Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

H-Series vs. Voltaic Bloodzerker

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> H-Series vs. Voltaic Bloodzerker
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/7/2021 14:35:50   
Rafiq von den Vielen

I'm revisting an old character who snatched Voltaic Zerker shortly after it came live. But with the insane potential H-Series has, should I swap them out? I'm not asking for numbers I just want an opinion if the switch is worth it if I already have one option.
Post #: 1
10/7/2021 16:21:38   
PD

H series, including its elelock and celerity is definitely the winner in terms of damage. However, it is very much resource heavy and probably not practical to use outside of wars and other situations where you don’t have to manage. Bloodzerker still retains an edge in being very resource efficient in that matter. You can certainly swap zerker for H series if you have the ability to maintain its high upkeep cost. So at the end of the day, you’re choosing between efficient damage and costly damage.

I’d say at least give H series a try to see if you’re okay with its much higher cost for higher damage. But as a quick comparison:

H series: 1.88x elecomp to energy (free), with 100% melee for guaranteed player celerity.
Bloodzerker: 2x elecomp to energy for 25% melee, with +20% damage for blood cost and potentially 5-10% more for matching blood blade

< Message edited by PD -- 10/7/2021 16:27:54 >
Post #: 2
10/7/2021 17:09:35   
Rafiq von den Vielen

I'm willing to believe that Essence Orb alongisde a couple other things should be enough to offset the higher cost for H-Series so I'll be giving it a try, thanks.
Post #: 3
10/7/2021 19:10:18   
Legendary Ash

Pre-Status lean Offensive lean armors of a standard spread blocking and resistance receive Elecomp above 130/70 of a standard spread blocking and resistance due to old balance standards of accounting for Armor lean.

Bloodzerker has the same blocking and resistance spread as Bloodmage, therefore it has the same 1.84977 Elecomp where the skill BRS% consumes .25 for the Offensive lean and the remainder goes into Sp cost reduction.

H-Series is essentially a weapon based skill with Spell-type Elecomp, which surpasses Weapon-based Elecomp skills in burst damage, however Celerity means that any turn based effects will increment a second turn, that means an extra turn of Buffalot/Arcane/Poca/Moonwalker and misc upkeep is consumed compared to a Spell-type Elecomp armor skill where resource cost is used on boosting BRS% directly that achieves the same results, but at lower costs.
AQ  Post #: 4
10/8/2021 0:39:45   
Sapphire

H series has initiative, and that counts for attacks, spells, pets, guests... so it wins.
Post #: 5
10/8/2021 1:27:01   
Legendary Ash

These numbers hold the truth.
H-Series 1.5*1.87925 = 281.887%
Bloodzerker with Sword FSB (1+.125+.2)*1.25*2 = 331.25%
Spell-type Elecomp 2*13/7 = 371.428%
AQ  Post #: 6
10/8/2021 12:02:32   
Sapphire

Pure damage doesnt tell the whole story.

Tempest will boost pet and guest damage, so if you're a beast variant this adds up quickly. Mage variants, while it would SEEM counter to since the Tempst attack type converts to melee, can be counterd with a charisma weapon if you're a beastmage. In addition, celerity is like getting a free block on the monster attack essentially, so Tempest is much more defensive especially when you consider blood armors are eating their own HP to get the boost.

Much less trade-off for Tempest.

It's just better

< Message edited by SapphireCatalyst2021 -- 10/8/2021 12:03:49 >
Post #: 7
10/8/2021 14:40:12   
Legendary Ash

A story is most accurately represented by hard numbers not by faith in one's personal beliefs that especially lack evidence to support it, Initiative's boost contribute to the above numbers 20% for a standard pet and 26.55% for a standard guest, the total for H-Series is 328.437%, still less than those compared.
Note that your argument for the inclusion of pets and guests to the previous numbers assumes a Beastwarrior that uses a Melee/Ranged weapon instead of a Beastmage or Pure Beastmaster that uses a Magic weapon Int or Cha that would otherwise reduce damage by -25%.
Furthermore non Pure Beastmasters are affected by a loss of accuracy from having two Mainstats at the cost of Dex and/or Luk, whose exact numbers deviate from the simple assumptions made above due to variation in accuracy being a factor, and will not be calculated as it is not relevant to the thread starter.

There is something to be said about Tempest being defensive when it takes reduced blocking, which in turn increases intake damage multiplicatively with a severity dependent on a case by case basis of the enemy's design compared to a flat Hpcost upkeep, in order to compress skills.
Hpcosts for damage is an equal exchange, its a battle speed enhancer, which is a separate characteristic that is neither offensive nor defensive, consider when enemies that charge up to use a punishing skill of a different element, statuses and combos could be stopped in their tracks before they pull it off due to increased pace in battle.
Celerity likewise is a battle speed enhancer, an extra turn is neutral by default, neither offensive nor defensive as it is dependent on the actions performed within in. It is only when used in combination with Elecomp attacks on the enemies' weakness that it is considered a defensive status as the player is actively trying to avoid the consequences created when they are not accordingly used as balance standards intended.
AQ  Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> H-Series vs. Voltaic Bloodzerker
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition