Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 145 - Read the first post!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 145 - Read the first post!
Page 20 of 31«<1819202122>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/3/2014 15:02:33   
megakyle777

My backstroy can be found in the SpyMaster Char:

He worked for a kingdom. it was destroyed by the Archfiend because he fell in love with a agent of his. Now he allies and spies for a new power...

...Though I have been toying with a Dwarfen Playwright who used to be a Legendary figure called The Axe Of The Dwarfs AKA their champion. But a death curse was placed on him in his last battle, that any wound inflicted on him INSTEAD goes to the people he protects, including lethal force. Not being able to raise his axe knowing each strike to him would harm those he swore to help, he retired...
DF  Post #: 476
5/3/2014 15:14:38   
Lemonus

@Mondez
Aren't kingdoms supposed to wait until the heir's old enough?
DF AQW  Post #: 477
5/3/2014 15:21:15   
Gorillo Titan

@Above No many kings and queen would be younger than 16.

Does Oversoul have a role playing forum?
Post #: 478
5/3/2014 15:37:10   
LigerBeard

Above: Not sure, but they should.
My backstory was basically explained in my character entry for Bloody The Soul Messenger. He was once a nobleman who died in a bloody massacre, and then became the Soul messenger after making a deal with death to save his parents from eternal torment.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 479
5/3/2014 15:57:02   
DidYouKnowThat

So I assume those are ya'll personal character suggestions, like, ones modeled after your own self and Oversoul username, etc.?
For myself, I haven't made one yet. I usually like to submit characters out of ideas I like, such as Adepts, Behemoths, Wyverns, Wyrms, etc.
Basically a bunch of different characters, but never one that I would describe as reflecting my own self and all. . . .
Can't really think of anything that goes with "DidYouKnowThat" lolol.
Post #: 480
5/3/2014 15:59:38   
Lemonus

You could make a scholar character based on that name ;p
DF AQW  Post #: 481
5/3/2014 16:02:03   
ChaosRipjaw
How We Roll Winner
Jun15

@DKYT: Not sure if you knew this yet, but I already made one for you
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 482
5/3/2014 16:05:14   
DidYouKnowThat

@Lemonus: Lol a Scholar. That's Sage though. o_o
@ChaosRipjaw: Yeah, the Mad-Hatter dude with the Sneevil sidekick! He reminds me of Mad Hatter or something like that. .. which is why I call him Mad Hatter. . . .xD

But I'm trying to think up of a backstory of my own .. Hmmmmmmm. .. .
Post #: 483
5/3/2014 16:12:03   
Gorillo Titan

OS idea three miniquest given before each duel if you complete any of the missions you get bonus exp and gold stuff such as do a 5 hit using no special cards use all cards in hand on one turn when a duel without using shields.

ALso a character that cost max gold thats perma and has 4 forms its legendary form having something special associated with it.
Post #: 484
5/3/2014 16:14:46   
DidYouKnowThat

@Gorillo: Ooh like objectives in battle. It doesn't have to be mini-quests though, it could be full-fledged quests, such as this ->
Sir, this stupid little Minotaur stole my friend named Sonja. I want you to slay that dude, finishing him off with a 5-hit combo.

Which means you have to use a 5-hit combo on a Minotaur character, but it has to kill him, meaning you have to end the battle with it. Or something.

Max gold that's perma? That's basically saying No XP boosts = no character. You can't expect someone without XP-boosts to obtain 1 million gold, that's utterly ridiculous.
Post #: 485
5/3/2014 16:16:50   
Lemonus

^You're supposed to forget about sleep while farming
DF AQW  Post #: 486
5/3/2014 16:17:22   
Gorillo Titan

I meant perma as in its here for good not leaving I've obtained max gold without xboost it took a month though.
Post #: 487
5/3/2014 16:20:59   
clintonian

Max gold i got was 500k without boosts but i've spent over 1million gold on cc lol.
Post #: 488
5/3/2014 17:30:53   
DidYouKnowThat

Nevertheless, a character for 1 million gold, lol.
Maybe they can hold a character for about 150,000 at most, but 1 million for 1 character? I can't tell that happening for years. xD
Besides, the game is still missing a lot. Maybe if they added the things that they planned to add before, gameplay would be more interesting. -_-
Post #: 489
5/3/2014 17:35:20   
Lemonus

The highest price we have ever had was 30 SGs. Hah, good times.

Those good laggy times...
DF AQW  Post #: 490
5/3/2014 17:43:39   
Gorillo Titan

Max gold wouldn't be that much of a problem most expensive character in game you still have to pay sgs to rank it up
lol
A character for 999,999 and all free rank UPS think of it as a challenge like getting rank 10 in aqw and getting something good like necromancer.

Also complaining about extremely expensive character is pointless since the reason OS is dying is do to a large part of not making enough money to support a full time team.

Even when this game was at its full potential it wasn't getting much besides characters.
Post #: 491
5/3/2014 17:44:12   
DidYouKnowThat

@Lemonus: It was from the Rev egg, right? . . . .

But seriously, maybe they should give additional gold (and xp?) for the rewards given in PvP random I think.
Either that or if they will ever put weaknesses in, if you beat an element that you're weak against, you get extra xp/gold or whatever.

(edit)
@Gorillo: Even for all free rank ups, for a price of 999,999, really? I still disagree with the idea. :P
Besides, it's only for ONE character. It's not like AQW, trying to get Necro. Nah dude, in AQW, they have 2x events,
and 2x Boosts for EVERYONE.

Complaining about a character an idea is not pointless, just so you know. It provides feedback and all, understand what I'm saying?
Also, true, one of the main reasons is that. However, do you think putting in extremely expensive Gold-tagged characters will help? True, more people will buy XP Boosts.
However, who are "those people?" Exactly, nobody as of currently, thus no money shall be raised. First you need the people, which means first you have to get them to join first.
Meaning, first implement this and that and blah, blah, blah.

I'm sure you get the point I was trying to make, so I'll leave it at that for you to see.

Furthermore, "even when the game was at its full potential."
Yes, that was quite some time ago wasn't it? We were getting character releases at that time because the map actually needed it.
Now however, we have enough characters. We should get some more gameplay updates, not trying to make Oversoul obese with characters.

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 5/3/2014 18:40:43 >
Post #: 492
5/3/2014 19:11:27   
Lemonus

Well back then, the OS crew got enough time to make branched evos, dungeons, 4 other places you can walk on, quests, a new UI along with new music, a tourney for testing a leaderboard and CC. So that definitely proves the OS crew was way more productive than today.
DF AQW  Post #: 493
5/3/2014 19:26:28   
DidYouKnowThat

"Well back then, the OS crew got enough time to make branched evos, dungeons, 4 other places you can walk on, quests, a new UI along with new music, a tourney for testing a leaderboard and CC."
Yes. . .. then PROJECT OMNI came along. dun Dun DUNNNN. . .. . ..

(edit) Yo guys, I'm thinking of making a character with a name resembling Battle Gems. I'm going to describe how it killed majority of Oversoul species, and brought in plaque and depression to
the lands of Oversoul. What ya'll think?

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 5/3/2014 19:27:26 >
Post #: 494
5/3/2014 19:43:14   
LigerBeard

Above: while the idea of your character is good, I do not agree that BG ruined OS, just made it be put on hold. Nulgath will be able to divert his full attention back to OS as soon as all versions of BG are released. We need to be patient and have a little faith in the Archfiend's return.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 495
5/3/2014 22:44:05   
DidYouKnowThat

There are more versions of BG? O_O
Or are you talking about project Omni (every game on mobile)

Even if all games are on mobile, Nulgath might still have to work on AQ3D, hell maybe even Bladehaven, and his "side-projects."
Besides, I thought it wasn't Nulgath's fault bro. We don't need any more art and all. We need coders for implementing what should've been added
already, right? Elemental weaknesses, Artifacts, Grand Storyline, Character switching, pets, etc. The chat could be improved and expanded a lot as well, not to mention
towns, and more maps.

But, it seems everyone doesn't want to work on Oversoul, or already left it (?except for Nulgath?). I mean, IP Address is still there, no tweet, no DN message . . . . .
I'm sure if they wanted to keep Oversoul alive, they would at least still communicate with the people who play, right? .-.
I mean, no tweets, or no DN message. And 10 day late Easter release. . . . .It's like they all want to avoid Oversoul.
It's not even mentioned in most scenarios man. Like what Gorillo pointed out, when AQW servers were down, they had a notice that said "feel free to play Epic duel, Dragon fable, etc. etc."
yet it did not list Oversoul. :(

Of course if they had to put Oversoul on mobile, it would be TOO noticeable if they didn't. So of course they must do that, but other than that, I predict no other change. Like I said, just sweeping Oversoul
under the rug, but it'll be stickin' out sometimes since it'd be very difficult to tell people who spent real $$ and very large amount of time on Oversoul, that Oversoul is dead.

If they were keeping Oversoul on hold, wouldn't they say "Ok guys! Oversoul will have to be kept on hold, so it won't be getting much attention until this this this is done" or something like that.
And as for Artix saying that he wants to as well see Oversoul "flourish" and all, it doesn't necessarily mean that it will flourish even though he WANTS to. Will and Want, two very different words. o_o

I really wouldn't like Oversoul becoming another "dress-up" game, AKA character releases forever. It'd just be another AdventureQuest Worlds, but even more under-developed and messy.

Maybe Battle Gems didn't ruin Oversoul, but it did push some of my hope away, and hinder Oversoul's development noticeably. And Project Omni? That was over-kill, and a significant hope-killer.

Next Character Contest (if we will ever have on) I'll make sure revolve some of my backstories on Oversoul's progress status and what I feel about it. Hopefully Nulgath shall read that.

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 5/3/2014 22:48:55 >
Post #: 496
5/3/2014 23:19:04   
Blackshock

Well they're just going to port it for android and for windows (to be used in facebook). Anyway I don't think it would help to jump to conclusions about the staff wanting to avoid oversoul. I know everybody here is terribly upset about the condition the game's in but can we at least try and not turn the OSGD into a cesspit of whining? All this negativity is just breeding more negativity.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 497
5/3/2014 23:26:29   
clintonian

I say we do a petition and send it to AE(bad idea lol).If we don't speak out they won't know how we feel...

< Message edited by clintonian -- 5/3/2014 23:41:51 >
Post #: 498
5/3/2014 23:50:09   
Blackshock

well if you guys are planning to host a petition, I think it should be done outside the OSGD since petitions are kinda not allowed on the forums. If anything, perhaps you fellas could channel your negativity into writing letters to the staff about the current predicament? If anything though, let's not be brash and do something that would give the staff more trouble on their hands.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 499
5/3/2014 23:56:18   
Gorillo Titan

Anyone who signs a petition will get banned >.>

We do have the same conversations every single month now.
Post #: 500
Page:   <<   < prev  18 19 [20] 21 22   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 145 - Read the first post!
Page 20 of 31«<1819202122>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition