Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Flash help and tutorials, checked daily

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Flash help and tutorials, checked daily
Page 22 of 24«<2021222324>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/8/2006 17:14:18   
somebody621

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zoltan

Actionscript title lol, form what he has writen im shure him, flsg and many otheres are better than me, But I just like to help

Also Ive been book and tutorial crazy latley and I'm finaly ready to start work on my big rpg, Its gonna be elderscrolls styles, I may have to call on the help of you and many of my other friends and fellow flash users if I get stuck or need artwork so wish we luck ~lol~

Elderscrolls... Isn't that 3D though? The closest I can get to 3d is a simple version of mode 7 that has no heights or walls.
You could also just use isometric view, but that has a vanishing point that's infinitely high. I think that's what they use in Diablo.

< Message edited by somebody621 -- 3/8/2006 17:48:13 >
Post #: 526
3/8/2006 21:43:51   
Zoltan

Ha Ha no, some basic ideas have been taken from the elderscrolls series, Im not that good, although I have been experimenting with isometric. But It will be top down, Im definatly not that good. Ideas like all the skills ect have been taken and free roam like huge island, to an extent.
Post #: 527
3/8/2006 21:55:44   
lil boi blue

well we all have competition, but what it comes down to is that if there were people not better than us or not trying to be better than us, we would get better much much slower rather with rivals, like a couple months ago i thought i was pretty good until now where there is the hollow, mysizar, valgaria, and some others that are better than me
AQ DF  Post #: 528
3/8/2006 22:05:55   
somebody621

I'm only good at AS. I can create ok graphics using actionscript (check out my fire), but otherwise, I take forever just to make a good vector graphic.

< Message edited by somebody621 -- 3/8/2006 22:45:03 >
Post #: 529
3/9/2006 3:34:10   
Grie Velorn

a small question how do i make a battle like have the health go down and everything?or a ;oding screen

< Message edited by Goodrun -- 3/9/2006 3:50:37 >

AQ DF  Post #: 530
3/9/2006 15:23:50   
saraid
Banned

Look at the previous pages, I've seen BOTH of these tutorials in this thread before, try reading the thread before you post, it saves people a lot of time.

Also, Jergal, I think a contest is a great idea, not only will it encourage us to improve our actionscripting, I beleive it would bring out the best in all of us.
AQ  Post #: 531
3/9/2006 15:36:55   
somebody621

The only problem with an actionscripting contest is that some people just copy code without knowing what the heck any of it means. I think you should have to explain how the code works.
Post #: 532
3/9/2006 16:37:36   
ericabo123

im back!..lol..well me and a friend are trying to make a game walkaround rpg. Heres what we got so far: Here Its not very good, just a test.The artwork will be dramatically updated soon,probably in a few days.Heres my question, how would i make my character able to touch something and be transferred to another map. I wana know what the coding means, ecause i wana know how to use it in the future. Thanks~mike

Edit:turn up your volume and listen to the medieval like music!

< Message edited by ericabo123 -- 3/9/2006 16:38:06 >
Post #: 533
3/9/2006 17:19:58   
saraid
Banned

quote:

ORIGINAL: somebody621

The only problem with an actionscripting contest is that some people just copy code without knowing what the heck any of it means. I think you should have to explain how the code works.

Good point, I would love to see such a contest happen, simply because it would give me something to do for a couple of days , but there would definitely have to be some sort of validation that you haven't just c/p'd code from various sites etc. I know it was just a passing thought Jergal had, but it would be great if it did happen.
AQ  Post #: 534
3/9/2006 17:42:51   
somebody621

Easiest to do with hitTests thought I don't understand them that well.
First of all, you've got to fix your movement code so you go half the normal speed when key up or key down is pressed because this is not top down view.
Also, don't put in music for demos - It makes the game load way too slowly.
First, make your character's instance char
Code:
//put this in the door's MC (it's easiest for beginners)
//when this MC loads
onClipEvent(load){
//find this door's lowest point
doorbase=_y+_yscale;
//find the char's lowest point
_root.char.charbase = _root.char._x+_root.char._xscale;
//put the frame in which this will go to when your character hits the door
frame = 2;
//call this function every frame
onClipEvent(enterFrame){
//if the char hits this and his 
if(_root.char.hitTest(this)&&_root.char.charbase>doorbase){
_root.gotoAndStop(frame);
}

Also, I've looked up good collision detection and found this great tutorial.

< Message edited by somebody621 -- 3/9/2006 17:52:11 >
Post #: 535
3/9/2006 18:13:56   
flsg

quote:

I'm only good at AS. I can create ok graphics using actionscript (check out my fire), but otherwise, I take forever just to make a good vector graphic.

it was you who did this? Cool...
wait, I'll try to make a better one

< Message edited by flsg -- 3/9/2006 18:14:11 >
AQ  Post #: 536
3/9/2006 18:25:40   
somebody621

The idea is basic. A movie clip is duplicated and assigned random variables within a small range. The movie clip is moved according to the variables, and their alpha goes down as well. When the alpha reaches 0, the movie clip is deleted. I suggest using a bitmap graphic as they can be drawn much faster using flash. I used a vector. The fire really slows down a movie if there is more than one.

< Message edited by somebody621 -- 3/9/2006 19:08:58 >
Post #: 537
3/9/2006 18:57:32   
lil boi blue

well i made this fire awhile ago but never used it http://img134.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fire5eq.swf its more for explosions, there are 42 circles in total lol

http://img467.imageshack.us/my.php?image=coloringtutorial9dt.swf here is a coloring tutorial i tried

< Message edited by lil boi blue -- 3/9/2006 22:37:04 >
AQ DF  Post #: 538
3/10/2006 13:59:33   
Darklord517

I am not sure how to make it so that if your chracters HP is 0, hot to make it go to a lose screen. Please help.
AQ DF  Post #: 539
3/10/2006 17:39:19   
lil boi blue

you need two frames as setup frames, on the first frame put =
HP = 100; enemyHP = 70; stop();

on frame 2 put =

if (_root.HP <= -0) {gotoAndStop("lose");}
if (_root.enemyHP <= -0) {gotoAndStop("win");}

in both of the frames should be guys, a good guy and a bad guy, name the good guy..... good (meaning give the instance name good) and the bad guy.... mean (meaning give the instance name mean) and in BOTH frames they should be in idle positions

make a frame called lose, meaning give the instance name lose to the frame itself, now when good reaches 0 HP he will go to frame "lose"
AQ DF  Post #: 540
3/10/2006 17:52:07   
somebody621

The concept is not too hard. There are many ways to do it. I've probably only listed some
if(char.health<1){
//if the code is on the main timeline, _root is not necessary
//goes to the frame lose
_root.gotoAndStop("lose");
//or
//makes the lose MC visible
_root.losescreen._visible=true;
//thanks flsg for correcting visible
//or
//sets the status text as lose
_root.statusText.text="lose";
//or
//attach lose MC from the library
yourmovieclip.attachMovie(lose, lose1, 1000)
//or. . .
}

< Message edited by somebody621 -- 3/10/2006 18:56:33 >
Post #: 541
3/10/2006 18:37:54   
mathus the seconth

Hello, lil boi blue, i was wondering how you make an "earth" or "floor" under a "sky" with the script you made.(the sky is the gravity, and the earth is the opposite force)
AQ  Post #: 542
3/10/2006 18:40:59   
flsg

quote:

The idea is basic. A movie clip is duplicated and assigned random variables within a small range. The movie clip is moved according to the variables, and their alpha goes down as well. When the alpha reaches 0, the movie clip is deleted. I suggest using a bitmap graphic as they can be drawn much faster using flash. I used a vector. The fire really slows down a movie if there is more than one.

thanks...but I already knew all that

anyway, here's my version using Color.set/getTransform:
http://img163.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fire0gm.swf
those balls are deleted once they're out of the screen
and in this version you can change the wind's force too
I feel...powerful...lol

edit: congradulation for the 10k hits LBB!!!

quote:

......//makes the lose MC visible
_root.losescreen.visible=true;

it's _visible, not visible

< Message edited by flsg -- 3/10/2006 18:45:58 >

My flash gallery
my game thread

flsg, proud old member of AQ(still playing :O)
AQ  Post #: 543
3/10/2006 18:45:42   
somebody621

You could potentially make something like that with lil boi blue's hitTest code. However, the code works by "pushing" the character away from the ground every frame so the code is a little jumpy. It'd be much more convenient to do tile based(my preference-very flexible if you know how to use it) or make the character go up or down when the character is not touching the ground. This way, you don't get repelled, and you don't shoot up a couple of pixels every time you hit the ground. Also, math is the fastest and most accurate way to do collisions so try to stay away from hitTests as much as possible.

flsg:It's a little slow =(; maybe I just have low bandwidth. Only problem with this code is that the ball doesn't change dimensions as it goes up so it looks more like smoke. It's really good otherwise.
I got confused after reading Zoltan's post lol.

< Message edited by somebody621 -- 3/10/2006 23:26:47 >
Post #: 544
3/10/2006 18:48:31   
flsg

somebody621: did you see my post?
anyway I just got Flash8 yesterday, its speed really impressed me(took me only 10 second to load)
and its new effects too

and here's something I made about the gravity(not just the gravity) 3 weeks ago:
http://www.geocities.com/bubbleadventure/bouncyball.swf
once again, I feel powerful

< Message edited by flsg -- 3/10/2006 18:50:10 >
AQ  Post #: 545
3/10/2006 18:54:40   
somebody621

Once again, I have to comment. ;) You might want to restrict the characters so you can only put numbers and no letters. Wow, you bought Flash 8. I envy you. In flash 8, you can do some really nice 3d effects with bitmap distortions and displacements and it's fast doing them too. Oh, and you can also do matrixes, some shape hitTesting, and other cool stuff.

to lil boi blue below this post:I still like it for its code, but Flash 8's blend modes, filters, etc. are really nice

< Message edited by somebody621 -- 3/10/2006 19:04:32 >
Post #: 546
3/10/2006 18:57:01   
lil boi blue

lol, i have flash 8 aswell, i love the filters you can put into MC's like glow/blur, the best for making smoke
AQ DF  Post #: 547
3/10/2006 19:49:19   
The Patriot

how do i make a button open a link to a website?

to amke it easy i know how to make a button i just need to know how to make the button open a website?
AQ  Post #: 548
3/10/2006 19:49:20   
Grie Velorn

yes iwas wondering how do you make fire like that(on page 27)
AQ DF  Post #: 549
3/10/2006 20:05:14   
lil boi blue

sjw, very simple, just make text the stage and and in the properties tab you should see what looks like a chainlinks, that is where you put the www.whatever.com and there you go

goodrun, which one do you mean, mine or somebodies
AQ DF  Post #: 550
Page:   <<   < prev  20 21 [22] 23 24   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Flash help and tutorials, checked daily
Page 22 of 24«<2021222324>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition