Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: NT2/Daykeem2's Gimp question Thread II

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: NT2/Daykeem2's Gimp question Thread II
Page 4 of 9«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/14/2005 23:35:49   
wolfythegreat

hey can you help me on some text isues? i need to know how to do some cool text effects! THX.
Post #: 76
10/15/2005 7:34:55   
dudenextdoor
Banned!

i have them now but i don't realy know how to use em

< Message edited by dudenextdoor -- 10/15/2005 7:35:13 >
AQ  Post #: 77
10/15/2005 17:59:29   
Memorex

what type of saving like jpg does aq accept
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 78
10/15/2005 21:12:22   
daykeem2

quote:

ORIGINAL: wolfythegreat

hey can you help me on some text isues? i need to know how to do some cool text effects! THX.

what do you mean? like animation?
i just download and use them, they are all different
AQ  Post #: 79
10/15/2005 21:13:52   
daykeem2

quote:

ORIGINAL: dudenextdoor

i have them now but i don't realy know how to use em

open gimp then click either the eracer, pencil or brush tool then in the tab u will see a picture of a circle (current brush); click the picture then scroll down or up to see the brushes u downloaded
AQ  Post #: 80
10/15/2005 21:14:53   
daykeem2

quote:

ORIGINAL: memorex788

what type of saving like jpg does aq accept

not sure if theres a rule for that but i use PNG, JPEG and GIF for animation
AQ  Post #: 81
10/15/2005 22:05:10   
wolfythegreat

Oh sry for not being spesific but i mean like only seeing the outline and not the filling or getting them to fade or yeah maybe animations (if you can do that on gimp) but ne thing to make my text not so boring! also how do i make like clear borders or different borders besides plain colors?
Post #: 82
10/17/2005 10:14:09   
Neil the 2nd

whoa sorry guys ive been away for a while but im open now

wolfy goto dafont they got awsome fonts there ilike outline ones firey ones game ones anything you can think of

www.dafont.com

< Message edited by Neil the 2nd -- 10/18/2005 10:17:18 >
Post #: 83
10/18/2005 22:04:37   
daykeem2

NT2 i made the bord it just needs filling in and i got the perfect colour.
what should the name be called?
AQ  Post #: 84
10/18/2005 22:34:41   
HAXOR

I've decided to try my hand at rendering in the gimp. I have read the tut on the front page but I didnt really understant it. What I want to do is just have a cut away of the image how do I do that. In case you dont understand what I mean here is an example.
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/2016/halocopy9fc.jpg
plz and thx
Edit: not made by me

< Message edited by HAXOR -- 10/24/2005 20:22:46 >

My dog thinks she is invisable---> the camo dog<---------Horrible resolution I know
^^^^^^^^^^^
My idea of humor
AQ  Post #: 85
10/19/2005 9:40:58   
Neil the 2nd

i dont see whats wrong with that exept the line down the right hand side exept that its a good render

daykeem i dunno yet ill think on it

< Message edited by Neil the 2nd -- 10/19/2005 9:41:49 >
Post #: 86
10/19/2005 16:15:48   
daykeem2

Hexor looks nice for a first. same what NT2 said

NT2 alright while ur doing that ill post the link. ill make u admin when u sign up

http://s14.invisionfree.com/The_GIMP_Vision/index.php
AQ  Post #: 87
10/19/2005 20:55:47   
wolfythegreat

well thx for the fonts but what about some more interesting borders?
Post #: 88
10/19/2005 20:58:48   
Vader
Creativity Contest I Winner-Sigs

do you want me to join your forum?
Post #: 89
10/20/2005 8:33:42   
daykeem2

quote:

ORIGINAL: wolfythegreat

well thx for the fonts but what about some more interesting borders?

Script-FU>> Decor>> Add Border

Varder= not yet lets get it finished first
AQ  Post #: 90
10/20/2005 8:41:56   
Neil the 2nd

daykeem i said he could join as an admin if its ok with you

oh daykeem i was speaking to the mod J and he said if we put more info on the front page we could get it stickied
ive added one more simple tut if you have more pm me

< Message edited by Neil the 2nd -- 10/20/2005 9:16:24 >
Post #: 91
10/22/2005 20:18:40   
daykeem2

alright awsome ill get on making more!
AQ  Post #: 92
10/22/2005 22:28:03   
Hell fire
Banned

How do u paint a transparent layer black??? im trying to blend my texts.. id really apperciate it if u can show it to me with screenshots
AQ  Post #: 93
10/22/2005 22:36:40   
daykeem2

transparnt layer black?
i dunno what u mean by that...
ill be more than willing to help if u give me more detail
AQ  Post #: 94
10/22/2005 22:42:35   
daykeem2

NT2 add this to the front page plz(seperated)

Text Blending Tut:

Any Tutu coming to u from your gyal Daykeem...
in this tut you will learn how to blend your text into your render, background or what ever your planning to blend your text in.
before i biegin, i owuld advise that you dont use theis tut with very colourful enviornment. or course it can be colourful but not something with 57 completly different colour mixed together.
there are two parts to this tut; the detailed section and the non detailed. the non detailed is there for you to get through the tut nice and fast while the detailed is oposite. well, now i start...

quote:

Detailed:

1)Open up your gimp and created an image window. do what ever you need to do then add your text (i would advise a big fat text so you can see the results better but any size is ok).
2)Make sure that the text colour is white, any other colour wont work.
3)Press CRTL-L and the layer box should apear some there. in that box you should see your text. right click it then scroll down to the bottom of the menue and click Alpha to Selection.
4)By now, the (as i like to call them) marching ants should be circleing your text. this is called a selection. press CTRL-I to invert the selection. now the text and the whole image window outline should have a selection/marching ants around it.
5)Add drop shadow at this point: Script-Fu>> Shadow>> Drop Shadow. make the 'Y' and the 'X' 2, make the 'Blur Radious' 5, keep the colour black and uncheck 'Alow Resizing'. i would suggested expanding those attributes if you have text over size 70 and up. make sure blur radious is always bigger than Y and X and Y and X are same numbers.
6)Add another drop shadow andthis time change 'Y' and 'X' to 1, make 'Blur Radious' 0, make the drop shadow colour white and keep 'Alow Resizeing' uncheecked.
7)By this point you should have an amount of 3 layers. the White & Black drop shadows and the text layer. Merge ONLY THESE layers together
8)Just to make sure, on the image window click Select>> None. if you cant click none then dont worry about it.
9)On the merged layer right click it, go to the bottom of the menue and select Alpha to Selection. the whole text should now be surrounded by a selection/marching ants. now lets add a brevel: Script-Fu>> Decor>> Add Bevel and keep it at defult 5. uncheeck Work on Copy.
10)Now all thats left to do is add drop shadow agian: Script-Fu>> Shadow>> Drop Shadow and reset it so that the 'Y' is 2 and the 'X' is 2 also. change the Blurr radious so that its on five and change the colour to black. hit ok.
11)All thats left to do iss merge the text down on the drop shadow. set the text mode to either Value, Burn, Dodge, Soft Light or Overlay (i always go for Value). you can now move the text any where you want on ur image.
12)to make it stand out more i would suggect duplicting the text a number of times then merging them down. keep doing that untill you get the effect that you like.
13)Your DONE!

quote:

None Detailed:

1)Open up your gimp and created an image window. do what ever you need to do then add your text (i would advise a big fat text so you can see the results better but any size is ok).
2)Make sure that the text colour is white, any other colour wont work.
3)Press CRTL-L and the layer box should apear some there. in that box you should see your text. right click it then scroll down to the bottom of the menue and click Alpha to Selection.
4)By now, the (as i like to call them) marching ants should be circleing your text. this is called a selection. press CTRL-I to invert the selection. now the text and the whole image window outline should have a selection/marching ants around it.
5)Add drop shadow at this point: Script-Fu>> Shadow>> Drop Shadow. make the 'Y' and the 'X' 2, make the 'Blur Radious' 5, keep the colour black and uncheck 'Alow Resizing'. i would suggested expanding those attributes if you have text over size 70 and up. make sure blur radious is always bigger than Y and X and Y and X are same numbers.
6)On the image window press CRTL-I agian and then add brevel: Script-Fu>> Decor>> Add Bevel. keep the defult 5 and uncheeck Work on Copy.
7)Add drop shadow agian: Script-Fu>> Shadow>> Drop Shadow and keep the same attributes. hit OK.
8) merge all drop shadow layers to the text. select either Value, Burn, Dodge, Soft Light or Overlay (i always go for Value) for the text mode. YOR DONE!

comments, complaints, advisory, grammer or spelling suggestions always welcome

< Message edited by daykeem2 -- 10/23/2005 0:10:38 >
AQ  Post #: 95
10/22/2005 23:03:02   
Hell fire
Banned

U know when u blend texts?

u need to have 2 drop shadows? ur text layer? and a new trasnparent layer? i wanna know how to paint that new transparent layer black
AQ  Post #: 96
10/22/2005 23:08:10   
daykeem2

ohhh....
just simply click the transparent layer to activate it then choose the fill tool (the tool that look like a bucket). in the forground colour thing on the main gimp window choose black then on the layer window or tab move the transparent layer all the way to the top and click any where ont the image window. now the transparent layer should be black. move that layer down (if you need to) to where ever you want it to be now.
AQ  Post #: 97
10/22/2005 23:11:13   
Hell fire
Banned

When i do that.. the whole sig becomes black..
AQ  Post #: 98
10/22/2005 23:12:49   
daykeem2

ok what is ur objective...
what exactly are u trying to do?
add a custimsed drop shadow to a render or something?
AQ  Post #: 99
10/22/2005 23:16:28   
Vader
Creativity Contest I Winner-Sigs

hes trying to add a stroke, I was trying to help him before, click in or around the selection of text after you alpha to select and grow the selection
Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: NT2/Daykeem2's Gimp question Thread II
Page 4 of 9«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition