Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Recent UI Teaser (Spoilers perhaps?)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> Recent UI Teaser (Spoilers perhaps?)
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/5/2024 16:11:01   
Grace Xisthrith

This may be spoilers, idk when the local AQ team was planning to publicize this future update, but since it was publicized:

Exciting News via Artix for anyone who didn't see https://twitter.com/ArtixKrieger/status/1765006889325117544

Most here to open a thread for discussion

I stared at the image on my 4k 2200 Megapixel monitor for several hours to glean every bit of information possible from the image, and I have to say I'm excited about the prospect.

Starting from the bottom up, it seems like there's the bottom of an orange present peeking out from behind the scroll, not sure what that is but cool, snazzy, maybe Frostval related idk. Curious to what ideas people have about this.
Next, there seems to be a game time clock, and in fact there seem to be two, one digital, one analogue. Both read slightly different numbers, and the analog clock doesn't seem to show the time displayed, but I'm just analyzing deeply what may be a prototype, not really a concern, I just like details.
There's also a daily cap notifier, which seems to show a total cap of 1.1 Mil (which would be rather low level I presume) with a stopping hand, perhaps encouraging the player to stop grinding after they've hit their cap.
Next up you can see gold and XP modifiers, which seem to suggest that it would show bonuses to gold and or XP caps. I hope this feature works to calculate stuff like X Guardian, GGB Scrolls, and Package Miscs, that would be cool to see visually.
Going to the right here, you can see there are four tabs. Seemingly a present, a chest, a sword and shield, and a scroll. I'm not going to guess too hard at what these menus might contain, although notably we're seeing the scroll tab.
Finally up top, the medals. I've got no clue what 1, 3, and 4, represent, but 2 seems to be crossed out potions. This leads me to believe these medals are awarded for completing fights with restrictions, or other achievements. If I'm correct in this (very large) guess, I'd love for other medals to include: 0 Stats, 0 Healing (of any resource outside base SP regen :P), 0 Damage Taken, Hitting the damage cap, Winning on the First turn, Taking monster damage below 10% HP, and a medal for not using items on the Avian Trio Banlist (doesn't have to look like the Avian Trio, just because that's the only place with a ban list of super strong items). That's a lot of medals, but I think adding prestige medals like this could really revitalize late game bossing content. It's also entirely possible I'm misreading the purpose of the medals, in which case... teehee!

One concern: The only thing I want to say that's remotely negative about this update is that the old scroll... is kinda dope. When I first came back to the game and killed my first monster, I immediately got a nostalgia hit. I'd love to be able to toggle back to the old scroll in case I want to view the older, simply, reward screen. Perhaps this could be a menu option, like use old sound effects. Another idea I had was maybe a 5th tab option? Give the old scroll (current scroll that I'd be manually swapping to post update, in theory) a small modern tab at the bottom corner or something to switch back. Another idea is making one of the swords on the top new, like it is, and one of them retro, and by clicking the retro sword you go back to the retro scroll. That's probably extra, but just a little idea I had. Regardless of the method, I'd be really grateful to have a way to choose the old scroll.

Very cool to see we're getting updates like this, and I really hope the medal system is what I think it is that would be so wicked. I wonder what other people think though :)
AQ  Post #: 1
3/5/2024 19:43:23   
Aura Knight

There's way too much going on there. What's wrong with keeping it simple? Few comments on the post dislike it and I agree.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 2
3/5/2024 20:28:06   
Inferno369

I personally love the idea.

A way to see the daily totals is great to see, I like having those there. Having something that tells you how much of a boost to gold or exp could help as we don't have a way to see how much we're getting.

The medals are cool too - having achievements (if that's what they are), especially with the void bosses or something, could fuel incentive to replay major fights besides rewards.

I do love the old scroll, but if it could be like the sounds and the icons where the options give you an option to switch back and forth, I'm sure that would satisfy most people in the community.

AQ  Post #: 3
3/5/2024 21:05:18   
MetalKnight

I'd like to see the scrolls can have options for change its appearences, like just the battle menu UI.
AQ AQW  Post #: 4
3/5/2024 21:42:30   
BludClaw

I do like the idea of displaying the daily caps, but the new proposed scroll is a bit too busy for my liking.

Something that can display a similar level of info without being so cluttered would be ideal.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 5
3/6/2024 6:26:05   
Rastaban

I also like the daily cap display and would appreciate Z-Token info along with it, but it seems kind of cluttered as is.
Post #: 6
3/9/2024 18:39:37   
King Darxonic

I like the old style better.

I don't mind detailed information, but that looks cluttered.

I believe there should be a third version that's a mix of classic and modern.

Like: Classic, Classic w/Details, Modern.

Black Naginashi/Darxonic stopping by to say "Hello!" to everyone!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 7
4/2/2024 22:54:12   
The Holy Knight

I actually like it to be honest! I look forward to see how it looks like in the end but it will be good to have option in the settings to change the display from normal or cap banner just based on preference for the player.
Post #: 8
4/3/2024 7:32:37   
battlesiege15

I like the sentiment but I agree it does look cluttered.

If possible, what about a arrow button or a "flip the scroll" for the details instead?
AQ AQW  Post #: 9
4/3/2024 19:41:15   
Strange Doctor

I can already feel the FPS decreasing...
Post #: 10
4/4/2024 8:32:20   
Telcontar Arvedui I

I for one, think the new victory scroll looks gorgeous. I'm not really a daily capper, but I do have a few alt characters that I want to power-level, and that information will come in handy then.

Also also, may I ask if the EXP/Gold multipliers hint at a possible server-wide EXP/Gold boosting event? Fingers crossed!

Ending with a shoutout to Hollow for this update - this definitely looks like a labour of love to me.
AQ  Post #: 11
4/4/2024 9:29:35   
Sapphire

I dont mind it as it is shown at all. Looks quite nice
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> Recent UI Teaser (Spoilers perhaps?)
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition