Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

[RESOLVED] Def/Block/Crit Chances bug

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Bugs >> [RESOLVED] Def/Block/Crit Chances bug
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/18/2015 12:01:33   
Lord Machaar

I'm pretty sure these chances are bugged, I have been doing some illogical deflects against players who have more technology than me and vice versa. Same goes for blocking/criting.
I'm suspecting that the devs have messed up some numbers while making blocking/deflecting chance go down to 0.

I didn't use the bug template because this is a general bug and everyone seems to experience it.

< Message edited by Battle Elf -- 6/19/2015 21:40:29 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 1
6/18/2015 12:11:33   
Mother1

Exactly how much of a gap was there when they got these luck factors? I remember Ranloth explaining exactly how much more was needed so that luck factors would be brought down to 0%. A screen shot of the person's build and the effect happening would really help get this matter resolved as well.

< Message edited by Mother1 -- 6/18/2015 12:12:07 >
Epic  Post #: 2
6/18/2015 12:54:00   
Lord Machaar

I'm not talking about players blocking/deflecting my attacks even though I have enough dex/tech for it to go down to 0.
I'm talking about the fact that even when who have a respected amount of dex/tech above your enemy, for example 30 difference in technology/dexterity, your enemy would still block/deflect your attacks, like a lot more than you, which is frankly not logical, I know what I'm saying because I've been playing before the update occured, and if for example I have 50 + 35 dexterity and my enemy has 25 + 14, my enemy would still block 20 of my attacks while I can't block atleast one of his, and vice versa, which is for me atleast, bugged.
MQ Epic  Post #: 3
6/18/2015 13:29:15   
AQWorldsFarmer

I don't have much problem with the chances- I have 50+35 dex and get blocked maybe once or twice by most people.
Post #: 4
6/18/2015 15:19:24   
Mother1

The number needed to make luck factors not happen was 52 or more of X stat. This was mentioned by Ranloth when another thread like this came.

Your example with the numbers you have given is 85 - 39 = 46 which is 6 short of the stat to make blocks/deflections/crits not happen.
Epic  Post #: 5
6/18/2015 15:38:39   
Lord Machaar

^ that's not my point, my point is, even though you don't have 52 X stat difference, 46 remains a big one right? Which means the player with bigger difference should have, logically, more defs and blocks, not vice versa.
MQ Epic  Post #: 6
6/18/2015 15:57:46   
Mother1

Unless you completely remove the RNG from the match (meaning have 52 or more of x stat that gives said factor) even if the chance is logically one percent, that one percent could happen a lot more for your opponent than say another players 6.5 percent.

In other words as long as the chance is there that it could happen it can happen no matter how illogical.

< Message edited by Mother1 -- 6/18/2015 15:58:55 >
Epic  Post #: 7
6/18/2015 21:17:32   
Lord Machaar

Here is a screenshot of the build of the player I've faced:
http://puu.sh/iufUX/ba507fcbfd.jpg
I was deflected twice even though I have 90 + 35 (125) technology, which is 66 technology in difference.
I couldn't take screenshots of the defs because frankly, they were surprising.
MQ Epic  Post #: 8
6/18/2015 21:48:50   
Mother1

One last question Did any of the players have the deflection core on that did this? Cause if they have that core on then no matter what the stat difference is they will still have the chance to deflect seeing as that core adds 8% chance for you deflect even if the stat wise version is 0%.

If not and you have all this then it would be a bug, otherwise you can blame the deflection core.
Epic  Post #: 9
6/18/2015 22:00:59   
Lord Machaar

I remember such cores equiped on his aux/sidearm but I'm quite sure he didn't have it equiped on his armor.
MQ Epic  Post #: 10
6/18/2015 22:09:17   
The berserker killer

Even 1% still allows for block/deflect/crit so I'm pretty sure everythings fine in game. Calculations can be made in battle if you want to weigh your options on whether or not your opponent can block/deflect/crit you (based on what I've heard)
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 11
6/19/2015 15:10:35   
King Bling

I already told in a lot of posts, I have been getting deflected even though I have max amount of tech, getting critted blocked and dogged on .
Post #: 12
6/19/2015 19:12:29   
The berserker killer

Probably the luck factors of UnderDog mode
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 13
6/19/2015 21:40:14   
  Battle Elf
has ten 1v1 wins

This is not a bug. The formulas for block and crit chances haven't been changed recently.

Tagged as resolved

Thanks,
Battle Elf
ED Archknight
AQW Epic  Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Bugs >> [RESOLVED] Def/Block/Crit Chances bug
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition