Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 145 - Read the first post!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 145 - Read the first post!
Page 22 of 31«<2021222324>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/4/2014 1:14:38   
Megadragonknight

I do not want to see us criticising each other and turn this community upside down. Lets not try to complain anymore. Instead, we need to communicate with other staff members especially Artix if we ever see him in-game about the progression of OS.

I hate seeing how OS turning like this. I had great hope in it and it shall remain forever. I believe OS will rise again. HS manage to survive the worst crisis. If HS can, so can OS. Lets keep in mind in that and have hope in that.
Post #: 526
5/4/2014 1:17:13   
Gorillo Titan

HS survived mostly do the part of the devs for it never giving up on it and from that people wanted to work on it but even if OS was to get dev now would nuglith have time to tell them what they need to do?
Post #: 527
5/4/2014 1:18:20   
Lemonus

^Is "Nuglith" like, Nulgath's cousin or something? Nah I'm just kidding.

Adding extra attack cards on Lei really helps. Wow.
DF AQW  Post #: 528
5/4/2014 1:22:20   
The Jop

HeroSmash mostly only released items; there hasn't been a plot in years. I don't want Oversoul to survive like that. It's a plot that gets players interested for the most part, since we have enough characters (except maybe chaos and dual/tri element ones).
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 529
5/4/2014 1:22:30   
Megadragonknight

@Titan
Your sentence is like referring to Nulgath giving up his game. Not technically what both of us said or meant.

Nulgath work very hard on OS, he came up with the Storyline, features and more. He won't just give up here. It would be very pitiful and wasted to give up after spending many days to plan the storyline, features and others while also developing the game to be successful. I would continue and focus only on OS if I personally plan every single things out and ensure it will work fine.
Post #: 530
5/4/2014 1:24:13   
Gorillo Titan

Im just saying he's very busy.

A lot of stuff has happened in HS since you last played most likely they don't always post there updated on the main update page.
Post #: 531
5/4/2014 1:25:47   
The Jop

@Gorillo
Have they continued the plot though? Or is it just PvP and items?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 532
5/4/2014 1:30:34   
Gorillo Titan

Its still in beta but it has over 100 missions related to the story now though.

I was talking with the new game lead 2nd in command and he said they plan to be out of beta in about a year from when I messaged him so about early next year.
Post #: 533
5/4/2014 1:33:31   
DidYouKnowThat

I want quests too. . . ..

(edit) Also, people said that they were getting bored of cards. . .would this help? -> Or has someone thought of this already?

- Ok lets take my Bush character for example. Ahh yes. . .George the Bu- oops I mean moving on.
So he has a gun/sniper whatever rifle right?

So see, he's a VERY EVIL character. Lets say I give him a Mark of Death card. However, I call it "Snipe." It has a different animation and card look and crap, but the same effect, 900 damage after a turn.
Would that help? a different animation MAYBE but 100% a different name. lol. Maybe I could do that for the next character suggestion

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Character suggestions seem to help keep the forums ok. Though again, I don't really want OS to be a dress-up game, AKA character release. AQW is for dress-up, not OS. :L

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 5/4/2014 2:14:39 >
Post #: 534
5/4/2014 2:13:58   
Kiazz

I just got battlegems for android, and I KNOW it was originally created for ios, so I'd assume that it's completed. So what's keeping Oversoul from going back to weekly releases now?
Post #: 535
5/4/2014 2:16:32   
DidYouKnowThat

@Kiazz: Long time no see! :D
But keeping Oversoul from weekly release? Probably lack of staff. . . .
Lack of players/support? maybe. But I wonder how they can say that when Oversoul isn't even complete yet. It still needs weaknesses, character switching, artifacts, quests, Grand Storyline (plot), Pets, and towns, and so much more.
Post #: 536
5/4/2014 2:16:53   
Gorillo Titan

BG was created for all formats IOS was just the hardest one to do so they did it first still have to wait for the facebook one next then the window phones one and if it does very well it will get weekly updates.

Also Warlic is on the bug team for the android version of BG.
Post #: 537
5/4/2014 2:18:05   
The Jop

@Kiazz
I believe they'll make it for browsers next, then they plan to make many of AE's games mobile, such as Bladehaven. In addition to that, every staff member of Oversoul is preoccupied with other projects (Warlic, Nulgath, and Rolith are working on Project Omni, Rolith is working on DragonFable, and Nulgath has his own personal projects) except for Klunk and Dilligaf, who I believe just make music.

< Message edited by The Jop -- 5/4/2014 2:55:54 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 538
5/4/2014 2:21:55   
Gorillo Titan

Klunk can draw I've seen some of his stuff.

Bladehaven will be a different game from the one originally put out it will tell the back story of galanoth.
Post #: 539
5/4/2014 2:28:56   
Lemonus

@Jop
Aren't we supposed to keep the staff's real names away from the forums?

Buuut yeah, they're really busy especially the coders...

On a side note, got really lucky and possessed Lepid in my second encounter.
DF AQW  Post #: 540
5/4/2014 2:35:49   
Gorillo Titan

They follow there game twitters with there real name twitters though lol
Post #: 541
5/4/2014 2:40:27   
Lemonus

Well, there's this small group of people here who don't follow Twitters, and some of the devs' Twitters don't have their real names in it.
DF AQW  Post #: 542
5/4/2014 11:36:05   
Mritha
Legendary AdventureGuide!

For starters, many of you have been mentioning something inappropriate the past few days and I am getting tired of editing it out of your posts, particularly when each of you know it isn't allowed here. The next person who knowingly and intentionally breaks the rules again, will receive a warning.

Secondly, I don't want to see you start turning on each other. This community is not perfect, but each of you have proven that you are better than that. Infighting is below you and an insult to your reputation. I have bragged about this community, how you kept on even though the game is going through a deep rut right now... don't make a liar out of me.

And as for the state of the game? Yes, OS looks like it is dying. Maybe it is. But you know what? It isn't dead. So long as the game receives updates, no matter how small or repetitive, there is hope for the game. So long as it still has loyal players who refuse to abandon OverSoul, there is hope that one day it will be the great game we all hoped it would be, believed it would be. Yes it is hard to think the game will survive right now, when we hear next to nothing from the devs nowadays, but there is still hope.

The moment this community quits and walks away is the moment this game will truly die.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 543
5/4/2014 11:51:56   
Lemonus

The purple spring lover is right, we're better than this! If we lose hope, we don't deserve to be called "fans"! Well, when you put it that way, we're the ones slowly killing it. We shall continue to support OS and we shall bring back OS's former glory! If we wait and support enough that is

So much for that speech. Back to farming.
DF AQW  Post #: 544
5/4/2014 11:53:45   
LigerBeard

@Mritha: Funny thing is, you said exactly what I was thinking about the state of OS. Also, do you know whether Nulgath has anything distracting him from OS after the other versions of BattleGems release?

Edit: @Lemonus: Exactly! We must have faith in Nulgath and remain loyal, otherwise Oversoul will die, and it'll be on our heads!

< Message edited by LigerBeard -- 5/4/2014 11:57:27 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 545
5/4/2014 11:56:16   
Mritha
Legendary AdventureGuide!

@Liger, I do not. Finals are hitting hard right now so I don't really have the time to find out. When I'm done for the semester here in a few days I'll do my best to figure out what is holding him up.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 546
5/4/2014 12:10:20   
Lemonus

We shall become the founders of OverSoul's bright future! We shall march down the path of glory! In fact, we should go march down that one right now and...

Went too far.
DF AQW  Post #: 547
5/4/2014 12:36:38   
Gorillo Titan

@ligerbeard Rev and Laken told me Nugluth was part of the AQ3D team.
Post #: 548
5/4/2014 12:44:48   
LigerBeard

@Gorillo: He is? Huh, I didn't know that. Then again, I thought they had scrapped AQ3D after they started BattleGems.

But back to OS, what I noticed for a few days now is the absolute lack of people in the character suggestion discussion thread. There are others that I noticed a lack of people in too, but since I always thought that specific thread as kind of a hot spot for players, it struck me as odd.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 549
5/4/2014 12:48:28   
Gorillo Titan

A lot of people have been posting there characters in the art suggestion now.
Post #: 550
Page:   <<   < prev  20 21 [22] 23 24   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 145 - Read the first post!
Page 22 of 31«<2021222324>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition