Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: AQ's 19th Anniversary

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: AQ's 19th Anniversary
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/14/2021 15:50:58   
Sapphire

So is the Necromancer riding armors the only thing being pushed to Friday, or everything planned being pushed to Friday? Curious as I want to know if I should be checking in throughout the day for the other stuff, or give up as I will be out of the country for a week or so and prob wont be able to play at all during that time. Anyone know? Thanks.
Post #: 26
10/15/2021 11:21:13   
Dr Disrespect
Helpful!

Release is live!
Post #: 27
10/15/2021 12:10:27   
Zennistrad

I'll admit, I am slightly disappointed that none of the Necromancer Cavalry armors appear to be Darkness/Other compression armors. Champion Paladin Rider is still my go-to compression armor on my mage in order to fit nuke coverage of all eight elements, and it feels aesthetically wrong to use with my character because he goes all-in on the general goth aesthetic with Vampire/Bloodmage/Necromancer equipment.

That said, I'm still very happy with this release. Wind Necromancer Cavalry is probably the most powerful wind armor for mages now, easily comparable to bloodmages if you have the Arctic Tornado or Warmaster's Burst spell due to spellcaster lean, and probably more powerful than bloodmages if you have Arctic Tornado or Warmaster's Burst due to the absurdly powerful EleVuln it can inflict.
AQ  Post #: 28
10/15/2021 12:25:32   
Kurtz96

quote:

That said, I'm still very happy with this release. Wind Necromancer Cavalry is probably the most powerful wind armor for mages now, easily comparable to bloodmages if you have the Arctic Tornado or Warmaster's Burst spell due to spellcaster lean, and probably more powerful than bloodmages if you have Arctic Tornado or Warmaster's Burst due to the absurdly powerful EleVuln it can inflict.

More powerful than Imbue of Lore Aeromancer robe using artic tornado?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 29
10/15/2021 12:56:08   
Zennistrad

quote:

More powerful than Imbue of Lore Aeromancer robe using artic tornado?

Once you take into account the elevuln? Absolutely. The Decayed Breath skill on all of the Cavalry armors appears to inflict an elevuln of a whopping 202.61%. Nothing to sneeze at when paired with the already-potent spellcaster lean.
AQ  Post #: 30
10/15/2021 14:03:11   
OG Ranger

Porcelain items are great. I know people that really need them. Necromancer is a beastmage's dream. I have a request though. Would it be possible to make cupcake provide potency for freeze-like effects instead of specifically ice freeze? Can the burn include prismatic burn?

< Message edited by OG Ranger -- 10/15/2021 14:12:32 >
AQ  Post #: 31
10/15/2021 16:06:41   
dizzle

Gotta agree with mr ranger above ^^ I like the the bronze clones of the items from last year a lot but the cupcake is a little underwhelming
AQ  Post #: 32
10/15/2021 16:47:26   
  Kamui
 Hashire sori yo Kaze no you ni!

Due to the tweaks made to Savage Were and some other stuff, I didn't get a chance to fully look over the Guardian Dragon Jr stuff this week, but I'm going to be looking into potentially making some tweaks to it. I do understand why players feel it's underpowered, being only once per battle and having a +20 to the save certainly doesn't feel good when it doesn't inflict. Main thing is it's paying lots of damage for that 100% attempt chance, while most pets have ~24% chance to attempt per turn. But I will take a look into both Ice and Bronze sometime next week.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 33
10/15/2021 16:54:28   
Kurtz96

Savage Werewolf had changes?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 34
10/15/2021 16:56:31   
Macho Man

As an avid collector of the were/vamp forms I am excited to see the changes! I only forgot to pick up the original vamp form the first year but am excited for the twisted versions!!

Kurtz: I believe they are making the annual were/vamp forms more useful due to power creep.

< Message edited by Macho Man -- 10/15/2021 17:17:16 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 35
10/15/2021 17:26:41   
Lv 1000

From Cray/Kam:
quote:

The Predatory Vampire Forms haven't been changed

Update: Savage Werewolf Forms (Only the scaling ones, so Hurricane, Shattered, and Franken):

1) The 25% chance to deal +20% damage is now rolled per hit for all weapon/special/spell attacks while in the armour. (Previously rolled per turn and only on weapon attacks).

2) The armour now has a toggle that pays -3 MRM Blocking and causes you to replenish 5% of damage dealt as SP. This is capped at 50% Melee in SP cost (196 SP) per turn, and factors out the mob's elemental resists.
Post #: 36
10/15/2021 17:33:39   
RobynJoanne

Thanks, Kam for the hard work. I understand that Guardian Dragon Jr.'s guaranteed attempt to freeze makes the roll quite poor. Frost Effigy, for reference, has a mere 12.6% chance with all hits landing to attempt to freeze.

I absolutely love the look of the Necro Cavalry armors, and the elevuln they inflict is incredible. It's great to get clones of the previous Porcelain items just in case people missed them last year. The 19th Anniversary Cupcake is unfortunately much less useful than last year's because we already have great F2P miscs for freeze and burn potence (Frostgale's Remorse and Sunburst Amulet, respectively).

I just wanted to ask if it's possible to make the Lances trigger as spell-boosters instead. Because the Necromancer Cavalry armors all have spell-type skills, the lances do not work with the Necromancer armors' skills at all. As is, these lances serve better as Paladin Rider armor support than as Necromancer Cavalry support.
Post #: 37
10/15/2021 19:29:17   
Zennistrad

^^Seconding the comment about the lances. They seem bizarrely anti-synergistic with their own armors due to them all dealing x0.8 weapon damage, which is a real shame. I'd appreciate if the Necro Cavalier Lances specifically were tweaked a bit to affect spell damage. Maybe something similar to the Luminous Whiff weapon that's also in GGBs, but slightly stronger since the trigger is conditional.
AQ  Post #: 38
10/15/2021 20:08:33   
  The Hollow
AQ Lead

Alright folks, here is your unlimited-use timed code for the Bronze Guardian Dragon Jr. Pet: AQ-BRONZEGDPET (Visit Ballyhoo in-game to use this code and redeem your pet.)

The time for the code has also been extended! This code will remain active until 11/15/2021 12:01:00 Server Time.
AQ  Post #: 39
10/15/2021 20:32:44   
Sir Cloud

Thanks Hollow! Can't wait to see the fixes to this and the Frostval variant if it's possible.

< Message edited by Sir Cloud -- 10/15/2021 21:08:21 >

EPH6:12
Wolf Uriel Gabe
AQ  Post #: 40
10/15/2021 22:02:17   
Macho Man

Finally the pet! Happy 19th anniversary everyone!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 41
10/15/2021 22:57:04   
dr jo

Lucky woke up early checked this thanks Hollow
AQ  Post #: 42
10/16/2021 0:05:57   
duntiome

this there a SP version of the nerco GGB armour?
Post #: 43
10/16/2021 1:01:09   
Kurtz96

quote:

this there a SP version of the nerco GGB armour?

All the armors use SP
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 44
10/16/2021 1:20:51   
duntiome

quote:

All the armors use SP

With reference to the video below, i saw the amplify 1st skill is SP but the 2nd skill is it MP only?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4Ti747WPSA

just to clarify further, don't wanna spend a GGB on a MP amour when i am warrior build.
Post #: 45
10/16/2021 1:27:11   
Kurtz96

Sorry, I was wrong, all the first skills use SP. For the second skills, wind and earth have an SP toggle and ice used MP to cast a spell.
But, ice/wind are spellcaster lean and fire/earth are FD. So not very useful to a warrior.

< Message edited by Kurtz96 -- 10/16/2021 1:30:18 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 46
10/16/2021 2:00:23   
duntiome

tyty.

such a shame.... the armour is really cool. i am kinda sick of berserker attack animation.
Waiting for really cool GGB for warrior
Post #: 47
10/16/2021 12:07:02   
Cupquake

I did like the Necro rider armors before they were nerfed. They're still okay thanks to the EleVuln skills but the Spellcaster Leans ones (Wind, Ice) one, got a huge nerf.

There is no longer Elecomp on the Haunting skill. All you have is the Spellcaster Lean. This essentially boils down to just Standard Elecomp but with even more penalties because you're taking 1.25x damage and only dealing 0.8x with no added benefit. It's a direct downgrade to existing Elecomp armors with the niche of being usable with any spell.

< Message edited by Cupquake -- 10/16/2021 12:52:17 >
Post #: 48
10/16/2021 12:47:56   
Zennistrad

quote:

because you're taking 1.25x damage and only dealing 0.8x with no added benefit.

I don't think I agree. The benefit of spellcaster leans is that they benefit all spells of the armor's element, not merely the ones that are in-built as armor skills. This, when used in combination with Burst spells that pay HP for +50% damage, can result in damage that's roughly equivalent to a Bloodmage armor skill. The damage downside is not particularly bad for mage builds — you're generally going to want to be avoiding using normal attacks if you can help it anyway. The Arcane Cutlasses would not be anywhere close to as powerful as they are if weapon damage was something mages cared that much about.

What makes spellcaster leans armors worth using now, much more than they were when they were first introduced with Brilhado Necromancer, is that their elecomp bonus is multiplicative now instead of simply additive, which means that boosters have a much more potent effect. Paired with elevuln — which is not only one the strongest statuses in the game but a status that nothing is immune to — and you have an armor that I believe can fully compete with the damage output of some of the more meta armors.
AQ  Post #: 49
10/16/2021 13:03:39   
Cupquake

quote:

The benefit of spellcaster leans is that they benefit all spells of the armor's element

It's still a direct downgrade to existing Elecomp armors with the niche of being usable with any spell. Spellcaster lean is still underpowered. Yes changing it to multi helped, but it still needs something more
Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: AQ's 19th Anniversary
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition