Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Flash Q&A thread 2 ** checked everyday

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Flash Q&A thread 2 ** checked everyday
Page 15 of 24«<1314151617>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/30/2006 22:15:23   
mathus the seconth

flsg, i mean that i want to make a flash site in geocities an i want to know if you can do that(im using pageBuilder to make the site)
AQ  Post #: 351
4/30/2006 22:32:38   
ericabo123

Im trying to make a world map using the goto tutorial thingy you wrote and heres what I get... klick. How would I make it so that I go to the inside of the city by touching it on the world map.
Post #: 352
5/1/2006 2:02:01   
Zoltan

ericabo123, Just use a hitest. (the code below is very incomplete so you have to finish it yourself)

onClipEvent (enterFrame) {
if ( ()) {

}
}

mathus the seconth, if you want you could jsut imbed the .swf file into your html like I do for my games.

<html>
<head>
<title></title>
</head>

<!--
Used for embedding flash
-->

<body>
<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=7,0,19,0" width="x amount" height="x amount">
<param name="movie" value="">
<param name="quality" value="high">
<embed src="http://www.com/.swf" quality="high"
pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="x amount" height="x amount"></embed>
</object>
</body>
</html>

Just read through that and you should see the gaps.
Post #: 353
5/1/2006 15:55:27   
flsg

Zoltan: why 2 ()?
quote:

if ( ()) {

mathus the seconth:you can upload by using the File Manager
plus, Zoltan you don't need to write the code yourself, in Flash, use file>publish
AQ  Post #: 354
5/1/2006 18:41:38   
lil boi blue

i feel i should change flash Q&A to actionscript Q&A lol, you guys are like masters of AS through all the transfering of knowlegde and what not, good job, i feel so....lonely, either way i have finals comming up, im lucky to end school in may
AQ DF  Post #: 355
5/1/2006 23:56:55   
Zoltan

Well if your feeling lonley blue.. Come help me! I can say, truthfully that im pretty bad at animation and I need to get some levels done for my shooter game. So if you want you could help out there.. flsg. Im not the expert coder and that was just how I do it. with the whole
if (this.hittest (_root.ect)) { gotandPlay(); type thing is what I do.. and I know that you can use publish as .html but nah besides I said I use that for my games... and yeah.

< Message edited by Zoltan -- 5/1/2006 23:58:58 >
Post #: 356
5/5/2006 20:30:45   
flsg

no post for 3 days? wow lol
no one has questions anymore
man...a multiuser server a a web hosting service cost soooo much...Plus I perhaps need a lawyer to write Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions
AQ  Post #: 357
5/8/2006 15:58:13   
mathus the seconth

alright, i came back to show nOObs like myself what actionscript can really do!

(the code was so long i was afraid to post it here; please note, i did not make the code it was made by the master of NG preloaders, Denvish!)

place this code on the first frame where there is nothing. it will make a COOL NG preloader
AQ  Post #: 358
5/8/2006 16:34:57   
flsg

OMG, this is too long, and it's not very clear.
A good programmer always comment his code and use readable variables
anyway, the effect is cool
AQ  Post #: 359
5/8/2006 17:10:45   
Swordhunter

I have a few questions about flash.

Im currently trying to use flash to create my comics, but Im having a few difficulties with it.

1. Is there some way I could make it so that the box is a set size and it wont change when I enlarge the page.
2. Also, is there some way to make fixed dimesions to it. Something like, making it like 350x700 and keeping it there while I draw?

Just wondering, if anyone could help, it would be most helpful. =)
AQ DF  Post #: 360
5/8/2006 18:09:39   
mathus the seconth

for 1. i think there is a

Stage.scaleMode = "noScale";

function
AQ  Post #: 361
5/8/2006 18:10:42   
Swordhunter

Where's the function located? I really know nothing about Flash except how to make a picture... =/ And thats easy...
AQ DF  Post #: 362
5/8/2006 18:21:48   
somebody621

On the _root frame, put that code. If you do not have the actionscript toolbox open, just go to windows>actions or something like that. Also, you can click on the book on the actions panel to get a meh explanation about the code. Stage.scaleMode = "noScale" basically makes it so that the swf file is unable to be resized when the html is resized. You can also change the settings while publishing it as an html. I hopes this helps. ^_^.
Post #: 363
5/8/2006 18:26:14   
Swordhunter

Wheres the _root frame? =l Wow, this is confusing... What about changing its dimesions? Can I do that?
AQ DF  Post #: 364
5/8/2006 20:00:52   
somebody621

Oops... _root = main timeline(first timeline you see when you open flash) I meant first frame. We've all been nobbs before }=|

< Message edited by somebody621 -- 5/8/2006 20:01:43 >
Post #: 365
5/8/2006 20:06:29   
lil boi blue

they are talking about actionscript, but i have an answer that is not codes, personally codes confuse me too, you're not alone sword hunter

ok make the pic, go to file, in file scroll down to PUBLISH SETTINGS
go to HTML and there is a scroll down option saying "match movie", set it to "pixels" hit OK button

now go to file, go to publish preview, and go to defult, that is what people will see
AQ DF  Post #: 366
5/8/2006 20:18:22   
Swordhunter

=D Thanks. It was confusing for a sec. I know nothing of action and all that jazz.
AQ DF  Post #: 367
5/8/2006 20:48:05   
flsg

argh......too late...
Swordhunter: _root is the main movie, when you create a new .fla file, the first and the only frame you see is the first frame of _root

My flash gallery
my game thread

flsg, proud old member of AQ(still playing :O)
AQ  Post #: 368
5/12/2006 21:04:42   
mathus the seconth

ok ive been studying particle systems. flsg's and lbb's inspired me to make a fire better than both of theris combined. it just so happens that i have been playing with the attatchMovie function lately. so i made the best particle-fire iv'e ever seen.

vote for the best one.

flame ver 1(this one is one movieclip which is duplicated 50 times and given random scale properties through actionscript)

flame ver 2(first particle effect)

flame ver 2.2(only 605 bytes!!!)

Other particle stuff:

volcano

waterfall

flash mx sources:

Flame 1

flame 2

flame 2.2

volcano

waterfall

< Message edited by mathus the seconth -- 5/13/2006 3:10:51 >

AQ  Post #: 369
5/13/2006 10:13:05   
somebody621

Woah! That's no fair! Your flame is made in flash 8 -You can tell because it's blurred. Also, the last time I checked, smoke gets larger when it goes up. Fire does not. Good job anyway ^_^.

P.S: I challenge you to make my photon hoop! No using anyone elses. I only looked to get inspiration.
Post #: 370
5/13/2006 12:37:15   
mathus the seconth

HA! i made it in flash MX. you have to know how to use the old random(number here) function to give it random properties

also the first one is made with frame by frame not actionscript. the only actionscript is used to scale it randomly

it is blurred either because your eyesight is 20 - 40 or the semi - transparent radial fill i gave it makes it look like that.

< Message edited by mathus the seconth -- 5/13/2006 12:43:34 >
AQ  Post #: 371
5/13/2006 12:46:12   
somebody621

My eyesight is pretty good, thank you. It's the radial fill.The first one looks blurred though for some reason.
omg. The random function is depracated! don't use it!
Post #: 372
5/13/2006 13:56:38   
mathus the seconth

what does that mean? ive been using it alot.

p.s. a 5-minute creation

http://denvish.net/ulf/1147537579_proton generator.swf

< Message edited by mathus the seconth -- 5/13/2006 14:32:29 >
AQ  Post #: 373
5/14/2006 11:13:23   
flsg

mathus the seconth: I agree with somebody
the random() function was used in Flash 4, and Macromedia says that it could be removed in the future
imagine that you used random() 100 times, and then in Flash 9 it got removed, you'll need to spend 4 hours to change that lol

My flash gallery
my game thread

flsg, proud old member of AQ(still playing :O)
AQ  Post #: 374
5/14/2006 17:02:12   
mathus the seconth

well, i do not see any reason why it should be removed because if i use

num = Math.round (Math.random * 100)

if(num < 1){
num = 1
}

i have to use more typing than just simply saying

num = random (100) + 1
AQ  Post #: 375
Page:   <<   < prev  13 14 [15] 16 17   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Flash Q&A thread 2 ** checked everyday
Page 15 of 24«<1314151617>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition