Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Oversoul Questions & Answers XII (Read the first post)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Oversoul Questions & Answers XII (Read the first post)
Page 17 of 29«<1516171819>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/15/2013 5:19:07   
Jacke21777

This is getting ridiculous. :c I mean, I've met every other spawn there at least fifteen times or more, including snow ninja and frost lycan; it's been hours. Not even engineer took this long.
Post #: 401
12/15/2013 15:06:33   
The Finnish Phoenix

^Are you at Grid M8 (Father Time's spawn location)? I saw a Cosoma there fairly recently and it didn't take too long, I was looking to capture Father Minute and happened to find it instead. Let it elude me though since I already have Titan.

quote:

So after leveling rebirth to around 17, I think that it is safe to say that having two iron hides on a fire character is too much. :I Every time the incinerate pops up with the neutralize, it is kinda annoying to have to make a conscious decision to either go for offense or defense. Despite it's "free-ness," predicting your opponents moves when they do not use DoTs or when they use stunning cards lowers the usefulness of iron hide. I wish it only had one, so that adding corruption would be a viable option. However, this can be solved with adding more fire DoTs with CC and so on. Mana guardian is miles above it in terms of offense; energize can always be used without worrying about offense/incinerate and can even take down light legendaries, despite their greater heals. It doesn't even need CC to work, in fact, its ideal without it.

I missed this earlier, sorry. ._.

Characters' offensive/defensive orientations are really nothing more than a matter of aesthetics. Whether Mana Guardian is miles above Void Rebirth in terms of offense doesn't have any bearing on whether it has a greater potential to win duels when it also happens to be miles below in terms of defense. The more important question is that of how many miles we're talking in each case. The fact that Fire characters typically occupy an offensive niche might make Mana Guardian a truer reflection of its element, but it doesn't make it better.

Mana Guardian isn't exactly user-friendly. You need 5 total cards to activate Chain Lightning (2 Attack Cards, 2 Energizes, and Chain Lightning) and Chain Lightning will often be drawn before it's ready, so even if you can pull it off, you're definitely compromising other offensive benefits you could've otherwise had without all the clutter and trouble involved in setting it up. Void Rebirth only needs to use 1 Iron Hide to justify Neutralize and buy what will usually be an extra turn's worth of time to burn your opponent. It's like taking the initiative by force. You can discard the other if it comes too early. Can Mana Guardian justify Energize with Arcs alone? Sometimes, but often it can't because Mana Guardian's low defense and the fact that you need an extra turn to activate Energize means that the Arcs won't have as much time to make a significant impact, especially if you're only activating 1 in hope that you'll get your second Energize and be able to pull off Chain Lightning (it's irritating at best that Chain Lightning isn't 12 energy).

As you mentioned, Mana Guardian is better off without CC's. I'm not sure whether you're under the impression that Mana Guardian's deck is so good that CC's bring the average down, but it's not the case, it's just a matter of incompatibility since it needs to use both its Energizes to justify being used over pure Fire characters. Void Rebirth's ability to make use of CC's doesn't mean its deck needs fixing, there's no character in the game whose average card is better than the best CC's available to it.

All that said, I do regard Void Rebirth as better than Mana Guardian.

< Message edited by The Finnish Phoenix -- 12/15/2013 15:07:17 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 402
12/15/2013 18:17:26   
Kiazz

I think jacke is asking for jack frost's location, as mentioned a page before; I've also been searching for it myself, to no avail. :c

Does fire really need extra turns? Fire Whirl costs 7 for 1200 over three turns with a max of two per turn, unlike the same situation with poison drake, where it can successfully stack poisons as an energy drain without having to rely on direct attacks. Mana guardian, unlike it, will gain the energy charges it needs for free offence in a much quicker period than the rebirth, with only one neutralize. Deck discard/rotarions and what not, with the problem being exacerbated by adding CC. Of course, it might be more helpful in the higher levels, but I still wouldn't count on it appearing more than once per battle. Also, with rebirth, you have to choose between incinerate and neutralize, which is extremely difficult when you don't have an iron hide on hand or no fire whirls. Rebirth is basically a fire character with added defence that will last around 4 more turns, more than enough for the three turns, and with risk attached to the neutralize use. It only has two shields without CC, anyhow. As soon as you get the lightning charges for mana, however, you know you can use it soon without having to choose between it and incinerate and without first having to apply a DoT; instant value for your discarding risk. I see where you're getting at though. A defensive fire character based on whirls would, indeed, be a formidable opponent, but I think that the mana guardian is easier to use with almost guaranteed results; in a 20v20 battle, you will likely be able to use chain lightning once, added with the turn advantage you gain by not charging to 19. The 1500 is free insanity, added to the already-going power of fire whirls, which, like I said, consumes your charges effectively, even if they were to be used alone.

Also, I never said that rebirth void's deck needed fixing, I said that I would have preferred it to have only one native iron hide. It would allow more flexibility with stuff such as adding corruption or reduce the amount to 14 cards, making neutralize more likely. You would have be able to CC in an extra hide if need be; versatility. Taking away that extra arc would have the same effect on mana guardian, I suppose. I'm "under the impression" that discarding cards in a cycle would allow me to gain needed cards more quickly; that is, to say, in this case, gaining the energizes, fire whirls, chain lightning, and defends. For rebirth, adding a full CC works better due to the lower reliance on neutralize, as it doesn't do damage either way; like you said, it's there for "taking initiative by force." Without DoTs, though, what good is that? Therefore CC would be ideal for rebirth, and thus not as good for people without the essential ones, such as fire whirls or incinerate.

With that being said, I think that mana guardian is as effective as rebirth, if not more so, but in their own specialized fields. ...However, rebirth is, indeed, prettier.

Edit: Deleted repeating stuff.

< Message edited by Kiazz -- 12/15/2013 22:25:08 >
Post #: 403
12/16/2013 5:18:39   
Jacke21777

Am I in the wrong area?
Post #: 404
12/16/2013 5:29:17   
AQisFuN
Banned

Who's better? HHM or Overfiend Blade? I have HHM but I'm thinking of getting Overfiend Blade...
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 405
12/16/2013 5:40:42   
The Jop

Overfiend Blade isn't really special enough to be better than other fire characters, so I'd take Headless Horseman over it.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 406
12/16/2013 7:08:47   
Kiazz

@ jacke *bump* Ikr? I'm not actually sure if anyone has actually seen a jack in the wild this year; we're in the same boat. :c
Post #: 407
12/16/2013 7:11:50   
Megadragonknight

Jack Frost can be found anywhere at the North. Its difficult to encounter which is a problem since Jack Frost wasn't that hard to encounter last year.
Post #: 408
12/16/2013 7:13:26   
Kiazz

Anywhere, huh? Just not in snowy forest?
Post #: 409
12/16/2013 7:19:43   
Megadragonknight

quote:

Jack is in the north map and can be found in any and all forests (not just 1 specific spot but anywhere that is a forest on the north map

That's the quote from Sage. So yes, he can be found anywhere only at North Map.
Post #: 410
12/16/2013 7:41:45   
Assassin01

Do I need SGs to evolve the Taurus that costs 50k gold?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 411
12/16/2013 7:42:31   
Megadragonknight

@Assassin
Yes, you need SG to evolve Minotaur to Taurus.
Post #: 412
12/16/2013 7:44:13   
Assassin01

Thanks for the quick reply!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 413
12/16/2013 8:15:39   
The Death Angel

After playing Void Champion for a bit, there is something I've been confused about. I truly don't understand the synergy between his cards.
He has 2x Mark of Death and 2x Poisons, but a single Shield

He has lots of offensive cards however, such as Shadow fire and 500's and 200's + 1 blood rage.

I could of course get shield CC cards, but I'm confused about his actual role. Offensive, or dotter? Seems to lack defensive for Dotting
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 414
12/16/2013 8:22:41   
Kiazz

After using abomination, a close match, I can safely say that these cards are meant to DoT without shields. It only needs 4, as MoDs are near-instant with two turns, and poison does damage every turn for the entire duration. The offensive cards of blood rage/sacrifice/etc. compliment the deck by being used as low cost finishers, after you have expended your energy on the DoTs, that is. It's not made for long term DoT, rather, they're used as compliments to the hardy normal attacks.
Post #: 415
12/16/2013 8:39:07   
Megadragonknight

Do note both Void Champion and Abomination have almost exact same deck with the exception of Abomination not having Blood Rage but extra shield which Void Champion don't have. Void Champion's role is mainly on offense and dealing lots of damage to end the battle quicker while losing some HP. Its risky so it need to be use wisely. Abomination is the same except its slightly more defensive than Void Champion. Their main weakness is the lack of Life Drain which won't help them survive long battle but of course, with CC Life Drain, it won't be a problem but Abomination and Void Champion's deck are pretty cost effective to deal lots of damage unlike Cyber Void who don't need lots of shadow energy to deal heavy damages because he have Supercharged to boost up all attack cards plus with shadowfire backing even if it won't be boosted anymore when Supercharged is fix but it still provide backup.
Post #: 416
12/16/2013 9:07:19   
The Death Angel

I can see the way in which MoD would work with the deck, but the poisons don't make much sense to me. 4 rounds of 300 damage at a cost of 6 would imply that you have to have a drawn out match, which normally means the opponent gets time to do whatever. With the lack of sustain and shields, it doesn't make a ton of sense to me to use the poison, though it definently applies a good pressure on the opponent, but most elements other than Shadow have some sort of defensive which negates the poison to some extent (eg. shields, heals, Crowd Control like stuns)

With the lack of sustain and defense I'd like to finish the fight as quickly as possible, and for the cost of poison and the duration of it, I'm not liking it too much. Do note I'm only lvl 8 with Void Champ atm, and it might make more sense when the opponent is lvl 20 with 5.1k hp. Mark of Death is something I've grown to love with my Void Knight/Void Champ, especially if I can apply a double MoD. I used to try and rock with a triple MoD deck as Void Knight as it had 2 shields and some good 500's and 200's.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 417
12/16/2013 15:08:21   
Fuyuzora

Has now anyone found Jack this season?
I have now over 50 trys on the spot, but he still didnt show up.
Post #: 418
12/16/2013 15:18:31   
Beck

He might be only in the shop this year; that's how it was with Revonthurkey.

Edit: Nevermind, Sage confirmed that he is in the Forest, just at a really, really low spawn rate.

< Message edited by Beck -- 12/16/2013 15:20:44 >
AQW  Post #: 419
12/16/2013 15:25:45   
Fuyuzora

Thanks.

Ehm...who exactly is Sage?
Post #: 420
12/16/2013 15:32:40   
DeathGuard

Sage is an OS tester.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 421
12/16/2013 16:26:10   
The Finnish Phoenix

quote:

Does fire really need extra turns?

They can help.

quote:

It would allow more flexibility with stuff such as adding corruption or reduce the amount to 14 cards, making neutralize more likely.

Corruption wouldn't be as good anyways imo since you wouldn't have the defense for your DoTs to last.

quote:

lso, with rebirth, you have to choose between incinerate and neutralize, which is extremely difficult when you don't have an iron hide on hand or no fire whirls.

You can actually use both at the same time (and provided you have a 500 in your hand it's not even that bad to unless you have 16+ energy), but admittedly they do conflict with eachother. I don't see it as being that much of a problem though since it only has 1 Incinerate and 1 Neutralize. The Fire Masters with 2 Incinerates did fine even though they could only use 1 per hand and there were times they'd draw both.

< Message edited by The Finnish Phoenix -- 12/16/2013 16:36:51 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 422
12/16/2013 22:24:14   
allenwalker888

Buying any soul gem package gets u the void rebirth right?
AQW Epic  Post #: 423
12/16/2013 22:28:08   
Kaiofsouls20

@allenwalker Yup. Just any SG package.
MQ AQW  Post #: 424
12/16/2013 22:34:56   
allenwalker888

Is it possible to have more than one master/vet of a char?
AQW Epic  Post #: 425
Page:   <<   < prev  15 16 [17] 18 19   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Oversoul Questions & Answers XII (Read the first post)
Page 17 of 29«<1516171819>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition