Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Returning player questions

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Q&A >> Returning player questions
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/22/2020 0:34:37   
Pinkie Pie

After an 8 year hiatus, I finally found myself with a schedule that gives me a bunch of free time. I thought I might visit the game again for old times' sake, but everything looks pretty different so I have some questions:
1. Stats seem to be relatively unchanged aside from health and energy. How much health and energy is considered acceptable (I came from a time where 95 hp was the standard)?
2. What is the best class? Currently I am a tech mage, but my new experience with the class has been underwhelming. I've seen a lot of level 40 blood mages running around, so do I assume that is the best class?
3.What are the most meta-relevant cores? Are the stat boosting passive cores the way to go? What about active cores?
4. What does the general meta look like? Like how is each class generally playing nowadays?
5. What are currently the best bots? I currently have Gamma Bot, both Omega Yeti and have Pyro Fly in the buyback shop.
6.Also, it seems defence and resistance seem to look different too. How much defence/resistance is considered acceptable (or too low, if that's an easier way to answer the question)?

< Message edited by Pinkie Pie -- 1/22/2020 0:45:24 >
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
1/22/2020 7:00:02   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

Welcome back! A lot has changed in those 8 years.

Regarding the 95HP, nowadays that would be 950HP due to decimal place changes. If I can find the Design Notes on this I will link them.

1. The amount of health and energy that is deemed acceptable is really whittled down to what your build entails. For example a 5 Focus build usually sits around 950-1,100HP and the base energy of their class, as increasing energy with 5 Focus builds is not really something that is done as you can manage well without altering it. Whereas for example a Strength based build would increase their health to around 1300-1800HP but still keep base energy. Cyber Hunters are most likely to increase their energy up to around 900-1000 due to the Memory Leak Skill (akin to Poison on Bounty Hunter) and to have enough to Massacre after and still have some play room within energy.

2. The best class is pretty subjective, and down to personal tastes. A regular Mercenary can have a really good win ratio as can a Bounty Hunter. It all comes down to your build, and how well you can play the class/build combination. Blood Mages are pretty common, but also so are the Mercenaries and Cyber Hunters even moreso now due to buffs.

3. There are a wide variety of cores being used at play from what I see, what is most common is the Omega Captain Promo (now rare, core information can be find via the link). Stat boosting cores obtained from Vendbots are still very much in play, And you do not usually go one battle without seeing at least one because they are cheap and provide a constant, usefull bonus it would be preferred to equip at least one. They offer bonuses in all 4 main stat types (Str, Dex, Tech, Supp) Active cores again are still very much used, Generator is a common one which provides the player a once per battle increase of health and energy, the amount gained from this core depends on your defense/resistance balance on your armour pieces which can be customized in the item screen in your inventory. The new Omega weapons are also very much loved and the cores will be displayed on the splash screen as you enter the game.

4. Today I would say Cyber Hunters and Mercenaries/Tactical Mercenaries are increasingly common, as I forementioned the buffs to these classes have players coming back to them at full speed and for good reason. they are very versatile classes with active defense/resistance bonuses in the Skill tree, and can have all sorts of builds whether it is Strength based, or solely on Tech.

5. The Gamma Bot damage wise is 2nd to the top as far as I can see due to the 108% damage on its Gamma Blast attack, just below the Android bots. Omega Yeti is still used a decent amount and very good against Supp builds and the Str builds due to removing the targets sidearm and auxilliary. Pyro fly is still used although I do not personally see as much as I used to. Against bosses however it is deemed almost needed on some of them. You can get away with a Poison bot but Pyro Fly is the way to go to remove a Skill from the bosses.

6. Again, when I mentioned the decimal place changes defence and resistance have also taken on that change, for a 5 Focus build around 350 defence/resistance is the most common and what you can expect to hit with a 45/45/85/45 stat setup. As Legendary Ranks increase however you can increase your stats by a few times up to 100 total points across the board. Where as an Auxilliary may go up by 2 damage per point, defence/resistance will go up 3 per point. With a Str/Supp build you can get away with having low defences due to the relative damage output, sure it may be risky sometimes, but stack up on Field Medic and you should be good to go.

Hopefully that is easy to read as it is a lot of information.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Q&A >> Returning player questions
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition