Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=DF= July 16th Design Notes: Book 3: The Awakened Depths: Into the Abyss

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= July 16th Design Notes: Book 3: The Awakened Depths: Into the Abyss
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/16/2022 22:32:33   
  Peachii
Clairvoyant!

quote:

Verlyrus:
Book 3: The Awakened Depths: Into the Abyss

Hey there, heroes!

This week, we return to Book 3's main story! With Dragesvard lifted from Tyndur's Depths on the back of a massive fungal Tytan, you and your companions are stuck inside, seeking blindly in the darkness for some way to stop it from reaching Greenguard.

Meanwhile, Swordhaven, still recovering from the destruction wrought by the Proclamation rift, is about to be the site of yet more... historic events.

Head over to Book 3 Dragesvard in Tyndur's Depths to continue on Into the Abyss!

Also this week, we have a bunch of bug fixes, changes, and adjustments!
  • Shops opened from the Book of Lore now return you to the Book of Lore Shops page.
    • Returning to specific tabs will be added in the future.
  • The Silkworm enemy in "Song of the Worms" are now properly labeled "Bugs".
  • Attempted to stop the Marsh Ants from sticking in "Song of the Worms".
  • Tentatively fixed an issue where Uthuluc and Sciuridaehotep could occasionally stick in battle.
  • Guests are now properly removed at the start of the quest "Fight and Flight".
  • The "Scratchy Rope Choker" has been renamed to "Street Tog's Discarded Collar" and has had its description changed.
  • A bunch of behind the scenes adjustments to the game engine - Please inform me on Twitter or Discord if you encounter any new errors!

Have feedback about recent releases? Have any crazy theories or ideas? Want to discuss all things DragonFable?

Join the discussion on the official forums!

Want to play DragonFable without using an internet browser?

Check out the Artix Games Launcher!

Follow us on Twitter for sneak peeks and updates (and feel free to tweet us your fan art and feedback too!)

Verlyrus Twitter

Tomix Twitter

Tags: #Verlyrus
DF AQW  Post #: 1
7/17/2022 3:22:57   
Flabagast

Historic events indeed!

spoiler:

Not only has Jaania made her own Spirit Looms, but she's actually managed to develop a soul into her own Soul Ally! I don't know whether I should be impressed or horrified! Hesperrhodos' (not sure if I spelled that right) design is fantastic too by the way.

And it looks like our unlikely team of powerhouses are ready to dob Akanthus in. Though by the looks of how things are progressing, they better be quick about it!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 2
7/17/2022 4:07:28   
Laeon val Observis

spoiler:

Why do I have the strangest feeling that the strike the core tactic isn't gonna bode well. Hopefully just a feeling, although this Tytan's core being more than some Exalted magic circle like that of the SH Tytan has something to do with it. While I am up for the AKanthus vs Amadeus and Xan, if we and dragonfire can't faze him, I ain't putting all my chips to it. And boy, that was some soulweaving Jaania did. Just make sure this isn't something far more gruesome an end than what Pandora had.
DF AQW  Post #: 3
7/17/2022 9:24:17   
Korriban Gaming

I wonder if the way to beat the Tytan will involve us flying on our dragons and looping its legs with a piece of rope lol
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 4
7/17/2022 12:16:40   
Vaalirus

spoiler:

Kind of feel like I should be more concerned that the Ancient Growth monster was clearly based on the AdventureFiend. Which may suggest that the Fungus had an actual AF creature to copy...which might mean that monstrosity isn't regulated purely to dreams...and that there are or were more of those things hanging out in the Plains/Wastes...I'm sure it's just a coincidence.

Also, I'm getting the sense that with Sepulchure and Warlic going to Victoria for aid that we are on the verge of Alteon revealing himself rather soon. And if we are I wonder if he'll find out that Amaedus is Sepulchure and whether or not the matter of Gravelynn will come up or if that would be too early.

Which of course brings me to elephant in the room and that is Jaania's ability to force a soul into becoming an elemental spirit. And yeah it's definitely impressive she was able to pull this off but it is absolutely horrendous that it appears she forcibly stripped away Siemil's sense of self in order to create this obedient tool. But hey no cost too great as long as magic can be controlled, eh Jaania? What I'm curious about now is whether or not Siemil or Hesperrhodos can be considered a pure spirit or corrupted one, I'd go with the latter considering the nature of his creation and the fact that his core does seem dark like the other's we've seen but I'm not sure. And man is the implication of the rose bud be placed where his mouth should be is super heavy, effectively gagging him for the Rose's purpose. And I love all of it. Judging by the new streak of white that's present in Jaania's hair what's she's doing can be considered Forbidden Magick in nature that or her soul is just starting to unravel just like Belle did when she tried mana weaving Theano's soul out of existence. If she keeps this up I imagine somebody is going to end up soulless and without an afterlife once this is over.

Either way don't be messin with souls ya fools!

Let us find tranquility.
DF  Post #: 5
7/18/2022 7:25:54   
tiff15

Just for my own curiosity, I did some digging around google. this is what I found from a site called ' The Plant List '

Hesperhodos

The genus Hesperhodos is in the family Rosaceae in the major group Angiosperms (Flowering plants).

Statistics are at the end of the page.
Species in Hesperhodos

See "Status", "Confidence level", "Source" for definitions.

Sort the name records using the clickable table header buttons.
Name Status Confi­dence level Source
Hesperhodos minutifolia (Engelm.) Hurst Accepted M TRO
Hesperhodos stellatus (Wooton) Boulenger Accepted M TRO
Hesperhodos vernonii (Greene) Boulenger Accepted M TRO

So following this, Hesperhodos is actually a fitting name for a 'servant' of the Rose. At least we can see where the connection comes from.

My only question is, did Jaania just CREATE an Elemental Spirit? can someone do that with a soul?
Post #: 6
7/18/2022 10:38:46   
Kaizoku

quote:

The "Scratchy Rope Choker" has been renamed to "Street Tog's Discarded Collar" and has had its description changed.

Wait, why?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 7
7/18/2022 12:34:08   
Alm Nullamors

quote:

Wait, why?

When you think about it, wearing something called a "Scratchy Rope Choker" doesn't have great implications for the hero's mental wellbeing...
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 8
7/18/2022 12:40:10   
Vaalirus

@tiff15

quote:

My only question is, did Jaania just CREATE an Elemental Spirit? can someone do that with a soul?

spoiler:

By all accounts it seems more accurate that she created an artificial elemental spirit much in the same vein as Pandora did when she created Aspar/Envy and when Aspar used the rest of Pandora's soul to make the other 6 corrupted elemental spirits. What I'm currently not so sure about is whether or not Jaania created an elemental spirit that is essentially more a fragment like the C7 meaning that Hesperrhodos was a piece that Jaania shaved off from Siemil and then discarded what was left or whether or not the she was able to successfully use the entire soul and simply deconstructed, (or would it be reconstruction?), the memories that made Siemil well Siemil.
DF  Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= July 16th Design Notes: Book 3: The Awakened Depths: Into the Abyss
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition