Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Pirate Game

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> Artix Entertainment General Discussion >> Pirate Game
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/11/2021 22:59:31   
DGC

Wow, it is unbelievably dead in here. I'm gonna post anyway because I went to all the trouble of making an account, doggone it I'm gonna use the thing.

So, a little about where I'm coming from on this. If you're not interested in me waxing nostalgic feel free to skip to the next paragraph. The first Artix game I played was back in the halcyon days of 2006, some endless runner game featuring Galanoth that doesn't seem to exist anymore, but I only played it for a day, so that barely counts. That led me to AdventureQuest, when we all traveled to the future to fight Carnax clones. It wasn't long before I bought X-Guardian and started playing DragonFable too, where I bought an amulet, fully upgraded my Shadowreaper of Doom, and hit the level cap, but I'm sure the goalposts have been moved since then, the cap was 29 at the time. I played AQ Worlds for a while when it came out, and Mechquest, and about eight years ago got back to AQ to hit the level cap (my house made me SO MANY Z-Tokens in the years I neglected it) and collect the top tier of every. Single. Equipment. Type. No matter how the Knights of Order screw with it, no matter which build comes out on top, I am a level 135 god in that game. My mother is so proud of all I've done with my life.

All this is to say I've spent a number of hours playing Artix games that some would call insane, and to my delight I found AQ3D about a year ago, and you better BELIEVE I bought Dragon Guardian and hit the level cap, and am well on my way to getting all classes to 10. It was nice to see that 15 years later Artix and his team are still committed to making high-quality, low cost games. I'm speaking of financial cost here, the cost in time is.... another thing. You guys REALLY like grinding, don't you?

So, and this is my actual point, how come there's no pirate game? Rhubarb has been sitting there for 20 years and has yet to be utilized in any meaningful way. And it's not like there's no room in the market. Everyone loves pirates. The best pirate game right now is by GlacierGames and goes under a few different names. It's really detailed, involved, multi-faceted, and in-depth compared to any other pirate game available for mobile, and yet it absolutely blows chunks compared to the quality of AE games. The devs are lazy and greedy, microtransactions everywhere they can be stuck, every corner that can be cut has been cut. They didn't even bother getting someone fluent in English to write the dialogue, I'm surprised I haven't been informed by any of the pirates that all my base are belong to them (that joke is still trendy, right?) AE could write a better game in their sleep purely because they give a flying vampragon about quality.

In short, AE, make me a pirate game and I will perform unspeakable acts to make it worth your while. I will pledge an unreasonable amount of money to this game's Kickstarter RIGHT NOW. Come on. Make a longtime fan very, very happy.
Post #: 1
5/12/2021 2:30:55   
stuart

Never heard of Pirate Trobble then? Created by Cap Rhubarb.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 2
5/12/2021 7:13:31   
DGC

I hadn't heard of it. I checked it out and was extremely disappointed. I'm looking for something with the depth of AQ, DF, AQ3D. Pirate Trobble is.... not that.
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> Artix Entertainment General Discussion >> Pirate Game
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition