Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: The Training Academy: Ultimate Warrior Guide (part 6)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Guides >> RE: The Training Academy: Ultimate Warrior Guide (part 6)
Page 3 of 4<1234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/12/2016 13:43:10   
Carandor
Legendary Scribe of Lore

Here's the correct links for void visor and horo-show void visor, since I broke them when updating the entry.
void visor http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=20815768
Horo-show http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=20815839
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 51
7/14/2016 12:25:48   
TRB1965
Warganizer!

Updated entries for Void Visor and Horo-Show Void Visor.
AQ  Post #: 52
7/15/2016 8:27:55   
phoenixjoe

I just want to say thank you kindly for letting me know of the Guardian Item Upgrade option.
Oh, the rares I have but never used!
AQ DF  Post #: 53
7/21/2016 9:40:37   
TRB1965
Warganizer!

Added new Gift Box Misc (Carnafex Visage) to the Gift Box section.
AQ  Post #: 54
7/21/2016 14:08:44   
Glacies

^ It's misspelled (viasge).
Post #: 55
7/21/2016 19:05:55   
TRB1965
Warganizer!

Thanks. Fixed. And added Cleric of Carnafex armor.
AQ  Post #: 56
7/27/2016 10:32:44   
Brasca123

Call Dunamis now has a proper pedia page.
http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=22156572

< Message edited by Brasca123 -- 7/27/2016 10:33:03 >
AQ DF  Post #: 57
7/28/2016 0:39:53   
TRB1965
Warganizer!

@Brasca123 - Got it. Thanks.

[edit] added custom pet

< Message edited by TRB1965 -- 7/31/2016 15:37:30 >
AQ  Post #: 58
8/9/2016 9:24:48   
Bolter

Should MagnaBlade and Carnafex Blade be mentioned in the guide?

Also I think Gemini Pendant isn't going rare, I heard it will be moved to Warlic's, so maybe it can be added into either the Misc section or the Guest section.

< Message edited by Atomos -- 8/9/2016 9:38:35 >
AQ  Post #: 59
8/9/2016 10:47:02   
TRB1965
Warganizer!

MagnaBalde is 20% proc. Not going to include a 20% proc weapon if there is a lower proc alternative.

Good call on Carnafex Blade. Will most likely replace Liquefactor as the preferred Fire weapon and Ultra Omin Knight Blade as Ice Weapon. Ability to switch to ranged makes it slightly preferable.

Gemini Pendant will be added to the misc. section once I see a staff confirmation it isn't going rare.

< Message edited by TRB1965 -- 8/9/2016 10:48:11 >
AQ  Post #: 60
8/9/2016 10:53:07   
big E

Imry's stated that Gemini Pendant will definitely stay permanent in Warlic's. Not sure where exactly the post is but it's there.

As for MagnaBlade - you know of its effect, right? It'll beat any no-proc in raw damage, so despite its 20-proc and the extra damage you'll take, it has high strategic use. So I'd say it deserves at least a mention, below the main Ice section or in the Utilities section.
AQ  Post #: 61
8/9/2016 14:13:39   
Brasca123

Magnablade's effect is essentially a speed up function, it isn't better than any 20% proc weapon in [damage dealt]/[damage taken], so I don't think it's worth a mention in a guide.

It's up to TRB in the end, but I feel that, just like the Burst spells, while a lot of people like them, they aren't really a necessity for the general recommendations of a guide.
AQ DF  Post #: 62
8/9/2016 23:55:47   
TRB1965
Warganizer!

Ok. I let you bully me into adding MagnaBlade (as special mention under ice weapons) and Gemini Pendant.
AQ  Post #: 63
8/11/2016 2:02:00   
Bolter

I'm pretty sure Bulbazard and Pikazard are not going rare, so maybe they can be added into the pets section.

Speaking of AQxe from my post long ago, I think it should still at the very least get a special mention despite being much harder to obtain than Silver Glaive.
AQ  Post #: 64
8/11/2016 9:46:21   
TRB1965
Warganizer!

quote:

This guide is meant to provide general guidelines for developing a warrior character. It will provide advice on equipment for one suitable path for warrior characters. This guide will not cover every possibility and you may well find other options more suitable to your style of play or temperament. I encourage you to explore other options and find your own way of enjoying the game.

I've already decided on Silver Glaive over AQxe. You don't have to agree with that decision but as Silver Glaive is a perfectly viable weapon for warriors it meets the goals of this guide.

I added PikaZard and Bulbazard and deleted Nerfkitten :(

[edit] Caranfex Visage is confirmed to be going rare 8/15/16. Get it now if you want it.

[edit] Added Ice Cream Crusader and Ice Cream Golem.

< Message edited by TRB1965 -- 9/4/2016 23:00:25 >
AQ  Post #: 65
9/14/2016 11:51:42   
zinkk!

A question about Star Saber of Hatred: Why is it not preferable at end game? As far as I can see it's the only 0-proc energy weapon with +5% MC bonus, or am I missing something? Is Mjollnir preferred for non-sword master characters due to it accurate lean?
AQ  Post #: 66
9/19/2016 10:25:23   
zxc924
Banned

Im also curious about this. Is Mjollnir's ranged toggle that important for an end game inventory? I suppose in 100% proc mode you could use Celtic as your water armor and skip the FD attack modifier
AQ  Post #: 67
9/19/2016 14:43:21   
Lord Markov

I think the idea is that Star Sabre of Hatred is locked behind an UR box, and the guide is supposed to suggest gear that anyone with gold can get either through questing or through an in-town shop, rather than anything that depends upon having Z-tokens or GGBs.
AQ  Post #: 68
9/19/2016 15:20:30   
zinkk!

The thing is it's not listed as recommended due to it being GGB, but with the additional comment of "may be preferable at all levels except end game".
AQ  Post #: 69
9/24/2016 4:18:26   
Gold

Minor addition, but I think it is noteworthy to also include the Awe!! upgrade shop that you can find in the GGB, as it makes the BoA no-drops scale directly to your level.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 70
9/24/2016 9:09:31   
TRB1965
Warganizer!

quote:

A question about Star Saber of Hatred: Why is it not preferable at end game? As far as I can see it's the only 0-proc energy weapon with +5% MC bonus, or am I missing something? Is Mjollnir preferred for non-sword master characters due to it accurate lean?

Star Sabre of Hatred is listed in the Golden Gift Box section.

@gold - yep. Can't believe I missed that one.
AQ  Post #: 71
10/8/2016 4:31:59   
Rafiq von den Vielen

Iron Golem Helm

I'm not sure, but I think this misc outdoes Poly-cess for multiplicative earth quite easily. It's also not that hard to get since Iron Golems are common monsters in some quests (example: Earth Wing of the Dragon Knight quest).
Post #: 72
11/29/2016 19:03:37   
The Green Guy

Some mentionable things:

- Weapons:

Wind: AQxe is likely a better option, especially if you plan on using the sword you suggest as a light or dark weapon instead; I don't feel that being harder or easier to obtain matters when wanting to get the best gear, you can always pick up 'easier' options in the main town shops. It's at least worth mentioning.

Ice: Horo-show Void sword is the only melee weapon in the game, AFAIK, that has a void-damage toggle. Supremely useful against any enemy with high resists across the board, and just barely is inferior to true lv150 Ice swords...I don't see why anyone should pick anything else, without other access to raw void/harm damage.

Light: I feel the Elahi Kopesh (the Osiris set melee sword) is clearly superior for any warrior that doesn't play as a Berserker all the time, I would only suggest the other sword as an alternative.

Utility weapons: I'd like to mention the Pristine Paxian Deliverance; it can be 'customized' to any element you desire (if you're not picky about Paxia clans), though it changes in form depending on element and sometimes can be ranged instead, and it has a quite potent trigger against Truphma - so for anybody doing the related quests or just farming the camps for gold, especially in combination with Horde's Ire, it's a potent pickup.

- Armors

Water: Is the Fruitcake Berserker now rare? 'Cuz if not, that's perfect for water armor/shield for warriors. Is it perhaps seasonal?

Ice: Horo-show armor is necessary to activate the FSB for void/harm resistance, and it's a great FO ice armor that has a powerful SP skill...I'm not sure how the new MC Ice armor compares, but it's worth at least mentioning this armor, I think.

- Shields

Earth: There's a new lv150 Earth Shield out called the Tectonic Tower Shield (currently in LTS) with good resist/MRM and a very interesting ability: it reduces incoming damage based on the amount of damage you sustain during a fight! In other words it's a shield that gets better at shielding you throughout a fight. It doesn't get better than that! (Hopefully it doesn't go rare....)

Fire/Utility?: There's a lv 150 shield now in Adder's shop called Shield of Agony's Blood that provides better MRM & 1 more resist than Overlord's, but the effect is strange: the enemy monster gets a -10 BTH, 85/75 damage lean, and if you successfully block their attacks, you damage the enemy & also heal based on how much you damaged them with that effect. I'm not certain about using a shield that buffs the enemy's damage like that, but it's worth a mention (and I'm giving it a shot myself, the healing seems minor though.)

- Miscs

Ice: While you did update the links, the listed description here in the guide still mentions a 1-turn delay that is no longer present. The text needs fixing.

Earth: There's a misc you can get from defeating the Underbeast in the Void currently (I think), with 50% resist to earth plus it gives you 50 STR & END. Must-have for warriors...if you can beat it! (Will it go rare...?)

Utility (Seasonal): There's also a superior option to the Cyclops Eye now in the form of Zardade, from the 2016 Blarney War. Same effect, but it also gives you a STR boost.

< Message edited by The Green Guy -- 11/29/2016 19:14:47 >
Post #: 73
12/4/2016 16:38:20   
Brasca123

@above. AQaxe: was turned down more than once, read comments before suggesting new stuff.

HSVV: Already mentioned, see utility weapons, harm is by essence, an utility option, compared to the higher leveled that also doubles as compression Carnafex Blade, the winner for an optimal setup is clear.

Kopesh: Already mentioned, see the notes.

Paxian: Deals 95% damage against almost all enemies in the game, hardly worth a spot.

Fruitcake is rare, just like all Frostval items.

HSVV: I personally agree with you on that, not because of the useless FSB, but because it's a pre-lean FO armor.

Tectonic: I have been on a hiatus, so I don't know if this will go rare or not, but it's generally not worth the effort to put LTS items on the guide.

Agony's blood: Might be worth a mention I suppose, up to TRB though, it's a niche shield.

Ice: Good catch!

Earth: Void takeover items usually go rare, don't have any comment on the item itself because I'm coming back just now. Edit: Saw the misc now, it has a 97 SP upkeep, it's a horrible item IMO, I'd never use it due to the big upkeep.

Zardade: Debatable, it gives STR, but has a bigger upkeep, unsure if worth a mention just because it's a tad better in terms of damage... Final decision goes to TRB of course.

< Message edited by Brasca123 -- 12/4/2016 16:43:26 >
AQ DF  Post #: 74
12/5/2016 10:41:00   
The Green Guy

I *did* read the comments. If you read mine you might see why I still bothered mentioning the AQxe. ;)

It's only my 2 cents with all this, but, I think it would be better to list HSVV under "alternative ice weapon" rather than hide it in "utility", unless you expect most warriors to be using compression weapons regularly (and honestly I'd usually expect to find compression weapons under "utility" instead, like the Carnafex Blade).

My point with the Kopesh is that it's not really just a "legitimate alternative", it's got the upper hand in all cases where your HP >50% - so it feels strange that it's just tacked in as a footnote.

The Paxian blade can be customized to any element you choose & has a powerful trigger & comes at maximum level - all good reasons for being mentioned under "utility".

Shame about Fruitcake (though I think it was from a Harvest event, not Frostval) armor...will it be accessible in future ones? If so, then it could at least be added in the "Seasonal Rares" section of the guide.

HSVV's FSB isn't useless in (admittedly rare) cases where the enemy does purely harm/void damage...such as one of the heads in the 10th Anniversary quest. AFAIK there's *no* other way to defend from harm or void damage, so some mention of it is worthwhile.

*So far* Agony's Blood feels solid to me; the flat resistance and better MRM feel better than Overlord's defenses, and more than makes up for the "off-balance" lean thing...the special effects honestly just feel like an afterthought, the heal is pretty negligible. Definitely worthy of at least "alternative mention", plus it doesn't require a long quest to obtain....

(Edit: It also gets +7 MRM on all 3 types) 97 SP seems about standard, to me...it's a little hard to keep a guest up at the same time, or maintain SP to fire off SP skills, but that's about it. Plus you can use the Dark Vampragon for more SP regen (and if you can use the Ultraguardian Shield, so much the better). 50 STR and 50 END is nothing to sneeze at; it's not quite as nifty as the Osiris misc, I suppose, but definitely not a write-off misc. edit: It's also, AFAIK, the only fully x50% Earth resist misc in the game yet, as opposed to the x65% of Polygalactase Process.

Zardade is likely much easier to obtain than the Cyclops Eye, with the caveat of being seasonal, and warriors ought to always be on the lookout for STR buffs, no?

p.s. Cheers for keeping things going, finding the mage guide useful for a secondary character :)

< Message edited by The Green Guy -- 12/7/2016 5:50:36 >
Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Guides >> RE: The Training Academy: Ultimate Warrior Guide (part 6)
Page 3 of 4<1234>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition