Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Flash Q&A thread 2 ** checked everyday

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Flash Q&A thread 2 ** checked everyday
Page 17 of 24«<1516171819>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/30/2006 15:21:51   
ericabo123

Ive never been able to animate flames either...theres too many things to do in each frame. This is like the best I can do rofl...
Pwnage horrid fire..

< Message edited by ericabo123 -- 5/30/2006 15:32:49 >
Post #: 401
5/30/2006 15:28:00   
somebody621

Well you can make fires like this in actionscript, but animating is difficult. w00t! I ownz!
Post #: 402
5/30/2006 15:53:34   
lil boi blue

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y158/photo12/fireballtut.swf

i made a fireball tut thing er mabob
AQ DF  Post #: 403
5/30/2006 18:08:42   
Deemahnik

heh. I'm glad to see i'm not the only one who can't animate them either :P (no offense guys). I've got a design made for fires though, it's just, i can't animate it really. The only way i know, is to move the points around a little and stuff every frame, and then have the fire play a few flames then go down. I wish i could do something similar to like the Undead Fire Giant's flames, but we'd probably need staff for that :p.
AQ  Post #: 404
5/30/2006 18:45:16   
Shadeslayer32

where can i get a free trial of flash mx 2004
AQ  Post #: 405
5/30/2006 21:42:05   
lil boi blue

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=flashpro&loc=en_us

sorry if thats not what your looking for, this is an old pic but do you want something like this?
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y158/photo12/dragonking.swf
its old and out of date but is the the "form" of fire your looking for?
AQ DF  Post #: 406
5/30/2006 22:18:48   
Deemahnik

yeah, kind of. I want it AQ style ya know. Can ya teach me how ya did that? i can possibly make it how i want from that.
AQ  Post #: 407
5/31/2006 7:58:25   
rich316

im back i lost this thread seeing as its name has changed. im using flash 8 now by the way.

can anyone find/write a tutorial on character animation as im finding it difficult :)

btw your move object with keys makes my object rotate weirdly so i use this:
name.onEnterFrame = function() { 
if (Key.isDown(Key.UP)) { 
this._y -=15; 
} else if (Key.isDown(Key.DOWN)) { 
this._y +=15;  
} else if (Key.isDown(Key.LEFT)) { 
this._x -=30; 
} else if (Key.isDown(Key.RIGHT)) { 
this._x += 30; 
} 
};

< Message edited by rich316 -- 5/31/2006 14:14:33 >
AQ  Post #: 408
5/31/2006 15:57:43   
mathus the seconth

quote:

ORIGINAL: Goodrun

can someone help me on a particle system please

I know this was a few days ago but i have the solution here you can learn from the master(correction: master #3). how To make Particle systems(you can download the sources for flash MX and up):

quote:

ORIGINAL: Me

ok ive been studying particle systems. flsg's and lbb's inspired me to make a fire better than both of theris combined. it just so happens that i have been playing with the attatchMovie function lately. so i made the best particle-fire iv'e ever seen.

vote for the best one.

flame ver 1(this one is one movieclip which is duplicated 50 times and given random scale properties through actionscript)

flame ver 2(first particle effect)

flame ver 2.2(only 605 bytes!!!)

Other particle stuff:

volcano

waterfall

flash mx sources:

Flame 1

flame 2

flame 2.2

volcano

waterfall

< Message edited by mathus the seconth -- 5/31/2006 16:01:58 >

AQ  Post #: 409
5/31/2006 19:50:28   
lil boi blue

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich316

im back i lost this thread seeing as its name has changed. im using flash 8 now by the way.

can anyone find/write a tutorial on character animation as im finding it difficult :)

btw your move object with keys makes my object rotate weirdly so i use this:
name.onEnterFrame = function() { 
if (Key.isDown(Key.UP)) { 
this._y -=15; 
} else if (Key.isDown(Key.DOWN)) { 
this._y +=15;  
} else if (Key.isDown(Key.LEFT)) { 
this._x -=30; 
} else if (Key.isDown(Key.RIGHT)) { 
this._x += 30; 
} 
};

lol, im better at editing codes rather making them, i change the rotational stuff around whenever i use it, though i have not done BIG scripting in so long, i do simple things like on(release){gotoAndStop(4);} and that kind of simple things
AQ DF  Post #: 410
6/1/2006 7:35:21   
rich316

yes at the moment im making a typical arcade style shooter and using the one with rotations the ship ends up in weird places :)
AQ  Post #: 411
6/1/2006 12:09:53   
lil boi blue

yea also if you change the rotational point on the object (free transform tool, select movie clip, move white dot to a corner or something,) that also affects where it curves so try that as well
AQ DF  Post #: 412
6/1/2006 12:12:50   
somebody621

You're wrong this time LLB! It's the registration point(the cross in the MC), not the little circle.
Post #: 413
6/1/2006 13:36:07   
lil boi blue

well i can raise myself up again! double click an MC and move the whole thing around the crosshairs through it, whereever you want it (crosshairs dont move)
AQ DF  Post #: 414
6/1/2006 16:41:46   
ericabo123

Umm....I just got the close flash error again. This time I have only been working on my project for like 10 minutes, I was coloring in some fire and all of a sudden the paint tool stopped working and blam I get the error. I was coloring in some fire using the brush tool. I never had this problem before a few months ago..
Post #: 415
6/1/2006 23:24:20   
Deemahnik

Hey, how do ya animate that fire? :P It's making me rather mad that i can't figure it out :P
AQ  Post #: 416
6/2/2006 2:10:12   
mathus the seconth

you mean my fire? if so: look on layer producer(select the whole thing with the free transform tool) and then you will see a code. what that code says is: duplicate particle 30 times a second (my frame rate is 30)and place then in the position of the mouse. for the code on the particle: right-click the particle movie clip in the library an choose edit, go to layer actions and open up actions and theres code #2. to put it solid in one place remove the whole onMouseMove part of the code in producer and just place it where you want flames(remember to put particle in the libray) if you dont understand BE MORE SPECIFIC thats all.(I typed this whole message with my left hand!(finally it's good for something))

[text.visible = false;]!@$#&*( ^&$#!^$% &()*$%^& (_% $#$* *&0^ $@&[/text.visible = false;]
AQ  Post #: 417
6/2/2006 14:18:57   
somebody621

I just lost my actionscripting mojo =(. I went onto graphics design in flash. Anyway, a little wizard dude I made. Here

Deemahnik: Anyway, whose fire are you talking about?
Mathus:You're random. Typing a post just with your left hand?
Post #: 418
6/2/2006 14:37:11   
Deemahnik

nevermind guys. i can try to do something myself. IF I ever get something good, i'll post it ;)
AQ  Post #: 419
6/2/2006 15:18:27   
lil boi blue

hey something, is that an actionscripted fire? its pretty good ^_^ i typically dont like actionscripted art like the particle stuff but i actually like that one

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y158/photo12/lightning.swf here are some natural disaster effects i tried to do, though the noises get annoying after awhile, you can turn on the volume, also click on the buttons on the right hand side to change from rain, to fire, to lightning, the lightning is my favorite

< Message edited by lil boi blue -- 6/2/2006 15:20:31 >
AQ DF  Post #: 420
6/2/2006 15:41:38   
somebody621

LBB: Nope. Not Actionscripted for BG. BTW, for the lightning, try to make it just a bit thinner. Also, if you shape tween it from a little dot or line, it looks pretty cool in my opinion.

Anyway, can anyone see a color change in the fire, like from yellow to red? I did put a color.setTransfrom, but you can't really tell. If I make the color transform too dramatic, it doesn't look good either. The black stuff on the fire is because of the depth order.

< Message edited by somebody621 -- 6/9/2006 18:53:20 >
Post #: 421
6/2/2006 17:54:31   
blazewild***

how do i put a font that i have downloaded on to a sig or something...( be able to use it) can you pm me please i can check this too often... thanks... cya

Sig too big! 500x100 pixels MAX size!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 422
6/2/2006 22:18:51   
X~Zaros~X

do you have to have a flash sig/banner/avatar mod aproved?

i have one i wont post it without a yes or no though
AQ  Post #: 423
6/2/2006 23:08:47   
lil boi blue

for sigs, as long as it is within the border limits than it is fine, the only approved thing you need is for avatars, but you can only have personal avatars if you have a special title, even specialer than mine lol like creative/! or helpful/!
AQ DF  Post #: 424
6/3/2006 1:11:39   
Deemahnik

Hey again guys. Right now, i'm not here about the Fire. I'm making a music video kind of for a song. And i'm thinking about putting it on Newgrounds. Now, i've noticed most things have a loading screen. Can I be taught how to make one. If it helps, i can wait till i get the actual video done. It has some mildy harsh language, so i wouldn't be able to post it openly on the board. ;)

I was jsut wondering if anybody could help. Well, thanks in advance guys.
AQ  Post #: 425
Page:   <<   < prev  15 16 [17] 18 19   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Flash Q&A thread 2 ** checked everyday
Page 17 of 24«<1516171819>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition