Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

The future of AQW in 2020

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> The future of AQW in 2020
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/25/2020 3:12:59   
Valckryst

Just got back to playing AQW after a year or two, I was just wondering if is there anything in store for AQW this 2020, seeing that only a few thousand are now playing and there are less servers than before.
AQW  Post #: 1
2/25/2020 7:42:09   
paskyfer007

Go to AQW subreddit at r/AQW. The people there are more alive than this dead forum.
Even the moderator at this forum already abandons this place.
Post #: 2
2/25/2020 9:52:49   
Beshin Adin

All AE games make money, AQW included
AQ AQW  Post #: 3
2/27/2020 3:36:43   
kaos rules x

Oh, I wouldn't say this place is quite abandoned. A little quiet sometimes but there's plenty of discussion that can be had, but I think the bulk of conversation occurs on the AE Discord server.

As for 2020 plans, I can't tell you what the team has in store but after playing for the past nine years, I doubt the game is going to stop releasing new events or content each week.

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 4
2/28/2020 0:11:55   
NEOCROM

As for now, there are more filler or irrelevant events than quality content, like the where the story is goinf now MoM is dead. We really need good content, new challenges, new ways to push our limits. With events like with the bands, we really can't do that.
AQ  Post #: 5
2/29/2020 22:39:42   
The Jop

I honestly forgot that the Queen of Monsters was killed. If there's any major criticism I have about these years-long sagas, it's that it becomes very difficult to follow the story after all the months and unrelated releases.

< Message edited by The Jop -- 2/29/2020 22:40:13 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
3/1/2020 4:56:35   
Timsii

Wait, the Queen of Monsters got killed? How did that happen? There was barely even any main story in the past years. So how did that happen? (been inactive for quite a while, but still lurking around)
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 7
3/2/2020 0:57:44   
Aura Knight

In the current story we find out that the new big bad, Malgor ends up killing the Queen and imprisoning us and releases now have us go back in time a bit or something where we meet with a bunch of random people to see if they will side with us in some final conflict against him. I think the decision to do this was a horrible one and I wish they hadn't done this. To hype up a villain for so long only to kill them off by some random nobody who will lose to us in the end anyway is just shoddy storytelling. Dunno what this game's future will be like but on the storytelling aspect, it will fail.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 8
3/2/2020 11:27:35   
Fallen

What happened to Kezeroth? He should've been the big bad. He's one of the strongest characters in Lore. He almost beat Drakath
Post #: 9
3/19/2020 21:01:11   
LurkBlackSmith

The game going be fine in terms of stuff to grind a.k.a. farm with because of the iconic wares that was made during the years, while the storytelling part is kinda shoddy because of what to do with the continuation of certain parts from the past to connect to the overall story line and time.

< Message edited by LurkBlackSmith -- 3/19/2020 21:05:54 >
DF  Post #: 10
4/12/2020 4:16:50   
Pseudo Code

I was worried about it. I have playing since 2011. Until now, new items always released every week, but lots of them is just a recolor items. I think AE should get more creative devs to make a tons of new items again

Thanks in advance !
AQW  Post #: 11
4/12/2020 11:41:51   
Beshin Adin

Frankly, I hope to see Drakath and Crownsreach again in 2020
AQ AQW  Post #: 12
4/13/2020 15:11:45   
Rtkat3

The only way we'd be able to see Drakath again is if Malgor plans to go after him.

There are still some loose ends that have to be tied up like a possible rescue party on Princess Tara from the Infernal Realm's forces, dealing with Scorn, exploring Lore's version of Tartarus where the slain villains are imprisoned, the encounter with Jus Divinum, the next encounter with Vaxen, where the minions of the Queen of Monsters (consisting of Chamat, Drayko, Faust, Goregrim, and others we haven't met) are after Malgor took over her lair, a possible revival of King Alteon should any of the remnants of King Alteon the Imbalanced's forces seek to revive his non-Mirror Realm counterpart, and who the threat that the players wanted Vaden, Xeight, Ziri, Warlord Pax, Sekt, Queen Scarletta Tyral, and Plank to help them combat.

Perhaps for a possible release, we might be able to test out a supermax prison where the villains of Lore would be imprisoned. We already know that the more troublesome figures have been thrown into the Void Challenge map guarded by the Reaper.
AQ  Post #: 13
4/15/2020 23:28:52   
wozzen

To the point of the supermax prison for villains: Please don't put the Lore equivalent of Reed Richards in charge. It can only end badly.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 14
4/16/2020 11:39:34   
Rtkat3

@above So far, we've only seen AQW versions of Batman and Iron Man called Nightwyvern and Iron Hero (though the Nightwyverns we fought were spoofs of Nightwing). Perhaps we might run into them in a map where superheroes and supervillains are common thing. Outside of that, Mister Fantastic did help to establish Prison 42 during the "Civil War" storyline so you made a nice reference there.
AQ  Post #: 15
8/21/2020 20:40:03   
MechaniK

Hopefully, with some more content for the “good” players
AQ AQW  Post #: 16
8/24/2020 19:57:34   
Question Mark?

I still can't believe the Queen of Monsters got killed off. She seemed really cool, and I really liked where the story was going. I was pretty hype for it, especially the stuff in the ring of fire where they teased the idea of joining her or at least getting power from her. Especially irksome since they replaced her with Malgor who's... extremely boring. Like literally the most default possible AE villain. I would not complain for a second if the whole Malgor storyline just vanished and we went back to fighting QoM like nothing had happened lol.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 17
9/1/2020 18:14:53   
Beshin Adin

With the new developments, I wonder if Malgor and Azalith will join forces
AQ AQW  Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> The future of AQW in 2020
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition