Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Remembering the good ol' days in the forum

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> RE: Remembering the good ol' days in the forum
Page 12 of 12«<89101112
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/8/2022 0:58:11   
Glais

Checking in once again

DF MQ  Post #: 276
10/10/2022 0:01:04   
Chaosweaver Amon
Friendly!

Good to see you again Glais!
DF  Post #: 277
10/13/2022 3:24:03   
FC

Heyo lads, hows it going?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 278
10/22/2022 13:03:39   
Glais

Hey Amon how's it been?
DF MQ  Post #: 279
10/28/2022 17:51:12   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

Hey guys,

Great to see you all after such a long time!
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 280
10/30/2022 9:18:00   
Warmonger DragonJax
Creative!

It's always nice to see an old face again.

How've you been, Arth?
Post #: 281
11/2/2022 10:34:49   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

All good here, mate. And you?

Great to see you after so long as well!
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 282
12/1/2022 23:08:15   
DaiTigris
How We Roll Winner
June14

Speaking of familiar faces. Good to see you after so long too Arthur.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 283
2/10/2023 11:10:18   
earth breather

(sorry for the necro - but I feel like it's valid given this is a nostalgia thread)

I think I started early '09 or 10?

I was real young when I started playing. These games were what got me into gaming in the first place at all and funnily enough - I always seem to come back and play AQ as my first "test game" when I buy/build a new PC (bought a gaming laptop a few years ago) even though they can be played on a sentient-enough potatoe.

I remember making a few friends on the Nocturu forums and the Wrestling Discussion Threads - testing my artistic potential in the forum signature request shops (where did they go?)

The AE Discord just kinda.. hits different. Doesen't feel as authentic. I don't think it's bad - I just don't feel the same connection to the AE games when I browse the discord as I do the forums.

I sincerely hope AE is here for a long time to come. AE Games feel like what games are supposed to feel like - pure, uncomplicated fun. I miss that in games.

DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 284
3/1/2023 10:12:58   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

@DaiTigris

Super nice to see you too! It's really been a while.

How's life?

For me, I graduated, post-graduated and am now working in the Netherlands as an Industrial Designer for the past year. I do miss popping into the server from time to time to check on all the threads and boards where we used to post.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 285
3/1/2023 11:28:13   
  DragonUltraMaster
I am Moglin!

It's been 16 years since I became a member here. It's really hard to imagine it's been that long. Where has all that time gone? What have I done/accomplished?
Well.. Pretty much everything from starting to play AQ, to join the forum, to remain active, play all DF, MQ and AQW as they were realesed, keep it all up, become an AK and now a mod. This is just an extremly quick history check. So much has happened. It's insane.

16 years is 5840 days (plus some feb 29:th but I'm too lazy to include these XD). 5 thousand!!! I don't even remember WHY I joined the forum in the first place.
I guess I came across it somehow and decided to join it back in 2007 and now here I am still.
16 years... Wow. Yes I'm still amazed as I'm writing this. :P

DragonUltraMaster is also the one and only name I've ever had, though it was not the original name on my AQ character. It was invented as I joined the forum. The day I joined this forum, D.U.M was born!

//D.U.M
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 286
7/19/2023 14:45:34   
Xxx__0__xxX

Every now and then I log back into these forums to get a kick of nostalgia...and to cringe at my old replies.
What a childhood.
DF  Post #: 287
9/4/2023 11:17:34   
Khentimentiu

Same here honestly, though I doubt any of the replies I've ever made, or friends for that matter still exist. Oh well, Best to be long forgotten again.
Post #: 288
10/4/2023 13:30:13   
Womba

Been a loooooong time. Huh.
DF AQW  Post #: 289
10/15/2023 6:21:50   
sacchi
Constructively Friendly!

At least all our old stuff is in a secret forgotten forum that we cherish but only us know, rather than on our FB or IG profile pages ??
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 290
12/1/2023 3:46:30   
Suranjan
The Abbe Faria

Bloody hell, I used to spend insane amounts of time playing DragonFable. Seems like a different eon, a different life.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 291
12/1/2023 13:09:27   
pjc
Legendary AK!!!

Hopping on board the nostalgia train
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 292
12/17/2023 2:46:39   
Zeshia

I've never posted on this forum, but just coming back to AQW and scrolling through here sends chills down my spine of earlier forum days.
AQW  Post #: 293
3/6/2024 12:57:24   
Sunkern

Used to be a lot more active way back between '09-'11. That was in my grade school/elementary days. Now I'm a software developer / data scientist person and I guess it's quite nice to see how this place is still alive in an eerie, preserved way.
AQ  Post #: 294
3/20/2024 14:05:02   
.Discipline

Feeling nostalgic I decided to check these forums and already the memories are flooding back.
Having lead a Paxia Clan, Nocturu, back in a time when the clan wars were raging.
Having worked as an Archknight back in the day for the Legends and Lore section, with a huge amount of poetry and fanfiction.
The IRC chat where a lot of roleplay happened and people would hang out and shoot the breeze. The elemental championships of years gone by.

I have made friendships and relationships and found kindred spirits on this forum and a part of me lives here forever, even if adult life has drawn me away to other pursuits.

Thank you to AE and to everybody on these forums for being brilliant.

It has been a LONG TIME.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 295
3/28/2024 6:28:47   
black knight 1234567

Honestly a true testament to the power of the internet that this place still stands.

Most of you probably don't know or remember me. When I joined this forum, I was what? 9 years old? 10?

I'm now 24. Been through the ringer, been through life - I owe this place a lot, in a way. Met one of my very best friends here; who i'm still in contact with. Place opened my mind to people, drastically improved my English and most importantly something as simple as the roleplaying board in a way ignited my passion for writing and fiction.

I still remember how I got banned like 3 times. Kids really do stupid things.

Hope life is treating you all kindly.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 296
3/29/2024 18:30:27   
Glais

Echoing above, one of my favorite things about having been part of the community here, joined back when I was 12, is I met a lot of people I still keep in touch with to this day. Even hung out with one of them. It's good that it could keep people together like that.
DF MQ  Post #: 297
4/16/2024 1:59:27   
Calimehtar
Ribarg? Zard contest runner-up

It's wild how this forum is still running. I was 11 when I started playing AQ and I'm 32 years old now 😂 I joined the Discord not long ago and I'm suprised how active the AQ community still is. Such a great franchise with lots of great memories.
AQ AQW  Post #: 298
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 10 11 [12]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> RE: Remembering the good ol' days in the forum
Page 12 of 12«<89101112
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition