Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 128 - READ THE FIRST POST

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 128 - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 11 of 30«<910111213>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/19/2013 8:27:31   
Megadragonknight

@Deathknight
Due to FC having lots of cards in his deck, it would be wiser not to customize tons of expansion card in his deck otherwise there will be a low chance of getting the card you need unless you have the luck by your side.
Post #: 251
7/19/2013 10:24:39   
jayk the pikachu

Just Bought SGs so i have unlocked Pactognal Captain and man it's OP
*Buys Evil Jim,Taro and a Lifetime X-Boost*
I have 101 Characters at last!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 252
7/19/2013 11:45:24   
necro rouge

@deathknight
I would personally go for
1 empower
2 holy strike
2 penance

alternatively, you can trade one of the holy strikes for another shield/heal card, but i would not recommend having more than 2 penances at max. the reason i go with this build is because holy strike is the best normal attack card in the game, and having more of it is only a good thing. I take penance because it is a 2x efficiency card which heals, which is pretty much a weaker greater heal and it balances out with the extra attack cards you put into the deck. Empower is added because of my policy "If your character does not already have empower, it has empower"; empower is an amazing card that gives free damage.

< Message edited by necro rouge -- 7/19/2013 11:48:56 >
AQW  Post #: 253
7/19/2013 12:25:16   
Megadragonknight

@jayk
Congratz to you. I am looking forward to get Evil Jim and Taro in the future though it will take about 2 month due to being very busy with life. :(
Post #: 254
7/19/2013 15:44:09   
Mondez

Ahahahaha!!! I got Necrosis to level 20 and that gets me ready for the second elemental Pvp coming up.

Now I'm leveling Ogre Mage who I believe a lot of people see weak due to the type of cards he has, but I improved his damage with CC plus Ogre Mage is energy sufficient when I'm playing him.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 255
7/19/2013 15:51:33   
TheSage

People regard Ogre Mage as weak only because of his "Alpha Curse" of having a 20+ base card deck, but don't realize those low costing cards keep his mana use stable.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 256
7/19/2013 15:52:15   
Char

@Mondez: Gratz on the 20! You should feel proud! :D
Post #: 257
7/19/2013 15:57:01   
Mondez

@Char
I am brimming with both pride and exhaustion. lol

@TheSage
I agree and since fire CC has been released Ogre Mage can now live up to those standards because in truth fire characters with heavy attacking power like HH were subjected to high uses of mana which I noticed in the first OS tourney. When I faced HH in most of the Pvp area would literally take long amount of time to charge to deal heavy damage, but now with CC, Ogre Mage can be given more Incinerates and deal high amounts of damage at lower costs.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 258
7/19/2013 16:03:11   
Hakunin

Solace Lobby music track
AQ  Post #: 259
7/19/2013 16:20:55   
Jmagician

Ogre Mage's deck is already cluttered with useless cards. Sure he can be cost efficient. But, that also makes him inefficient at turning the tables during heated turns due to bad hands. What is even worse is that he can't make full use of CC because of his large deck.

He's a fun character to play with though!
AQW  Post #: 260
7/19/2013 16:29:13   
Mondez

@J
Useless is too far-fetched from the tree since the cards helped me out in tight spots before due to their low costs. The mentality for many players is that the higher the damage is the better deck which is untrue because higher the damage is higher the cost. One energy lost can determine the factor to your win or loss besides hasn't Labyth managed to defeat what were considered "strong characters" with a rat who has as much as useless cards as Ogre Mage?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 261
7/19/2013 16:34:44   
Jmagician

@Mondez: You didn't get the point. The Rat and such characters have very good deck structure so in essence, the cards aren't useless. Instead, they are more useful. For Ogre Mage, it is the complete opposite. The fact is, it doesn't matter if the cards deal higher damage, lower damage OR cost low or high. It matters about how these combinations of cards are compiled. Each card has its use, even the 100 damage card. Be it Empower Fodder or just to dish out that extra damage for a knockout. All cards have their uses, but sometimes the deck structure they are included in hinders these "uses".

Why do you think I liked Shadowdance so much? ;) Sure he is kinda outclassed nowadays. He didn't have the "best" cards through the eyes of most people. But, I managed to find his specialty. He had a good deck structure so for him, those bad cards weren't so bad.

< Message edited by Jmagician -- 7/19/2013 16:36:52 >
AQW  Post #: 262
7/19/2013 16:40:56   
Mondez

@J
Well whatever so anyways I'll be using Ogre Mage in the Fire tourney and show how strong Ogre Mage is with what players call useless cards. I've got the perfect setup in CC for the Mage of Ogres to prove everyone wrong that he can have the perfect combination of cards when it comes to battle.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 263
7/19/2013 16:42:17   
dragonfire1423

^ And I think that's part of the reason characters like Rainbowtheus and other cards with no master/legendary tier. Rainbow has Sacrifice, Shield, and Heal, along with some chip-damage cards, so that's usually how one would play it.

Something like Shadowdance IIRC is more about lasting until you get ~12 mana to just wail on the enemy until he dies, which is more viable a strategy than most people think (O-O)
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 264
7/19/2013 16:48:12   
Jmagician

@Mondez: Sure man, go for it! Really, in the end it comes down to one's skill. Everything I wrote about Ogre Mage was based on character analysis and educated comparisons. These facts do not necessarily hold true in actual battles as you are up against the human mind and not just a character with a "bad deck". Who knows, Ogre Mage probably has an unknown niche that people haven't found out for you know what reasons xD
AQW  Post #: 265
7/19/2013 17:15:07   
TheSage

@Jmagician : I think you are mixing up your "facts" with "opinions" yes he has a lot of cards, but he also has more shields then other fire characters, and more pierce cards, add on a few of the new cards and he can be a wrecking ball.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 266
7/19/2013 19:04:30   
Mondez

Here! Here! The first chapter of The Invasion is up for read. I'll be editing it later on to include the AQW side.

If I were to label what I think are the strongest fire characters at the moment now with CC included would be this:

1. Evil Jim
2. Headless Horseman
3. Overfiend Blade
4. Ogre Mage

Overfiend blade has a short deck hence a higher draw rate plus a lot of people would overlook him since he doesn't have what you say with a fire character "not enough Fireballs". I do believe before that people including myself that HH was superior to LW since he has one more Fireball hence a higher draw rate which is true. Now if you compare HH to Ogre Mage you would find many to be in favor of HH due to higher attack power, but the real issue is that many don't see the use in the cost efficient cards. I do remember some players saying when Templar was first released was that he was better because he had an extra Retribution and extra Holy Strikes.

I see the problem with the outlook is that Stronger cards equal stronger characters, but most don't realize that energy efficiency is the better outlook in most cases if you want a balanced deck. Adding strong special cards would help against opponents that shield a lot like Barbarian, but even so relying on high costing damage cards really would cost you the match.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 267
7/19/2013 19:23:08   
JJ55$

@Mondez Is that in order from best to worst(or rather, least best)?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 268
7/19/2013 19:26:33   
Mondez

@JJ55$
My current bests that I play with because of their deck efficiency.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 269
7/19/2013 21:02:05   
Jmagician

@TheSage: It isn't an opinion, is is a fact.

Drawing power is a highly integral part of what makes a character. Not a lot of people realize this apparently.
AQW  Post #: 270
7/20/2013 7:08:24   
daichi

Good morning once again fellow OS'ers.

started today strong by finding necrosis.

however he eludes my grasp still. ( but he has learned to fear me)

better luck next time I hope.

DF AQW  Post #: 271
7/20/2013 8:01:16   
DarkLore

After much slacking off I finally have every current version of all the starter characters! Apprentice, Veteran, and Master!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 272
7/20/2013 8:43:38   
Leader
Unrequited

That must have taken some time DarkLore, hope it was worth it.

Today I shall try evolve Princess Aegea and Light Guardian. I'm falling behind in the Gold department and having those two evolve would help me out greatly. I also need to get up to date with the new characters ~ I'll start with Infernal Fiend. I'm looking forward to playing Aqueous though! Maybe I should set my self a Gold target?
Post #: 273
7/20/2013 8:50:32   
Vagaran

I guess I'll go search for the Infernal Fiend, got nothing to do anyway, gotta lv up Dreadfiend aswell.
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 274
7/20/2013 9:31:33   
Char

Gratz Darklore! That seems a worthy achievement for the Darkness of Lore! :D

@Vagaran: Good Luck on the infernal fiend! :)

On some other topic: WetEye eludes me yet again. But mark my words, "I will Find him (In a totally non-painful way)"

< Message edited by Char -- 7/20/2013 9:32:39 >
Post #: 275
Page:   <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 128 - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 11 of 30«<910111213>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition