Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 139 - READ THE FIRST POST

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 139 - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 6 of 29«<45678>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/15/2014 11:51:54   
Trollok!!!

Yeah character bio sounds too plain to me :). And Item Description is hardly befitting. Soul Analysis is the way to go :D

< Message edited by Trollok!!! -- 1/15/2014 11:54:36 >
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 126
1/15/2014 11:57:45   
Megadragonknight

Nulgath have more important stuff that is necessary for OS such as the features. Character Bios would be minor priority for him but I think once Nulgath have time, he probably will work on some characters' background story. Characters' background story is interesting but not a major stuff for OS.
Post #: 127
1/15/2014 12:02:57   
Trollok!!!

^On the contrary I think character bios are very important. If the game is to develop any storyline, we would need insight into the souls we possess to glean their significance (In particular I'm thinking characters like the Voids, or the Orcs and Ogres who seem to be developing their own little story arc). Not to mention Oversoul is severely lacking in the story department. While I like the character releases due to their immaculate art, I feel Oversoul needs story elements more than anything at this point. Even gameplay, a feature some would say is lacking, has received more attention. Sure we don't have a wide array of Artifacts, stats, or the ability to switch characters, but we do have Combo bonuses now and we also have Card Customization. Story elements are what I feel need work. Of course, it's just my personal opinion and I appreciate how the Oversoul team releases anything given the circumstances of lesser manpower due to Battle Gems.

< Message edited by Trollok!!! -- 1/15/2014 12:06:02 >
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 128
1/15/2014 15:14:12   
Vagaran

@Mega
He can always get some help from Diligaf/Klunk/Rev if he needs it.

@Trollok
IMO story elements should be on delay until all the main features are in place, so we can take advantage of the main features in the storyline.
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 129
1/15/2014 17:03:53   
Agaraoth2

Necrosis is a extremely IMHO hard character for me to use attack wise but if i'm focusing on dots he's a monster of a shadow character and @above OS team is very small compared to other AE projects.

< Message edited by Agaraoth2 -- 1/15/2014 17:05:00 >
AQW  Post #: 130
1/15/2014 17:29:52   
GuardMouse

quote:

Necrosis is a extremely IMHO hard character for me to use attack wise

True, but that's what makes him unique 8D The hardest thing about using him is the first couple levels, they always defeat you before your DoT can finish them off, but he's really good at higher levels, aswell as super fun.
quote:

OS team is very small compared to other AE projects.

OS is still a developing game, and there's no doubt they'll be able to get more Staff members when they need, especially from such a wonderful community :]
AQW  Post #: 131
1/15/2014 17:35:18   
Andlu

@Agaraoth I'm pretty sure Vaga may know that. But I think characters bios could be delayed while main freatures wouldn't be good to do so.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 132
1/15/2014 17:37:10   
Agaraoth2

@Guardmouse i hope some of us can join and assist them in building the game quicker.

< Message edited by Agaraoth2 -- 1/15/2014 17:40:24 >
AQW  Post #: 133
1/15/2014 18:08:04   
GuardMouse

quote:

i hope some of us can join and assist them in building the game quicker.

Of course being Game Staff and helping with the game would be nice, but sadly some of us aren't that lucky xD
AQW  Post #: 134
1/15/2014 22:29:43   
Beck

Did anyone check out Warlic's most recent bug fix update? Multi-character HP desyncs are fixed! And apparently there should be less battle desyncs, zombie-ing at 0HP, and faster speeds at Best Quality. It'd be cool if some of you guys check that, while you're playing. That'd be a pretty good and useful feedback.
AQW  Post #: 135
1/15/2014 22:56:50   
BJEBLE

@Beck I'm not sure how slow the animations were at the best quality before, but the speed is pretty close to that of high quality. So I think that Warlic did a pretty good job.
DF  Post #: 136
1/15/2014 22:59:11   
the warden

anyone seen whats on the dns?
dragonfiend varient and a nulgath armor with female and male versions xd
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 137
1/16/2014 0:47:58   
Kiazz

Where can you read about Warlic's updates? Is there a specific page in the OS page? Or is it all on twitter?
Post #: 138
1/16/2014 1:15:19   
Axel459
The Void Calls

@Kiazz You can read about them here.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 139
1/16/2014 1:36:56   
clintonian

so just found this guy after about 5 days of hunting and uggh...
Post #: 140
1/16/2014 1:45:14   
BJEBLE

@Clintonian Retribution a Rainbowtheus?Odd, I remember someone saying they had like 5 shields on it and it worked pretty well. Well Gentleman is still not as rare as Wet-Eye for me.
DF  Post #: 141
1/16/2014 2:18:05   
The Death Angel

I guess retribution is also just for quickly killing off AI's, though Retribution is generally pretty awesome.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 142
1/16/2014 2:23:03   
Megadragonknight

Speaking of CC Retribution , i still so need to get CC Light, Water and Earth.
Post #: 143
1/16/2014 3:25:00   
Kiazz

@Axel Thanks.

Weteye was insanely easy, for me, compared to gentleman. I could catch him for free within hours, while gentleman took 4-5 days for an encounter.
Post #: 144
1/16/2014 3:37:27   
Megadragonknight

Unlike Weteye, Gentleman can make a players' mind go crazy since i never took 4-6 days to encounter a character.
Post #: 145
1/16/2014 3:46:56   
megakyle777

MDK:
quote:

Nulgath have more important stuff that is necessary for OS such as the features. Character Bios would be minor priority for him but I think once Nulgath have time, he probably will work on some characters' background story. Characters' background story is interesting but not a major stuff for OS.

I utterly disagree. In fact, I think it a VERY important factor and will list why:

Point 1: talking points.

Let's look at Pokemon for a minuite. A good part of the discussion about Pokemon can come from the descriptions of the pokemon. You ever read Marowak's reason why he wears a skull? It's both freaky and depressing, and makes for a good talking point. In AQ alone, many topics of discussion have arisen from tidbits found in monster bios, about the world of the game.

Point 2: World building

Many a good idea have risen from such discussion. For example, let us say that we talk about the bio of Dragonfeind Rider, which says something like these void knights adapt to capture dragons. We start talking about if Void Knights can adapt to other situations. Nulgath sees this, and bam, Void Knights can adapt into many forms. Thus it adds to the world and enriches it.
DF  Post #: 146
1/16/2014 3:49:36   
Megadragonknight

I will talk about this topic once i reach home very soon.
Post #: 147
1/16/2014 4:37:37   
The Death Angel

@Megakyle: Bios would be a nice thing to have, and added storyline to Oversoul is something I'm looking forward to
but there are too many missing features for me to justify adding bio for all characters just yet. We're getting updates a bit more consistently these days compared to like a month ago
but the updates are still minor.

Once Grand Quest gets released, I expect nothing less but an epic storyline introduction and perhaps bios on almost every character, if not every character.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 148
1/16/2014 5:21:12   
Megadragonknight

Ok, just reached home.
@megakyle
True and its not that I mean character bios is not to be added in OS or being so minor. I mean that Nulgath recently had been too busy with so many stuff such as Battle Gem, OS releases and for future features to be added in order to advance OS's game system. Due to those, Character Bios would be a minor priority to Nulgath currently. Also, there are more than 200 characters that don't have their bios so it would take time for Nulgath to complete it. For the Bios not being a major stuff in OS, I apologise for stating it wrongly due to thoughts about my previous points about Nulgath being too busy and I didn't bother correcting it. Ignore that sentence.
Post #: 149
1/16/2014 5:43:28   
AQisFuN
Banned

Oh my god...just found Time Gentlemen!!! I'm happy now!
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 139 - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 6 of 29«<45678>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition