Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= Battle Strategy Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Battle Strategy Thread
Page 17 of 25«<1516171819>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/10/2019 17:29:36   
Rubioalto

@EdyMaster
Also... Since it will take me some time to get to level 70+... Do you know any other equipment for levels between 60 - 65? If not thanks anyway

Edit: Just defeated Mahanaem/Samaranth with my equipment i told you earlier, but the problem is Ezrajal/Yaphael... I used for Mahanaem: Weapon:
Transcendence. Armor: Necro Paragon. Cape: Necro Paragon III. Ring (Which I forgot to list): Soulforged Ring (Red) Helm:Larein's Helm IV. Necklace:Soulforged Amulet (Purple). Belt: 30 Stone Belt. Pet: Stan the ScanOrb. Trinket/DragonAmulet: No. Guests: Zhoom and Valencia. Stats: Same. Do you actually have another Helm that could work instead of the Magester Veil? Because The Proclamation was a HELL for me... that Assasin Golem really took time... Actually I could train TechnoMancer and try that?

< Message edited by Rubioalto -- 9/10/2019 18:24:00 >
DF  Post #: 401
9/11/2019 11:46:39   
Plutonium

@zzzzmochi: I don't use Pirate at all, any other options? But thanks.
DF  Post #: 402
9/11/2019 16:23:46   
EdyMaster

@Rubioalto
Just use the level 60 versions of the same items I mentioned (lv65 for Scratchy Rope Choker VI), just know that you will lose some precious resists points. Unfortunately there are no other good options to replace the helmet, the only other non-DA with +5 All is Magi Sentinel Helm which has terrible stats and is much harder to get than White/Black Magester Veil. Techno had a good rework but I don't know how he would do in non-DA, it's worth the test.

< Message edited by EdyMaster -- 9/11/2019 16:24:31 >
DF  Post #: 403
9/12/2019 8:45:50   
zzzzmochi

quote:

@zzzzmochi: I don't use Pirate at all, any other options? But thanks

I believe Technomancer can work as well. Follow the same strategy by focusing the minions first. You basically sacrifice defence(no blinds) for more offence(all resist down for 4 turns).

You could still try the pirate strategy as it is not rare so it is accessible. In any case, good luck sir.

:-]

Edit:
quote:

Any other ways to beat this leg of the Tower besides Pirate and Technomancer?

You could try using Master Soulweaver and invite Aegis plus Artix as guests using the same stat points in dragon. Aegis can help you stun the minions easily with the 3 hits for 1 turn and also buff avoidance for both himself and you. Save the - ice resist on the boss. Also, make sure to use an ice weapon and show ice scythe and use a multi hitting skill on the boss when you are done with the minions.

You also have a skill that lowers bonus by 100 so you can play quite similarly to Pirate. You should not need health potions besides healing out of battle so I think it should be good enough.

I hope this helps you, sir.

:]

< Message edited by zzzzmochi -- 9/14/2019 4:57:21 >
Post #: 404
9/17/2019 13:22:52   
Jet Silver

So, can anyone help me figure out how to beat the Sepulchure challenge? I've tried Baltael Weaver, Chaosweaver, brought guests, had all the healing items in the world.

But no matter what, it seems like regardless of how much damage I'm trying to deal, by the time his health is at 2000 his all resistance is just too high that not even soul slice can stop him when his health is low enough for the annihilation to work.

My stats are max strength and luck with endurance, for reference. (Not optimal build I know, but crits happen a lot at least.)

God, I don't know how I'm going to get through him teamed up with Caitiff. Caitiff was easy with doomknight at least.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 405
9/17/2019 15:20:49   
Dratomos
Helpful!

@Jet Silver, your best option is Technomancer, since it has -50 All on one attack and boosts your damage nicely. And with tog boost, you will deal great damage, even when Seppy has low health and high all. And with Sepulchure leeching your mana away, Technomancer's power just increases. I recommend following equipment for you:

Ultimate Blinding Light of Destiny/DragonStaff of Destiny (BoA shown)
Necro Paragon Cape
Necro Paragon Helm
Unhallowed DeathKnight Circlet
Slimy Necklace
Voidwoven Belt V
Seven "Lucky" Wishbones
Legion Bracer

Stats 200 in Str/Int, 200 in END and the rest 45 in CHA/WIS, whichever you think you need.

You should now have Immobility 80, All 24 and Evil 15, so Seppy shouldn't be able to stun you now.

And I assume you have trained Pet Dragon to max. I use my Drago with
149 in Protection
200 in Magic
1 in Fighting
150 in Assistance
100 in Mischief.

Start with tog boost and dragon shielding you. Then lower Seppy's all with "Event Horizon" and stun him with your Dragon. After that, you can stun him again with Drillbit, deal damage with Dragon, after that, use your Force-Sword/Photon Bow and lastly, stun him again with Sonic Boom Blaster. With luck, you have dealt 3000 damage to Seppy before he can even touch you.

Don't use your "Vent Heat" before the fight is near the end. When your Heat is 20, you can use Vent Heat to inflict +100 Health resistance, so Seppy won't heal when he has high all.
DF AQW  Post #: 406
9/17/2019 22:41:27   
Jet Silver

I haven't trained my dragon to the max, I got a bunch of gourmet dragon food though so I'm working on it. Do you recommend using dragon as a guest or pet?

Should I bring other guests or go without?

Why shouldn't I use the NSoD as opposed to the BLoD? Nevermind, I see the BLoD does more damage. Sweet.

< Message edited by Jet Silver -- 9/17/2019 23:03:15 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 407
9/18/2019 4:31:14   
Dratomos
Helpful!

Your Dragon should be your Pet and manual actions in options. No guests, they just increase Seppy's damage and don't give much in return. I never use guests in Inn battles personally, but if they fit your playstyle, go ahead.

And the main reason for BLoD is the +10 Al/-20 Health for me. Seppy deals Evil damage, so having equipment that gives you Evil or All resistance does help. Just having the most offensive equipment doesn't work for me atleast in Inn challenges.
DF AQW  Post #: 408
9/19/2019 16:33:06   
Plutonium

Monster/Quest

Monster/Quest Name: The Archives
Character Link: https://www.dragonfable.com/df-chardetail.asp?id=46482790
Dragon Amulet (yes/no): Yes
Level: 90
Build: Mage/Ascendant (among others aside from Pirate & Technomancer)
Weapons Equipped: Ultra OmniKnight Blade w Blade of Awe (shown)
Accessories Equipped: Wings of the Unraveler III, Tentacle of the Dominion III, Fierce DragonLord Helm, Leaf of Flux III, Uaanta's Blaster IV (Uncharged), Crystal Notched Belt V, Legion Bracer w Hero's Diet & 5 Potions from Forum Seller
Stats: INT & END: 200 w WIS: 45
Pets Equipped: Avalon (pet dragon)
Previously Used Strategies: DmK v2, Master Soulweaver, Chaosweaver
Notes: please no Pirate or Technomancer
DF  Post #: 409
9/19/2019 18:54:53   
EdyMaster

/\
I suggest you use your default +All gear with Unhallowed DeathKnight Circlet for more Evil/Good resists. You can trade Wings of the Unraveler for Wings of The Thousand Flames/Infernosl for a more defensive and secure fight. If you don't have EUD trinket use Shapeless Idol V or NSTB for a more defensive fight.

Always remember to make choices that weaken enemies, never strengthen them. You can start the tower with a good choice such as MPM debuffing to have the most advantage ahead, if you don't get this choice simply go out and try again until you get it. And of course, keep your HP/MP as high as possible and start the last boss with all available potions/food.

It is also worth remembering that Daatel can be stunned using pet Dragon with 200 Mischief. And with 200 Assistance you can use Dragon Scout to deny his MPM shield or blinds. Another thing I'm not sure if it works but you can try is using a shield/blind in the second turn to try to avoid Daatael's -50% boost debuff, because if the effect depends on the skill hit or not then it's extremely necessary to avoid the hits.
DF  Post #: 410
9/19/2019 20:29:37   
Plutonium

Yeah, starting to reach that Dominion of Dreams (from the Dreamscape Challenges section) level of erkedness (not a word, I know) I had a while back and it's annoying me. Well, that's my cue to stop I guess.

< Message edited by Plutonium -- 9/21/2019 7:48:03 >
DF  Post #: 411
9/23/2019 17:31:54   
zzzzmochi

@Plutonium Master Soulweaver should do the trick. I did it and recorded the run here if you are interested.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dFXEjBFEaAI

Guests: Sir Leon(for his high BtH) & Artix

Dragon stats should be prioritised in this order:

200 Magic
200 Mischief
200 Fighting

Whenever you get a positive stat boost, show Blade of Awe and heal from Retribution until you are full. Avoid damage on 2 enemy waves by using stuns/blind. Heal mana later by either using mp pot outside of battle or your own skill.

< Message edited by zzzzmochi -- 10/7/2019 4:05:35 >
Post #: 412
9/24/2019 0:29:37   
Plutonium

that worked out swell, thanks. did bring Hero's Diet and extra potions though. 8 more to go.

EDIT I: 7 more to go, but its a tad bit strenuous.

EDIT II: 5 down, 5 more to go.

EDIT III: 6 down, 4 more to go.

EDIT IV: 8 down, 2 more to go.

EDIT V: 9 down, 1 more to go.

< Message edited by Plutonium -- 9/26/2019 13:03:53 >
DF  Post #: 413
9/24/2019 17:04:10   
zzzzmochi

Good job! I am glad that helped you. I wish you good luck for the rest of those pages, sir.

Post #: 414
10/4/2019 23:25:19   
Plutonium

Monster/Quest

Monster/Quest Name: Wrath from The Corrupted Seven
Build: Ascendant (among others aside from Pirate and Technomancer)
Weapons Equipped: Draconic Dimshadow IX w Blade of Awe (shown)
Accessories Equipped: Wings of the Unraveler III, Tentacle of the Dominion III, Fierce DragonLord Helm, Leaf of Flux III, Uaanta's Blaster IV (Uncharged), Crystal Notched Belt V, Legion Bracer + Hero's Diet & 5 Potions from Forum Seller
Stats: INT & END: 200 WIS: 45
Pets Equipped: Avalon (pet dragon)
Previously Used Strategies: DmK v2 with some cheese strategy
Notes: N/A for now

EDIT I: ITS DINNERTIME! Beat Wrath. Now to tackle Sloth

EDIT II: ITS DINNERTIME! Beat Sloth on my FIRST TRY

< Message edited by Plutonium -- 10/6/2019 22:05:54 >
DF  Post #: 415
10/5/2019 11:05:57   
zzzzmochi

@Plutonium You could try Doomknight V2 and invite Sir Leon and Artix. Train 200 mischief, fighting and assistance on your dragon in that order. Equip a light weapon and use Corruption, Warcry with Sir Leon and DPS with the rest. Then, Drain Will for the -100 immobility resist and Dragon''s fume, reducing her immobility resist to 0. Stun with Sir Leon. Activate Dark Ritual for the burst. Activate Dark Favor if you can kill her fast enough. Otherwise, just use your best damage ability.

Edit: I believe Wrath heals 100% of the damage from critical hits. So if possible, try to use equipments with minimal crit and don't use Sir Leon final attack. A good helmet to use is the Magi helmet you can get from one of those Inn Challenges. It lowers your bonus as well but your pet can boost it up so you have nothing to worry about. Get STR stat instead of INT.

Her attack pattern : Buffs either 200 bonus, 100 boost, 200 crit or 200 BPD for 1 turn > attacks for 2 hits > Buff (look at first attack pattern for what buff) > attacks for 4 hits > Buffs > attacks for 6 hits > Buffs > Nuke (not sure how many hits) > Repeat

If possible keep your blind and boost down for the nuke. If she buffs her bonus, Boost down with your doom knight, Dragon and Sir Leon. If she buffs her boost, blind her with doom knight and Dragon(you should still boost down with Sir Leon anyway since it's a short CD). If she buffs her crit, choose either blind or boost down stacking. If she buffs her defense, use your defensive ability on doom knight, tickles on dragon, defend on Sir Leon.

Note: I do not have have Doomknight yet (1 year and 10 months more), so I'm not sure of its burst. If you do not have enough damage, you might want to avoid using Dark Favor too early.

I hope it helps you, sir.

< Message edited by zzzzmochi -- 10/5/2019 20:08:42 >
Post #: 416
10/6/2019 4:49:04   
raylas

Alright.... Ancient Duo challenge fight at the Inn.

Been trying to get these two down for the golden eyeball to upgrade my quadforce staff to max. Can't seem to drop them, but I haven't tried a huge abundance of stuff yet due to a lack of time.

So, tell me: Anybody got a way to drop these guys? I don't need an optimal min-maxed method or anything, I'll take a jerry-rigged method or quick and dirty based on my current stats and items, just as long as it gets 'em dead and gets me my shiny whacking stick I'm happy.

Thanks in advance!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 417
10/6/2019 11:16:13   
zzzzmochi

@raylas

Edit: You should get Unhallowed Deathknight Circlet, Wings of the Unraveler and Leaf of Flux III. I might have looked at the wrong account and you already got them. In that case, please ignore this and I apologise.

I see that you have Doomknight, you could try cheesing the boss with Sir Leon and Nythera. Considering that your account is very old, I am going to assume that your dragon is fully fed. Dragon points into 200 Mischief, Assistance and fighting. Your stats could be 200 INT, 200 END and 45 CHA. Use a light weapon for Sir Leon and your pet. Nythera has one single target light skill too. Cast Corruption on your first turn followed by Outrage on your pet. Aim on Sir Leon just in case he gets blinded. Roar on Nythera. Obviously everyone should focus Gananana unless specified.

You should now use Drain Will and dragon's fume and stun with Sir Leon. If Augahim hits you with the -100 all, blind him with your dragon. Activate Dark Ritual on Gananana. Sir leon shield to block the stun. Blind Augahim again with Nythera. From here just go full DPS on Gananana. If your guests get too low, use a potion.

If it does not work, you can try Pirate solo. Your dragon should have 200 fighting, protection and mischief. Your stats: 200 END, 200 CHA, 45 LUK. If you are interested, here is a video on how you can beat it: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Imh9QIWxprI

You will need Chimera pet at least. Show Ice Scythe and have your dragon's element set to ice.

Your first 10 turns skill rotation should look something like this >
Hero(Pirate):
Parrot > Counter(successfully block augahim otherwise, retry) > Target Practice > shield > plunder > unity/limeworks > lime aid > parrot > boost buff > shield

Pet:
Tail lash > Tail lash > tickles > primal fury > outrage> swap to chimera > shield > swap back to dragon > tail lash/heal > > tail lash/heal

To explain, you should always keep your shield for Gananana's 4th attack in a rotation so you can block that plus its nuke. Dodge Gananana's attacks as much as possible using blind. Also note that Pirate's Backstab BPD buff is only applied on your next turn rather than immediately. The BPD buff is mainly to reduce damage taken from Augahim. Try your best to not rely on it to avoid Gananana's attacks as it has high critical values(60+). You can of course use temporary items if you feel like you need it.

If it still does not work, you could try Balt Soulweaver and get some temporary items and use the same skill rotations as TFS did in this video:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NJ5KONtZwh8 (credits to TFS for this)

I hope this helps you, sir. Good luck and have fun!

< Message edited by zzzzmochi -- 10/6/2019 11:36:29 >
Post #: 418
10/7/2019 2:27:43   
raylas

^ Well, I tried those.

Closest I got was killing Gannana, and then getting wiped out.

I give up. I've never been good at the inn fights, this one has tested my patience to the point I'm no longer having fun, I'm actually legitimately angry at it and want to throw my laptop.

No matter what I attempt, I can't bring them down, my luck never holds and I always die before I can kill Auguahim.

Thanks for trying, but I'm too stupid to be helped, I guess.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 419
10/7/2019 3:53:00   
zzzzmochi

I believe it is because you need more resistance equipments. Try getting the items I mentioned and try again. I know you can do it, sir.

quote:

Edit: You should get Unhallowed Deathknight Circlet, Wings of the Unraveler and Leaf of Flux III. I might have looked at the wrong account and you already got them. In that case, please ignore this and I apologise

It is definitely worth it. I have been using them ever since I got them.

Good luck!

< Message edited by zzzzmochi -- 10/7/2019 3:58:47 >
Post #: 420
10/9/2019 19:51:19   
Gerge

Monster/Quest Name: The Exaltia Tower: The Archives
Character Link: https://www.dragonfable.com/df-chardetail.asp?id=40119930
Dragon Amulet (yes/no):Yes
Build: Dragonlord, Pirate, and Technomancer
Weapons Equipped: Sea Chickens Conquest with Blade of Awe shown
Accessories Equipped: Wings of the Unraveler III, Unhallowed Deathknight Circlet, Defensive Baltael's Aventail, Squirrel tentacle IV, Uaanta's Blaster IV, Leorilla mane belt, Legion Bracer
Stats: END 200, INT 185, WIS 55
Pets Equipped: Baby dragon
Previously Used Strategies: going through with pirate, using plunder to heal between fights and providing buffs for Nythera and Artix. Also tried to go through, applying Perm debuffs to enemies and then healing with dragonlord.
Notes: N/A
Post #: 421
10/9/2019 23:36:06   
zzzzmochi

@Gerge You could try using the strategy I posted above:

quote:

Master Soulweaver should do the trick. I did it and recorded the run here if you are interested.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dFXEjBFEaAI

Guests: Sir Leon(for his high BtH) & Artix

Dragon stats should be prioritised in this order:

200 Magic
200 Mischief
200 Fighting

Whenever you get a positive stat boost, show Blade of Awe and heal from Retribution until you are full. Avoid damage on 2 enemy waves by using stuns/blind. Heal mana later by either using mp pot outside of battle or your own skill.

Recommended build would be 200 CHA, 200 END and 45 INT. Trinket would be Summon Gem: Ricterild or Chi Blast if you have it. If you were to use Summon Gem: Ricterild, use your Light element weapon.

< Message edited by zzzzmochi -- 10/10/2019 10:00:18 >
Post #: 422
10/13/2019 14:55:22   
Skull tha lad

Monster/Quest Name: Red, Green and Blue; Book 3 Tomix Saga War Boss
Character Link: https://www.dragonfable.com/df-chardetail.asp?id=29909539
Dragon Amulet (yes/no): yes
Level: 40
Build: Soul Weaver
Weapons Equipped: Brand of Glory
Accessories Equipped: Sweet Cider Keg, Mazurek's Emerald Pinky Ring, Doomknight Helm, Ursine Necklace I, Summon Gem - Roktoru, Dragon Scale Belt
Stats: STR 121 DEX 12 INT 12 CHA 6 LUK 5 END 58 WIS 51
Pets Equipped: Baby Dragon
Previously Used Strategies: Tried the boss strategy and multiple tough enemy strategy from the Class Strategy Guide forum post
Notes:

< Message edited by Skull tha lad -- 10/14/2019 17:04:46 >
Post #: 423
10/26/2019 17:03:28   
Plutonium

Monster/Quest

Monster/Quest Name: The Endless Invasion: Togpocalypse! Floor lvl: 663
Build: Ascendant (main) among others aside from Pirate and Technomancer
Weapons Equipped: The Threadcutter IX w Blade of Awe (shown)
Accessories Equipped: Wings of the Unraveler III, Tentacle of Dominion III, Fierce DragonLord Helm, Leaf of Flux III, Uaanta's Blaster IV (Uncharged), Crystal Notched Belt V, Legion Bracer & Hero's Diet + Extra Potions from Forum Seller
Stats: INT & END: 200 WIS: 45
Pets Equipped: Avalon (pet Dragon)
Previously Used Strategies: Chaosweaver & Eternal Epoch
Notes: N/A

< Message edited by Plutonium -- 10/26/2019 17:21:38 >
DF  Post #: 424
10/27/2019 11:02:18   
zzzzmochi

@Plutonium try Chaosweaver and Aegis book 3 guest (to invite him, equip any Soulweaver class first then invite him. Very recommended that you equip all your items first before inviting him as you wouldn't want him to die)

Equipments :

Soulforged Scythe (Ice) with Ice Scythe shown.
Wings of the Unraveler III
Dark Sepulchure helm (Distorted Doom Visage III is better)
Ring of Otherworld III
Leaf of Flux III
Vaal's Ego
Legion Bracer

Your dragon stats should be 200 magic, 200 assistance and 200 mischief.

Hero stats : 200 INT, 200 END and 45 CHA or LUK.

Strategy if Tog uses shield :

First turn - Unempowered Vengeance - Tickles - Aegis shield

Second turn - Empowered Soul Aegis - Dragon +100 bonus buff - Aegis ice resist debuff

Third turn - Empowered Soul gambit + Soul Slice - Dragon 25% damage boost buff - Attack or Hp potion, depending if he gets hit. You wouldn't want him to die.

Fourth turn - Untangle (Final) - Elemental Supernova - same as third turn

Fifth turn - Soul Shred (-100 bonus) or Rebuke if it's low enough or Siphon - Elemental breath - same as above

Sixth turn - Rebuke if you haven't already or Soul Shred - Attack - same

It should be dead by now.

Edit: Video version > https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a9DTm4OAOOI (1 minute 16 seconds)

When Tog uses stun or DoT(no shield) :

First turn - Unempowered Vengeance - Tickles - Aegis shield

Second turn - Empowered Soul Aegis - dragon damage boost up - Aegis ice resist debuff

Third turn - Empowered Soul Gambit + Untangle - Supernova - Attack (use hp pot if he does get hit)

Fourth turn - Rebuke(if it's low enough)/Soul Shred/Soul Slice - Elemental breath - Attack or hp potion

Fifth turn - Rebuke/Soul Slice/Snap and it should be dead.

Edit : Video version > https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LQN41np-NHs (1 minute 16 seconds)

The fights were done at levels 1018 and 1019 so it should be easier for you, sir.

I hope that helps!

:-]

< Message edited by zzzzmochi -- 10/27/2019 11:28:33 >
Post #: 425
Page:   <<   < prev  15 16 [17] 18 19   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Battle Strategy Thread
Page 17 of 25«<1516171819>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition