Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =MTAK= When you Wish Upon a Star

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> Meet the Mods Archives >> RE: =MTAK= When you Wish Upon a Star
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/4/2017 9:04:50   
alix

ummmm congrats, but im kinda lost, whats an arch knight, and how did you receive or earn that position? I feel like im the only one who doesnt know. sorry

Thank you!

ArchKnights, or AKs, are the ones responsible for enforcing the forum rules. You'll see us for the most part cleaning up spam threads, removing double posts/overused sigs, or locking war threads when they hit that 30page limit. Each forum (and several subforms) have their own group of AK's dedicated specifically to that forum. See Melissas's post in the DFGD Forum rules for more clarificaiton.

The head moderator, of either a specific forum or of the entire forum, is usually the one who promotes AK's.

< Message edited by Starflame13 -- 3/4/2017 9:14:23 >
DF  Post #: 26
3/4/2017 9:14:24   
Cedrei

Congrats!
Thank you!

If you were to get stuck on a deserted island for some time, and you only got to bring three things: One book, one game (including a way to play it, but no internet connection), and one other thing, what things would it be?
I would bring the book "Watership Down" (an old favorite of mine). I'd probably bring the new Zelda game, Breath of the Wild, because I heard it's HUGE and I probably wouldn't be finished with it by the time someone rescued me. And then I'd bring a friend, because two heads are better than one!

< Message edited by Starflame13 -- 3/4/2017 9:19:20 >
DF  Post #: 27
3/4/2017 13:55:32   
megakyle777

quote:

I actually haven't watched the Batman movies

I really, REALLY hate to be THAT guy, but Knightfall is actualy a collection of batman comics with one story. DX Although I think they kinda adapted parts of it in the 3rd Nolan film, but I have not seen that either.
As obvious by my earlier point (and mistake), still not very familiar with any of the Batman franchise :P

Also, seriously, check out my DF Art Gallery Thread. I wanted some opnions from people for what direction to go with for future wars. Plus while I don't update it much, I was able to find that really long Valtrith one from way back which I even used a DF shot from.

Anyway, more questions:

Fav non AE game and why?
Currently OverWatch! It feels very different from a traditional shooter-type game, and I love the diversity in characters and in story that Blizzard has pulled together.

Do you ever get tired when someone posts about a Destiny Knight of some kind? I see it at least once a year and I just kinda expect it now. DX
Not really! We get new forumites every year, so it's to be expected that not everyone will be as familiar with prior decisions made by Game and Forum staff.

You have 3 wishes, capable of doing anything. What do you wish for?
This may sound a bit cheesy, but I would use my first wish to ask for the knowledge of how to use the remaining two wishes to best benefit the world at large (world peace, ending hunger, that kind of thing). I'd feel super guilty wasting a wish on just myself!

< Message edited by Starflame13 -- 3/4/2017 16:21:45 >
DF  Post #: 28
3/4/2017 17:21:53   
Greyor_42

just thought of a question. if you could have an infinite amount of any ONE resource(it doesn't have to be something physical) what would it be, and why?

Hm.. probably warmth! I get cold very easily, and it'd be awesome to go walking outside in any weather and be comfortable.

< Message edited by Starflame13 -- 3/4/2017 17:30:35 >
DF  Post #: 29
3/5/2017 9:12:09   
Rayen
Constructively Discussional!

STAR!
RAYEN!

Sorry if that startled you, but I had to start somewhere on this histarical occasion. Sometimes working out the right things to say seems an instarmountable challenge to me, in stark contrast to yourself who mystariously manage to do everything magnifistarntly! You're definitely one of the stars of the show, so I hope your promotion serves to amplify the postartive effect you have in the DFGD.
It's very ice of you to drop by, I couldn't bare it if you were cold and stayed away. Your terrible puns are giving me chills, but your compliments are going to make me freeze up in embarrassment!

Anyway, no questions from me. This was just my attempt to ensure you don't starve of either puns or praise, lest you destarbelise castarstrophically.
Between you and San's last quest of cheese puns, I've had my fill for a while!

Congratulations!! but most importantly of all thank you for the continual effort you've made for which you're now being recognised most deservedly. The DF AKs are such a fantastic bunch of people, and you'll fit in perfectly ^_^

Thank YOU, Rayen! Here's to hoping I do a good job!

< Message edited by Starflame13 -- 3/5/2017 9:41:11 >
AQ DF  Post #: 30
3/5/2017 9:40:48   
Chaosweaver Amon
Friendly!

Congratulations! *high five*
Thank you! *High fives back*

It's been a while since I've been able to be active on the Forums, but I'm still well aware that you deserve it.
Thank you very much, I'm honored to have been asked to join!

I feel as though I ought to ask you something, so I'll leave you with this:

How many belts does it take to be a master Chaosweaver?
Twice as many as it takes to be a master Soulweaver. Chaos is harder to control :P

That's all I've got, once again, congratulations!!!
Thanks again!

< Message edited by Starflame13 -- 3/5/2017 9:50:34 >
DF  Post #: 31
3/5/2017 10:04:38   
San Robin
Modzerella

FRESH MEAT
Don't make me get the cheese grater...

Hi!
Hey there!

Gratz on getting those fancy chains :D
*Hurriedly slides the chains back on from where they fell* Um, thanks!

Are you ready for the job?
Nope! Gonna do my best anyways, though!

Are the chains tight enough?
They're probably gonna fall off however tight you make them, so sure?

I don't have many questions :3
All good!

Cya :3
See you around! *goes hunting for crackers*

< Message edited by Starflame13 -- 3/5/2017 16:41:25 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 32
3/5/2017 11:02:30   
Dwelling Dragonlord

ArchKnight AQ / OOC / L&L

*A cloaked figure rises from the shadows.*
*waves a wing in greeting to the figure*

Greetings and congratulations on thy archknighthood, Starflame13.
Many thanks, Dwelling Dragonlord!

What is thy favourite AQ monster?
I haven't played too much AQ, so I'm just going to go with Carnax.

What is thy favourite DF monster?
The DoomKitten

Does thou ever venture into the L&L?
Not too often! I took part in the last Elemental Championships and made it to the top three, though!

May thou persevere in thy duties.
Thank you!

*Bows while succumbing into the shadows.*
*Bows in turn as they depart*

< Message edited by Starflame13 -- 3/5/2017 16:44:51 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 33
3/5/2017 12:59:27   
Aryc

quote:

Sorry if that startled you, but I had to start somewhere on this histarical occasion. Sometimes working out the right things to say seems an instarmountable challenge to me, in stark contrast to yourself who mystariously manage to do everything magnifistarntly! You're definitely one of the stars of the show, so I hope your promotion serves to amplify the postartive effect you have in the DFGD.
It's very ice of you to drop by, I couldn't bare it if you were cold and stayed away. Your terrible puns are giving me chills, but your compliments are going to make me freeze up in embarrassment!

Anyway, no questions from me. This was just my attempt to ensure you don't starve of either puns or praise, lest you destarbelise castarstrophically.

Ow. I think my kidneys just got pun poisoning. And I don't even HAVE kidneys.
*tosses healing potions at Aryc*

With @Dwelling Dragonlord's questions, I've been inspired:

What is your favorite questline in DF and why?
I think I already answered this, but the Light Orb saga!

To elaborate: Was it storytelling, boss-fights, mechanics, or some other reason that made you love it so?
Mainly the story! I enjoyed how they worked Zhoom in as an intelligent yet strong opponent, and I liked how the resistance was shown as (mostly) competent! It had a lot of twists for such a short saga, too.

< Message edited by Starflame13 -- 3/5/2017 16:46:36 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 34
3/5/2017 16:11:33   
Stephen Nix
Penguin Lore Keeper (DF)

If you know me I ask the same questions on every mtak thread so prepare yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am prepared! *draws her swords*

Here comes to you my questions and congrats to you on your continuing AK ship!
Thank you!

Who gave you the deadly task on becoming an AK?
That would be Zyrain, Cyan ArchMage!

How are the shackles.....what color are yours?
Dark purple with swirls of silver sparkles, buuuut I keep losing them!

Are you good or ebil or evil?, choose wisely because if you choose wrong your seat will explode with my icicles rite below your chair I will send you off into the oblivion....muhahahaha!
Good! *flies high above the chair to dodge icicles*

Ready to play?
Wac

Whats your defense to my ultimate attack of ice ownage mixed with pure darkness from the abyss?
Tell Draketh that you're being annoying and let him deal with you.

Does this shirt make me look fat?
Penguins have enough blubber for warmth without needing a shirt.

Does it make you look fat?
Depends if I'm in Gryffin or Humanoid form.

What did you do when you were first given permission to work for the forums? Did you party, dance....
Sat and stared at my computer for a good 30 seconds, then partied!

What is your signature lock? "B"locked, Ultimate Lock down, Clawed or even frozen in time or something else...
Not sure yet! Debating just flying away with the thread that needs locking...

I hope that you're having a fun time among the DF GGD/ War community...cya says Stephen Nix!
See you, Nix!

May the undead penguins eat you alive...boh.
The Beacons of Hope shall shine on against your evil opposition, Penguin!

< Message edited by Starflame13 -- 3/5/2017 16:53:14 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 35
3/8/2017 22:55:49   
golden1231

Star! *snugs* :D
Golden!! *snugs back*

I don't really have any questions for you, but congratulations! This was really well deserved, and I've been expecting it for a while. ;)
Thank you very much! I'm looking forward to doing a good job!

Good luck with your new duties, and welcome aboard! ^-^
Thanks again, and see you around!

< Message edited by Starflame13 -- 3/9/2017 9:07:47 >
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 36
3/9/2017 11:06:07   
  Zyrain
The Arcane

*waves* Just thought I'd pop by.
Always good to see you, Zy!

How are your shackles? Do I need to tighten them?
Actually, could I get some glue? That might make them stick for a little longer...

What's your favorite animal?
I'm going to assume I can't answer "gryffin" :P don't have a single favorite, but right now the Flemish Rabbit (a 50lb ball of fluff) is near the top of the list!

What's your favorite pizza topping(s)?
Just Cheese! (Don't tell San...)

It won't be long until you succumb to the power of BLOO!
I think I'll be able to hold on to PURPLE for a while!

Have fun. :)
Will do!

*leaves with an evil grin*

< Message edited by Starflame13 -- 3/9/2017 13:05:49 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 37
3/10/2017 17:30:23   
.*. .*. .*.
Pfft hahaha!

One Starry congratulates another Starry!
Thank you!!

Have fun! :)
Will do!

< Message edited by Starflame13 -- 3/13/2017 15:22:14 >
Post #: 38
3/13/2017 20:36:56   
Kiyone

Question time froma random archknight.
Answer time from a less-random one!

1. What is your stance on the color blue?
Blue is a very lovely color, just not my favorite! I wear a lot of blue, though.

2. Who's your favorite girl in the Tenchi Universe?
I'm unfamiliar with the Tenchi Universe, so no answer, sorry!

3. Are you an "Autobots Transform and Roll Out!" or "Autobots Rev up!" or "Decepticons Rise Up" person? or "Maximals Maximize" or " Predacons Terrorize!
I'm sure I'm missing a reference, but "Maximals Maximize" sounds the coolset!

4. Current Kamen Rider series is Ex-Aid. In which we have Doctors meet video games. Where doctors are armored characters with faces of their chibi level one forms on their back. So what typ of Kamen Rider with video game theme would you be?
Again, something I'm unfamiliar with, but I like more puzzle/strategy based video games like Portal, so something that went with that?

5. Who is your favorite character from Fire Emblem?
Soren from Path of Radiance

6. What is your favorite version of Chris Jericho?
Again, something I'm not familiar with, sorry!

7. Did you feel the FEELS from Kevin Owens betraying Chris Jerico?
See above :P

8. If I were to sacrifice you for the greater will of Blue. Will you comply?
Prooobably not :P

9. What is your stance on Nythera in game version?
I don't really trust her still, but I think she's gone through some of the coolest and most prominent character development of any of the NPC's, and I really hope we get to continue to see her more and how she grows with her own powers.

10. Have you found me in Drgaonfable?
You're lost?!? QUICK! We need a search party, everyone! *flies off*

< Message edited by Starflame13 -- 3/14/2017 13:51:37 >
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 39
3/14/2017 13:51:58   
Starflame13

Going to leave this up for one more week, so get those questions in, people!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 40
3/14/2017 18:04:17   
Dragonman

I'm bad at questions, but congrats Star!
Thanks a bunch, Dman!

< Message edited by Starflame13 -- 3/14/2017 18:53:04 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 41
3/14/2017 18:29:48   
PyroPuppy
Adorable!

Asking silly questions and actually getting them answered, I love MtAK threads!
I always loved asking questions, it's fun being on the other side!

First, congratulations! I hope you're already enjoying being part of the team!
Thank you very much! The entire team is amazing.

1. What color are your shackles?
Dark purple with swirls of silver sparkle, think kinda like a galaxy!

2. What is your stance on the color red?
Very dramatic and one of my favorite colors to wear, but purple is the best overall!

3. What video games have you played recently? Did you enjoy them?
I've been playing a bunch of OverWatch recently! I enjoy it because rather than the traditional shooter style game, it really emphasizes strategy and teamwork.

4. This year I haven't dressed up at all in Halloween, what should I go as next year?
A giant cookie!

5. How did your first hear about AE?
I was playing a browser game called Howrse, and just happened to decide that was the one day I should check out the add that popped up while loading (an AQ add). Found DF from Ballyhoo in AQ!

6. Favorite music to listen to?
Anything upbeat, really! I enjoy singing along to pop music for the most part.

7. What movies have you seen recently? Would you recommend them?
I got to see Guardians of the Galaxy for the first time recently, and I completely loved it! Also got to see Rogue One and Moana, which are for very different audiences but I'd still recommend them both.

8. What is your opinion about math?
I enjoy it if I can tell there's a practical application for it.

9. What type of food do you like the most?
Fruits and chocolate, though not combined!

10. Do you play AE games other than DF? If you do, which? If you don't, is there one you want to play in particular?
I played MQ up through the finale, and AQW up through around the Sandsea Saga, but currently just sticking with DF

This was fun! Congratulations again!
Many thanks!

< Message edited by Starflame13 -- 3/14/2017 18:58:41 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 42
3/14/2017 22:33:13   
Occavatra

Good evening, Starflame. I'm sorry I'm late, but congratulations on your ascension to knighthood in the DFGD section. ^_^
No worries about the timing, and thank you very much!

Do you prefer chocolate or vanilla ice cream? Or to take up a notch, do you like hot fudge sundaes?
Chocolate ice cream! With lots of hot fudge and marshmallow fluff!

What has led you to discover the world of DragonFable and how has it inspired you in any way?
I found AQ from a game ad, and then discovered DF from there! Dragonfable itself has inspired me just to be more creative with stories, as well as knowing that you can have multiple complex story arcs intertwined together in a way that all of them are meaningful.

Do you prefer orange, red, or dark blue as decorative colors when customizing a house?
Probably reds and blues for decoration, though I think green actually works best in most houses!

If you can possess any type of elemental magic on Lore, what would it be?
Light Magic

That's all from me. As I said, welcome aboard and I'm sure you'll do fantastic. I'll see you around.
Thank you very much, and see you around!

< Message edited by Starflame13 -- 3/14/2017 23:16:54 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 43
3/16/2017 23:06:58   
popinloopy

Congrats, Star!

Not much to say, sorry. But still, congrats! I'm sure you'll do a great job!
Thank you very much!

< Message edited by Starflame13 -- 3/21/2017 8:30:56 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 44
3/21/2017 1:07:09   
Vonix

Heeey, can i ask you for you for your real name (first one only)? // Oh, knew it. Sorry then!

As stated in the =AE= Comprehensive Forum Rules, posting personal information is prohibited. I'd rather not have to give myself a warning!

< Message edited by Vonix -- 3/21/2017 17:53:11 >
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 45
3/21/2017 14:42:16   
draketh99
Purple Armadillo

Well hey there!
Draketh! *tacklesnugs*

Congrats on your AK-ship! I was wondering how long it'd take for them to grab you :P
Just long enough for me to inherit your purple chains, looks like! *grabs hers from the desk and puts them back on*

Remember to stay true to your purple! The bloo influence is pretty heavy over there these days, from what I've heard >.>
Purple shall survive!

I guess that I now get to ask questions for you to answer, or at least, answer in public :D I'll behave :P
Many thanks :P

1) Since no one has asked this yet (I'm disappointed in you all), would you rather fight one horse-sized duck, or 500 duck sized horses?
Fight?!? Why would I fight 500 duck sized horses when I could adopt them all as pets?

2) What's your favorite memory of DF?
Rolith's quest to propose to Alina! It happened right after I figured out how to get to Falconreach and learned what buttons did xD

3) Who would win in a fight, a pink Artix or a Cysero with both socks tied behind his back?
A Galanoth who was told they both had a map to the nearest Dragon lair.

4) Favorite non-dragon pet in DF?
Zhoom's pet, Zixcy!

5) How many boxes would a boxing sneevil box if a boxing sneevil could box boxes?

6) What do you think is the safest of all places in Lore?
If you want safety, then you better be nowhere NEAR Lore :P

7) Are you sure about that?
Yup!

8) Roll for initiative.
!roll1d20 for a 19 + 4 dex modifier... 23! *draws her twin swords and pounces*

9) I'm a bit late with these questions, as you've had some time to dive into AK-ing by now, what's your favorite part?
Honestly, just getting to know and work with the entire AK team! Everyone has been so kind in helping me find my footing.

10) Will you go out with me?
Only if you're going to help me take care of those 500 duck-sized horses >.>

Well that was fun!
Very!

Best of luck with your AK-dom, the people you're working with are some of the nicest you could ever meet, and a joy to work with!
Well, you were one of them, so of course they're all super nice! But thank you.

Have a wonderful day and fly free, Sky Huntress! And see you soon! <3
Have a lovely day yourself, Prince of Purple!

< Message edited by Starflame13 -- 3/21/2017 20:11:43 >

DF  Post #: 46
3/22/2017 7:19:06   
Elryn

Custodian (DF)

<.<
>.>

>.>
<.<

*Elryn grins*
*bearhugs*

*Elryn outstretches his hand. The Sky rains with scores and scores of barrels of Moglinberry Juice*
Eep! *dives under her nearest everything-proof Umbrella*

*Elryn sips a barrel before the juicy defeat of his war foes and offers one to Star*
Yum, thanks!

Why hello there! I almost did not see you ^_^
Hey Elryn! You'd think the giant wings would be hard to miss, though...

You are invited to a tea party jointly hosted by the Kefka and the Mad Hatter. What tea do you bring?
Country Blue Berry. Smells like blueberry muffins!

Your town is being invaded by a nuclear godzilla Lemming because it has a very bad case of the munchies. How do you resolve this situation?
Offer it said tea and muffins?

Next- *looks at the time* Oh dear... I will need to return to this. I will be back... with more questions ^_^ (No, no. Not as Arnold). *Elryn stuffs himself into a tiny car and drives off*
*sits on top of the tiny car and enjoys the ride*

< Message edited by Starflame13 -- 3/22/2017 9:24:20 >
AQ  Post #: 47
3/22/2017 7:46:07   
Rafiq von den Vielen

The ground trembles as a disembodied voice mumbles in a long-forgotten tongue. With the darkening sun, a spectre arises from the ground, golden eyes aimed at the figure surrounded by questioning eyes of the many.
Pretty entrance!

Here's where I expected a Celldweller pun. I believe one cannot have everything then. Thank you kindly, for shattering the imagery of a world I once believed in. I nonetheless congratulate you.
Nah, I only shatter enemies. But thank you!

Can't expect you to know me, even if I'm a quite ancient forum member (I blame DF being only my secondary game and therefor the one I much less regularly post in, shame on me. I should revert that priority at some point. Would you agree to me doing as such?) but that shall never hinder me in congratulating when I see the opportunity present.
Play the games that bring you the most fun! (Though I do hope DF is one of them!)

Have a cake. The cake causes a miniature black hole. Whoops. Erm... I have to see someone concerning this matter.
*pokes at the black hole, feeds it to Elryn*

Au revoir.
See you!

The figure dissipates into a vein of magma.

< Message edited by Starflame13 -- 3/22/2017 9:26:34 >
Post #: 48
3/22/2017 22:08:32   
Shiny_Underpants

What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
The air-speed velocity of an unladen EUROPEAN swallow is about 24mph

What... is my favourite colour?
Well, I don't know tha- WHAAAAA! *Gets sent flying*

On a slightly more serious note, what are your three favourite non-AE games, individually, in terms of storyline, gameplay and immersion? (excluding Overwatch)
For gameplay, I'm a HUGE fan of the Portal games. I love the puzzle aspects (and the storyline's not bad either!) For storyline specifically, any of the legend of Zelda games are great, but Skyward Sword is my current favorite. For immersion, I think that the new Sun/Moon pokemon games do an amazing job of pulling you into their world.

And why are they the best?
They're fun and even on a replay, there's always a new path or discovery!

*leaves in the most mundane, yet inexplicably dazzling manner imaginable*
*waves from where she's been circling in the air after question 2*

It's a European swallow

< Message edited by Starflame13 -- 3/23/2017 16:47:16 >
Post #: 49
3/23/2017 2:53:39   
LurkBlackSmith

Congrats to your AK-ship!.
Thank you!

So here's my questions:

1) How many comedy novels have you read?
Not a lot xD I've read some comedy plays, but I tend to read more fantasy novels than anything.

2) What type of regional food would you love to try to make?
Hm... Indian food might be fun, if you toned down the spice

3) What kind of world building do you prefer?
I like stories that start off by throwing you into action and then gradually fill in all the details around you.

4) Prefer a bowl or a actual mug to eat your cereal with milk?
I actually eat my cereal dry! So bowl :P

5) Combined a cough/sore throat drop into your green tea from time to time?
Never tried that. I make "honey juice". Take a glass, add about a quarter inch of honey, fill halfway with orange juice and the rest with boiling water. Great for a sore throat!

6) What's your favorite yogurt?
Peach

7) How many PB&J sandwiches would you eat throughout the day and as a midnight snack?
At most one a day, otherwise the food gets boring.

< Message edited by Starflame13 -- 3/23/2017 16:51:52 >
DF  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> Meet the Mods Archives >> RE: =MTAK= When you Wish Upon a Star
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition