Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 134 - READ THE FIRST POST

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 134 - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 13 of 30«<1112131415>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/3/2013 8:58:59   
megakyle777

...Things that are currently in testing and will be seen As soon as possible? (Does not expect an answer)

But yeah that's always good news.
DF  Post #: 301
11/3/2013 9:04:10   
Asuka
AQW Designer of All Things

When it's ready.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 302
11/3/2013 9:05:56   
Megadragonknight

I am looking forward to the day when new artefacts are release and so is the elemental resistance.
Post #: 303
11/3/2013 9:08:34   
allenwalker888

Same MDK ... Hope they do it fast haha XD!!
AQW Epic  Post #: 304
11/3/2013 9:09:45   
megakyle777

Always good news, although NOW I'm wondering what it is and how it will work.

I'm gonna take a GUESS and go with stats, since the Combo Coming Soon bit mentions Damage Buffs and I would presume you need stats to make that work. If that IS the case (And I'm just saying if, I really have no clue and It's just a guess) make sure to tell the guys we don't want some namby pamby AQW solution. I WANT CUSTOMISABLE STATS DARNIT! NOTHING ELSE WILL SUFFICE.

...Anyway, rant over.

Still training my third Lycan to become Golden. Am I the only one who thinks the lycan before the three evos looks cooler then the evos for some reason? Yes? I will shut up then.

DF  Post #: 305
11/3/2013 9:12:13   
Megadragonknight

I am interested to see how the game balance and battle will be affected when ER is implemented. :D Still, i hope it will be quite easy to challenge against the AI even when they have elemental advantage but we will see how it work and we will test and comment if there is any improvement to make or if the testing is a success. I expect there will be some sort of disagreement and agreement with each other due to balance. Also, when we use the character and fight against the AI, we never know who we face against since its random especially at the world map central. Its early to say that though. xD
Post #: 306
11/3/2013 9:27:55   
legend knight

What about Grand Quest? I am looking forward to it! It was promised long ago to be release soon but i heard it will be release when OS beta testing end. I am hoping the new features will be added so we can test it out and ensure its a success, then OS can end beta testing and we can have the main storyline and Grand Quest! :D
Post #: 307
11/3/2013 9:30:03   
Megadragonknight

@legend
We are looking forward to it too! That's why we hope the new features will be implemented asap and then it will be like what you stated. :) The GQ is what everyone is looking forward to! Its going to be an exciting yet interesting release in the future. :D So we can look forward to that!
Post #: 308
11/3/2013 9:32:52   
legend knight

@MDK
Now that excite even more than ever!
Post #: 309
11/3/2013 9:37:46   
Megadragonknight

@legend
Hehe. I understand that feeling and i would fire up even more when the Grand Quest will be release in reality!
Post #: 310
11/3/2013 9:41:11   
dragon wrath

What im looking most forward to is elemental resistance.

Edit : I wish they had kept the AI tough

< Message edited by dragon wrath -- 11/3/2013 9:42:53 >
AQW  Post #: 311
11/3/2013 9:54:08   
kreem

@Megakyle

You seem a little negative today. Everything will happen and the game as whole will be balanced

I agree that it is taking too long but you can't rush perfection especially since all staff are working unimaginably hard on many projects.

I don't particularly care about how stats are implemented but I hope they are done AQ classic style or not implemented at all but I wouldn't care if it was done like AQW as long as it has more choices than AQW since I hate how there is too much of certain stats and not enough of others.

The grand quest is really exciting well quests altogether are driving me crazy, I can't wait until they add quests to make farming easier.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 312
11/3/2013 11:12:46   
legend knight

@Dragon Wrath
About making the AI tough, i don't think its already necessary since we got some tough AI like the boss and some other AI like Blood Ranger, Shadow Void and Flesh Void can give a good challenge. If the AI are tougher, then this will make farming for gold and level really hard. Free players will be even more frustrated and worse, rage quit since farming for gold and exp are already hard for them. So it would be wiser to keep it neutral but still not really too easy otherwise it will be too boring. At least the master and legendary rank AI can still give good challenge so it won't be too boring.

@kreem
I don't care about stats either. Beside, i don't see how stat in OS since its a card game and by meaning of card game, nothing must cause the ability/damage of the card to change due to stat. Also, the current battle system is really quite fine for me. With the addition of CC and then the combo bonus, not to mention the elemental resistance, i can't imagine how the battle system will work and if it will cause any balance issue.

The Grand Quest just sound like it will be very fun and exciting till it can excite us to maximum! :D
Post #: 313
11/3/2013 11:23:18   
Megadragonknight

Stats and Elemental resistance are now the top priority in new features. It must be implemented asap so we can get it to test it out. Oh yes, there is also the combo bonus too. Tell me if I left out other features.

About the stats by the way, I don't really think it is necessary to be added in OS since its an online card game where stats should not be implemented otherwise the cards' ability/effects would just be pointless since it can deal any random damages. Cards should deal based on the ability it possess, like for example, Earthquake deal 1200 damage, so if stat is implemented, if a player add STR to it, then the damage Earthquake deal will be even more than 1200 damages and it can be OP! The only thing stats can be implemented in OS would be luck where either player can have great chance to gain initiative. Other than that, the characters' HP and their cards' ability should not be altered due to stat.

After those new features are added, maybe OS can finally end beta testing then here comes the storyline and the long-awaiting GQ!
Post #: 314
11/3/2013 11:27:57   
BJEBLE

@Mega Honestly, I think that, for example, one STR point on one card increases Earthquake's by 1 damage.Therefore, the more you work, the more powerful you can become, and also increases the strategy so much so that you could have an increased shield limit, but are more susceptible to stuns or something like that.So to summarize, small changes over time, not one STR point=50 extra damage.Or you could make it that way, but it's extremely hard to get just one stat point.
DF  Post #: 315
11/3/2013 11:40:41   
Megadragonknight

@BJEBLE
I don't think this will work. I don't know how to explain it in detail. But I really feel that stat isn't really necessary in OS. We got CC, combo bonus and elemental resistance that will change the flow of the battle system. Beside, nulgath/warlic/rolith won't need to work extra hard on developing stats and not to mention they got even more stuff to do like other AE games.

I need to go off now. I will see you guys tomorrow. So long.
Post #: 316
11/3/2013 11:55:51   
megakyle777

I don't know if this is still the plan since it comes from a DN over a year ago, but:

quote:

Stats will determine your HP, Damage, Initiative, Critical Strike%, and Blocking%.
DF  Post #: 317
11/3/2013 12:05:32   
shaxi

So, any idea what the Void Knight evolution will be?
Skexis?
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 318
11/3/2013 12:10:17   
Pennocki_

void knight overlord
skexis matriach
those are my guesses

< Message edited by Pennocki_ -- 11/3/2013 12:11:03 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 319
11/3/2013 12:19:26   
kreem

Imagine getting all critical on a super charged and 4 attack card combo. You can go from full HP to none

Stats seem to be crazy since now it is simply damage minus opponent's shields. After beta there will be stats, accuracy , artifacts, resistances, switching characters, combo bonuses and criticals.

@Shaxi

Currently unconfirmed but there was that void knight rider that has nothing confirmed except there will be male and female. Answer:"forumers" don't know yet.

Hope I helped

Have a great day.

Edit

@below
Shaxi calls forumites "forumers" so I called us forumites "forumers"as some kind of inside joke.

< Message edited by kreem -- 11/3/2013 12:55:13 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 320
11/3/2013 12:40:47   
BJEBLE

@kreem usually we refer to ourselves as 'forumites' but 'forumers' is fine too .Anyways, back to training Lycan, this time to Frost instead of Gold.
DF  Post #: 321
11/3/2013 12:46:06   
Andlu

Back to my home! Maybe VK could have a sword pet like Nulgathd does
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 322
11/3/2013 13:44:27   
the warden

found lycan he wont come with me sigh, is it harder to catch him the second time?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 323
11/3/2013 15:29:26   
kreem

Nothing can affect possession and encounter rates ATM

Only if there were ways to make possessing characters easier. At least there will be artifacts that can make some things easier hopefully including possession rates so I can get father of time without SGs and lots of time farming and I still have to do lots of trainng once I possess him.

Even with artifacts nothing can change encounter rates except the spot which in father time's case is filled with shield raising and freezing ice characters.

< Message edited by kreem -- 11/3/2013 15:31:15 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 324
11/3/2013 15:34:46   
DeathGuard

@Kreem: I had rather not have artifacts that boost the possession rate. I had agree with encounters since it can be painful depending on how rare it is but possessing a character shouldn't be affected by artefacts.

@On topic: Would be interesting to see artefacts that made us encounter just characters of a certain element, would be really cool to hunt for characters of just a certain element without needing to encounter other elements in the way.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 325
Page:   <<   < prev  11 12 [13] 14 15   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 134 - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 13 of 30«<1112131415>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition