Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Flash help and tutorials, checked daily

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Flash help and tutorials, checked daily
Page 24 of 24«<2021222324
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/11/2006 14:32:09   
somebody621

Unless the character is in the ground movieclip, if the ground is all one movieclip, that should not happen.
Oh, and does anybody know if it's possible to draw gradient fills using actionscript?

< Message edited by somebody621 -- 3/11/2006 14:33:07 >
Post #: 576
3/11/2006 14:36:48   
lil boi blue

what the script is for is when you use different music in the same film, http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y158/photo12/oddmix.swf i made a new dynamic pic of odd matches ice w/ fire.

quote:

ORIGINAL: lil boi blue

balls name bob in the instance box down in the properties tab, now on the stage, make a line the same color as your background and make it a movieclip and give it the instance name Uwall and place it in the sky where you want the top of your ball to stop moving up,

give your ball who's name is now bob this code or add it on

onClipEvent (load) {
moveSpeed = 20;
}
onClipEvent (enterFrame) {
if (Key.isDown(Key.RIGHT)) {this._x += 20;}
else if (Key.isDown(Key.UP)) {this._y -= moveSpeed;}
else if (Key.isDown(Key.DOWN)) {this._y += moveSpeed;}
else if (Key.isDown(Key.LEFT)) {this._x += -20;}}

onClipEvent (enterFrame) {if (this.hitTest(_root.Uwall)) {_y = _y+20;}}

20 is how fast the guy goes so if you change the movespeed you'll have to do the same for the _y=_y+20 thing, also if that doesn't work make sure that
1)the uwall is in the sky not the earth,
2)switch the {_y = _y+20;}} to {_y = _y-20;}}
3)prey to god or whoever you believe in/dont believe in

do you know what i mean by instance names? and for the part so that he cant walk on grass i forgot how to make it so that it doesn't err...well so that the guy stops when he hits the diagonal line not space it takes up in a transform box, sure some other actionscript gurus here know, im all about art, know little AS
AQ DF  Post #: 577
3/11/2006 14:42:03   
somebody621

If you want him to stop when he hits the diagonal grass, the solution is to use tile-based structure. You could also use vector collisions. Of course, this takes some knowledge of math and how to manipulate formulas into flash.
Lil Boi Blue: very interesting elements put together. It might help to put in parallax so the perspective is more defined, but otherwise pretty good art. Also, try to make animations, not on the main timeline, but in a movieclip.

< Message edited by somebody621 -- 3/11/2006 14:46:26 >
Post #: 578
3/11/2006 15:06:01   
lil boi blue

lol, it is in a movie clip, they are all movieclips (the ice things) i was just stupid enough to realize that i copy and pasted the MC so that what i did to one would repeat among all the others, get it?
AQ DF  Post #: 579
3/11/2006 15:12:34   
flsg

quote:

ORIGINAL: somebody621

Unless the character is in the ground movieclip, if the ground is all one movieclip, that should not happen.
Oh, and does anybody know if it's possible to draw gradient fills using actionscript?

me!!! lol
use beginGardenFill()
AQ  Post #: 580
3/11/2006 15:14:30   
somebody621

flsg:Isn't it beginGradientFill()?
lil boi blue:No, I mean that the animation should be in a movie clip.
Post #: 581
3/11/2006 15:28:42   
lil boi blue

i know, you mean like double click the MC and place the animation within the MC right? i did it, if im ever going to use it for a game i'll fix it but for now im fine with it

here is a pic that i did in 2 minutes, it has to do with the craze for flash, just look around at how many people have gotten into flash with the past two weeks, i started my flash thread awhile back and noone did flash, i began one of the begining ones and now everyone's doing it

http://img131.imageshack.us/my.php?image=flashmadness1mk.swf

< Message edited by lil boi blue -- 3/11/2006 15:30:46 >
AQ DF  Post #: 582
3/11/2006 15:28:55   
flsg

yeah, it's something like that
I suggest not to use hitTest() in those kind of games
lil boi blue: LOL!!!

< Message edited by flsg -- 3/11/2006 15:29:40 >

My flash gallery
my game thread

flsg, proud old member of AQ(still playing :O)
AQ  Post #: 583
3/11/2006 15:32:25   
lil boi blue

it annoys me sometimes, i get more feedback for my art from this thread rather than my actual thread, its like "come on" this is the thread im supposed to help people but its turned purely to AS questions lol, but i like everyone going for AS rather than graphic design, leaves me less competition
AQ DF  Post #: 584
3/11/2006 15:34:20   
flsg

you can draw thing with AS, but you can't program thing by drawing graphics
that's the big advantage of AS
AQ  Post #: 585
3/11/2006 15:41:01   
lil boi blue

but the advantage of learning to steady your hand really pays off with things like this http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y158/photo12/waterinwell.swf this is probably my favorite picture that i've ever made because i feel its the best, i never got around to animating the water because i would need an individual picture every time

< Message edited by lil boi blue -- 3/11/2006 15:42:42 >
AQ DF  Post #: 586
3/11/2006 17:34:05   
somebody621

lil boi blue: not necessarily. You could use dynamic masks, which again, is actionscript.
Is it possible to change the matrix of a gradient fill once it has been made? If so, how?

< Message edited by somebody621 -- 3/11/2006 17:53:01 >
Post #: 587
Page:   <<   < prev  20 21 22 23 [24]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Flash help and tutorials, checked daily
Page 24 of 24«<2021222324
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition