Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 145 - Read the first post!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 145 - Read the first post!
Page 14 of 31«<1213141516>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/30/2014 22:40:13   
Gorillo Titan

I didn't mean for it sound like they are the strongest I was going for each element had a great god which represented the element such as the frost goddess whose power is the winter.

Also it would only make sense for them to be crazy strong.

Also speaking on powerful characters its kind of hard to make a very powerful card in this game without people revolting similar to Xmas elf.

2 vs 2 would be more strategy based motivating people to use more deff cards instead of attack to be less vulnerable.

Post #: 326
4/30/2014 22:55:30   
DidYouKnowThat

@Titan: A "great god" for each element. . . . . No . .. sorry but just no, though that's just my opinion so don't get offended.
I'll say it again, viewing it as some sort of in-game "god" would still give people the idea that it indeed is the strongest.
Furthermore, are you referring to more of a mascot? Because if so, then making it crazy strong shouldn't be a given. Never should that be a given.
If it's a mascot, I won't be looking for power really. I'd also look for its storyline, how it fits in the game. I wouldn't like something to represent an element just by cards. Yuck.
Besides, lets take Pokémon for instance. "Arceus" the god pokemon whatever. Heck, I doubt it can hold its own against prankster Sableye. LOL. (unless pixel plate or something)

It's not the individual cards itself that made Elf OP, it was the combination of cards. Shatter, Ice wall, and Heal are not OP. If you put them together it is OP.

Also for 2v2, shield or not, you'd still aim for one person only to take them out ASAP. Then it's 2v1 and the deal is sealed except for very rare occasions, like a SG-buyer with a bunch of broken Artifacts and CC's. LOL.
Post #: 327
4/30/2014 23:58:22   
Gorillo Titan

Anything is OP if you put the right CC on.

AE lore has god for each element already all AE store are part of the same lore meaning they have gods in each universe its up to nuglith to put them in game though.

I like 2 vs 2 good pvp players will learn to deal with the obstacles you saying 2 vs 1 is very similar to people who complain about going first in a duel vs going second.
Post #: 328
5/1/2014 0:12:46   
DidYouKnowThat

"Anything is OP if you put the right CC's on." . . . .
What's the point of this. . . .Lol. . . .

Well I'm not THAT crazy about AE Lore, you'll have to forgive me on that. Can you give me a link or something, anything. . .I want to read more on those AE gods. Sounds interesting.

2 vs 1 is not the same as going 1st or 2nd in a duel. I'm sorry, but seriously man? This ain't no Epic Duel anyway. I'd say hold off on 2v2.
Instead, get all the basics in, all t he artifacts, quests, weaknesses, and pets. Then we'll see how PvP will go. And then maybe Nulgath can start
on the idea of 2v2, creating new cards, artifacts, etc. Also maybe new rules as well. Slapping a 2v2 right away is just plain ridiculous and could be made MUCH better.
I know everything can be made "better," but seriously, 2v2 while Oversoul is this underdeveloped man. . . . 2v2 won't be at its full potential.

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 5/1/2014 0:13:12 >
Post #: 329
5/1/2014 0:45:46   
clintonian

Any feature would be darn fine with me now. I say put in 2vs2 as this will encourage more pvp play and teamwork and more chat in solace god...
Post #: 330
5/1/2014 0:47:00   
DidYouKnowThat

You know what will encourage more people. . . . ? An in-battle chat, a storyline, some quests, elemental weaknesses, character switching, pets, and so much more.
And especially Nulgath updating us about how Oversoul is going, and will do in the future.

(edit) Point was there are many more ways, and effective ways, to gain more people in Oversoul other than 2v2 pvp. Before we dwell into 2v2 PvP, why don't we try to perfect 1v1 PvP first?
I know nothing can be perfect, which is why I said TRY. Besides, 1v1 PvP isn't even at its fullest yet, it's barely at its fullest. So why advance it even more? It's like what AE messed up on, making more things without
working on what they had then, and ultimately having too much to work on and must let things go on "hiatus" or in other words die.

Even if we did add 2v2 PvP, the way I see it would be it as a temporary solution anyway, not that it is the only one of course.

Besides, the teamwork in a current 2v2 PvP would be blind. There is no chat. See what I mean? There are things that must be done before we add 2v2 pvp. It must be prepared for.

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 5/1/2014 0:55:45 >
Post #: 331
5/1/2014 1:16:24   
clintonian

2vs2 I think would work like one person generally attacks and the other supports so I doubt we would need chat in battle as honestly duels would be a lot longer.
Post #: 332
5/1/2014 1:22:27   
Blackshock

but I think chat would be necessary in a team fight as it makes coordinating with your partner much easier.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 333
5/1/2014 1:24:27   
DidYouKnowThat

You're imagining a perfect scenario, where one person automatically goes on the supportive/defensive while the other goes on the offensive. Things don't work that way.

No chat? You can't tell your partner "Don't worry dude, I'll go on the offensive. After all, you're using a Barbarian, while I'm using a Void Knight. We'll do better if we work that way."

Or something of that nature. Something like "I'll stun the guy on the right, so no need to worry about him for 2-3 turns. We can take this chance to set-up, make a kill, or go for the un-stunned guy without
any worrying! :)"

Thing is, 2v2 ain't ready. Though I don't blame people for suggesting it, Oversoul is pretty dead.

(edit) Blackshock released his inner-ninja. Too powerful.
Post #: 334
5/1/2014 1:25:24   
Gorillo Titan

Dude I've never said 2 vs 2 should come before artifacts I said I would like it as a feature put in game I am just suggesting ideas I would like to see in the game at a later date.
Post #: 335
5/1/2014 1:29:14   
DidYouKnowThat

I was talking to Clintonian about that. My previous post was not directed towards you. Your "argument" was a bit different, no?

When he typed in "Any feature would be darn fine with me now." I assumed he wouldn't care if it were implemented NOW, so I was talking about why it was so bad implementing it right now.

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 5/1/2014 1:30:44 >
Post #: 336
5/1/2014 1:32:33   
clintonian

I really wanna see how nulgath does 2vs2 though cause the ganging up on one player won't work it would have to be like pokemon to work like that OR you have a different set of cards just made specifically for team battles.
Post #: 337
5/1/2014 1:35:44   
DidYouKnowThat

@Clintonian: See? That's why, what you posted is the reason why I'd like Nulgath's IP problem to be gone already. I as well want to be updated with information on Oversoul.
Exactly, "OR you have a different set of cards just made specifically for team battles. " Oversoul still needs to develop a ton before something like 2v2 could be implemented.

And in 2v2, ganging up on one person would work. . . not sure where you're trying to get at. In a 2v2, lets say PlayerA and Player B are team. Player C and Player D are team.
Player A can attack both C/D. Player B can attack both C/D. Can not both Player A and B target Player C together, eliminating him ASAP, and then sweep Player D ASAP?
It all matters on which team loses their partner first sort of.

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 5/1/2014 1:37:08 >
Post #: 338
5/1/2014 1:57:54   
clintonian

@DYNKT by ganging up I mean 2 players attacking 1 player as u stated there, but its not like both players on a team would be in the duel at the same time. Its like switch in like in street fighter, so that's why I think 1 player on a team would be like a support example: player 1 on team just normally plays, Player 2 heals you,adds defense, DOTS,attacks but it would be weaker than the main player 1.This is probably the only feature I really wanted in game from 2012.
Post #: 339
5/1/2014 2:05:33   
DidYouKnowThat

2 characters, or 2 PLAYERS, like humans playing Oversoul, you and I.
If it's 2 CHARACTERS, then what you're referring to was the character switching, like the Nulgath vs. Artix video waay back before, yeah?
At first I thought you meant like EpicDuel's 2v2. If you are referring to character switching, then this is just a misunderstanding. LOL.

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 5/1/2014 2:06:20 >
Post #: 340
5/1/2014 5:20:44   
Lemonus

Well, regarding the gods thing. AQ has gods, and both AQ and DF have Avatars/Elemental Lords.

Character switching could also make PvP more interesting. IMO there should be a feature where we can add restrictions to duels like:

• Both sides are restricted to Level 10, all characters above Level 10 will scale down to 10 for the duration of the fight

OR

• Give the one with the lower level the same amount HP as the one he/she's fighting.

And more.

< Message edited by Lemonus -- 5/1/2014 5:21:15 >
  • DF AQW  Post #: 341
    5/1/2014 8:09:07   
    Megadragonknight

The features such as Elemental Weakness, Artifacts, Grand Quest and Storyline will definitely re-attract players to OS again. 2v2 PvP can attract players but depending on how it works out.

I was thinking, do you guys want Godzilla character in OS? Personally, I would love to have one in OS. The size will need to be Tyrant Moose's size consider the screen isn't big. Would be very nice if the screen will enlarge so that any huge characters especially Dragons will fit in perfectly.
    Post #: 342
    5/1/2014 9:40:23   
    Vagaran

PvP is boring atm because of the lack of elemental weakness, artifacts and any other features to make it more "strategic". More or less why not many are playing atm. I know for sure I would start being more active when they got those features added and there are several others who thinks so aswell. As for the Godzilla character, I wouldn't mind. New characters are always welcome!
    AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 343
    5/1/2014 9:46:46   
    Lemonus

The Godzilla character should only have visible feet ;p
    DF AQW  Post #: 344
    5/1/2014 10:12:38   
    ChaosRipjaw
    How We Roll Winner
    Jun15

^ That'll make it a joke character

It'd be a sight to see that thing wandering around the inn and the cellar xD
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 345
    5/1/2014 10:59:39   
    megakyle777

Not that Nulgath can hear us, but I vote that this Evolved Escheron he drew as a Armour and item for the AQW poster set gets in OS:

https://twitter.com/Cysero/status/461874307853864960/photo/1
    DF  Post #: 346
    5/1/2014 11:11:16   
    ChaosRipjaw
    How We Roll Winner
    Jun15

^Oh yes definitely.

Nulgath ought to revamp all his early chaos lords again as OS characters: the starting point for the first Chaos characters :D
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 347
    5/1/2014 11:27:58   
    Gorillo Titan

Think this could mean new stuff coming to OS or just a new thing for AQW and thats it?

Post #: 348
    5/1/2014 11:33:05   
    megakyle777

I just said it was for AQW's Escheron poster and that I'd LIKE to see it in OS. Far as I know no plans are for it to be in.

Having said that Both the normal and Evolved versions of him were drawn by Nulgath so It's a fair shot.
    DF  Post #: 349
    5/1/2014 11:37:29   
    Gorillo Titan

Last thing released gave us the promo character felix of light
    Post #: 350
    Page:   <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 145 - Read the first post!
    Page 14 of 31«<1213141516>»
    Jump to:

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition