Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: What Special Offer items would you like to see return?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: What Special Offer items would you like to see return?
Page 2 of 5<12345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/29/2021 18:32:59   
Bao Zi

I would like gauntlet of xano to return.
AQ  Post #: 26
3/29/2021 18:36:20   
LUPUL LUNATIC

quote:

Doesn't that one water dagger from GGBs also buff LS damage? Midnight Wish? Or am I confusing it with Monolith?

Atrea Dream Dagger is LUK chance alongside Midnight ones as well.
AQ  Post #: 27
3/29/2021 19:16:32   
I Overlord I

quote:

Atrea Dream Dagger is LUK chance alongside Midnight ones as well.

Ah.
In any case, "mages are privileged" they told me. Yes, so privileged that even Zealot's doesn't buff LS damage. :thinking:

“Nothing is so common as the wish to be remarkable.”
AQ  Post #: 28
3/29/2021 21:45:08   
I Overlord I

The spear form was the one with the frequency buff?

I don't mind being a second fiddle. I don't mind that. I don't care whatever happens, whatever helps my team get a championship is what I want to do. Whatever helps my team win is what I want to do.
AQ  Post #: 29
3/30/2021 9:09:34   
LUPUL LUNATIC

quote:

For Magic there's Zealot in Magic mode, Atrea Dream Rod and Monolith Mace to boost LS damage,

Monolith Mace is only Melee not Magic. Zealot in Magic mode is not a dedicated x1.5 LUK damage boost (only sqrt(1.5)) which only Atrea Dream Rod has. Which is why i want to return.

quote:

Ranged has no LS damage boosters at all.

Because they haven't really done any as of now.

quote:

The spear form was the one with the frequency buff?

Yeah Zealot in Ranged has the x1.5 LUK chance but we don't have for LUK damage for Ranged.

< Message edited by LUPUL LUNATIC -- 3/30/2021 9:14:06 >
AQ  Post #: 30
3/30/2021 19:02:25   
I Overlord I

At this point, a spear-user is barely more of a build than the "axmaster" subset of warrior. lol
AQ  Post #: 31
3/30/2021 23:34:00   
lolerster

I would say Siphon.
AQ  Post #: 32
3/31/2021 12:58:15   
GwenMay

For token packages, I would like to see the cool $100 packages return:

-Energy Realm Champion
-Fire Realm Champion
-Under Realm Champion
-Hollowborn sets
-Doomlight sets

For GGBs, I would like to see the niche useful ones return:
-Siphon
-Pig Drake
-Frozen Dragonslayer
-Slayer's Lyfang/Hunter's Darklaw
-Star Sabre of Balance
-Farzad Mogloo
-Logos
-Tempest Scimitar
-Squide/Call Squidge
-Reflecting Plate
-Mage Soul
-Predatory Vampire/Savage Werewolf Forms
-Ultra Krieger Blade
-Ateras Weapons
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 33
3/31/2021 13:20:31   
Sir Cloud

@above

quote:

For token packages, I would like to see the cool $100 packages return:

-Energy Realm Champion, NOT going to happen, lol This is a permanently rare item "• Only available until January 3rd and then gone FOREVER!"
-Under Realm Champion, also NOT going to happen, this is a permanently rare item "• Only available until the end of the year and then gone FOREVER!"

However some GGB items, if not stated otherwise, may possibly return. Hope this helps.

< Message edited by Sir Cloud -- 3/31/2021 16:38:51 >

EPH6:12
Wolf Uriel Gabe
AQ  Post #: 34
3/31/2021 17:00:21   
GwenMay

@Sir Cloud

Like AQ (and AE in general) haven't brought back rares before. They could make it the "Twisted" Energy Realm Champion or the old ones the "Legendary" version or however they want to do it. I am just expressing my interest in what packages I would like to see return, as the first post asked; what ends up returning and in what form is ultimately up to the staff. Seems a shame to let a bunch of ready-made, popular packages rot when they could easily return with a rename (or just return with a note that packages are no longer rare).

Additionally, this input is valuable even if the staff is 100% against bringing back the particular package, because it allows the staff to gauge player interest in a recolor (see: Fire Realm Champion) or a functional rerelease (see: Legion Shogun Set functionally returning the 2017 Frostval Giftbox Set). I think I am the third person to request those particular sets on this thread so far, so I threw in my two cents to help show player interest for those particular sets, their function, and their arts.

< Message edited by GwenMay -- 3/31/2021 17:41:52 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 35
3/31/2021 18:19:42   
Sir Cloud

^Too bad you missed out on those 2 Armor packages. Well, my Energy Realm Champion armor is not rotting since I'm using it on multiple characters. So glad I purchased these 2 when they were available. :)

Simply adding the "Twisted" tag isn't going to change the fact that those 2 Armor packages in particular were both clearly designated as "gone FOREVER!" You know very well that Hollow's stated policy going forward would be to no longer use similar language for limited-time items. However it was used for those 2 Armor packages as the official link I provided here shows (see above).

So if you want "Twisted" items then perhaps you can focus on many of the other GGB items suggested in this thread?

< Message edited by Sir Cloud -- 4/1/2021 2:34:10 >
AQ  Post #: 36
3/31/2021 19:08:24   
GwenMay

@Sir Cloud

I suggested packages I have and packages I do not have, just like I suggested GGBs I have and GGBs I do not have. My suggestions were not based on what I personally want but what I think would be good for the game if we saw them return in some fashion.

As for your links, "what" is gone forever? The specific combination of name, art, and function? Easily enough to change some or all of those criteria for a re-release. That is the point of my suggestions; I think they have cool art and cool functions and I would like to see them return in some fashion.

I feel like you are just having a knee-jerk territorial reaction to protect "your" rares instead of actually engaging with my points, based on comments here and our ongoing discussion in Discord.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 37
3/31/2021 19:17:39   
Sir Cloud

^I strongly suggest that you refrain from the cheap "knee-jerk" attacks in your position here. I've given you the links which clearly indicate that those 2 items are "gone FOREVER". If you can't understand that than I don't think you ever will. It was my intention to point out the official status of the 2 items you appear to be trying to bring back in the game when they are permanently no longer available.

Perhaps someone from the Staff could weigh in here? I am done dealing with the back-n-forth on this. Thanks.
AQ  Post #: 38
3/31/2021 19:28:05   
GwenMay

@Sir Cloud

This whole thread is about bringing items back into the game. Citing years old links and shouting "GONE FOREVER" is not adding to this discussion. Like I have been pointing out, there are all sorts of ways they could touch up the packages I suggested to bring them back without violating previous promises. For example, we could have a "Water Realm Champion" with slightly darker blue trim and similar effects, just aligned to Water; this would allow everyone the chance to obtain the art and functionality while the original is still "GONE FOREVER;" frankly, just renaming the package would probably be enough based on past examples.

If a staff member would like to detail AQ's precise policy on rares and what is going too far, that would be very helpful. Is a recolor too far? What about renames? Functionally the same but different art? Some combination of this? Does it apply differently for in-game items vs. promotional items?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 39
3/31/2021 19:31:21   
PD

Personally I'm of the opinion that the staff should and must break their past promises if they actually want the game to survive longer. There's too much good stuff out there for us not to have another chance at things. Really at this point how many people are actually going to get angry? Very few I imagine. We've already done so many drastic (but entirely necessary) changes over the years, what's stopping us now?
Post #: 40
3/31/2021 19:35:26   
Sir Cloud

quote:

what's stopping us now?

I believe the Staff have the integrity to honor what was said. Like, "gone FOREVER!". And keep it that way where applicable.

quote:

This whole thread is about bringing items back into the game. Citing years old links and shouting "GONE FOREVER" is not adding to this discussion.

Neither are your attempts at trying to lessen the importance of a stated policy concerning past rares. Besides, all new items in the game no longer use this language on permanence the way those 2 Armor packages do.

< Message edited by Sir Cloud -- 3/31/2021 19:44:53 >
AQ  Post #: 41
3/31/2021 19:42:46   
Kalle29

I think it's important for the staff to keep their promises. I myself have felt very alienated from lots of old broken promises and I play way less now than I used to in the past. I would suggest that items that were advertised as permanent rares would stay that way and that ones which were not can be up for discussion. I have voiced my opnion on this many times before so it's not a secret that I think it's good to keep the collector's value in some items in the game.
AQ  Post #: 42
3/31/2021 19:44:31   
GwenMay

@PD

I think it really depends. Adjustment is clearly necessary, as evidenced by AQ brining back packages (MogLightnaut? Where did that come from?) and GGBs (Twisted, Legendary) recently and the fact Hollow even commented in this thread. On the other hand, some things do need to stay permarare; I think the best example of that is top rewards for token and gold donation contests, where a specific quantity was promised and because no one would participate in the future (at least as much) if we knew we could get them later. Like I mentioned earlier, AQ has also brought back art and/or function of "rare" items - how far can that go before its a "broken promise?"

@Sir Cloud @Kalle29

The simple fact is that AQ (and AE more generally) is a business. That means their word is only as trustworthy as long as it makes them money and prevents lawsuits. AQW, a much larger AE company, has already in large part removed their rare policy (with limited exceptions) with the IODA system, where they do not even pretend to be "donating" rares anymore.

Furthermore, like I have continually been saying, "what" is "GONE FOREVER" matters a great deal; that's why I think we would appreciate a precise statement of AQ's policy on "rare" items. Simply having a different name on your version can give the "collector value." How much unique art, name, and function is needed to preserve promises while still freeing up future design space and satisfying players who want past functionality/art? That's largely the debate with "Legendary" items, "Twisted" items, recolors, and functional rereleases like Desert Raider Misc or Legion Shogun. Arguably, by reusing Energy Realm Champion's art and animations for Fire Realm Champion, AQ has already broken the "GONE FOREVER" promise. Everyone is going to draw a different line there, and I think we should know what AQ's line is.

< Message edited by GwenMay -- 3/31/2021 19:50:56 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 43
3/31/2021 19:50:17   
Sir Cloud

quote:

I think it's important for the staff to keep their promises. I myself have felt very alienated from lots of old broken promises and I play way less now than I used to in the past. I would suggest that items that were advertised as permanent rares would stay that way and that ones which were not can be up for discussion. I have voiced my opnion on this many times before so it's not a secret that I think it's good to keep the collector's value in some items in the game

^Totally agree Kalle29. I feel like this is a broken record and the Staff have already addressed this many times. Honoring promises on items such as these are important for collector value while moving on to new ones for the game. :)

< Message edited by Sir Cloud -- 3/31/2021 20:21:34 >
AQ  Post #: 44
4/3/2021 15:24:15   
rai0kakashi

I cannot support the idea of locking a functionality of the game in perma-rare.
For example, Samukematsuri Caltrops which is a perma-rare.
It is a spell that inflicts Caltrops status.
If perma-rare refers to the idea of locking a functionality of the game, it means there will be no more spell that can inflict Caltrops status anymore.
Imagine there are a lot of perma-rares (which there are) and all the functionality of the game are being locked, this will limit the growth potential of the game and it is just shooting yourself in the leg.

I however can support the idea of respecting perma-rares to not release the EXACTLY SAME equipment by changing the name and appearance of the equipment providing the functionality.
Using Samukematsuri Caltrops as an example, changing the entire appearance of the spell and renaming it to something else then re-releasing it as a spell that inflicts Caltrops status should be totally acceptable.
Also, there have been a lot of cases where a functionality of the game in perma-rare have been re-skinned and renamed to something else and re-released.
For example, the recent token package, Legion Shogun Set is a clone of the perma-rare Samukematsuri set.

Let's all admit something, those who support the idea of locking a functionality of the game in perma-rare are just want to hog the functionality of the game to themselves.
Post #: 45
4/3/2021 17:10:53   
OG Ranger

The zfinity gauntlets

Hedgemog pet and guest

Logos
AQ  Post #: 46
4/3/2021 20:13:17   
J9408

@rai0kakashi Those are my thoughts as well.

I couldn't care less about the equipment animation or appearance. They can keep that rare if they want.

It is the "Mechanics" that is important.

I worry for future players. Quadforce, Samukematsuri, Unraveling Nightmare, all such interesting stuff.
Post #: 47
4/5/2021 4:54:27   
Novyx

Siphon, Atrea Dream Rod/Dagger and Logos would be nice returning GGB items imo.
Post #: 48
4/12/2021 13:36:17   
jd33

Witch Waster, and Living armor. But I heard these are permarare and can't come back.
AQ  Post #: 49
4/12/2021 13:40:48   
PD

Typically when a premarare promise is made we can still get a twisted version or we can at least still get replicated mechanics. But if no such promise was explicitly made then it’s open season
Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: What Special Offer items would you like to see return?
Page 2 of 5<12345>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition