.
AQ  Post #: 370
7/23/2013 4:03:53   
dragonfire1423

DONE! "CH. 4: The Ghosts of Your Past." IS UP! I'm downplaying the Truphma, since it's mainly about the survival of Salem, and ultimately the camp itself. Don't worry, I'mma try and rectify that!

Reviews are REALLY welcome, as Elryn is slightly unnerving me with all the spell-checking (^w^)

@Battlemaster: Good chapter! Like I said, expository chapters are sometime necessary. I DESPISE writing them, but reading them isn't as hated to me :P

@Kors: Like 0Neo, I can't wait for the war to start! I always like hearing the clashing of weapons, and the generals yelling orders, amidst screaming and death... *Calm Sigh*

Wha-? Anyways, can't wait!

@0Neo: Fwat's a Mary Sue complex? Sounds weird and pertaining to the Mystery genre (O_o)...

*Deep Breath* Ok, now that that's all sorted out, I'm back from Hiatus!

< Message edited by dragonfire1423 -- 7/23/2013 4:48:29 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 371
7/23/2013 16:27:09   
kors

@dragonfire: Definitely an interesting battle scene you have there. Salem is quite an interesting character. I found the whole exchange with Sarah to be quite funny, guess being woken up is one of her berserk buttons? Also this is a definition of a Mary Sue. Since you asked what they are you get to read some eldritch lore on the bane of novice(and even some great writers) everywhere.

Edit: I find it hilarious that I started a chain reaction, most of us who are continuing to write and post even if the war does not start for a while yet have posted some more of their story.

< Message edited by kors -- 7/23/2013 16:30:41 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 372
7/23/2013 18:40:01   
hict98

Chapter Five is up. Can I just say that I love cliff hangers.

AQ AQW  Post #: 373
7/23/2013 19:00:40   
kors

I have some nice plans for the next Part and I'll have it out in time for Kor's creation. Unfortunately for everyone else that means this one will be focused exclusively on Kor and 0Neo's plot line.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 374
7/23/2013 19:00:50   
tommy2468

Just after reading Kors' and Hict's new chapters and liking both very much (can't even remember if I commented on them before :L)

@Kors I like your very dark look on the war. You have a very good spread of the story, what with each clan making their own preparations. I'm currently writing something like that for later on (but much shorter) but I don't think I could match your talent for following more than one story. My favourite character at the moment in your story is probably yourself, Kor, as he seems to have a bigger grasp of the war. Rather than just seeing it from the Paxian perspective

@Hict They way you portray your characters is very interesting. I like the relationships you are creating and their own personalities that are developing. My favourite in your story at the moment is probably Salem, just because I'm loving the bipolar aspect :P
AQ  Post #: 375
Page:   <<   < prev  13 14 [15] 16 17   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> RE: =AQ= Xov's Assault stories and poetry Commentary
Page 15 of 27«<1314151617>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition