Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Flash Q&A thread 2 ** checked everyday

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Flash Q&A thread 2 ** checked everyday
Page 6 of 24«<45678>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/23/2006 19:58:45   
lil boi blue

too shay, we dont understand eachother lol, but somebody's got the idea

1)open jar
2)get pickle
3)put jar away
4)eat pickle
5)poop the pickle
etc... with the pickle
AQ DF  Post #: 126
3/23/2006 20:10:19   
flsg

oh, I understand it now
but LBB, I'm not sure to explain the basic thing, because Array and Variables takes about 40 pages to explain
but for the difficult part, I'll try to explain
AQ  Post #: 127
3/23/2006 20:18:05   
lil boi blue

lol, you dont have to explain it, just instruct it lol like dont tell a person what the pickle does "the pickle is made of radioactive chemicals that disinigrate in you're mouth when in contact with the salivery glands" just say "eat the pickle" slowly they will find out what it does explaining is for math teachers, not for flash teachers lol

EDIT: i overuse the word lol a lot
AQ DF  Post #: 128
3/24/2006 3:32:59   
Zoltan

Yeah its just like your saying "hey guys, I know, lets use this tooth pick to dismantle this bomb!"..... I, personally would run away.
Post #: 129
3/24/2006 18:34:36   
flsg

sorry LBB, I can't do that, this code is very flexible, I can't say when, or where you should use it, it's not like:
open Flash
put this code on the first frame
I'm teaching a way of programming, if I only teach themn how to use a big piece of code, how can they if the structure of the game changed?
AQ  Post #: 130
3/25/2006 0:42:17   
Zoltan

Maby we sould just start supplying people with .zip files with certant game engine files in it and a 'read me'. and if they want to learn all the coding they will.
Post #: 131
3/25/2006 20:22:19   
lil boi blue

or make a list of how to use all the scripts not what they do but how to use them, well this is my latest thing

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y158/photo12/flyship.swf its more for the flying ship rather than the backgrounds, its supposed to be that scene in DF where you go to the left on the thing over the cliff, watching off into the distance

< Message edited by lil boi blue -- 3/25/2006 20:24:00 >
AQ DF  Post #: 132
3/26/2006 4:41:38   
Crimson dragon

hi im making a simple minigame. you are the dragon and you have to aviod the green triangle. i hav problams though........i dont know wot the coding is to make it so wen the dragon touches the water or the trangle it says you lose. if anybody could help me with this i would be very happy =)LLB your totourail helped a lot

< Message edited by Crimson dragon -- 3/26/2006 4:44:55 >

Max height: 100 pixels
Max width: 500 pixels
Max file size: 50k
(This includes text)
AQ  Post #: 133
3/26/2006 11:10:40   
lil boi blue

ok if the dragon's instance name, not his actual name, but his instance name is guy then when he hits the triangle or water he goes to another frame that says "you lose" and give THIS CODE to the TRIANGLE and WATER

onClipEvent (enterFrame)
{if (_parent.guy.hitTest (this))
{_parent.gotoAndStop("lose");}}

change guy to whatever you named this instance name of the dragon

to other AS coders, i know there are better things than hittests but i dont know them, please give dragon the code for how to make it so that the objects have to hit their ourline rather their editing boxes

dragon: for now this will help you but whenever the dragon's editing box hits the triangle or water he loses lol
AQ DF  Post #: 134
3/26/2006 11:14:34   
chrislongden3
Banned

ok, im looking for some info on actionscript based sound playing. I want to make a code which allows different sounds to play depending on the value of a variable, can anybody help me with this.
AQ  Post #: 135
3/26/2006 11:16:55   
Crimson dragon

Thank you very much!
AQ  Post #: 136
3/26/2006 11:28:08   
somebody621

Ahh! Lil Boi Blue! How dare you! At least use shape hitTesting like this: if(_parent.guy.hitTest(this, true)){
Post #: 137
3/26/2006 11:33:31   
lil boi blue

*whips somebody furiously* i...said...respect...my authoratah! lol jk be thankful i got rid of the stool and titanium meter sticks
AQ DF  Post #: 138
3/26/2006 11:51:41   
Crimson dragon

does anybody know a actionscript toutourail site? copy and pasting is all well and good but id much rather know the code
thanks
AQ  Post #: 139
3/26/2006 12:09:47   
flsg

Crimson dragon: OMG, you're cool lol
http://www.kirupa.com

LBB:OMG!!! your new animation....it's...it's...it's that scene in the airship quest in the new AQ town!!!(lol, yes, I play AQ every day since 2 years)
AQ  Post #: 140
3/26/2006 12:16:06   
Crimson dragon

thank you!

Max height: 100 pixels
Max width: 500 pixels
Max file size: 50k
(This includes text)
AQ  Post #: 141
3/26/2006 12:32:26   
somebody621

Would this be a fast way to scroll a tile-based map?
First build the whole map with an array and make a second array with the entire width and height like this:
mapWhole = [[0, 1, 2, 3, 4],
 [1, 1, 1, 1, 1],
 [2, 2, 2, 2, 2],
 [3, 3, 3, 3, 3]];
 // this is for a 5 by 4 map.

Also make an array like that for your scrollpane.
Second, make a variable scrollX and scrollY based on your character's xTile and yTile.
Next, build the whole map using for(var i in mapWhole){ and for(var j in mapWhole[0]){ loops. Don't make the tiles gotoAndStop yet.
Then, use another for... in loop for your scrollpane using variables k and l. After each loop, use this: var m = k + scrollX or something like that, and make those tiles go to the right frame.
For movement, it should be about the same, except you use gotoAndStop to go to an empty frame instead of deleting the tile.
Post #: 142
3/26/2006 12:36:56   
lil boi blue

quote:

ORIGINAL: flsg

Crimson dragon: OMG, you're cool lol
http://www.kirupa.com

LBB:OMG!!! your new animation....it's...it's...it's that scene in the airship quest in the new AQ town!!!(lol, yes, I play AQ every day since 2 years)

what airship quest, wow, what a massive coincidence, i haven't played AQ for two months lol, i've been level 67 since august. i was meaning the thing in DF where when you start off you can go to the left and it shows an overlook of the view and this is my prediction of what will happen,
AQ DF  Post #: 143
3/26/2006 14:30:30   
Crimson dragon

sorry that i keep asking for help but how would i would i make a turn based battle system 4 a rpg? thanks :D
i also learnt how to do random numbers yay.

< Message edited by Crimson dragon -- 3/26/2006 16:01:27 >
AQ  Post #: 144
3/26/2006 14:31:51   
chrislongden3
Banned

lol, random numbers between any 2 numbers are annoying to learn, but useful once you get the code right
AQ  Post #: 145
3/26/2006 14:42:06   
mathus the seconth

Hey, i was wondering how u would make an enemy die when he gets hit by a bullet in a shooting game.

AQ  Post #: 146
3/26/2006 14:45:58   
Crimson dragon

im not great at action script so i couldnt tell you sorry =(
AQ  Post #: 147
3/26/2006 15:05:39   
Zoltan

mathus the seconth, well what type of shooter is it, is it side scroller, or fps, is the bullet going to be a sepearte mc or is it going to be when its cicked with the mose...
Post #: 148
3/26/2006 15:20:14   
lil boi blue

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y158/photo12/tutorialgame.swf here is a turn based system o yeah
AQ DF  Post #: 149
3/26/2006 15:25:44   
flsg

somebody621: OMG, I'm confused X( anyway, why do you use for-in loop? you could simply use:
for(var i=0; i<mapWhole.length; i++){
   for(var j=0; j<mapWhole[0].length; j++){
      ///code...
   }
}

Crimson dragon: to generate a random number easily, you could use the Flash 4 method: random(the number)
the number is a number that you want, exemple: random(5) return you a random number between 0~4
random(5)+1 return a number between 1~5
etc.
or you could use Math.floor+Math.random, I'm too lazy to show you how to use this, go to Kirupa.com and they'll show you how

I need help, does anyone know where to buy a good JSP+ASP+Access+.com domain space? I need it!

My flash gallery
my game thread

flsg, proud old member of AQ(still playing :O)
AQ  Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Flash Q&A thread 2 ** checked everyday
Page 6 of 24«<45678>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition