Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Golden Giftbox Cross-Game Extravaganza

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: Golden Giftbox Cross-Game Extravaganza
Page 6 of 9«<45678>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/14/2020 18:17:10   
lolerster

Boss boost applies to all rolls.
AQ  Post #: 126
2/14/2020 18:36:35   
Dreiko Shadrack

^It doesn't.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 127
2/14/2020 18:38:46   
lolerster

Uh sorry, it applies to stuff that stuns or reduces its dmg...which means it wouldn't apply to chaos orb.
AQ  Post #: 128
2/15/2020 8:55:03   
Bolter

Axe of Cerberus is bugged in that it says it does 16-32 damage in Melee mode at lv150. It should be 21-43 at lv150 or something, even though the amount of damage I'm doing with it is certainly seems to depict so.

< Message edited by Bolter -- 2/15/2020 9:08:26 >
AQ  Post #: 129
2/15/2020 15:52:44   
zekefreed777

Sort of disappointed at the new GGB frequencies. I only got to pull 1 UGG from the whole thing I got.

On the flip side, I picked up all the cool stuff from the rare GGBs and I'm enjoying those at least. All my stuff is now !!! too finally...

EDIT: Best part of getting the GGBs was being able to dump Wicked King plate for Quester's Heavy Dragon Gunner. I hate the Wicked King boss a lot

< Message edited by zekefreed777 -- 2/16/2020 22:46:16 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 130
2/15/2020 16:07:09   
lolerster

Do we know when the last ggb are coming out?
AQ  Post #: 131
2/15/2020 21:59:55   
Dr Disrespect
Helpful!

They should be out today but with the number of delays we are getting, who knows?
Post #: 132
2/15/2020 23:45:21   
Kurtz96

The worst part its that the remaining items sound like the most interesting.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 133
2/16/2020 4:32:05   
Dreiko Shadrack

^That's specifically why they're taking the longest to make.

Rather wait a bit longer if it means more interesting items.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 134
2/16/2020 10:38:30   
battlesiege15

Surprise it's just a +4.25 bth or +5% boost.
AQ AQW  Post #: 135
2/16/2020 11:18:29   
J9408

Legion Minion seems too similar to Pyre Rat. Is it really worth a UR?

< Message edited by J9408 -- 2/16/2020 17:50:00 >
Post #: 136
2/16/2020 21:44:38   
Slayne

The Chaos Slayer Cleric armors are in the UR GGB now.
One for each element
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 137
2/16/2020 22:14:04   
ArchNero

Looks neat those CS armours.

Now it's just the Maw of chaos and Infinita Staff to wait for.
Post #: 138
2/16/2020 22:34:06   
Aura Knight

Chaos Slayer Cleric is quite nice. I picked up the earth element and I have to say that I think it's amazing how it turned out. You get mana recovery on damage which is an effect you can toggle as well as an earth element locked skill. Being able to alternate between various back item designs is neat too.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 139
2/16/2020 22:54:42   
Kurtz96

Is there an image of all the versions online? I want to see what they look like before deciding to buy or not.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 140
2/16/2020 23:37:48   
J9408

Are the Chaos Slayer Cleric armor's permanent or temporary?

I ask because getting all them, might take people some time.
Post #: 141
2/17/2020 0:45:25   
Aura Knight

They should all be the same purple armor seen in the preview.

Unrelated to that armor, I just picked up the dreadfiend guest and its so good. Hope it isn't bugged but wouldnt be surprised if it was. the backlash effect on it is doing so much damage even when I'm taking mostly weak hits. Could be because I paired it with the chaos misc we got too though.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 142
2/17/2020 1:49:27   
J9408

It's probably the misc.

I ask for comparisons in the question section, for Dreadfiend vs Grimlord and the backlash is not very different from Carnage.
Post #: 143
2/17/2020 1:59:29   
Dr Disrespect
Helpful!

@Aura
I too have both the Chaos Orb misc and the Dreadfiend guest. As J9 said above, I think it's the misc that's helping it tremendously.

@J9
I don't think the Chaos Slayer armors will be going rare. If I have to guess, I think it will be one of the following: Dreadfiend, Infinita Staff or Maw of Chaos. (the last two have yet to be released)

< Message edited by Dr Disrespect -- 2/17/2020 2:55:24 >
Post #: 144
2/17/2020 2:17:07   
Aura Knight

Alright thanks for the clarification. Seems we've got one crazy misc this time. I love it.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 145
2/18/2020 1:35:13   
dragonofchaos

lol! such nostalgia at the vorpal sword! I'm a little disappointed that there isn't any special dialogue with Nimrod about it though when you select the 'sharpen weapons' thing
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 146
2/18/2020 12:21:48   
moe

So what's this about the chaos slayer armors?
AQW  Post #: 147
2/18/2020 12:32:24   
joac1144

@moe
What do you mean?
They are just the new UR GGB armors. http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=22375547
AQ  Post #: 148
2/20/2020 17:56:51   
Drak

Any news on the Infinita Staff?
Post #: 149
2/21/2020 8:34:09   
CH4OT1C!

As I stated earlier in this thread, I had originally intended to delay posting my thoughts on this year's GGBs until after the final ones were released. This was because A). At the time, the three main items I had suggested (Chaos slayer cleric, Maw of Chaos and Infinita staff) hadn't been released and B). I wished to be reasonable, given how busy the staff are. However, 14 days have now passed, and it has now been 8 days since Hollow last updated us in this thread about the ETA of these items (which was also passed 7 days ago). Given there is still no suggestion of the remaining items materialising any time soon, I figured that I would post my thoughts anyway.

When considering the past few GGB releases, I can't help but feel as if I've been cursed in some manner. I hold the dubious honour of suggesting three items that ended up being turn into "magestaves" (a simple +9.375% spell damage boost: Eye of the underworld, Seraph Calamity and Winged sapphire staff). Of course, "cursed" is a bit of misnomer, as it would imply that someone had deliberately done this to me. I don't believe for a second that this was intentional. Nevertheless, I felt quite frustrated. It's also why I had hoped things might be a little different this year. With a number of my suggestions picked, I thought that at least 1 of them would turn out well...

To some extent, I can understand the delays that have plagued this release. With so many items, it's clearly one of the busiest releases of the year. That's before you include the additional fixes applied to the bloodblades. Delays were almost inevitable. For that reason, I have to question the logic of having Imr work on updates to the status system on the same week as the GGB release. It must have put a huge amount of strain on Kamui. If certain GGB required being coded on the new status system, it would have made more sense to begin updating the system before that week. Alternatively, if they hadn't, it would have been sensible to delay that update a little. Whilst I lack insight into the reasons why that week was chosen, I do enjoy the benefit of hindsight. We're now about halfway towards the next GGB release, and those items show no signs of being near. Clearly, that decision had large implications in terms of delays.

Thankfully, one of the items I put forward, chaos slayer cleric, has been released. Unfortunately, I find the result to be pretty disappointing. When I spoke to Kamui about getting the armour changed, he stated that it would be unlikely that anything would change and I absolutely respect that decision. There's nothing inherently wrong with the armour and it performs quite well in battle. My issue stems from it being thematically disappointing. We often associate chaos with unpredictability, disorder, complexity. Translating this to an armour, I would expect it to be similarly unpredictable and unreliable.

The problem with Chaos slayer cleric is that it's not chaotic. I can follow Kamui's logic in creating one armour of each element, relating to elemental chaos. The problem is that each armour costs an UR box, adding up to 8 in total. To give you an idea of how expensive it would be to collect the full set, at an average chance of 1/33, you would require 264 boxes to gain the URs required. At 2000 tokens per 10 boxes bought (and 250 for single), this equates to 55,000 tokens. Now, obviously this could be reduced by converting boxes, but I think it's safe to assume you'd still be spending well over 30,000 tokens to get the full set. Moreover, the player cannot observe the chaotic nature of the armour without spending that amount, something which very few are even capable of doing.Otherwise, the armour is pretty bland and reliable. A simple MP healing effect and a basic spell type skill. Again, there's nothing wrong, it's just not befitting of chaos in any way, shape or form. I suppose at least the art is good?

My one solace is that Prime Chaos orb (the one chaos item of the GGB that I didn't suggest) ended up being incredible and thematically appropriate. I'm really happy for the person that suggested it. However, from my perspective, this release ended up pretty similar to the other years before it. Again, I don't believe that this was intended in the slightest. Nevertheless, it's pretty frustrating, and I can't see myself suggesting anything next year. I don't see the point if it just ends up going the same way year after year.
AQ  Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: Golden Giftbox Cross-Game Extravaganza
Page 6 of 9«<45678>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition