Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

2v2 change for fairness

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> 2v2 change for fairness
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/7/2014 21:32:04   
FameFortune

http://imgur.com/l6cJQNM (shows unbalances) (btw i am a little mean but you could tell he didn't have any particular strategy for his build and refused to heal me when i was very close to death, after his turn i died and left and im not sure if he could understand what i was saying)
(instead of healing me he used berserk and it was blocked)

18 and 15 vs 12 and 15? I'll be honest id rather wait a few minutes than lose because of match ups.

what do you believe it should stay the same or change? Do you have any problems with 2v2?

I believe the max difference should be 4 levels like 1v1
Post #: 1
10/7/2014 21:43:02   
VanitySixx

Well the max difference isn't 4 levels in 1v1. I believe it's still 5. Though at level 40, you can't fight anyone level 37 or lower so they might've changed that without me knowing.

But I've played my fair amount of 2v2's recently and I've grown it's just something you have to deal with. Being not capable of communicating with your partner really does kind of stink. It's also bad when you can communicate with them, but they refuse to listen.

They likely won't listen because they believe they're doing what's best to help get the win. If there are communication failures in 2v2, the developers can not change that.

You fought a level 18 because you and one of your opponents are level 15, so that can't be helped even if the cap was changed to 4.

I suggest the Devs try and change the matchmaking process. I ALWAYS say this; I don't know how any of the coding works so I don't know if this idea is entirely possible. But, Call of Duty matchmakes people based on their KD's and Win Loss ratios. Could Titan and the others possibly find a way to matchmake 2v2 partners and opponents so it's a bit more fair? I have no idea.

And if that were the case and they did this, I suspect it'd take a much longer time to find a 2v2 battle, rather than just waiting about 10-30 seconds.
AQW Epic  Post #: 2
10/7/2014 21:48:01   
Mother1

There are several reasons why this is happening.

One of them is the fact that there is a legion vs exile filter period. It doesn't matter how loose it is the fact that it puts what side you are on over your levels is making your problems worse. In other words it would sooner pair 2 level 40's against 2 level 37's rather than put one level 40 and 37 with another if both level 40's are legion and the 37's are exile.

If you want some hope of more fair fights this filter needs to be 100% removed. This way the matchmaker doesn't put what side you are on over what levels the players are.

However your suggestion I can't support.

Your change will affect all players in different time zones. Those who play when the player pool is as low as 200-300 would not like this change because it will make it even harder for them to get matches due to them being more isolated.
Epic  Post #: 3
10/8/2014 17:23:50   
FameFortune

then make it an option
Post #: 4
10/8/2014 19:02:47   
Dual Thrusters

After reading the dialogue, I can conclude that the issue here is more on the difference in skill rather than level difference (although it still contributes, just not as much).
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
10/9/2014 7:14:22   
Gepard Acht

I dont think 4 levels should be the range for 2vs2 as you might know, ED is not as popular as it was before...

Although Ive had situations where I was paired up with a lower level against 2 who were also higher level than us.
While I dont support your suggestion, I believe that this filter thing that was mentioned shoild be removed
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> 2v2 change for fairness
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition