Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: The Elemental Plane Record

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> DragonFable Art Gallery >> RE: The Elemental Plane Record
Page 3 of 6«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/15/2015 15:19:27   
LigerBeard

Comment if you want to give him a hug!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 51
3/20/2015 20:52:06   
LigerBeard

Graahhhhh!!! I still can't decide my design!!!

Yeah, I know I said that I'd keep the murk, but you see I have this thing to where I have a terribly hard time making up my mind!

But don't worry! Eventually my mind will be made up, and I'll finally have my character design done.

In the meantime, I was thinking of doing some other things in here in between personal character designs. I'll also try to make some stuff using Adobe Illustrator once I learn more about it!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 52
3/24/2015 12:53:11   
LigerBeard

Alright, guys. So I was thinking of possibly taking requests for class ideas, but I'm not entirely sure whether or not I could take them all.
So here's the question: Do you guys think that it would be a good idea for me to take requests for class ideas?

Edit: Also, if nobody answers, I'll take it as a no.

< Message edited by LigerBeard -- 3/24/2015 12:54:14 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 53
3/26/2015 18:52:18   
LigerBeard

Well, no answers. Guess that's a no then.

Back to character designs.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 54
4/26/2015 13:03:46   
LigerBeard

Alright, so I was trying to come up with a new design for my personal character for a while now, and I recently managed to have an epiphany.

So without further ado, I present to you Sir Jonah, The Grey Mage!

If you get the joke, thumbs up to you!

If you don't, here's a hint: If you think about it too hard, you won't get it.

Edit: Oh and by the way, I haven't had any comments in a while on my art, so if you like it, please don't hesitate to say so, and if you have any critiques, please don't hesitate to give them! They really help!

< Message edited by LigerBeard -- 4/26/2015 13:11:29 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 55
4/26/2015 14:39:43   
flashbang

Sorry for not seeing this earlier, but yes, I think you could do class designs.

And I do like the Gray Mage, it looks like a little kid in poverty, makes me feel for him.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 56
5/17/2015 19:25:28   
LigerBeard

Quick question: Do you guys think that this would be a good new design for my character?

(I'm asking because it used to be my OS version of Death. But I love it so much that I thought it could work for my DF personal character!)

Scratch that, might be a bad idea.

...Back to class designs!

< Message edited by LigerBeard -- 5/17/2015 19:44:22 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 57
6/11/2015 19:37:09   
LigerBeard

Alright I have bad news and good news!

The Bad News: I still haven't entirely figured out my DF character design

The Good News: I've finally come to the realization of what I want for my DF character.

You see, the only personal character that I'm completely satisfied with so far is Bloody for OverSoul. But luckily, I've finally figured out why: Because he's basically a bad-a version of myself! So therefore, all I have to do is make another bad-a version of myself for DF, then I'll have my character!!

As soon as I finally get it, I'll post it here for you all to see!

Wish me luck!

Edit: Scratch that. After careful thinking, I think that I might just keep the Grey Mage design after all! However, I might end up tweaking the abilities of it from time to time just to keep it interesting. Also, might possibly add a weapon to him!

< Message edited by LigerBeard -- 6/20/2015 20:04:20 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 58
8/25/2015 20:43:59   
LigerBeard

Okay, so I think I have decided to keep my Grey Mage design for good! You may see the occasional update to his appearance, but I'm keeping the overall idea the same.

Also, quick question: Do you guys think I should have more faith in myself?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 59
8/26/2015 6:28:15   
Tables

@Liger Yeah, definitely! Your designs are pretty good, i think with enough practice you could go very far! :) I'm interested in seeing what else you have! Sir Jonah always looks real sad though.
DF  Post #: 60
8/26/2015 7:03:58   
Rayen
Constructively Discussional!

Congratulations! I think it's great that you've settled on a design for Sir Jonah! I look forward to seeing how he evolves with you as your art style changes over time ^_^

It does seem a shame to lose all of the creative ideas you've had for Sir Jonah previously, so perhaps you could use those concepts for different characters that Sir Jonah meets on his adventures? Some of them might even work for evil characters. Just an idea I had.

I definitely think you should have faith in yourself. You obviously have enough faith in your abilities that you've decided to share your art with the rest of us here. It's obvious that you have a strong imagination and are able to translate your ideas into art, which is an admirable skill! The only thing left for you to do is to practice your art more. Don't be afraid to experiment or read books about art or watch tutorials. Anything you can do to develop yourself will make a big difference in the long run. There's always more to learn and try out when it comes to art, which is why, if you don't think you have enough faith in yourself currently, you should definitely not be afraid to work hard to gain that faith ;)

Best of luck and I look forward to seeing what you post next, as always!
AQ DF  Post #: 61
8/26/2015 9:11:29   
Subon

quote:

Also, quick question: Do you guys think I should have more faith in myself?

What kinda question is that? Of course you should have faith in yourself. I'm not sure if more than you already do, since you don't seem desperete or anything.

And if you're worried about not getting many comments don't worry about it, because you're not the only one, ugh, seriously, nobody except you even comments on my stuff anymore! as long as you're still improving, if people notice it or not hardly matters.

Just one thing, you should probably put everything on your 1st post. Having it scattered around like this isn't really appealing.

< Message edited by Subon -- 8/26/2015 9:13:13 >
Post #: 62
8/31/2015 9:58:44   
LigerBeard

@Tables, Rayen, and Subon: Thank you guys for your kind words! It really helped restore my confidence!

Anyway, I was going to try doing some antagonist DF OCs. Thoughts?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 63
8/31/2015 20:22:42   
flashbang

Yes. I'd think it'd be a great way to improve your art if you made antagonists.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 64
9/3/2015 21:32:03   
apielang

@Flashbang yeah it may be work.
@Ligerbeard hiyas, sorry i never post a thing in your gallery until now. The most i like from you is the consept of your character, even is still rough but i can see "WOW" thing inside it. Continuing in practice and drawing will make you better. If you continue practicing and drawing you will be able to be like profesional artist, because effort is directly proportional to the results, more effort you more result you have :D. And Seriously i like the description you have in your character.

Df Animaton Style \,/
Legendary Hero : The Last Rage Series
Check it out !
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 65
10/20/2015 19:16:25   
LigerBeard

Alright, sorry for the lack of posts here. I've kind of lost my groove a little bit creatively. However, I've made something very important for my character Sir Jonah's design: Information on his class! Let me know what you think.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 66
11/15/2015 15:38:55   
LigerBeard

Okay, so I know this is going to annoy you guys: I've decided to change Sir Jonah's design.

You see, I've been dissatisfied with his design for a while now, and I've simply decided that I'm going to try again on it.

But it's not all bad news: I may have a new direction I can use! Since my favorite class is ChronoZ, I've decided to make a time-based class for Sir Jonah!

I'll post it when it's done!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 67
11/19/2015 16:01:45   
LigerBeard

Okay, so slight change of plans! I think I now have a perfect direction to go in!

But 1st, a question for you all. What classes would fit the adventurer archetype?

(Or am I right to assume that they all would fit?)

Also, check out my new signature!

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 68
11/22/2015 14:18:23   
Monty34

Cool signature! Definitely a brilliant summarisation of a adventurer.
I would assume that on an adventure style game any one of the classes would be an adventurer, although of course some of them look the part more than others :)
DF  Post #: 69
11/25/2015 16:21:21   
LigerBeard

@Monty34: Thanks! I got it from an RPG class personality quiz.

Anyway, I think I have a fun idea for all DF forum artists(including myself, of course).

I present: The DF Element-Based Class Challenge!

The rules are simple: Make up a class for every element in DF!

Here's a list for whoever needs it:

1. Wind
2. Darkness
3. Nature
4. Stone
5. Water
6. Good
7. Evil
8. Ebil
9. Light
10. Fire
11. Ice
12. Energy
13. Metal
14. Bacon
15. Disease
16. Poison
17. Silver
18. ???
19. None
20. Fear

Of course, as stated above, I myself will be doing this challenge, since I need to make a class for my personal character anyway!

I hope some of you will do this challenge as well! I'd love to see what you guys come up with!

Edit: Also let me know if I missed an element in DF, and I'll add it to the list!

2nd Edit: @W.A.R.Z: I just added them. Thanks! Also, could you show me an example of Curse as an element?

I also added Fear, just in case it counts. I've seen it before, along with the others, so I think it does.

< Message edited by LigerBeard -- 11/25/2015 18:44:35 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 70
11/25/2015 16:33:45   
W.A.R.Z.

^ ???, Ebil, Curse, None (if you consider none an element)
Wood got merged with Nature - now there's only nature.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 71
1/9/2016 19:48:09   
LigerBeard

Alright, so after a lot of thought, I think I've decided to just keep the Grey Mage design for Sir Jonah.

I might try writing some possible backstories for him, and see where it goes.

Sorry for all of the trouble caused by my indecisiveness.

Edit: Also, if you want more details of why I decided to keep the Grey Mage design, just pm me!

< Message edited by LigerBeard -- 1/9/2016 19:49:40 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 72
1/17/2016 20:04:09   
dark garuda

Not much of an artist, personally, but do have fun with it - that challenge admittedly sounds pretty cool, so I might just give it a shot with an element or two myself!

As for your question as to when Curse gets used, heh...

...Well, my favourite pet, my Cherry Ghost Tog (I call him Phil Toggart) deals either Fire or Curse damage; I daresay all of the ghost togs do. Its symbol is the Darkness skull symbol on top of the emblem for mana-recovery skills, both of them tinted blue.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 73
2/1/2016 15:05:47   
LigerBeard

@dark garuda: Thank you!

Anywho, I have decided to try to make a new design for my DF personal character, Sir Jonah. I understand if this is frustrating for any of you, and, quite frankly, it's a little frustrating for me too.

But it's not all bad news! I decided to go ahead with the class challenge I made up.

But before I do that, I thought I'd od a mini-challenge for myself to see if I can do the full thing.

I call it; The OFF Element-Based class challenge!

My goal is simple: Make a DF class design based off of all five elements from the game OFF!

If you wish to do it along with me, here they are in order:

1. Smoke
2. Metal
3. Plastic
4. Meat
5. Sugar

More info on the elements of OFF can be found here!

Well, wish me luck!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 74
2/4/2016 11:40:04   
LigerBeard

Alright, so I found something online that I have to share with you guys. It's on Tumblr and it's called Offbeat-Classes

Check it out!

Now, why am I telling you this? Because I had made some fanart for them of one of the classes they made, and I liked it so much, I decided to show it ot you guys!

So without further ado, here's Sir Jonah, The Fashion Ninja

Depending on how much you guys like it, I may make it my character design.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> DragonFable Art Gallery >> RE: The Elemental Plane Record
Page 3 of 6«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition