Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQ= Victory Scroll (Update) & Champion of the Light Realm

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= Victory Scroll (Update) & Champion of the Light Realm
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/26/2024 1:39:53   
The Holy Knight

Thank you Hollow! Very exciting! Can't wait to hop on soon and play!
Post #: 26
4/26/2024 3:35:09   
KhalJJ

Hugely appreciate the response on that @Hollow - thanks for listening!
Post #: 27
4/26/2024 7:18:34   
Ninjaty

What a nice surprise to wake up to! Thanks, Hollow!
Now we just need the helm toggle on the Light Realm Champion fixed, then this release will have been a huge win all around!
Post #: 28
4/26/2024 10:08:13   
Corvid

The light realm champion update is amazing- thank you so much. I really appreciate the dodge heal and blind potence on the shield, and the upgraded/always available perma blind skill. Those two are highlights for me. Also thank you for fixing the face so that the character’s face is visible while in the armor.

One issue I’ve noticed is that the perma blind status still doesn’t stack with other blind sources, meaning that any additional blind sources just disappear. Could this be possibly be addressed if it’s a bug?
AQ  Post #: 29
4/26/2024 11:34:25   
CarrionSpike

quote:

One issue I’ve noticed is that the perma blind status still doesn’t stack with other blind sources, meaning that any additional blind sources just disappear. Could this be possibly be addressed if it’s a bug?

Blind might not have support for true infinite-duration (like what we have for other statues). I have to assume that it would have been implemented as such if the option was available out-of-the-box so an engine update might be necessary (and said update just wasn't in the cards for this release).
Post #: 30
4/26/2024 12:57:19   
  The Hollow
AQ Lead

Sorry folks, the victory scroll update will need to be postponed until next week. Captain Rhubarb has encountered several issues in the old battle load/save code, that he is currently working on resolving and rebuilding. We appreciate your understanding and patience!
AQ  Post #: 31
4/26/2024 13:08:36   
Ninjaty

@Hollow: Any news on when the helm toggle on Light Realm Champion will return?
Post #: 32
4/26/2024 14:21:44   
Sapphire

The updated light realm package has some really cool features.

However, the perm blind is deleting existing blinds, and disallowing other blinds post Perm-infliction. The perm burns from some of the recent items were allowing for some stacking, so methinks this is a bug. Plz address! Thanks!
Post #: 33
4/27/2024 11:31:29   
Bolter

quote:

I know we are, and should be grateful for the Captain's time. But this does make me wonder while he's already going to be involved with AQC , if LazyQuest could be looked at? Anyway appreciate their efforts (along with Spiders) and the decision to bring back older GGB crossover items at this time.

It would be good if Cap can also increase the maximum number of slots for both the inventories of our individual characters and the vault.
AQ  Post #: 34
4/27/2024 19:17:09   
Rastaban

I am also rapidly running out of space and would appreciate more, along with a way to rename vaults if time would allow for it.
Post #: 35
4/27/2024 22:40:52   
Strange Doctor

quote:

It would be good if Cap can also increase the maximum number of slots for both the inventories of our individual characters and the vault.

Yeah, where we can actually put the eight elements in active inventory not counting the useless no-drop.

< Message edited by Strange Doctor -- 4/30/2024 0:59:14 >
Post #: 36
4/28/2024 3:34:49   
dr jo

+1 A great idea Bolter getting The Captin to increase storage slots
AQ  Post #: 37
4/30/2024 0:08:50   
The Holy Knight

I notice the victory scroll update is gone from the adventure quest website, you guys still continuing to release it by Friday this week which Australia time? Which will be Thursday I think for the US.
Post #: 38
5/1/2024 9:09:02   
King Darxonic

Can't wait to see the new victory scroll, if it is too nice then I'll gladly switch to it. Grateful we have a classic toggle for it as well.

Black Naginashi/Darxonic stopping by to say "Hello!" to everyone!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 39
5/2/2024 13:56:11   
  The Hollow
AQ Lead

quote:

Any news on when the helm toggle on Light Realm Champion will return?

The built-in helms on armors are being phased out and will not be returning. They were originally added due to the limitation of players being restricted to only one face at a time. The rigging process for these helms has always been a headache, causing issues with both functionality and animation. Instead, players now have standalone faces that can be used with any armor!

quote:

I notice the victory scroll update is gone from the adventure quest website, you guys still continuing to release it by Friday this week which Australia time? Which will be Thursday I think for the US.

Indeed, we're actively working on finalizing the victory scroll update! Due to the limitations of the homepage, we're restricted to having only two active posts at a time. I've relocated the victory scroll information to this week's post. The functionality is nearly complete, and we're currently fine-tuning the last visual adjustments before the update is prepared for release. I'm aiming to roll it out on Friday, but I'll keep players updated if there are any changes.
AQ  Post #: 40
5/2/2024 17:46:21   
The Holy Knight

Sounds Aweosme! Looking forward to it! Thanks Hollow!
Post #: 41
5/3/2024 3:51:42   
Ninjaty

quote:

The built-in helms on armors are being phased out and will not be returning. They were originally added due to the limitation of players being restricted to only one face at a time. The rigging process for these helms has always been a headache, causing issues with both functionality and animation. Instead, players now have standalone faces that can be used with any armor!

That's really sad news. The built-in helms offer far more in terms of immersion than any face can, in that they allow the character to actually take them off and put them on at will (kinda like real equipment), without needing to go through the magical equivalent of plastic surgery. We might have solved the limitation of having just a single face, but are still stuck with the limitation of having just a single face for the entire fight/quest, which was a problem this now cut feature also solved.

But if this cool feature must be eliminated, then why not simply have a version of the armor with helm and one without the helm, and then let players choose which one they'd want to use. That way, players who want to just complete the look for the armor won't have to be stuck with mismatching armor/helm combinations every time they want to use a different armor. Right now, in order to keep the aesthetic clean, one will either have to not use the face at all (because it will conflict with other armors), or risk being instantly killed because they refuse to switch armor (a harsh punishment for the crime of wanting to look fabulous.) Neither of these seem ideal.
Post #: 42
5/3/2024 11:31:56   
Dardiel

To follow up on Ninjaty's point, I do feel like we're in a funny situation where it's easy to have like 50 faces but only really use one because it's a hassle to change it all the time. If there was a way to assign faces to armors so that changing armors also changes your face to match then that could be really cool (and more motivation for people to buy/use faces, including custom faces). I could imagine it being a huge mess to set up though so I'm not exactly hopeful that it's a reasonable feature to implement.
Post #: 43
5/3/2024 15:59:14   
  The Hollow
AQ Lead

Improving face swapping functionality is one of the potential future updates. Faces were not initially designed with the notion that players would like to use more than one, and Captain Rhubarb utilized his extraordinary pirate magic to provide us with the current face options. In the future, we aim to allow players to save color profiles for their CC gear, potentially incorporating faces into customizable loadouts. We appreciate everyone's patience as we work to implement these updates. Thank you for your understanding and support! This release is LIVE!
AQ  Post #: 44
5/3/2024 16:35:35   
Sapphire

Game locks if you lose. Tested it! I swear it was a test
 I did not lose on accident!
I swear!
Post #: 45
5/3/2024 16:38:54   
Grace Xisthrith

I think the new battle scroll looks awesome! I like the look of the badges, and it is just super clean. Thanks for this very cool update :)
AQ  Post #: 46
5/3/2024 16:43:28   
Aura Knight

I seem to be stuck following a death. The button to continue won't show. It was a random fight vs Kero the Chronocroaker.

Happened again on another fight. Looks like deaths will not let us proceed.

< Message edited by Aura Knight -- 5/3/2024 16:46:51 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 47
5/3/2024 17:49:57   
Ninjaty

Seems like the character pages got a little bit too excited over their new features, and fainted as the release went live. They just return an error (which needs to be highlighted to read, as its black text on a black background).
Post #: 48
5/3/2024 18:06:13   
The Holy Knight

Love the new victory scrolls, it looks super good! But the character page is not loading.
Post #: 49
5/3/2024 18:37:15   
  The Hollow
AQ Lead

Thanks you for the reports! Dying will no longer softlock your game, we are looking into the current character page bug.

UPDATE: The character page bug has been resolved!

< Message edited by The Hollow -- 5/3/2024 18:37:15 >
AQ  Revisions: 1 | Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= Victory Scroll (Update) & Champion of the Light Realm
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition