Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Every Monster Now Has 95 M/R/M

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: Every Monster Now Has 95 M/R/M
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/4/2022 12:11:45   
EternalDragonX

Think accuracy nerf is too much, was fine before IMO. The buff to warriors is nice, but I don't think it's enough to compensate for the BTH loss.

Also the ranger change is very interesting to say the least, lol. Don't think it's very good, though. Perhaps an increase to the numbers?
Post #: 26
7/4/2022 12:37:11   
battlesiege15

lol who changed the title of this thread to "Every Monster NOw Has 95 M/R/M"

Changed and re-tagging the forum thread to: =AQ= Game Engine 45.77 (what it was before).
General note to all, please do not change the names of tagged title threads. Thanks.
Discuss onwards. ~Anim

< Message edited by AnimalKing -- 7/4/2022 12:51:28 >
AQ AQW  Post #: 27
7/5/2022 1:51:41   
Nameless King

Bruh my ranger already deal the lowest damage among my char before this "update" and now it's even lower.......hell might just already be on earth.......my warrior and mage are fine tho so there's no complain about that~Ohhhh my poor ranger,hasn't been given any love since forever and now even the AQ team is beating and kicking it down like an unwanted child from my 27th mistress~Interesting mechanic nonetheless but useless against any bosses nowadays with their annoying damage cap unless,they give dex type build to have a chance to bypass the boss damage cap~Only then would it be worth it a bit to continue my ranger build~
Post #: 28
7/6/2022 12:54:04   
icetears

Damage ramping really cripples fo rangers. Being fo dont make sense either as ramping seems to be more fitting of a fd style to wait out more turns. However fd rangers dont really have good dmg output in the first place and having to ramp it up from a lower staring output now really takes the fight even longer. Makes fd now feels like a drag as monsters are dodgier now. I think most agree that it will benefit boss fights but the dmg caps will make it redundant.
Post #: 29
7/6/2022 20:16:10   
red vector

How's everyone doing for accuracy? I just fought a lvl 130 Vampire Bat with using only magic, and my hit rate was pitiful. I posted in this thread earlier about how it hadn't gone down that much, but now it looks like it has.
AQ AQW  Post #: 30
7/6/2022 22:04:28   
Armsman

It doesn't seem to have made a difference for fighting a majority of monsters, but dragons in particular seem to be a pain to hit consistently now without mainstat or accuracy boosts.
AQ  Post #: 31
7/7/2022 5:05:27   
Kaizoku

Oh no, whatever shall we do when negative BtH on weapons and spells isn't just free damage anymore? I'll just use a BtH misc like always when something is hard to hit.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 32
7/7/2022 10:24:45   
Sphinx Jevoha

The accuracy of player attacks + guests is absolutely pathetic. I think the staff got the plot very wrong.

Challenging battles DO NOT EQUAL dragging out battles.

You have 300 DEX and 250 LUK, and you are struggling to land 4 out of 10 hits against a lvl. 105 Worm with 110 M/R/M.

And there are about 15 of these worms before you reach the Boss fight.

Post #: 33
7/7/2022 12:31:36   
  Lorekeeper
And Pun-isher

The excessive value of accuracy was a bug in the prior model for stats (Which I was actually unaware of earlier, my apologies). Deliberately including an error in the current model wouldn't have made any sense, and arbitrarily keeping it would have resulted in a universal drop in damage, and a drop in everyone's damage made for the sake of fitting in the arbitrary reintroduction of a problem is something I can't see going well with anyone.

That accuracy is now too low instead isn't an active design direction in the name of challenging content, wherever that rumor came from, as challenges are specifically designated as such and we're not raising the difficulty of the entire game. As a further reassurance, accuracy has certainly not dropped below a 40% hit rate with maximum assumed stats, either. The assumed hit rate is 85%, and I believe excessive MRM from DEX on the monsters' side currently makes that closer to 75% instead against most of them. This is a major inconvenience; sorry for any disruptions that it's causing in the interim.

I can assure you that the situation is known and will be addressed. However, as IMR is currently both sick and working on a major release, the solution will take a little longer.
Post #: 34
7/7/2022 14:30:01   
red vector

@Kaizoku: I was using a neutral-lean magic weapon and a neutral-lean spell against a monster 20 levels below me with below-average defenses against magic. I should be hitting well above the assumed rate of 85%, not well below.

@Cray: That is very good to know. Just so I'm better informed, what's the expected hit rate with 250 main state and 175 luck for the player, and 250 dex 225 luck for a monster with standard defenses?
AQ AQW  Post #: 35
7/7/2022 15:33:24   
Dreiko Shadrack

^BTH assumptions for player are for 250 Mainstat and 250 LUK so from the get go your expected hit rate would not be 85%, furthermore at the moment the assumptions for monsters don't assume DEX investment at all, which is unfortunately not really true with the current monster pool. A temporary issue at best.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 36
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: Every Monster Now Has 95 M/R/M
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition