Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Golden Giftbox Cross-Game Extravaganza

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: Golden Giftbox Cross-Game Extravaganza
Page 8 of 9«<56789>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/23/2020 4:10:42   
Incantatus

as if mages need to exist
AQW  Post #: 176
2/23/2020 6:55:53   
stratuscone

hi guys, is the General of Cerberus (FD) a viable combo with the Bow of judgment?
AQ DF  Post #: 177
2/23/2020 11:05:28   
Vilgefortz

Hmm I didn't understand what you said Broccoli, the ideia wouldn't interfere in anyone, just read what i said slowly, maybe you would be able to understand, the part that i said about playstyle, and mages uses only:....

Btw it was only a suggestion.
Post #: 178
2/23/2020 13:21:39   
Kurtz96

quote:

hi guys, is the General of Cerberus (FD) a viable combo with the Bow of judgment?

Cerberus gives a water burn which doe snot stack with bow of judgement's energy burn. I also tried to make the two and ravens work together but no luck
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 179
2/23/2020 13:59:19   
J9408

Are the Cerberus water burns able to stack with other water burns?
Post #: 180
2/23/2020 14:21:38   
Kurtz96

Yes. like pyre rat, infernal legion minion, x-etcher etc.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 181
2/24/2020 2:45:47   
Incantatus

Hi Vilgefortz, mages are already very overpowered so that suggestion is thoughtful but not fair for other builds.
AQW  Post #: 182
3/1/2020 15:00:58   
Seth Hydra
How We Roll Winner
Nov14

Can the Chaos Slayer Mystic armor's effects be changed to something less mundane. It's a real shame that the item doesn't interact anyway with the Prime Chaos Orb. Perhaps consume X number of stacks to have a single big nuke or a status effect or something along those lines would make the armour a lot more unique.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 183
3/1/2020 17:12:48   
J9408

^Yes!

Considering how the Cerberus equipment interact with each other, it is quite surprising to see no synergy bonus with the chaos items.

If they did, I think it would make the items much more appealing.

< Message edited by J9408 -- 3/1/2020 17:38:23 >
Post #: 184
3/1/2020 18:50:58   
Kurtz96

quote:

Hi Vilgefortz, mages are already very overpowered so that suggestion is thoughtful but not fair for other builds.

Technically all the strongest nukes in the game are CIT nukes, not spells. While mages can use them (look at my character), warriors can also just as effectively use them.
Here are the skill/spell power rankings: https://adventurequestwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Skill_Power_Ranking

If you are wanting to build a nuke character at this point is doesn't really matter if you are a warrior or a mage.
Bloodzerker armors and imbue elements really helped here combined with briar and morningstar cross.

< Message edited by Kurtz96 -- 3/1/2020 19:03:00 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 185
3/1/2020 21:24:29   
Spiritual Guardian

^ That guide uses non-elemental boosters which mages are the only build of the main three that has in-game access to them both without one (the pet) being locked behind a $50 paywall.

The main reason people say mages are overpowered (besides just taking shots at them) isn't simply because of their high damage output, but their ridiculous versatility and being a very friendly free-to-play build to use.

Don't get me wrong, the gap between mages and some other builds aren't as horrible as it was a few years, but the difference overall is still there.
Post #: 186
3/1/2020 22:59:38   
Kurtz96

To be fair, the pet Poelala is an Ultra rare GGB which requires a lot of tokens and therefore is effectively behind a paywall (unless you are ridiculously lucky).
And all the best nuke spells (arctic tornado, creation burst, and cysero telephone booth) are also behind paywalls.

Bloodmage and bloodzerker are both acquired in the same way so they cancel out.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 187
3/1/2020 23:06:18   
Andlu

the only difference between mages and warriors nowadays is that mages have a whole second resource bar. The difference is still big
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 188
3/1/2020 23:13:06   
Kurtz96

I agree with that. 99% of the time is doesn't matter cause raw damage is all you need but against bosses where you need sustainability (like war torn dragon for the title) mages definitely have it easier.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 189
3/1/2020 23:28:42   
Spiritual Guardian

@Kurtz96: I chatted with Hollow earlier this year, and there will be four mouths total for the z-tokens donation drive (two in summer/two in winter) effectively given players two times the chance to get them.

With Thernda and Dunami (unfortunately), you have to pay $50 in order to get them. There is no z-tokens farming/donation drive options, which means that they don't exactly cancel out.

I won't say anything else on this subject, so you can believe what you want to believe. I just don't like seeing myths or half-truths being passed up as facts, which screws over some newer players when they find out the truth themselves.
Post #: 190
3/2/2020 2:58:09   
ruleandrew

Grenwog Lance is a nice compression weapon (earth and wind; ranged and magic).

I now have 9 elements (physical magic) covered with 7 weapon slots.
I now have 9 elements (spell) covered with 5 spell slots and 1 weapon slot.
AQ  Post #: 191
3/2/2020 5:28:41   
CH4OT1C!

@Spiritual Guardian: The Warrior-Mage gap has, obviously, existed for a number of years and clearly remains in a much more limited sense today (though that is a tangent I will leave for a thread relating to that topic). However, just relating to your following point:

quote:

I won't say anything else on this subject, so you can believe what you want to believe. I just don't like seeing myths or half-truths being passed up as facts, which screws over some newer players when they find out the truth themselves.

When dismissing the guide earlier, you forgot to mention that the assumptions and many of the items listed on that comparison are also paid content. You're dismissing the list on the basis of a difference between cost in one part of the formula when, in fact, there are many. You're going to be paying out of your way to reach the potential damage listed on that guide anyway, which somewhat reduces the importance of the cost difference between Dunamis/Thernda/Poelala.

Another point to make, and this is somewhat nuanced given not everyone is able to afford paid content: The difference in damage output between Warriors and Mages can become arbitrary very easily. To put that into context; If I deal 12000 damage as a Warrior and 13000 damage as a Mage vs a monster with 10000 HP, I'm still going to end up killing the monster either way. Relating this to the main topic of this thread, GGB extravaganzas both past and present have made arbitrary damage easier to achieve over time. In the past, we've had Arms of the dragonguard and prime chaos orb this year.

I think the real discussion we should be having (on a separate thread) should either be the FO/FD gap or the Mage-Warrior/Ranger gap. FD and Ranger builds are far less versatile than both Mages and Warriors due to relative equipment shortages (especially when items only toggle melee/magic and forget ranged). Thankfully, we've been seeing more Ranged/Magic toggles recently (infinita staff for one). Perhaps we should be asking for more Melee/Ranged toggles too.
AQ  Post #: 192
3/2/2020 13:32:05   
OverLordOfDeath

Can't we just buff warriors and rangers?
Post #: 193
3/3/2020 10:43:44   
lolerster

Why do you think warriors in particular needs buffs? Rangers sure, but once you are fully decked out at level 150, the difference between warriors and mages are negligible.
AQ  Post #: 194
3/3/2020 21:50:11   
GearzHeadz

If anyone is considering buying the golden dragon spear, go ahead and do yourself a favor and just don't. I made that mistake and wasted giftbox. The bloody thing heals dragons on hit. What a crummy weapon.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 195
3/4/2020 8:16:28   
joac1144

quote:

If anyone is considering buying the golden dragon spear, go ahead and do yourself a favor and just don't. I made that mistake and wasted giftbox. The bloody thing heals dragons on hit. What a crummy weapon.

It only heals dragons in the Dragon's Devastation arena challenge.
AQ  Post #: 196
3/4/2020 11:00:33   
GearzHeadz

Thats very strange
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 197
3/4/2020 11:19:55   
afterlifex
Legend-X

That's what happens in the dragon arena with the/a DB.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 198
3/5/2020 0:05:52   
GearzHeadz

Thanks, it was already stated
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 199
3/7/2020 1:44:51   
OverLordOfDeath

I wanted them to buff warriors and rangers instead of nerfing mages. It seems like it would be the better option instead of nerfing one build to give other builds more love and attention.
Post #: 200
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 7 [8] 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: Golden Giftbox Cross-Game Extravaganza
Page 8 of 9«<56789>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition