Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Are stats a complete lie?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Are stats a complete lie?
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/15/2020 15:00:49   
GearzHeadz

I noticed while farming the dragon challenge in the guardian arena that it seems like stats are a complete and total lie. All the dragons are the same level and with 200 str and dex although some hit tremendously harder and some dodge far more than each other. Was tested using deft armor of awe and shield of awe so my element modifier was the same for all elements. What is the deal with this? Do stats need to be made more clear? Or is it just understood that its a lie and every enemy is unique so its only a very rough estimation.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 1
2/15/2020 15:33:40   
Legendary Ash

Stats contribute to damage output, however monsters are created with Defensive/Offensive leans unique to each like Armor leans, which determines how it distributes power among Combat Defenses, damage, Hp and resistances.
AQ  Post #: 2
2/15/2020 15:38:19   
GearzHeadz

Then what about blocking? Why is there seemingly no rhyme or reason to it? And is there no way to tell what lean the enemy is? All of this seems to remind me of why I stopped playing this game for years.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 3
2/15/2020 15:57:23   
Legendary Ash

Combat Defenses = Blocking in Melee/Ranged/Magic
Monsters are basically more flexible in terms of design than players, they get to play around with Hp and resistances, which players don't have the opportunity to do.
Monsters also don't have an standard value lean like Armor leans, Defensive or Offensive to provide more extremes in design than players, which often enable the production of challenge bosses.
AQ  Post #: 4
2/15/2020 16:19:52   
GearzHeadz

So then basically yeah you can read stats of an enemy but it basically means nothing because they're twisted to crazy measures. Nice. Probably why this game can't get new players because its not user friendly in the slightest.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 5
2/16/2020 20:35:35   
GearzHeadz

I swear there must be a bug with the stats in the game. I just fought two level 135 fire dragons back to back with the sam setup and they both had the same stats but the second one was hitting around 100-150 more damage on average than the first.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 6
2/16/2020 21:06:04   
J9408

It may not be bugs. You have to remember that LUK may be a contributing factor into their damage. Lucky strikes do matter. No two battles will be the same.

< Message edited by J9408 -- 2/16/2020 21:07:37 >
Post #: 7
2/16/2020 21:17:42   
GearzHeadz

The strikes were dealing that much more damage on average without the lucky strikes. The lucky strikes were dealing 200 more damage than the previous fight
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 8
2/17/2020 3:17:35   
Ryu Draco

There's also Observation Bias you have to keep in mind. If you keep rolling for a die and hopping for an odd number, getting even numbers will stick out more in your mind, especially if you get several in a row.
AQ  Post #: 9
2/17/2020 23:08:59   
GearzHeadz

That doesn't exactly hold up with number differences of that difference with that much consistency.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Are stats a complete lie?
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition