Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 129 - READ THE FIRST POST

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 129 - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 7 of 30«<56789>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/2/2013 17:25:26   
daichi

well, I bet the GQ will be grand...

On a side not. I hope earth CC is done next.

< Message edited by daichi -- 8/2/2013 17:27:51 >
DF AQW  Post #: 151
8/2/2013 17:45:32   
Cyber doom5

I had an uber rare encounter today and none of u will ever guess what it is

I'll give you a hint

It's a rarer sight then a wild poison drake
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 152
8/2/2013 18:09:39   
DarkLore

mishap? Weteye? Orc Rogue?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 153
8/2/2013 18:17:57   
The Jop

Nothing's rarer than the original Poison Drake; I didn't find it once when playing for months. I only saw it once the spawn rate was increased.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 154
8/2/2013 18:19:06   
Cyber doom5

I saw the elusive Mod

I saw Dmage in game

I forgot oversoul even had mods
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 155
8/2/2013 18:37:07   
the warden

Above: I saw him too lol and ikr
working on getting hex void to 15:) love this char so much
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 156
8/2/2013 20:15:55   
Mirai Hoshino

Looking over my character roster, I'd probably assign my current main characters as:

Ice: Frost Queen (legendary)
Light: Princess Aegea (master, working toward legendary upgrade)
Fire: Pyre Witch (master)
Water: Katana Zon (master)
Shadow: Witchblade (master)
Neutral: Sword Matron (master)
Earth: Earth Fairy (apprentice)
Energy: none

I'm detecting a weakness in my Earth element lineup. I do have characters who are a bit more powerful, but I like the Fairy better. Maybe next week's update will provide something interesting. I won't be able to afford new card packs for a long time, though, since I'm saving up for Aqueous, so I won't be able to beef up my Earth decks. I tend to doubt that new Earth characters will appeal to me, but you never know.
AQW  Post #: 157
8/2/2013 20:20:46   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@mirai EF is best earth character. Just get some Mountain Strikes on her with CC and maybe another Stone Wall and she'll be a floating brickhouse and faster Ice character
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 158
8/2/2013 20:26:22   
Mirai Hoshino

@ND Mallet

I agree, she's the best Earth, but the CC will have to wait. I don't like the idea of spending real money on gambling, and I want to save up my gold for Aqueous.
AQW  Post #: 159
8/2/2013 20:55:50   
The Jop

Taurus is the best earth character. Even if Earth Fairy is more cost efficient, Taurus can petrify her and kill her faster with his strong attacks. By cost efficient I mean she has cards that cost less, since Taurus' 500 attacks are actually more efficient than Earth Fairy's 100 attacks.

< Message edited by The Jop -- 8/2/2013 20:57:33 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 160
8/2/2013 21:04:12   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@jop But nothing beats pulling off several 5 hit combos in a single battle, even though they do hit less than 1k
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 161
8/2/2013 21:05:30   
Mirai Hoshino

@The Jop

Don't bring rationality into this. Taurus is a big hairy bull guy, thus by my standards he is inferior.
AQW  Post #: 162
8/2/2013 21:17:07   
Mondez

Nah, nothing hits harder than rock and the nothing beats the stone guardians of the labyrinth since they pull shields out faster than EF.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 163
8/2/2013 21:32:11   
Fallen Crest

Yeah, I never really understood why Earth characters are essentially a buffed Ice character.

-Mountain Strike is 2 less turns for 1 more charge. (Freeze is used properly on Ice when there is 2 turns left on shatter essentially)
-StoneWall is the same as IceWall
-Petrify is one turn, but does 500 damage, and costs less than Freeze.
-Crush is FREE, which makes both Ice Orb and Snow Orb look silly
-Both have a 500 damage unblockable.

< Message edited by Fallen Crest -- 8/2/2013 21:40:15 >
AQW  Post #: 164
8/2/2013 21:48:37   
Mondez

@Fallen
Both elements are totally different in terms of strategy. I can safely say FQ is stronger than Tauras non-CC wise plus Earth is actually balanced between offense and defense while ice is more defensive. Reason why Freeze costs more is because of the double turn skip. It would be boring if every element was the same card-wise because even if one seems more buff than the other doesn't mean they're the same, but different in terms of how the cards are used.

< Message edited by Mondez -- 8/2/2013 21:51:16 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 165
8/2/2013 21:56:49   
The Finnish Phoenix

Earth post-CC will destroy everything, it's gonna be all post-apocalyptic and ugly.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 166
8/2/2013 22:06:41   
Fallen Crest

quote:

It would be boring if every element was the same card-wise

They do have the same cards.
StoneWall = IceWall
Crush > Ice Orb + Snow Orb
Earth unblockable = Ice unblockable
Mountain Strike > Shatter
The only difference is Freeze which lasts another turn, which 2 Petrifys = 1000 Damage + Freeze (4+4+7 Charge = 15 Charge = 3 more charge, and three cards for Ice compared to Earth) for 12 charge.

And the only difference in playstyle is that Ice has to deal with Shatter being SO LONG TO CAST. Essentialy forcing the playstyle of Shield up, Stack Shatters, and wait until Shatter has 2 turns left and Use Freeze. People have time to react to Shatter compared to Mountain Strike (Unless Freeze is used).

Earth, being essentially a buffed Ice, doesn't have to worry about those problems, which makes them seem like a perfect balance. Ice is the slower version of Earth.

Also, Taurus being weaker than Frost Queen is debateable. I've beaten Kilio100 twice in a row with Taurus + Becks Cosoma.

< Message edited by Fallen Crest -- 8/2/2013 22:12:38 >
AQW  Post #: 167
8/2/2013 22:16:18   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

Here's the main difference between Earth and Ice that affects a good deal of the balance between the similar cards; Freeze. With Freeze, you have an extra turn to stack shields and thus are much more defensive than Earth. With those extra shields, you can get more damage with Ice and Snow Orb quicker, thus needing a cost on them. Shatter is twice as long because of Freeze. Freeze at the right time and the enemy can take over 2000 damage in a single turn with no way to counter it. Ice is much better at stacking shields. Very few Earth characters are anywhere as defensive as the average Ice character. An Ice character with Crush would probably be a huge threat in PvP
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 168
8/2/2013 22:34:22   
Fallen Crest

Frost Queen (Most offensive) has less shields than Taurus and Stone Knight. Cosoma Titan (Most Defensive) has 1 more Ice wall than Taurus. It's not a big difference defense-wise.
Ice only seems more defensive because of Shatter taking so long forces them to stall more. Earth doesn't need to because it's faster, which makes more attacks and less defense a better idea for them.

Ice Orb takes 2 turns to gain 10 charge, Snow Orb takes 1. No matter how much shield goes through, both are inefficient costing 1 or 2 more charge then the final product.
-Crush, used with any defensive card is efficient because it costs nothing. And takes no turns to gain charge because it costs nothing.
You can't tell me they deal more defensive damage than Earth.
Because they have similar defensive cards, Crush would be much more powerful and less situational than both Snow Orb and Ice Orb.

Earth is MUCH more offensive. Mountain Strike is shatter with two less turns.

The only difference is Freeze lasting 1 more turn. Comparitive to your 2 turns left on Shatter + Freeze scenario, a Earth character can cast 2 Mountain Strikes + Petrify while the other character needs to draw(Loses 1 turn, then uses 1 turn to draw = 2), essentially making the opponent have no time to counter the Mountain Strike.
Situational just like Freeze must be to be efficient and useful.

2 Petrifys (12 Charge for Earth) = Two 500 attacks + Freeze (15 Charge for Ice).

< Message edited by Fallen Crest -- 8/2/2013 22:43:22 >
AQW  Post #: 169
8/2/2013 22:51:41   
The Finnish Phoenix

Interestingly, when Stone Strike is queued they call it "Quake", I wonder if that might be a new card in the future.

quote:

Also, Taurus being weaker than Frost Queen is debateable. I've beaten Kilio100 twice in a row with Taurus + Becks Cosoma.

You, sir, are illmatic. And correct too, obviously.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 170
8/2/2013 23:04:54   
Mirai Hoshino

So. Does that mean that Earth should get a buffed version of Frostbite?
AQW  Post #: 171
8/2/2013 23:12:51   
the warden

anyone gotten hex void to 20 yet? or would i be the first?
im almost at 15 xd
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 172
8/2/2013 23:25:26   
kise2

@Above

Yes someone already has, I believe it was Necro though um not sure.

AQW Epic  Post #: 173
8/2/2013 23:25:29   
Fallen Crest

Necro Rouge has a level 20 Hex.
AQW  Post #: 174
8/2/2013 23:28:56   
the warden

aw:(
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 175
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 129 - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 7 of 30«<56789>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition